My biggest problem with my mustang - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-25-2014, 10:13 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
blackstang1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Northern Illinois
Region: Illinois
Posts: 229
My biggest problem with my mustang

In a week or so it will be 3 months since I purchased my mustang v6. Over this period if time, I noticed that my mustang, unlike my old car, doesn't have any design or mechanical flaws that showed bad engineering. I am really happy with my purchase but I notice that every time I drive a bit fast in my car, my seatbelt tightens up to the point where I can't move. I can't stand it! It almost makes me want to forget about the belt all together.

Does anyone have this problem?


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
__________________
2014 Mustang V6 w/Technology package, 6MT

Mods: Airaid CAI w/ Synthamax filter, 18" black AMR wheels
blackstang1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 07-25-2014, 10:23 AM   #2
Evolution's Finest
Supporter
 
MustangDawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Lake Forest
Region: California
Posts: 726
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackstang1 View Post
In a week or so it will be 3 months since I purchased my mustang v6. Over this period if time, I noticed that my mustang, unlike my old car, doesn't have any design or mechanical flaws that showed bad engineering. I am really happy with my purchase but I notice that every time I drive a bit fast in my car, my seatbelt tightens up to the point where I can't move. I can't stand it! It almost makes me want to forget about the belt all together.

Does anyone have this problem?


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
I think your Mustang is just hugging you cause it's so happy you purchased it.
__________________
2013 V6 Auto Premium | Sterling Gray | Pony/Comfort/Security Packages
Borla S-Type AB, Airaid CAI, SR Performance STB, JLT Oil Separator, MPT Tuned, MMD Classic Louvers, Roush Upper & Lower Grilles, BFGoodrich G-Force Sport Comp-2 A/S Tires, Koni STR.T Shocks & Struts, SR Performance Lowering Springs, J&M Stainless Steel Teflon Brake Lines, BMR LCAs w/Brackets, BMR Panhard Rod Support, Whiteline Adj. Panhard Bar, Ford Racing Differential Finned Cover Plate, Philips X-tremeVision LED Fog Lamps, JMS PedalMax
MustangDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 10:26 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
blackstang1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Northern Illinois
Region: Illinois
Posts: 229
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangDawg View Post
I think your Mustang is just hugging you cause it's so happy you purchased it

Haha. Love it!


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
__________________
2014 Mustang V6 w/Technology package, 6MT

Mods: Airaid CAI w/ Synthamax filter, 18" black AMR wheels
blackstang1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 07-25-2014, 10:31 AM   #4
Evolution's Finest
Supporter
 
MustangDawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Lake Forest
Region: California
Posts: 726
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackstang1 View Post
Haha. Love it!


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
I've noticed mine does this as well, buy I don't mind. Kind of like the secure feeling when I step on it.
__________________
2013 V6 Auto Premium | Sterling Gray | Pony/Comfort/Security Packages
Borla S-Type AB, Airaid CAI, SR Performance STB, JLT Oil Separator, MPT Tuned, MMD Classic Louvers, Roush Upper & Lower Grilles, BFGoodrich G-Force Sport Comp-2 A/S Tires, Koni STR.T Shocks & Struts, SR Performance Lowering Springs, J&M Stainless Steel Teflon Brake Lines, BMR LCAs w/Brackets, BMR Panhard Rod Support, Whiteline Adj. Panhard Bar, Ford Racing Differential Finned Cover Plate, Philips X-tremeVision LED Fog Lamps, JMS PedalMax
MustangDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 10:56 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
BlackPonyIHave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Mount Vernon
Region: Ohio
Posts: 125
ive noticed i drive my V8 Mustang allot different than I do my grocery getter....listen to different music to... lol
__________________
4.6 engine,Ford Racing torque bar, diablo performance 93 octane tune, cold air intake with a K&N filter, SLP exhaust from axle back, 3.73 ford racing gears
BlackPonyIHave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 11:06 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
mustangz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Virginia
Region: Virginia
Posts: 4,575
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPonyIHave View Post
ive noticed i drive my V8 Mustang allot different than I do my grocery getter....listen to different music to... lol
I agree, whenever I'm not listening to my exhaust, and the V8 rumble, I have Rock, or metal on.
__________________
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 11:52 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
llJAEll's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Baton Rouge
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 35
It's a safety feature


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
llJAEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 12:11 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
blackstang1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Northern Illinois
Region: Illinois
Posts: 229
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangz View Post
I agree, whenever I'm not listening to my exhaust, and the V8 rumble, I have Rock, or metal on.
I don't have the V8 rumble though

---------- Post added at 12:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:11 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by llJAEll View Post
It's a safety feature


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
I know it is, it just seems like it steps in way more often than my old car. Just wanted to make sure it was normal though.
blackstang1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 01:11 PM   #9
Evolution's Finest
Supporter
 
ronnie948's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Daytona Beach
Region: Florida
Posts: 3,960
Every thing is fine

It is because your chest swells up when driving your Mustang. It happens to a lot of us.
Ronnie
__________________
2012-candy red- V-6 MCA, Automatic Trans. CFM Valve cover breather. MMD blackTail light trim.Magnaflow axle back street mufflers, JLT oil catch can.MMD hood struts.
Airaid Cold Air intake. red caliper covers, 3.7L performance engine cover, Flat black hood spears.Boss 302 strut brace, CDC rear panel, Trunk Cargo net,--Dash carpet cover,
Viser stickers to cover ugly yellow warning crap,Aluminum driveshafft and Swarr Bar.
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 01:14 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
white14v6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Guys
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 163
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie948 View Post
It is because your chest swells up when driving your Mustang. It happens to a lot of us.
Ronnie
Haha funny
white14v6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 01:33 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
blackstang1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Northern Illinois
Region: Illinois
Posts: 229
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie948 View Post
It is because your chest swells up when driving your Mustang. It happens to a lot of us.

Ronnie

Bingo!


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
__________________
2014 Mustang V6 w/Technology package, 6MT

Mods: Airaid CAI w/ Synthamax filter, 18" black AMR wheels
blackstang1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 03:29 PM   #12
Staff

Regular
Staff
 
Strange Mud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Small Town
Region: Connecticut
Posts: 5,022
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie948 View Post
It is because your chest swells up when driving your Mustang. It happens to a lot of us.
Ronnie
I guess I'm gonna let my Love start driving my car....
__________________
2012 V6 with suspension, shifting, stopping and sound mods.
Strange Mud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 04:07 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
Sakib's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Bryan
Region: Texas
Posts: 813
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange Mud View Post
I guess I'm gonna let my Love start driving my car....
LOL... good one.
Sakib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 04:12 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Charlotte, NC
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 1,045
Basically every car I've owned that were made in the past 15 years does this. If you suddenly jerk the belt it locks to keep you in your seat. Similar to the jerk that would occur if you got into a wreck.


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
StarzTA17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 04:19 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular
 
Sakib's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Bryan
Region: Texas
Posts: 813
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarzTA17 View Post
Basically every car I've owned that were made in the past 15 years does this. If you suddenly jerk the belt it locks to keep you in your seat. Similar to the jerk that would occur if you got into a wreck.


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
That's when you suddenly jerk forward into the belt, which makes sense, a seat belt would be pointless if it didn't do that. The OP is saying it tightens when accelerating, during which time you should be getting pushed back into your seat.
Sakib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 04:41 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular
 
SixBanger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Mount Rainier, MD
Region: Maryland
Posts: 968
I've noticed that the mustangs belts are particularly apt to locking. ESPECIALLY when I am trying to turn around to look behind me while reversing. My god, I must look like I'm convulsing. I usually have to sit back in the seat three or so good times and then ever so gently lift out of the seat to turn around. Hahaha

At any rate, I plan on doing a big write up on September 13th. It'll be exactly a year with the car on that date, so I think I'll post up my thoughts then.
__________________
2014 V6 Base Coupe, Sterling Gray Metallic///3.31 Gears///FP6 Appearance Package///Tech. Package///Reverse Sensing and Security Package///Mods: Boss 302 grille, MMD Ducktail Spoiler, Weathertech Floor Mats, Bassani Axle-Back Exhaust
SixBanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 04:49 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular
 
mustangz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Virginia
Region: Virginia
Posts: 4,575
Quote:
Originally Posted by SixBanger View Post
I've noticed that the mustangs belts are particularly apt to locking. ESPECIALLY when I am trying to turn around to look behind me while reversing. My god, I must look like I'm convulsing. I usually have to sit back in the seat three or so good times and then ever so gently lift out of the seat to turn around. Hahaha

At any rate, I plan on doing a big write up on September 13th. It'll be exactly a year with the car on that date, so I think I'll post up my thoughts then.
Nice, that's a good idea. I'm also approaching 1 year with the car. Less than a month.
__________________
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 05:35 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular
 
SixBanger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Mount Rainier, MD
Region: Maryland
Posts: 968
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangz View Post
Nice, that's a good idea. I'm also approaching 1 year with the car. Less than a month.

Oh sweet! I just thought I'd do a "year in review" type deal. Lol
__________________
2014 V6 Base Coupe, Sterling Gray Metallic///3.31 Gears///FP6 Appearance Package///Tech. Package///Reverse Sensing and Security Package///Mods: Boss 302 grille, MMD Ducktail Spoiler, Weathertech Floor Mats, Bassani Axle-Back Exhaust
SixBanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Whats the biggest turbo i can put on my 07 v6 mustang? agni General Mustang Discussion 2 03-02-2010 02:29 PM
What's the biggest/most power full engine i can put on a 1964 1/2 mustang convertible? yitzchak8 Classic Mustangs 7 08-26-2009 09:53 AM
Whats the biggest engine i can put in a 1973 ford mustang? yitzchak8 Classic Mustangs 7 08-24-2009 01:06 PM
Biggest bang for buck mod DropTop_Stang Pre-2005 V6 Mustang 37 01-13-2004 10:44 PM

» Like Us On Facebook



02:19 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.