Turtle wax T-10 Black Tire Coat - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-23-2014, 09:49 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Turtle wax T-10 Black Tire Coat

I read in this forum that this was a good product to use for long lasting great looking tires. I ordered a bottle then mistakenly read the reviews on the product.

Most aren't good. However, a good amount of the feedback posts are a year or more older. So maybe the chemical formula has improved.

Is anyone on this forum using it? Is there a better alternative?

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
sguevara is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-23-2014, 09:54 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
I use Turtle wax wet'n black tire shine. Looks great, lasts long.
Not sure what the reviews say of it or if its good stuff but looks great to me
TurboCobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 10:42 AM   #3
Registered Member

Regular

Region: California
Dont use it!! Its a terrible product. It sprays a layer of "crap", for the lack of a better term, on you tires. Its almost impossible to get off. If you choose not to take my advice be careful not to get it on your wheels....trust me this is not a good product.
Socal Stangman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-23-2014, 11:09 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
I've used several different types of tire shine and the key is to apply the right amount. If you apply too much then it will splatter all over the car when you drive. But if you apply it correctly it will be fine. It seems like people just go crazy with tire shine as far as putting too much on and wonder why it goes everywhere.

And you have to take the reviews with a grain of salt. It's been proven that people are more likely to write a review if there extremely displeased with a product opposed to satisfied with it. And generally only write a positive review if they are above and beyond impressed with it.
StarzTA17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 11:14 AM   #5
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarzTA17 View Post
I've used several different types of tire shine and the key is to apply the right amount. If you apply too much then it will splatter all over the car when you drive. But if you apply it correctly it will be fine. It seems like people just go crazy with tire shine as far as putting too much on and wonder why it goes everywhere.

And you have to take the reviews with a grain of salt. It's been proven that people are more likely to write a review if there extremely displeased with a product opposed to satisfied with it. And generally only write a positive review if they are above and beyond impressed with it.

Just out of curiosity have you used it? Im a detailing fanatic and Ive used a ton of tire products,but nothing like this. The stuff it sprays on is almost plastic looking.

OP, try this. Find an old tire and spray it on it and see if you like the results.

Normally I dont try to push my opinion,but I found this stuff so bad, to me its unusable.
Old 07-23-2014, 12:03 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
This is what I use:

Jax Wax Super Blue Dressing for Tires, Rubber Plastic & Vinyl Trim 16 Oz

It isn't petroleum based like most tire shines. Those can actually dry out the rubber. They will also open up the rubber pores when wet and allow dirt and other very small particles to get in, which will eventually help break down the tire...Jax Wax doesn't give a super shine, more like a satin finish. Also does not sling the product on your freshly washed and waxed car...

Steve
'14 Deep Impact Blue V-6 Coupe
MCA Package
V-6 Performance Package
Premium Package
SRE TUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 12:16 PM   #7
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRE TUS View Post
This is what I use:

Jax Wax Super Blue Dressing for Tires, Rubber Plastic & Vinyl Trim 16 Oz

It isn't petroleum based like most tire shines. Those can actually dry out the rubber. They will also open up the rubber pores when wet and allow dirt and other very small particles to get in, which will eventually help break down the tire...Jax Wax doesn't give a super shine, more like a satin finish. Also does not sling the product on your freshly washed and waxed car...

This is some good stuff. I have a local Jax Wax dealer and I really like their stuff. I just recently switched over to Chemical Guys products. They make some great stuff.
Old 07-23-2014, 12:20 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socal Stangman View Post
This is some good stuff. I have a local Jax Wax dealer and I really like their stuff. I just recently switched over to Chemical Guys products. They make some great stuff.
The guy that did my stripes also is a Jax Wax dealer. He is about 1 mile from me so its easy to get. He sold me on it when he showed me the various products and how easy they are to use. This Fall when it cools down here in the desert, I will be clay barring the Mustang. He did a section on the hood just to show me what it can do....Wow...

What really impressed me about the tire shine, was when he showed me his Harley tires. He has a Road King Classic with the wide white walls. He had it on a long road trip and had not detailed it yet. Took a cotton cloth and wiped away all of the grime from the tires and they looked perfectly clean.

Steve
MCA Package
V-6 Performance Package
Premium Package
Old 07-23-2014, 12:33 PM   #9
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
The guy that did my stripes also is a Jax Wax dealer. He is about 1 mile from me so its easy to get. He sold me on it when he showed me the various products and how easy they are to use. This Fall when it cools down here in the desert, I will be clay barring the Mustang. He did a section on the hood just to show me what it can do....Wow...

What really impressed me about the tire shine, was when he showed me his Harley tires. He has a Road King Classic with the wide white walls. He had it on a long road trip and had not detailed it yet. Took a cotton cloth and wiped away all of the grime from the tires and they looked perfectly clean.

Just out of curiosity where is your dealer??
Old 07-23-2014, 12:42 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

I found this on amazon for $30 plus shipping.

Jax Wax Commercial Grade Wheel and Tire Clean and Care Kit

Is this what you use?

sguevara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 12:45 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Just out of curiosity where is your dealer??
Tucson...

Steve
MCA Package
V-6 Performance Package
Premium Package
Old 07-23-2014, 12:48 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by sguevara View Post
I found this on amazon for $30 plus shipping.

Jax Wax Commercial Grade Wheel and Tire Clean and Care Kit

Is this what you use?

I just use the Super Blue Dressing and the tire Dressing applicator. But that looks like a good kit too. Already has the Super Blue and applicator in it.

Steve
MCA Package
V-6 Performance Package
Premium Package
Old 07-23-2014, 12:58 PM   #13
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Tucson...

Oh ok. I wasnt sure if we went to the smae place or not, but we dont.
Old 07-24-2014, 10:40 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
I just purchased a good amount of Turtle wax products.
Got the entire black car wash, clean, and wax kit. Made the car look beautiful. Highly recommend.
Got the crystal wax, it is OK. I feel like it looks the same as my Lucasoil speed slick, which is a spray and costs half as much.
I also purchased the turtle wax scratch remover, and that will (hopefully) not have to be used for awhile.
I bought everything at autozone, so prices were a little more expensive than would be online. All in all, everything came out to $45, which wasn't bad at all IMO, it was really the crystal wax that was overpriced.
Old 07-24-2014, 10:45 AM   #15
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue1993 View Post
I just purchased a good amount of Turtle wax products.
Got the entire black car wash, clean, and wax kit. Made the car look beautiful. Highly recommend.
Got the crystal wax, it is OK. I feel like it looks the same as my Lucasoil speed slick, which is a spray and costs half as much.
I also purchased the turtle wax scratch remover, and that will (hopefully) not have to be used for awhile.
I bought everything at autozone, so prices were a little more expensive than would be online. All in all, everything came out to $45, which wasn't bad at all IMO, it was really the crystal wax that was overpriced.
I know Turtle Wax is very popular because every one sells it and it has been around for ever. To be honest though TW stuff really is very low quality. I dont know where you live but try to find some place that specializes in car detailing products and give them a try. People seem to think that they are more expensive and in some cases they are,but once you use them you will never go back to anything Autozone sells...trust me.
Old 07-24-2014, 10:53 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I know Turtle Wax is very popular because every one sells it and it has been around for ever. To be honest though TW stuff really is very low quality. I dont know where you live but try to find some place that specializes in car detailing products and give them a try. People seem to think that they are more expensive and in some cases they are,but once you use them you will never go back to anything Autozone sells...trust me.
I only went there because my GF got a new black jeep the other day and I wanted to detail and wax it perfectly before we left for vacation tomorrow. Otherwise I would have probably ordered Chemical Bro.s online. I HATE autozone more than any place... the workers have no idea what they are talking about, it is usually cluttered and disgusting in there, and they almost triple price everything.
Old 07-24-2014, 11:20 AM   #17
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
I only went there because my GF got a new black jeep the other day and I wanted to detail and wax it perfectly before we left for vacation tomorrow. Otherwise I would have probably ordered Chemical Bro.s online. I HATE autozone more than any place... the workers have no idea what they are talking about, it is usually cluttered and disgusting in there, and they almost triple price everything.

I get it. Some times its easier to get whats available. Chemical Guys is really,really good stuff. Im lucky, they have a store about 40 minutes from my house so its easy to stock up. Not only do I use CG but this place as well. The owner is a good guy who stands behind his products. When you run out give this stuff a try. Its high quality and very easy to use.

Home Page
Old 07-24-2014, 11:23 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I get it. Some times its easier to get whats available. Chemical Guys is really,really good stuff. Im lucky, they have a store about 40 minutes from my house so its easy to stock up. Not only do I use CG but this place as well. The owner is a good guy who stands behind his products. When you run out give this stuff a try. Its high quality and very easy to use.

Home Page
I have yet to find the perfect wax for my Grabber blue to get it to shine deeply
Old 07-24-2014, 12:16 PM   #19
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
I have yet to find the perfect wax for my Grabber blue to get it to shine deeply

Try Black light and Petes 53 Wax from CG. Make sure you polish first and then wax. I would claybar first though.
Old 07-24-2014, 01:02 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Try Black light and Petes 53 Wax from CG. Make sure you polish first and then wax. I would claybar first though.

I'll try that! I'm going to clay bar next weekend after I run it on the track. Getting my hood repainted by Ford next week, not gonna clay bar polish and wax for hours just for them to get it dirty, those mo F'ers....

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang