HELP: spoiler install from AM - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-30-2014, 11:36 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
HELP: spoiler install from AM

I am having my ford dealer install my GT/CS spoiler. I am missing 4 nuts/bolts that came with it from AM. I know I can re use the 4 stock ones. Can someone who's done this or an AM person PLEASE tell me what size nuts/bolts they are!?!? I called AM and the person I spoke with said they would NOT send me just the hardware . Without it I will never get this spoiler on... It's been weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Advertisement

Old 07-30-2014, 11:49 AM   #2
Registered Member

Regular

Region: California
Doesnt the Ford dealer have some thing you can use?
Socal Stangman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 11:53 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Send AMDanBailer a PM. I'm sure he can't get you taken care of.
ninerone is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-30-2014, 12:11 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1406740259.619101.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	263.9 KB
ID:	162515
Don't know about the bolts, but here it is after install

elkoritaNAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 12:17 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

I sent AMAlex a PM it showed he was online. I'll try dan too in a few minutes. This is an EMERGENCY they are trying to put freakin pinstripes all over my car they mixed the cars up I have to speed over there.

Old 07-30-2014, 12:19 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkoritaNAY View Post
Attachment 162515
Don't know about the bolts, but here it is after install

That's not the GT/CS spoiler

Old 07-30-2014, 12:20 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Wish I could help, but I don't remember what size came with mine. Hope everything gets worked out!

Airraid CAI | BBK Ceramic Shorty Headers | BBK Catted X-Pipe | Ford Racing Sport Axlebacks | GT/CS Spoiler | Black GT500 Stripes
ToP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 01:37 PM   #8
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue1993 View Post
PLEASE tell me what size nuts/bolts they are!?!?
First, the AM wing mounts with screws and does not have the studs in the wing the factory spoiler does. This makes it a bit more difficult. I cannot believe the Ford guys can't furnish them. They are M6-10 x 20 screws. Eight (along with M6 flat washers) will be required. Because of the location of the additional holes required, the installer will have to also use a hole saw and carefully drill larger holes through the trunk lid stiffeners to accommodate the screw heads similar to what the original four holes were. If you buy the replacement screws, the better choice is a hex head screw as opposed to phillips head that comes with the wing from AM. These can be bought at Lowes, Home Depot, Autozone, etc.

Good luck.
2002 Black/Red GT (Ginger)
2011 Red Candy Metallic V6 (Manfred)
2016 Magnetic Metallic GT (Susie II)
bigmac3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 01:42 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmac3 View Post
First, the AM wing mounts with screws and does not have the studs in the wing the factory spoiler does. This makes it a bit more difficult. I cannot believe the Ford guys can't furnish them. They are M6-10 x 20 screws. Eight (along with M6 flat washers) will be required. Because of the location of the additional holes required, the installer will have to also use a hole saw and carefully drill larger holes through the trunk lid stiffeners to accommodate the screw heads similar to what the original four holes were. If you buy the replacement screws, the better choice is a hex head screw as opposed to phillips head that comes with the wing from AM. These can be bought at Lowes, Home Depot, Autozone, etc.

Good luck.
So I should go to Home Depot and purchase 8 M6-10 x 20 hex head screws and 8 M6 flat washers and those will work for the install? I don't need any 3M tape stuff to stick it to the car?
I really think the Ford guys are just too lazy to order them or find out what they are.
Old 07-30-2014, 01:49 PM   #10
Staff

Regular
Staff

Region: Connecticut
if you are there p/up tape just in case. +1 on them not wanting to get it done.

Bigmac, good post!
Old 07-30-2014, 01:52 PM   #11
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Quote:
So I should go to Home Depot and purchase 8 M6-10 x 20 hex head screws and 8 M6 flat washers and those will work for the install? I don't need any 3M tape stuff to stick it to the car?
I really think the Ford guys are just too lazy to order them or find out what they are.
Yes on the screws/washers. I didn't use any 3M tape for the GT/CS spoiler but then it came with pre-cut foam pads to go between the spoiler and the trunk lid. Those were probably with your lost hardware. I can't believe a dealer parts counter that doesn't stock general hardware. You may be right, they are just lazy...or stupid. I also can't believe that AM/MMD will not furnish replacements (even at your cost).
Old 07-30-2014, 01:58 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmac3 View Post
Yes on the screws/washers. I didn't use any 3M tape for the GT/CS spoiler but then it came with pre-cut foam pads to go between the spoiler and the trunk lid. Those were probably with your lost hardware. I can't believe a dealer parts counter that doesn't stock general hardware. You may be right, they are just lazy...or stupid.
I have the foam pads! They are on the spoiler already. I was going to tackle the install myself, had everything ready, then had second thoughts on the drilling and the body shop said they would do it for free because they're re-doing my hood. Then I got 3 different calls today about how the stock one is taped on and how they can't find the proper hardware and all this BS. They're trying to rip me off for money it's ridiculous.
Old 07-30-2014, 02:02 PM   #13
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
I have the foam pads! They are on the spoiler already. I was going to tackle the install myself, had everything ready, then had second thoughts on the drilling and the body shop said they would do it for free because they're re-doing my hood. Then I got 3 different calls today about how the stock one is taped on and how they can't find the proper hardware and all this BS. They're trying to rip me off for money it's ridiculous.

This is why its important to work on your own vehicles...a spoiler is a very easy DIY.
Old 07-30-2014, 02:06 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socal Stangman View Post
This is why its important to work on your own vehicles...a spoiler is a very easy DIY.
Yes but they had said they would do it for free, which is why I had agreed for them to do it. I'm going down there again now to figure this all out. Had an emergency that they were trying to pinstripe my car or some s&*t....
Old 07-30-2014, 02:10 PM   #15
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Quote:
...the stock one is taped on...
^ It IS an easy job, especially for a dealer body shop.

Of course it's taped on. They really didn't know this?
Old 07-30-2014, 02:15 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

I have no idea what's going on I'm on my way down there now... I'll let you know what they say

Old 07-30-2014, 02:51 PM   #17
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Quote:
I have no idea what's going on I'm on my way down there now... I'll let you know what they say

Good luck.
Old 07-30-2014, 02:58 PM   #18
Registered Member

Regular

It all just kind of sucks...good luck man!!
Old 07-30-2014, 03:12 PM   #19
Staff

Regular
Staff

Region: Connecticut
m6 x 1.0 20 mm length (the pitch will be 1.0) = threads are 1 mm apart
assuming Macs #'s are correct
Old 07-30-2014, 03:15 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Turns out it was the Ford dealer misinforming me the entire time and they were trying to screw the body shop out of money. Just left he body shop. They are having their own guy come in and do custom race stripes on my hood and are doing the spoiler install and touching the spoiler up in a few places all for $100. Ford had said they would not do the stripes and we had to pay $500, then when we declined left a message this morning on my phone saying they would be pinstriping it. The body shop said that Ford wasn't letting them use their own guy, and had not said anything about $500 to the body shop, nor had they said anything about pinstriping. It sounds like they were going to get the car from the body shop and do the pinstriping themselves before I came to pick it up and attempt to charge me for it. The owner at the body shop was great, he took the time to go outside and plan out the stripes exactly how I want them, and made up a design for them that will be really different and look really cool. No one will have these stripes but me! The stripes were NOT covered under warranty but he will do them for free since I am getting the spoiler installed by them. His honesty with me is well worth $100 for racing stripes on my hood and a spoiler install. The custom stripes would be well over $100 by themselves.
AMAlex has been in contact with me trying to locate a hardware packet from the GT/CS spoiler. Hopefully he can get this shipped out to me today so I can drop it off at the shop tomorrow or Friday. THE DEALER TOLD THE BODY SHOP THE HARDWARE WOULD BE ALMOST $100. Some BS about how they had to have it express shipped and locate it.... I'm sure they have it on site!!!! I cannot wait for this warranty work to be over with so I don't have to deal with this BS anymore!!!! Big thanks to AM and Alex for trying to locate the hardware for me, and thank god there is an honest body shop owner somewhere!
Old 07-30-2014, 04:22 PM   #21
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange Mud View Post
m6 x 1.0 20 mm length (the pitch will be 1.0) = threads are 1 mm apart
assuming Macs #'s are correct
Correct I accidently omitted the decimal. M6x1 x 20
Old 07-30-2014, 04:33 PM   #22
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
I am having my ford dealer install my GT/CS spoiler. I am missing 4 nuts/bolts that came with it from AM. I know I can re use the 4 stock ones. Can someone who's done this or an AM person PLEASE tell me what size nuts/bolts they are!?!? I called AM and the person I spoke with said they would NOT send me just the hardware . Without it I will never get this spoiler on... It's been weeks.
Quote:
Turns out it was the Ford dealer misinforming me the entire time and they were trying to screw the body shop out of money. Just left he body shop. They are having their own guy come in and do custom race stripes on my hood and are doing the spoiler install and touching the spoiler up in a few places all for $100. Ford had said they would not do the stripes and we had to pay $500, then when we declined left a message this morning on my phone saying they would be pinstriping it. The body shop said that Ford wasn't letting them use their own guy, and had not said anything about $500 to the body shop, nor had they said anything about pinstriping. It sounds like they were going to get the car from the body shop and do the pinstriping themselves before I came to pick it up and attempt to charge me for it. The owner at the body shop was great, he took the time to go outside and plan out the stripes exactly how I want them, and made up a design for them that will be really different and look really cool. No one will have these stripes but me! The stripes were NOT covered under warranty but he will do them for free since I am getting the spoiler installed by them. His honesty with me is well worth $100 for racing stripes on my hood and a spoiler install. The custom stripes would be well over $100 by themselves.

AMAlex has been in contact with me trying to locate a hardware packet from the GT/CS spoiler. Hopefully he can get this shipped out to me today so I can drop it off at the shop tomorrow or Friday. THE DEALER TOLD THE BODY SHOP THE HARDWARE WOULD BE ALMOST $100. Some BS about how they had to have it express shipped and locate it.... I'm sure they have it on site!!!! I cannot wait for this warranty work to be over with so I don't have to deal with this BS anymore!!!! Big thanks to AM and Alex for trying to locate the hardware for me, and thank god there is an honest body shop owner somewhere!
Hey GrabberBlue,

From what I understand Alex got you all taken care of! He ran over to the warehouse and pulled a hardware kit for you. He even overnight shipped the kit to you!

You should have it tomorrow and you'll be in good shape. Sorry about the headache this caused you! Let us know if we can be of any further assistance.

-Dan
Bama Direct: 888.226.9764| Mon-Fri 9AM-5:30PM EST
FREE SAME-DAY SHIPPING IN THE US-48 AND PRICE MATCHING!
AMDanBailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 04:37 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

AM customer service is out of this world good. Please give training sessions to my local cable company.

Sent from my HTCONE using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Sakib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 04:38 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMDanBailer View Post
Hey GrabberBlue,

From what I understand Alex got you all taken care of! He ran over to the warehouse and pulled a hardware kit for you. He even overnight shipped the kit to you!

You should have it tomorrow and you'll be in good shape. Sorry about the headache this caused you! Let us know if we can be of any further assistance.

-Dan
AWESOME!!! I will PM him right now to thank him. Alex really is the best, this saved my butt and a lot of $$. Thanks for the info. Dan, and thanks to Alex and AM again!!! Can't wait to show off the new custom stripes and spoiler at your show!
Old 07-30-2014, 04:43 PM   #25
Registered Member

Regular

You cant say enough great stuff about AM!! They are truly first class all the way.

Glad it all worked out for you...
Old 07-30-2014, 04:59 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Socal Stangman View Post
You cant say enough great stuff about AM!! They are truly first class all the way.

Glad it all worked out for you...

AM never ceases to amaze me! Just awesome!!!!!

rringler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 05:00 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Yes they really are the best. The only place I will purchase from for my Mustang! For reasons exactly like this!
Old 07-31-2014, 08:37 AM   #28
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakib View Post
AM customer service is out of this world good. Please give training sessions to my local cable company.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rringler View Post
AM never ceases to amaze me! Just awesome!!!!!
Quote:
Yes they really are the best. The only place I will purchase from for my Mustang! For reasons exactly like this!
Quote:
AWESOME!!! I will PM him right now to thank him. Alex really is the best, this saved my butt and a lot of $$. Thanks for the info. Dan, and thanks to Alex and AM again!!! Can't wait to show off the new custom stripes and spoiler at your show!
You're welcome! We took a quick ride over to the paint location and got you all squared away, quickly. Alex did also shoot you a PM about this yesterday!

Thanks for all the kind words guys. We really appreciate that! As always let us know if we can be of any further assistance.

Post up some pictures with your new Spoiler installed!

-Dan
Old 07-31-2014, 08:45 AM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMDanBailer View Post
You're welcome! We took a quick ride over to the paint location and got you all squared away, quickly. Alex did also shoot you a PM about this yesterday!

Thanks for all the kind words guys. We really appreciate that! As always let us know if we can be of any further assistance.

Post up some pictures with your new Spoiler installed!

-Dan

My ME messaging on my phone app hasn't been the best lately, it decides on it's own what I get and what goes through! I can't wait to throw some pic's up tomorrow hopefully! It's getting it's hood repainted, new hood stripes, a new front windshield, and the new spoiler on! Now I just have to decide if I want the CDC rear decklid panel or the carbon fiber one you guys have!

Old 07-31-2014, 08:57 AM   #30
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor

Quote:
My ME messaging on my phone app hasn't been the best lately, it decides on it's own what I get and what goes through! I can't wait to throw some pic's up tomorrow hopefully! It's getting it's hood repainted, new hood stripes, a new front windshield, and the new spoiler on! Now I just have to decide if I want the CDC rear decklid panel or the carbon fiber one you guys have!
Good stuff! It sounds like your Stang is getting a full makeover. That's really cool! I look forward to checking out the pictures.

I don't think you can go wrong with the decklid panel. I like all of them! MMD, RTR, CDC, Black/Carbon fiber etc.. they all really do look great. I've see them all in person and have liked them all!

-Dan
Old 07-31-2014, 02:23 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Just dropped the install kit at the body shop! They were amazed at how fast I brought it over (20 hours or less since I was there), told them how great AM is and they said they would recommend anyone with Mustangs coming in to get after market stuff from there!
I checked in on my car and it was hood-less, the hood was being worked on and they invited me in to see how everything was going and showed me the whole process of treating the hood and repainting it. Really awesome shop, I would highly recommend them to anyone in the South Shore Long Island area. Spoiler and stripes go on tomorrow! Then I bring her home and take pictures! Then the new windshield goes in.
HUGE thank you to Alex, Dan, and AM for shipping these out to me immediately! Saved me a lot of $ and stress from dealing with the Ford dealer. Check out the stripes at the AM show if anyone is gonna be there, they're a really different hood stripe design and I'll throw pics up of them and the spoiler tomorrow afternoon/night !
Old 08-01-2014, 11:40 AM   #32
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor

Quote:
Just dropped the install kit at the body shop! They were amazed at how fast I brought it over (20 hours or less since I was there), told them how great AM is and they said they would recommend anyone with Mustangs coming in to get after market stuff from there!
I checked in on my car and it was hood-less, the hood was being worked on and they invited me in to see how everything was going and showed me the whole process of treating the hood and repainting it. Really awesome shop, I would highly recommend them to anyone in the South Shore Long Island area. Spoiler and stripes go on tomorrow! Then I bring her home and take pictures! Then the new windshield goes in..

HUGE thank you to Alex, Dan, and AM for shipping these out to me immediately! Saved me a lot of $ and stress from dealing with the Ford dealer. Check out the stripes at the AM show if anyone is gonna be there, they're a really different hood stripe design and I'll throw pics up of them and the spoiler tomorrow afternoon/night !
Awesome! Thanks for the kind words and feedback. Glad to hear you're in good shape now. Let me know if you have any questions or need some assistance in the near future!

Keep up the awesome work with your build!

-Dan
Old 08-02-2014, 11:51 AM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

So it's now Saturday and Ford wants to look at my car before I get it back. I want my car back. I can just go get it can't I? It's been gone since Monday this is getting absolutely ridiculous. They can't just hold my car, I can just go get it and say I'm taking it the work is done correct? I am so sick of this...

Old 08-02-2014, 11:52 AM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

It went in for a warranty hood re paint at the body shop they use. They can't like search through my car and run the computer to see if it's tuned right? Totally unrelated things.

Old 08-02-2014, 01:05 PM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

Successfully rescued it from the Dealership. Car looks good! Pictures are up in a new thread!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang