Borla S-types or ATAK? - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-24-2014, 02:13 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
I would do anything for an RTR decklid.... anything..... LOL.
Hopefully Borla and BBK have some good prices so I can pick up some S-types and some headers!
I love MMD's exterior mods, but they're just way too expensive.... Haven't been able to justify spending $100 on painted mirror covers.... I love them and hate the black plastic ones.... but I just can't spend $100 on them....
Advertisement

Old 07-24-2014, 02:23 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
They had one spoiler sitting in the table towards the end of the show, so I told him I would take it off his hands so he didn't have to carry it back to the shop. Dudes response, "you can have it at full price." I hope it cost him $400 to freight it back to wherever

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Gunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 02:30 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunner View Post
They had one spoiler sitting in the table towards the end of the show, so I told him I would take it off his hands so he didn't have to carry it back to the shop. Dudes response, "you can have it at full price." I hope it cost him $400 to freight it back to wherever

$435 for that piece of aluminum? No thanks guy. I hope it cost him that too. AM has them for $370 ... I really wouldn't pay more than $300 for it....
Advertisement

Old 07-24-2014, 02:30 PM   #39
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue1993 View Post
I would do anything for an RTR decklid.... anything..... LOL.
Hopefully Borla and BBK have some good prices so I can pick up some S-types and some headers!
I love MMD's exterior mods, but they're just way too expensive.... Haven't been able to justify spending $100 on painted mirror covers.... I love them and hate the black plastic ones.... but I just can't spend $100 on them....

Thats funny, Im totally opposite. I love their stuff and think the prices for the pre-painted stuff are excellent. Im not into much of the performance stuff, I like the eye candy. The hood scoop is my next purchase.
Socal Stangman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 02:32 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socal Stangman View Post
Thats funny, Im totally opposite. I love their stuff and think the prices for the pre-painted stuff are excellent. Im not into much of the performance stuff, I like the eye candy. The hood scoop is my next purchase.
Oh yeah their stuff is super nice. They have good prices on their hood scoops, side body louvres, and window louvres, and spoilers.... It's just those damn mirror covers. If they were $70 I'd buy them. Just can't do $99 out of principle. Maybe they aren't that expensive and I'm just hung up over the $99 price tag and that their painted faux gas cap is $99...
Old 07-24-2014, 03:00 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Oh yeah their stuff is super nice. They have good prices on their hood scoops, side body louvres, and window louvres, and spoilers.... It's just those damn mirror covers. If they were $70 I'd buy them. Just can't do $99 out of principle. Maybe they aren't that expensive and I'm just hung up over the $99 price tag and that their painted faux gas cap is $99...
Dude, those covers will make your car flow so much better. I was amazed how such a small mod made the car look so much better. Those black ones I had on made the car looked so cheap, like a base model.lol They are a little pricey but IMO really worth it!

2013 3.7 Manual Candy apple red metallic,
GT 500 stripes, painted side mirror covers, GT 500 spoiler, 2010 GT premium wheels with Pirelli P-zero tires, upper and lower front billet grille, Barton shifter bracket, Airaid Cold air intake, S.R lowering springs, J&M adjustable panhard bar, Boss 302 strut tower brace, 3.73 ford racing gears, Bama tuned, BBK shorty headers, Roush Axel backs.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1406231931606.jpg
Views:	158
Size:	76.1 KB
ID:	162183  
FastFord13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 03:04 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastFord13 View Post
Dude, those covers will make your car flow so much better. I was amazed how such a small mod made the car look so much better. Those black ones I had on made the car looked so cheap, like a base model.lol

GT 500 stripes, painted side mirror covers, GT 500 spoiler, 2010 GT premium wheels with Pirelli P-zero tires, upper and lower front billet grille, Barton shifter bracket, Airaid Cold air intake, S.R lowering springs, J&M adjustable panhard bar, Boss 302 strut tower brace, 3.73 ford racing gears, Bama tuned, BBK shorty headers, Roush Axel backs.
I was hoping to pick them up at the AM show next month at a discount. $15 off coupon currently for purchases $100 or more and they are $99.99
Old 07-24-2014, 05:27 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I was hoping to pick them up at the AM show next month at a discount. $15 off coupon currently for purchases $100 or more and they are $99.99

Get the side window covers and a few dollar key chain or something.. problem solved! Lol
Old 07-24-2014, 09:41 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

THE PYPES ARE SOLD AND OFF THE CAR. Shipping them tomorow. Thank god, if i had to listen to any more of that drone I would have killed myself. I forgot how heavy those stock mufflers are, jeez. Now the car is quiet . At least I have the x-pipe, CAI and tune on it so it still sounds decent. Hoping to pick up Borla S-Types at a discount at the AM show. What do you guys think, stock until then and hope to get a good deal, or get them now from AM with the forum discount. I wonder which would be cheaper.
Old 07-24-2014, 09:49 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
Wait! You be kicking yourself if you get them now and go to the show and find out you could get them cheaper. Even if it's only $20 cheaper you'll be mad you didn't wait or at least I would.
AJcruz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 09:53 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJcruz1 View Post
Wait! You be kicking yourself if you get them now and go to the show and find out you could get them cheaper. Even if it's only $20 cheaper you'll be mad you didn't wait or at least I would.
Ugh I know, I'm just worried because they are a lot more expensive on Borla's website than on AM. Not sure if it will be Borla prices discounted there or AM's discounted, or even discounted at all since it's the "premiere" most expensive exhaust basically.
I will also be on the hunt for some discounted headers (BBK shorty's preferably....not a fan of LT's on this car myself) and some minor aesthetic mod's and whatever else I think is cool! Oh, and raffles of course!
Old 07-24-2014, 10:22 PM   #47
Registered Member

Regular

I'm no expert on AM but they might not have any thing you're looking for at the show. They have a lot of products and they can't bring every thing. If I had to guess they willbe there supporting the company and handing out catalogs and decals and such.

The 6% forum discount and free shipping is already a pretty damn good deal! I wouldn't expect more than that... Just my thoughts.
Old 07-24-2014, 10:32 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socal Stangman View Post
I'm no expert on AM but they might not have any thing you're looking for at the show. They have a lot of products and they can't bring every thing. If I had to guess they willbe there supporting the company and handing out catalogs and decals and such.

The 6% forum discount and free shipping is already a pretty damn good deal! I wouldn't expect more than that... Just my thoughts.
I was hoping independent vendors like BBK, Borla, RTR etc. would be there with products for sale at a discount... maybe one of the AM guys on here could shed some light on this.
Old 07-25-2014, 12:37 PM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
i say atak all the way .... its only loud when ur pushing it normal daily driving u bearly knotice the exhaust but when u step o it .... it yells and growls and sounds just simlpy amazing !!!!
dozer 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 12:42 PM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Ataks, unless you have plans on doing LTS and or off road x/h, then I'd say s-types.

FastFord13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 03:51 PM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

I plan on doing shorty headers and I have a FR x-pipe on it... The ATAKs just sound so tinny and obnoxious to me and the S-Types sound deeper and more of a quality noise comes from them to me

Old 07-25-2014, 05:18 PM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Quote:
I plan on doing shorty headers and I have a FR x-pipe on it... The ATAKs just sound so tinny and obnoxious to me and the S-Types sound deeper and more of a quality noise comes from them to me

FYI
You can get BBK ceramic shorty headers at autoanything.com for $341.00 after a 10% discount.
That was the best price I could find.
(Or $256 for the chrome.)
Lets not forget, an opinion is a judgment, viewpoint, or statement about matters commonly considered to be subjective.
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 05:51 PM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diehard View Post
FYI

You can get BBK ceramic shorty headers at autoanything.com for $341.00 after a 10% discount.

That was the best price I could find.

(Or $256 for the chrome.)

Do they offer free shipping? Thanks for the tip!

Old 07-25-2014, 09:18 PM   #54
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Go S-type and a BBK catted x pipe
cameron43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 09:53 PM   #55
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Atak. No questions asked. The Mustang was built for this.

Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution
cmegnin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 09:34 AM   #56
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Do they offer free shipping? Thanks for the tip!

YES!
Lets not forget, an opinion is a judgment, viewpoint, or statement about matters commonly considered to be subjective.
Old 07-26-2014, 09:38 AM   #57
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diehard View Post
YES!

That's cheaper than AM! And I know AM won't price match if the other persons price includes a discount. Do you know how long the sale is for? On vacation until Monday

Old 07-26-2014, 09:57 AM   #58
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
That's cheaper than AM! And I know AM won't price match if the other persons price includes a discount. Do you know how long the sale is for? On vacation until Monday

I believe their normal price for the ceramics is $380 and they frequently offer a 10% discount. I bought mine 6/10/14 and they had the 10% discount then. I just looked again and they're still offering the 10% discount.

BBK Headers, BBK Performance Exhaust Headers - Installations & Reviews
(Scroll down for the V6 headers.)
Old 07-28-2014, 09:52 AM   #59
Registered Member
Regular

Went to order the S-Types on AM just now, and they're out of stock....
Old 07-28-2014, 10:53 AM   #60
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Borla S-types or ATAK?

Same thing just happened to me :p made my appointment for the install, went online to pull the trigger and next thing I know those buggers had already flown off their shelves once again!

They seemed to have restocked fairly quickly last time. We shouldn't have to wait too long

DiESeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 10:57 AM   #61
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiESeven View Post
Same thing just happened to me :p made my appointment for the install, went online to pull the trigger and next thing I know those buggers had already flown off their shelves once again!

They seemed to have restocked fairly quickly last time. We shouldn't have to wait too long

$569 with the forum discount. Don't think I'll get a better deal than that. I will be patient and wait to order them from AM. I can get them for $580 from another website that has them in stock, but I have never dealt with them before.
Old 07-28-2014, 12:27 PM   #62
Registered Member
Regular

They're back in stock! That was fast LOL.
Old 07-28-2014, 03:04 PM   #63
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
ATAK....had them on my car and everyone tells me they love the sound it gives, nothing but complements and no drone

epit2me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 03:25 PM   #64
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by epit2me View Post
ATAK....had them on my car and everyone tells me they love the sound it gives, nothing but complements and no drone

I think we all have a different definition of drone. When a muffler is loud it willl drone, plain and simple. The Ataks are loud mufflers. The same with the Roush, its a straight thru design so once again it will drone. I have Mac AB and its a chambered muffler and it drones. Its not real bad but its drone none the less. I believe its just that we all have a different tolerance level. The only muffler that doesnt drone would be a stock one, they are designed to not have any drone. Ive been around cars for a long time and have many different exhausts and they all have some kind of drone, some worse than others.
Old 07-28-2014, 03:38 PM   #65
Registered Member
Regular

I beg to differ, the ATAKs are Acoustically-Tuned Applied Kinetics, which is Borla's newest technology that produces the highest available dB (decibel) levels to pump the volume while retaining clarity of sound, avoiding distortion typically found in louder exhausts. This particular style of muffler was also design to eliminate drone. These cost a little more but you get what you pay for....

Old 07-28-2014, 03:41 PM   #66
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
I beg to differ, the ATAKs are Acoustically-Tuned Applied Kinetics, which is Borla's newest technology that produces the highest available dB (decibel) levels to pump the volume while retaining clarity of sound, avoiding distortion typically found in louder exhausts. This particular style of muffler was also design to eliminate drone. These cost a little more but you get what you pay for....

I understand what youre saying. This is a debate that could go on forever..

Let me ask you this though...when youre cruising around 2500-3k RPM can you hear the exhaust?
Old 07-28-2014, 03:42 PM   #67
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

After watching videos (from Borla themselves and others online) and hearing them in person and just knowing what I got myself into with my Pypes the ATAKs are just way too raspy and drone-y for me. They sound like a buzzing bee pulling away. This is all opinionated though. What sounds good to me could sound bad to you and vice-versa. The S-types are the perfect sound to me and they are completely less raspy than the ATAKs but still loud and amazing sounding when you want them to be.
Old 07-28-2014, 03:48 PM   #68
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
After watching videos (from Borla themselves and others online) and hearing them in person and just knowing what I got myself into with my Pypes the ATAKs are just way too raspy and drone-y for me. They sound like a buzzing bee pulling away. This is all opinionated though. What sounds good to me could sound bad to you and vice-versa. The S-types are the perfect sound to me and they are completely less raspy than the ATAKs but still loud and amazing sounding when you want them to be.

Yes, this is what Im saying. The way they are made they will drone. To say there is "No" drone just isnt true.
Old 07-28-2014, 03:49 PM   #69
Registered Member
Regular

2500-3K nope not at all. You would have to roll down the windows and cut the radio off to hear it. The only time you hear those exhaust is if I'm putting my foot into the gas and if I want them to be loud. And believe me, I can't do drone. I drive 70 miles round trip a day for work. The drone will drive me up the wall....the only thing you would hear is the pop it gives but that is manufactured to do that so I mean if you looking for an aggressive tone to your exhaust this would be it. If your looking to be more subtle then you may want to look into some touring exhaust

Old 07-28-2014, 08:37 PM   #70
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
I agree my s-types have 0 drone and purr on demand.. And trust me I know drone.. I owned the pypes bombs muffler deletes lol

Jaylg86 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang