Mustang Evolution Forum banner

NEW MODS! BIG Changes

5K views 39 replies 21 participants last post by  Diehard 
#1 · (Edited)
I've been MIA for a while and here's why

I finally got my Borla S-types I've always wanted. Only took me and a buddy 40 minutes to put them on. They sound absolutely amazing. I wanted something that turned heads but wasn't too loud. It took me about 3 years to finally pull the trigger on them. Best sounding exhaust in my opinion. No drone at all. And the tips look amazing.

Automotive exhaust Exhaust system Muffler Auto part

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Automotive lighting

Right after the Borlas I ordered the steeda CAI from steeda for an amazing price from their Memorial Day sale
Ordered a tune from bama soon after to account for the tune required intake. The cabin noise is a roar now. Very intoxicating. Feels like it pulls a little stronger down low too. Engine Auto part Motor vehicle Vehicle Car

After the Steeda intake I finally tried out MPT for my tunes and boy am I glad I did. I chose performance and race shifting on 91. The car feels like I've been re tuned all over again! Pulls way harder and the shifts and very very firm (auto trans) I used to chirp 2nd now I scream it. I want to go back to the 1/8 mile to see any et/trap differences soon.
I am running rich however because I'm having a lot of back firing and popping. Especially If I hang in a gear higher in the RPMs and decelerate (lots of popping) I'll see if I can get MPT to fix this with a data log soon.

Next I finally lowered this thing with the SR springs off AM. It only took a buddy and I 2 and a half hours to install. Love the look, no more 4x4 look and I can take turns much more aggressively now. Here's a before and after
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Sports car Personal luxury car

Vehicle Car Personal luxury car Motor vehicle Muscle car

When I ordered the springs I also ordered an MMD deck lid panel to finish off the rear to match the front end which is coming up. Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive lighting Motor vehicle

And finally I put together my favorite front end for the s197. Ordered a painted GT bumper pre painted off ebay, a California special/boss front valence off AM and the saleen grille off latemodel and put it all together this morning. Used 3 push pins to hold down the grille flush but Latemodel only supplies 1. Hooking up my previous v6 fogs with the gt/cs once were supper easy and didn't have to use the extension supplied manly for gt guys for their old fogs.
Here's a before and after
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Hood

Land vehicle Vehicle Motor vehicle Hood Automotive design

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Tire

I also put 2 small but very strong magnets behind my grille so I could make my 3.7L cyclone badge removable.
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive design Automotive lighting

I recommend the steeda intake
I recommend the SR springs (putting on an adjustable panhard bar soon)
I highly recommend the MPT tune if you want a greater performing tune
I absolutely recommend the Borla S-types

What do you guys think?

See less See more
#4 ·
Unless you datalog you have no way of knowing the tune is running lean. The pops on Decel are a normal engine function, and are a result of the aggressive downshifting MPT tunes in. Pops are also typically rich conditions, because they are unburned fuel ending up in the exhaust.

The Steeda CAI has a larger MAF diameter than stock, so if you did not account for that, you would certainly be running lean. However, I assume MPT has you covered and the car is probably running pretty strong.

#14 ·

I finally got my Borla S-types I've always wanted. Only took me and a buddy 40 minutes to put them on. They sound absolutely amazing. I wanted something that turned heads but wasn't too loud. It took me about 3 years to finally pull the trigger on them. Best sounding exhaust in my opinion. No drone at all. And the tips look amazing.

View attachment 162028
View attachment 162029

Right after the Borlas I ordered the steeda CAI from steeda for an amazing price from their Memorial Day sale
Ordered a tune from bama soon after to account for the tune required intake. The cabin noise is a roar now. Very intoxicating. Feels like it pulls a little stronger down low too. View attachment 162030

After the Steeda intake I finally tried out MPT for my tunes and boy am I glad I did. I chose performance and race shifting on 91. The car feels like I've been re tuned all over again! Pulls way harder and the shifts and very very firm (auto trans) I used to chirp 2nd now I scream it. I want to go back to the 1/8 mile to see any et/trap differences soon.
I am running rich however because I'm having a lot of back firing and popping. Especially If I hang in a gear higher in the RPMs and decelerate (lots of popping) I'll see if I can get MPT to fix this with a data log soon.

Next I finally lowered this thing with the SR springs off AM. It only took a buddy and I 2 and a half hours to install. Love the look, no more 4x4 look and I can take turns much more aggressively now. Here's a before and after
View attachment 162026
View attachment 162027

When I ordered the springs I also ordered an MMD deck lid panel to finish off the rear to match the front end which is coming up. View attachment 162031

And finally I put together my favorite front end for the s197. Ordered a painted GT bumper pre painted off ebay, a California special/boss front valence off AM and the saleen grille off latemodel and put it all together this morning. Used 3 push pins to hold down the grille flush but Latemodel only supplies 1. Hooking up my previous v6 fogs with the gt/cs once were supper easy and didn't have to use the extension supplied manly for gt guys for their old fogs.
View attachment 162032
View attachment 162033
View attachment 162034

I also put 2 small but very strong magnets behind my grille so I could make my 3.7L cyclone badge removable.
View attachment 162035

What do you guys think?

Looks dope man! Great looking mustang! Love that front end! How hard was installing the SR springs? Did you use a spring compressor?

2013 Black 3.7 V6

#17 ·
Looks sick! How much did it cost you for your front end?

2012 v6 Black Performance Package MT CAI 3:73 Ford Racing Gears 91 Hybrid Bama tune Deleted Mufflers

#26 ·
Looks great man! I love what you've done so far. Keep up the great work with your build! Let me know if you have any questions or need some assistance in the near future. We'd be happy to help!

-Dan

#29 ·
Hmmmm.... I'm having regrets about my front end. I also have a 2012 and got the only chin spoiler available for the v6 bumper, the Stillen on AM. It helps, but not nearly as drastic of a change as yours. That CS front valence is absolutely gorgeous. The GT bumper looks so much better than the V6. Yeah, I only had to pay $200, but I feel like what you paid for was worth it.

#32 ·

View attachment 162028
View attachment 162029

Ordered a tune from bama soon after to account for the tune required intake. The cabin noise is a roar now. Very intoxicating. Feels like it pulls a little stronger down low too. View attachment 162030

View attachment 162026
View attachment 162027

When I ordered the springs I also ordered an MMD deck lid panel to finish off the rear to match the front end which is coming up. View attachment 162031

View attachment 162032
View attachment 162033
View attachment 162034

View attachment 162035

What do you guys think?
Where did you get the GT front bumper from? Ebay? Could you tell me the seller/info.? I've been trying to find one for close to a year but I don't know which is a safe bet that has a good quality product. This is the one I'm looking at.
2012 Ford Mustang Front Bumper Painted CI Grabber Blue for GT Models | eBay

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.