My biggest problem with my mustang - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-25-2014, 10:13 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
My biggest problem with my mustang

In a week or so it will be 3 months since I purchased my mustang v6. Over this period if time, I noticed that my mustang, unlike my old car, doesn't have any design or mechanical flaws that showed bad engineering. I am really happy with my purchase but I notice that every time I drive a bit fast in my car, my seatbelt tightens up to the point where I can't move. I can't stand it! It almost makes me want to forget about the belt all together.

Does anyone have this problem?

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

Mods: Airaid CAI w/ Synthamax filter, 18" black AMR wheels
blackstang1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-25-2014, 10:23 AM   #2
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackstang1 View Post
In a week or so it will be 3 months since I purchased my mustang v6. Over this period if time, I noticed that my mustang, unlike my old car, doesn't have any design or mechanical flaws that showed bad engineering. I am really happy with my purchase but I notice that every time I drive a bit fast in my car, my seatbelt tightens up to the point where I can't move. I can't stand it! It almost makes me want to forget about the belt all together.

Does anyone have this problem?

I think your Mustang is just hugging you cause it's so happy you purchased it.
Borla S-Type AB, Airaid CAI, SR Performance STB, JLT Oil Separator, MPT Tuned, MMD Classic Louvers, Roush Upper & Lower Grilles, BFGoodrich G-Force Sport Comp-2 A/S Tires, Koni STR.T Shocks & Struts, SR Performance Lowering Springs, J&M Stainless Steel Teflon Brake Lines, BMR LCAs w/Brackets, BMR Panhard Rod Support, Whiteline Adj. Panhard Bar, Ford Racing Differential Finned Cover Plate, Philips X-tremeVision LED Fog Lamps, JMS PedalMax
MustangDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 10:26 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangDawg View Post
I think your Mustang is just hugging you cause it's so happy you purchased it

Haha. Love it!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-25-2014, 10:31 AM   #4
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackstang1 View Post
Haha. Love it!

I've noticed mine does this as well, buy I don't mind. Kind of like the secure feeling when I step on it.
Borla S-Type AB, Airaid CAI, SR Performance STB, JLT Oil Separator, MPT Tuned, MMD Classic Louvers, Roush Upper & Lower Grilles, BFGoodrich G-Force Sport Comp-2 A/S Tires, Koni STR.T Shocks & Struts, SR Performance Lowering Springs, J&M Stainless Steel Teflon Brake Lines, BMR LCAs w/Brackets, BMR Panhard Rod Support, Whiteline Adj. Panhard Bar, Ford Racing Differential Finned Cover Plate, Philips X-tremeVision LED Fog Lamps, JMS PedalMax
MustangDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 10:56 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
ive noticed i drive my V8 Mustang allot different than I do my grocery getter....listen to different music to... lol
Old 07-25-2014, 11:06 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPonyIHave View Post
ive noticed i drive my V8 Mustang allot different than I do my grocery getter....listen to different music to... lol
I agree, whenever I'm not listening to my exhaust, and the V8 rumble, I have Rock, or metal on.
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 11:52 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
It's a safety feature

llJAEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 12:11 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangz View Post
I agree, whenever I'm not listening to my exhaust, and the V8 rumble, I have Rock, or metal on.
I don't have the V8 rumble though

---------- Post added at 12:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:11 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by llJAEll View Post
It's a safety feature

I know it is, it just seems like it steps in way more often than my old car. Just wanted to make sure it was normal though.
Old 07-25-2014, 01:11 PM   #9
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: Florida
Every thing is fine

It is because your chest swells up when driving your Mustang. It happens to a lot of us.
Ronnie
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 01:14 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie948 View Post
It is because your chest swells up when driving your Mustang. It happens to a lot of us.
Ronnie
Haha funny
white14v6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 01:33 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Ronnie

Bingo!

Old 07-25-2014, 03:29 PM   #12
Staff

Regular
Staff

Region: Connecticut
Quote:
Ronnie
I guess I'm gonna let my Love start driving my car....
Old 07-25-2014, 04:07 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange Mud View Post
I guess I'm gonna let my Love start driving my car....
LOL... good one.
Sakib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 04:12 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Basically every car I've owned that were made in the past 15 years does this. If you suddenly jerk the belt it locks to keep you in your seat. Similar to the jerk that would occur if you got into a wreck.

StarzTA17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 04:19 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarzTA17 View Post
Basically every car I've owned that were made in the past 15 years does this. If you suddenly jerk the belt it locks to keep you in your seat. Similar to the jerk that would occur if you got into a wreck.

That's when you suddenly jerk forward into the belt, which makes sense, a seat belt would be pointless if it didn't do that. The OP is saying it tightens when accelerating, during which time you should be getting pushed back into your seat.
Sakib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 04:41 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
I've noticed that the mustangs belts are particularly apt to locking. ESPECIALLY when I am trying to turn around to look behind me while reversing. My god, I must look like I'm convulsing. I usually have to sit back in the seat three or so good times and then ever so gently lift out of the seat to turn around. Hahaha

At any rate, I plan on doing a big write up on September 13th. It'll be exactly a year with the car on that date, so I think I'll post up my thoughts then.
2014 V6 Base Coupe, Sterling Gray Metallic///3.31 Gears///FP6 Appearance Package///Tech. Package///Reverse Sensing and Security Package///Mods: Boss 302 grille, MMD Ducktail Spoiler, Weathertech Floor Mats, Bassani Axle-Back Exhaust
SixBanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 04:49 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by SixBanger View Post
I've noticed that the mustangs belts are particularly apt to locking. ESPECIALLY when I am trying to turn around to look behind me while reversing. My god, I must look like I'm convulsing. I usually have to sit back in the seat three or so good times and then ever so gently lift out of the seat to turn around. Hahaha

At any rate, I plan on doing a big write up on September 13th. It'll be exactly a year with the car on that date, so I think I'll post up my thoughts then.
Nice, that's a good idea. I'm also approaching 1 year with the car. Less than a month.
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 05:35 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangz View Post
Nice, that's a good idea. I'm also approaching 1 year with the car. Less than a month.

Oh sweet! I just thought I'd do a "year in review" type deal. Lol
2014 V6 Base Coupe, Sterling Gray Metallic///3.31 Gears///FP6 Appearance Package///Tech. Package///Reverse Sensing and Security Package///Mods: Boss 302 grille, MMD Ducktail Spoiler, Weathertech Floor Mats, Bassani Axle-Back Exhaust
SixBanger is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang