Musty smell from vents - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-27-2014, 07:47 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Musty smell from vents

Hey everyone It's been raining here a lot lately and if I turn the air on ac or not it smells really musty like a wet dog. Anyway I can get rid of that smell quickly?
Dubau2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-27-2014, 07:53 PM   #2
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubau2 View Post
Hey everyone It's been raining here a lot lately and if I turn the air on ac or not it smells really musty like a wet dog. Anyway I can get rid of that smell quickly?
Change out your cabin filter for a start. It should be replaced once a year. Really easy to do. There's several how-to's on YouTube
Borla S-Type AB, Airaid CAI, SR Performance STB, JLT Oil Separator, MPT Tuned, MMD Classic Louvers, Roush Upper & Lower Grilles, BFGoodrich G-Force Sport Comp-2 A/S Tires, Koni STR.T Shocks & Struts, SR Performance Lowering Springs, J&M Stainless Steel Teflon Brake Lines, BMR LCAs w/Brackets, BMR Panhard Rod Support, Whiteline Adj. Panhard Bar, Ford Racing Differential Finned Cover Plate, Philips X-tremeVision LED Fog Lamps, JMS PedalMax
MustangDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 08:24 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Alrighty I'll look on YouTube for it and change it out. I knew my vw had one but didn't know the mustang had one
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-27-2014, 09:28 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubau2 View Post
Alrighty I'll look on YouTube for it and change it out. I knew my vw had one but didn't know the mustang had one
Yup, under the hood right behind the battery. You have to lift two of the plastic push pins to reach in. It's pretty tight to get the tray that holds the filter in, but once you pull it off enough to get in, it's not too bad.

Just remember once you put the push pins back in, push the plastic down firmly across that whole section. Otherwise it will wobble and tap loudly in the wind.
2011 V6 Race Red - Airaid CAI , BBK 73mm Throttle Body, 3.73 FRPP Gears, BBK Longtube Headers , BBK Off Road X-Pipe , Borla ATAKs , SR Performance Strut Tower Brace, MPT 91R Tune, Powerstop Rotors and pads, JLT Oil Seperator, Koni STR.T Struts & Shocks, Eibach Pro Line Springs, BMR Adjustable Panhard Bar, J&M Caster Camber Plates, Mickey Thompson Street Comps on 19" Laguna Seca Hyper Black Wheels, Several other aesthetic mods
JoeyM91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 10:16 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Haha alright I'll make sure to do that. Any antimicrobial spray to make it smell better get rid of any gunk in there?
Old 07-28-2014, 12:18 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Maybe it's u lol

Sent from my HTC One using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Old 07-28-2014, 12:33 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
That's funny

Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution
Adriangozal is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang