I just test drove a 2014 GT and guess what ???? - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-29-2014, 10:50 AM   #36
Registered User
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Rockwall
Region: Texas
Posts: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post
You can get a base 5.0 for under 28k off the lot.
The whole premium vs regular gas dilemma is nothing more than smoke. Your talking a extra $5-$10 max a fill up.

I'm not knocking v6, it's a bad *** car. The first performance v6 ever in the mustang IMO.
Can give the 3v alot of but hurt.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
I have seen base 5.0 for around 25-26, but 3.7 base are also 17-18.

As of now i fill up every 4 days, at 5 bucks a fill up, thats still an extra 440 per year, although moot if 5.0 runs perfectly fine on 87 (I doubt most run theirs on 87), also not including the difference in gas mileage between the two

insurance difference for me was only about 12 bucks, so 144 per year.

monetary reason is perfectly valid to choose a v6 over v8, not an excuse.
Cades is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 07-29-2014, 11:10 AM   #37
Admin

Supporter
Admin
 
bucko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Lake Mary
Region: Florida
Posts: 5,822
This thread by Ronnie has brought to light some good opinions. Some of us buy the V6, keep it, and move to the GT. Others buy one, and decide it's what they want, due to price, finances, performance, or other reasons.

All are justifiable, and all should be accepted by Mustang owners. I for one like my V6, but now crave a bit more in the way of performance oppertunities. I would like to own a Boss, but that may be out of my reach. A nice used GT is more likely, so that will be my target.

Nothing wrong with any model Mustang; we should be proud of what we own and drive to keep the hobby alive.
__________________
It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.
bucko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 11:33 AM   #38
Registered Member
Regular
 
somedopebeats's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Toronto, canada
Region: Canada
Posts: 699
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucko View Post
This thread by Ronnie has brought to light some good opinions. Some of us buy the V6, keep it, and move to the GT. Others buy one, and decide it's what they want, due to price, finances, performance, or other reasons.

All are justifiable, and all should be accepted by Mustang owners. I for one like my V6, but now crave a bit more in the way of performance oppertunities. I would like to own a Boss, but that may be out of my reach. A nice used GT is more likely, so that will be my target.

Nothing wrong with any model Mustang; we should be proud of what we own and drive to keep the hobby alive.

Make a boss 227 bucko!

Dunno if you have instragram, check out this guys suspension build if you do, its incredible. @protournsmurf
somedopebeats is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 07-29-2014, 01:59 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular
 
mikeygaga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Long Island
Region: New York
Posts: 556
I paid 21k for my brand new 14' out the door. I have my tune set to 93 so using premium gas with the gt makes no difference to me. Also, out of curiosity, I called my insurance provider a few weeks ago to find out how much it would cost me to trade up to a 5.0 and they said my insurance would go up a whopping 12 dollars a month lol. I nearly kicked myself for not getting the gt. I do see myself making the trade up sometime in the near future.
__________________
2016 GT- Lund tune, jlt intake, mbrp catback.
2014 3.7 - SOLD
mikeygaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 03:04 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular
 
blackstang1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Northern Illinois
Region: Illinois
Posts: 229
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post
This whole thing with not being able to afford a gt is Ludacris.
I honestly believe it's a excuse.
Now getting the v6 over the gt is personal preference and a complete different case over " can't afford it"

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app

Completely disagree with this. If I could afford the gas, insurance, and up front pricing on a GT, there is no way in hell that I would have gotten my V6.


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
__________________
2014 Mustang V6 w/Technology package, 6MT

Mods: Airaid CAI w/ Synthamax filter, 18" black AMR wheels
blackstang1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 03:24 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackstang1 View Post
Completely disagree with this. If I could afford the gas, insurance, and up front pricing on a GT, there is no way in hell that I would have gotten my V6.


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Being 37 years old at the time of my mustang purchase and financially secure I could of easily afforded the gas, insurance and GT price tag but there was no way in hell I was buying the Gt. That's why I got my 3.7 and freaking love it. I love the 5.0 but not love the 7.5k more price tag.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 03:32 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular
 
blackstang1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Northern Illinois
Region: Illinois
Posts: 229
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
Being 37 years old at the time of my mustang purchase and financially secure I could of easily afforded the gas, insurance and GT price tag but there was no way in hell I was buying the Gt. That's why I got my 3.7 and freaking love it. I love the 5.0 but not love the 7.5k more price tag.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

Maybe it's just me, but if I were in your situation, I would definitely spring for the 5.0. Also, you have it lucky being 37 and insuring a sports car. At my age, insuring a 5.0 would be madness.


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
__________________
2014 Mustang V6 w/Technology package, 6MT

Mods: Airaid CAI w/ Synthamax filter, 18" black AMR wheels
blackstang1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 03:45 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular
 
Rapinator126's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 9,258
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackstang1 View Post
Completely disagree with this. If I could afford the gas, insurance, and up front pricing on a GT, there is no way in hell that I would have gotten my V6.


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
How old are you? Back when I was 18 my payment on my 03 cobra was $414 and insurance was high $300's with 6 tickets.

Now I'm 25 and pay $130 a month for my 5.o and my wife's explorer

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 03:55 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular
 
GrabberBlue1993's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Malverne
Region: New York
Posts: 2,275
I was at my dealer today and was looking at the 5.0 while I was waiting for a rental to arrive for me. The salesman didn't even offer for me to test drive it, just gave me a dirty look as I was opening the doors of it. I cannot wait to bring my car to a different Ford service center after this warranty work is finished. I'll gladly drive the extra 20 minutes to not have to go to the one I'm currently at. I bet if I asked to test drive it they would say no. All because I'm in my low 20's.


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
__________________
"At least it isn't a Honda"
GrabberBlue1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 03:58 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular
 
blackstang1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Northern Illinois
Region: Illinois
Posts: 229
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post
How old are you? Back when I was 18 my payment on my 03 cobra was $414 and insurance was high $300's with 6 tickets.

Now I'm 25 and pay $130 a month for my 5.o and my wife's explorer

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app

19. Also, your 03 cobra was used. Used cars are MUCH cheaper to insure than brand new ones. As of now I am still on my parents insurance because it is cheaper than if I got a separate account and when I was looking at getting a 5.0 (only about 4k more than my v6), the insurance was DOUBLE that of the 3.7. Not trying to argue but if I could have afforded the 5.0, I definitely would have.


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
__________________
2014 Mustang V6 w/Technology package, 6MT

Mods: Airaid CAI w/ Synthamax filter, 18" black AMR wheels
blackstang1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 04:13 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post
This whole thing with not being able to afford a gt is Ludacris.
I honestly believe it's a excuse.
Now getting the v6 over the gt is personal preference and a complete different case over " can't afford it"

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app

Probably one of the most retarded posts I've ever seen on this forum but to each his own.


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Dhawk1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 04:17 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular
 
Rapinator126's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 9,258
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhawk1313 View Post
Probably one of the most retarded posts I've ever seen on this forum but to each his own.


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
How is that? But hurt much?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 04:18 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post
How is that? But hurt much?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app

It's Butt**. If you're going to attempt to insult someone, I ask you at least try to do it right.


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Dhawk1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 04:18 PM   #49
Registered Member
Regular
 
Rapinator126's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 9,258
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackstang1 View Post
19. Also, your 03 cobra was used. Used cars are MUCH cheaper to insure than brand new ones. As of now I am still on my parents insurance because it is cheaper than if I got a separate account and when I was looking at getting a 5.0 (only about 4k more than my v6), the insurance was DOUBLE that of the 3.7. Not trying to argue but if I could have afforded the 5.0, I definitely would have.


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
I had 6 tickets and my insurance was only in the $300's at 18 in a supercharged convertible a red one at that. Jobs are out there, everyone chooses there own path

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 04:19 PM   #50
Registered Member
Regular
 
Rapinator126's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 9,258
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhawk1313 View Post
It's Butt**. If you're going to attempt to insult someone, I ask you at least try to do it right.


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Ahhhhh my phone did it on its own.

It's ok little boy

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 04:23 PM   #51
Registered Member
Regular
 
Rapinator126's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 9,258
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue1993 View Post
I was at my dealer today and was looking at the 5.0 while I was waiting for a rental to arrive for me. The salesman didn't even offer for me to test drive it, just gave me a dirty look as I was opening the doors of it. I cannot wait to bring my car to a different Ford service center after this warranty work is finished. I'll gladly drive the extra 20 minutes to not have to go to the one I'm currently at. I bet if I asked to test drive it they would say no. All because I'm in my low 20's.


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
You should have pretended you were going to buy it,
Then they would have let you test drive it.
Then walk out on his rude *** when he wanted you to go inside.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 04:30 PM   #52
Registered Member
Regular
 
GrabberBlue1993's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Malverne
Region: New York
Posts: 2,275
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post
You should have pretended you were going to buy it,
Then they would have let you test drive it.
Then walk out on his rude *** when he wanted you to go inside.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app

I may do exactly that when I pick my car up on Friday. I have the $ to buy a GT, but my first car I ever purchased was my v6. I went from a 1999 200k miles beat up crown Victoria to that, and I fell in love with my v6 when I test drove it. I was lucky enough to have parents who paid the down payment on it and I make the monthly payments. Looking back on it now 2 and a half years later, I probably should have gone with the GT, but my financial situation was not what it is now. Trading mine in for a GT at 26k and only having to pay off 14k or so (guessing I would get 10-13k trade in on my 2012 v6 appearance and performance package, only 28k miles no accidents) is very tempting....


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
__________________
"At least it isn't a Honda"
GrabberBlue1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 04:40 PM   #53
Registered Member
Regular
 
Rapinator126's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 9,258
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue1993 View Post
I may do exactly that when I pick my car up on Friday. I have the $ to buy a GT, but my first car I ever purchased was my v6. I went from a 1999 200k miles beat up crown Victoria to that, and I fell in love with my v6 when I test drove it. I was lucky enough to have parents who paid the down payment on it and I make the monthly payments. Looking back on it now 2 and a half years later, I probably should have gone with the GT, but my financial situation was not what it is now. Trading mine in for a GT at 26k and only having to pay off 14k or so (guessing I would get 10-13k trade in on my 2012 v6 appearance and performance package, only 28k miles no accidents) is very tempting....


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Go for it bud.
If it makes you happy why not?
The v6 is no slouch though. With a few mods it hurts alot of the modded 3v feelings.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 04:47 PM   #54
Registered Member
Regular
 
GrabberBlue1993's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Malverne
Region: New York
Posts: 2,275
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post
Go for it bud.
If it makes you happy why not?
The v6 is no slouch though. With a few mods it hurts alot of the modded 3v feelings.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app

In the past 5 months I've put in performance wise: airaid CAI, currently running a 93P MPT tune, a FR x-pipe, and those have all totally transformed the car. I'm hoping to have shorty headers on by the end of August. That will be it for me performance wise unless I can get a BBK throttle body cheap ... I'm not sure if there are any real performance gains from them to make them worth the $400 sticker price?


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
__________________
"At least it isn't a Honda"
GrabberBlue1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 04:55 PM   #55
Registered Member
Regular
 
Rapinator126's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 9,258
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue1993 View Post
In the past 5 months I've put in performance wise: airaid CAI, currently running a 93P MPT tune, a FR x-pipe, and those have all totally transformed the car. I'm hoping to have shorty headers on by the end of August. That will be it for me performance wise unless I can get a BBK throttle body cheap ... I'm not sure if there are any real performance gains from them to make them worth the $400 sticker price?


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Spend the money elsewhere vs the throttle body.
I would do suspension first. Lca's relocation brackets , UCA put that $400 towards that.

Then what ever $ you can set aside a month, save up for a, supercharger, turbo, or a bad *** nitrous kit.


Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 04:56 PM   #56
Registered Member
Regular
 
Rapinator126's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 9,258
* Lca's, relocation brackets, UCA.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 04:58 PM   #57
Registered Member
Regular
 
Rapinator126's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 9,258
What is making you go with shorty headers vs longtubes?

Emissions? Or just personal?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 04:59 PM   #58
Registered Member
Regular
 
GrabberBlue1993's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Malverne
Region: New York
Posts: 2,275
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post
Spend the money elsewhere vs the throttle body.
I would do suspension first. Lca's relocation brackets , UCA put that $400 towards that.

Then what ever $ you can set aside a month, save up for a, supercharger, turbo, or a bad *** nitrous kit.


Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app

Are lowering springs worth it for suspension or are they mostly just for looks?
Once I get more comfortable with my car and a little more experienced mechanically I'm going to go with a turbo or supercharger. Hopefully within 2 years from now. I just like doing everything myself instead of getting things installed if I can... Great sense of accomplishment and that way I'm not one of those guys who can't explain how one of his mods works or can't do a CAI or AB exhaust install


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
__________________
"At least it isn't a Honda"
GrabberBlue1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 05:00 PM   #59
Registered Member
Regular
 
blackstang1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Northern Illinois
Region: Illinois
Posts: 229
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhawk1313 View Post
Probably one of the most retarded posts I've ever seen on this forum but to each his own.


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Bingo!
__________________
2014 Mustang V6 w/Technology package, 6MT

Mods: Airaid CAI w/ Synthamax filter, 18" black AMR wheels
blackstang1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 05:02 PM   #60
Registered Member
Regular
 
GrabberBlue1993's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Malverne
Region: New York
Posts: 2,275
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post
What is making you go with shorty headers vs longtubes?

Emissions? Or just personal?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app

Emissions in NY state mainly. I was also under the impression that LT's are a much harder install, they don't sound as good as shortys, and they give top end power versus the shortys providing low end power where the v6 really lacks. Not sure if all that is right or not, just what I've read on here


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
__________________
"At least it isn't a Honda"
GrabberBlue1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 05:02 PM   #61
Registered Member
Regular
 
Rapinator126's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 9,258
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue1993 View Post
Are lowering springs worth it for suspension or are they mostly just for looks?
Once I get more comfortable with my car and a little more experienced mechanically I'm going to go with a turbo or supercharger. Hopefully within 2 years from now. I just like doing everything myself instead of getting things installed if I can... Great sense of accomplishment and that way I'm not one of those guys who can't explain how one of his mods works or can't do a CAI or AB exhaust install


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Springs and shocks/ struts, are also excellent upgrades. Depending on your goals with the car will determine which route to take.


Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 05:04 PM   #62
Registered Member
Regular
 
Rapinator126's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 9,258
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackstang1 View Post
Bingo!
A bunch of babies in here. It's ok guys

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 05:04 PM   #63
Registered Member
Regular
 
blackstang1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Northern Illinois
Region: Illinois
Posts: 229
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post
I had 6 tickets and my insurance was only in the $300's at 18 in a supercharged convertible a red one at that. Jobs are out there, everyone chooses there own path

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
As i stated, used cars are cheaper to insure. My friend has a Mercedes S-class that's only 5 years old (don't ask) and is 2/3 of what it costs to insure my new 2014 V6 base model. Even though his has 500+ hp and costs more than some houses, its still a lot less to insure than mine.
__________________
2014 Mustang V6 w/Technology package, 6MT

Mods: Airaid CAI w/ Synthamax filter, 18" black AMR wheels
blackstang1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 05:06 PM   #64
Registered Member
Regular
 
blackstang1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Northern Illinois
Region: Illinois
Posts: 229
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post
A bunch of babies in here. It's ok guys

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Please elaborate!
__________________
2014 Mustang V6 w/Technology package, 6MT

Mods: Airaid CAI w/ Synthamax filter, 18" black AMR wheels
blackstang1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 05:09 PM   #65
Registered Member
Regular
 
Rapinator126's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 9,258
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackstang1 View Post
As i stated, used cars are cheaper to insure. My friend has a Mercedes S-class that's only 5 years old (don't ask) and is 2/3 of what it costs to insure my new 2014 V6 base model. Even though his has 500+ hp and costs more than some houses, its still a lot less to insure than mine.
Well insurance on a brand new gt at that time was alot cheaper then the 03 cobra was.

Insurance does not necessarily go off the car being new/ used
More along how much the car is worth/ risk the insurance company thinks it will be.

As my 03 cobra insurance was about $100 more than a brand new gt at that time.

I got what I wanted I didn't let price dictate something I did not want.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 05:10 PM   #66
Registered Member
Regular
 
Rapinator126's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 9,258
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackstang1 View Post
Please elaborate!
Think your doing a good job of that on your own

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 05:12 PM   #67
Registered Member
Regular
 
Rapinator126's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 9,258
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue1993 View Post
Emissions in NY state mainly. I was also under the impression that LT's are a much harder install, they don't sound as good as shortys, and they give top end power versus the shortys providing low end power where the v6 really lacks. Not sure if all that is right or not, just what I've read on here


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Yes you are correct.

Do they just do a visual check?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 05:12 PM   #68
Registered Member
Regular
 
blackstang1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Northern Illinois
Region: Illinois
Posts: 229
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post
Well insurance on a brand new gt at that time was alot cheaper then the 03 cobra was.

Insurance does not necessarily go off the car being new/ used
More along how much the car is worth/ risk the insurance company thinks it will be.

As my 03 cobra insurance was about $100 more than a brand new gt at that time.

I got what I wanted I didn't let price dictate something I did not want.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
In MOST (not all) cases the newer of two cars being insured is going to be more expensive. My Dad has been a AmFam exec for ~20 years, my family knows insurance.
__________________
2014 Mustang V6 w/Technology package, 6MT

Mods: Airaid CAI w/ Synthamax filter, 18" black AMR wheels
blackstang1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 05:17 PM   #69
Registered Member
Regular
 
GrabberBlue1993's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Malverne
Region: New York
Posts: 2,275
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post
Yes you are correct.

Do they just do a visual check?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app

Pretty sure they just do a visual and make sure your check engine light isn't on and that you don't throw codes


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
__________________
"At least it isn't a Honda"
GrabberBlue1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 05:21 PM   #70
Registered Member
Regular
 
Rapinator126's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 9,258
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue1993 View Post
Pretty sure they just do a visual and make sure your check engine light isn't on and that you don't throw codes


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Go with some high flow cats and clean them out. That way in the person eyes doing the check, you still have cats.
Then you can go longtubes and gut the midpipe.
Longtubes will be alot more beneficial if you plan on supercharging later on.

Is your car a auto? If so swap the 2.73's and go to 3.31's and a stall
Or if it's a manual go with 3.73's to make up for the tq

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Test drove roush stg 1 2014 MyMustangIsBlk 2011-2014 Mustang GT 13 04-04-2014 04:14 PM
Test drove a C6 today: MarkuzLS1 The Bar 32 01-26-2005 08:15 PM
Test Drove a 05 Tonight *Pics..DIAL-UP BEWARE* drummerstang98 Pictures and Videos 14 10-30-2004 02:34 AM
Test drove a mustang today Zim The Bar 2 05-24-2004 05:21 PM
Test drove a Mach 1 DropTop_Stang The Bar 6 10-26-2003 01:11 PM

» Like Us On Facebook



05:19 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.