Eibach Sportline Springs. - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-01-2014, 02:46 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Eibach Sportline Springs.

I think the time has come for me to lower my pony and get rid of the lifted truck look our cars come with stock.

I haven't done any suspension mods yet and I'm curious about the Eibach Sportline Springs.

I'm wondering if it would be fine to just upgrade the springs by themself without swapping out the strut mounts and struts. My vehicle is a daily driver and is driven pretty conservatively for the most part with some sprints every now and then but no extreme driving ever happens.

I just really like the drop of the sportlines and wouldn't settle for their pro kit.

I'd like to see responses from people who have actually put them in without any upgrades and their experience with them.

Thanks in advance everyone!

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Prezona is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-01-2014, 02:50 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Too big of a drop you can't do them by themselves. You can't even do them with an adj. panhard, you're gonna need new caster camber plates I believe, the adj. panhard bar, at the very least, plus maybe even new struts/mounts.
Old 08-01-2014, 02:52 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue1993 View Post
Too big of a drop you can't do them by themselves. You can't even do them with an adj. panhard, you're gonna need new caster camber plates I believe, the adj. panhard bar, at the very least, plus maybe even new struts/mounts.
Jesus I guess I'll just be leaving her stock lol.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-01-2014, 02:54 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prezona View Post
Jesus I guess I'll just be leaving her stock lol.
SR lowering springs are a nice 1.5' drop and they are only $170, you could get away with just them and an adj. panhard bar for $115. $285 with the 6% forum discount from AM puts you at about $268 for everything, cheaper than the springs you had originally chosen, and the SR springs are quality, a lot of people on here have them and they are what I will eventually be going with.
Old 08-01-2014, 02:58 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Yea I was looking at the sport lines but with that low of a drop you will probably need to upgrade most of your suspension along with it or you risk seriously effing up your car.
Old 08-01-2014, 02:59 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
SR is not quality
TurboCobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 03:02 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue1993 View Post
SR lowering springs are a nice 1.5' drop and they are only $170, you could get away with just them and an adj. panhard bar for $115. $285 with the 6% forum discount from AM puts you at about $268 for everything, cheaper than the springs you had originally chosen, and the SR springs are quality, a lot of people on here have them and they are what I will eventually be going with.
Really? I thought those were in fact THE springs that actually required you to replace your struts and mounts. I mean If I could get away with just them and a panhard bar and a pair of camber adjustment bolts then hell yeah! lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeygaga View Post
Yea I was looking at the sport lines but with that low of a drop you will probably need to upgrade most of your suspension along with it or you risk seriously effing up your car.
Man I wish I didn't give a crap about my cars well being so that I could just slap them on lol

All that I plan on doing to my suspension is (springs, panhard bar, and lower control arms) I really want to stay away form having to buy new camber plates and mounts lol.
Old 08-01-2014, 03:04 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prezona View Post
Really? I thought those were in fact THE springs that actually required you to replace your struts and mounts. I mean If I could get away with just them and a panhard bar and a pair of camber adjustment bolts then hell yeah! lol

Man I wish I didn't give a crap about my cars well being so that I could just slap them on lol

All that I plan on doing to my suspension is (springs, panhard bar, and lower control arms) I really want to stay away form having to buy new camber plates and mounts lol.
Some people don't even get the camber bolts they just do the SR springs with an adj. panhard. I will be going with the bolts when I do mine just for convenience sake. $30 or whatever they are is worth it.
It all depends on the drop. Anything MORE than a 1.5' drop and you're gonna need to upgrade the rest of your suspension (CC plates, struts/mounts, etc.).
Old 08-01-2014, 04:47 PM   #9
Registered Member

Regular

I have the pro kit and it's perfect. Great for a DD and you don't need all the other stuff. All I did was springs.
Socal Stangman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 05:41 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socal Stangman View Post
I have the pro kit and it's perfect. Great for a DD and you don't need all the other stuff. All I did was springs.
Really.. just the springs? How long have u been running them for? More power to ya if u can get away with it but u might want to eventually think about getting some supporting suspension mods.
Old 08-01-2014, 06:31 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Other
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboCobra View Post
SR is not quality
I have 10k miles on my sr springs they ride and handle great. I've had a few sets of eibachs on some of my stangs and where great. But for the price difference sr perf is doing a good job.

Bigshow14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 07:13 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
I have some sitting in my garage brand new in the box, along with the Eibach camber bolts. I am looking to sell if you are willing to pay for shipping. I payed $260 through AM but will let go for $220.
Old 08-01-2014, 07:16 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeyondUno View Post
I have some sitting in my garage brand new in the box, along with the Eibach camber bolts. I am looking to sell if you are willing to pay for shipping. I payed $260 through AM but will let go for $220.

I'll trade ya Raxiom Halo Projector HID head lights! Lol. I need to get rid of these head lights.... Fml ...

Old 08-01-2014, 07:50 PM   #14
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeygaga View Post
Really.. just the springs? How long have u been running them for? More power to ya if u can get away with it but u might want to eventually think about getting some supporting suspension mods.
I've bad them for a few months. I got the car brand new so they've been on since shortly after getting it, maybe 2500 miles now. I took it for an alignment and it didn't even need one. When they put it on the rack it was still so close to spec they didn't mess with it.

I'll do more mods after putting some miles on it. I only have 2900 miles.
Socal Stangman is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang