Bad quality: Bbk long tube headers - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-07-2014, 11:58 AM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
They aren't much bigger (the GT H pipe) but I just had the shop cut out my mid pipe and it was kind of tight but they overlapped the H pipe over my existing piping a little (1/8 in.) And then weld.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-09-2014, 03:26 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Other
Keeping the fu***d up headers for now.. I will just scratch bbk for my future orders..

Atleast I now have a roaring sixer!
Attached Files
Soon: Procharger & NOS
dubaighost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 10:00 PM   #38
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: Florida
Just look for pin holes at the weld that may leak exhaust.

You would think the big shots at BBK would try to do something to fix their quality control problems. Your not the first person to get crap headers from them. Look back at some of the posts on this as well as other forums and you will see the problem goes back a while. For what the headers cost, They sure could do a lot better then what they have been doing.
Ronnie
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-10-2014, 03:07 AM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

I agree Ronnie. The product itself doesn't speak for the brand that they have established. That's the result of good marketing and how Justin sells it in AM...

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Old 08-10-2014, 07:46 AM   #40
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

BBK at one time was really good

The BBK headers at one time were the very best quality. Now they are hit & miss. American Muscle is just a retail store and they were probably not aware of the BBK quality issue until recently when some customers started having problems with them leaking around the welds.
Your big problem is you are "FAR AWAY" and the shipping is really high. If you order anything more from any retail company you should ask them that the item be inspected before they send anything to you.
BBK needs to get a new welder and poopcan the idiot that is screwing things up.
American Muscle is a respected retail store and it's just bad that you live in a different country so they can't cover the shipping.
As long as your headers don't leak, I think you will love the way they perform. The ugly welds will soon be a nice shade of dark blue anyway.
Ronnie
Old 08-12-2014, 06:22 AM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

guess what? aside from the rusted parts, even the wiring harness extensions is F****d up!

Got a check engine sign and this is what i found out!

BBK...... tsk tsk tsk!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20140812_120911.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	1.81 MB
ID:	163293   Click image for larger version

Name:	20140812_120923.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	1.93 MB
ID:	163294  

Old 08-12-2014, 08:00 AM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

That is why extensions are not the best way to do things. WOW that sucks I feel for you.

1989 Sonic Blue LX Coupe, 349 ci, TW heads, TFS Track Heat Intake, 75mm Accufab TB, 80mm ProM, 30 lb. inj, TKO, 3.73, 31 spline w/ TruTrac, MAC 1-5/8" LT headers w/ H pipe, Flowmaster, electric fan Moates QH
391 rwhp & 424 rwtq...Mustang Dyno 11.5@122mph
smurf stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 08:05 AM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Are they burnt or rusted?
Old 08-12-2014, 08:24 AM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
I'm really surprised with the quality from BBK. I had BBK headers on a previous car and they were wonderful. Really feel for you man.

2013 v6 Black Mustang,JLT CAI, Flowmaster 40 series mufflers
Steven3_7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 11:27 AM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Well this thread confirmed that Mac will be getting my money for ceramic headers. Very sorry that you had to deal with this, dubaighost. I wonder if you can fight BBK to get them to eat your shipping costs and give you a full refund. That is, if the time that you spend chasing after that is worth the money to you...
Sakib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 12:47 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

@sakib bbk big shots wouldn't care! Tried once but i felt there is no use. No protection for international customers / orders...

i I just hope this thread will reach tons of mustang lovers so they will be aware before they place an order (like you do).

As i mentioned earlier, Justin from AM is doing a good job in promoting their products...

Old 08-12-2014, 01:03 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubaighost View Post
@sakib bbk big shots wouldn't care! Tried once but i felt there is no use. No protection for international customers / orders...

i I just hope this thread will reach tons of mustang lovers so they will be aware before they place an order (like you do).

As i mentioned earlier, Justin from AM is doing a good job in promoting their products...
You're right, the great thing about forums like ME is that you can get first-hand reviews of products and make better consumer decisions. However, let's put the blame where the blame is due - this was BBKs fault for terrible quality control. AM is just a retailer and Justin from the videos is just a guy doing his job to help make sales. That's like blaming Walmart for selling you a cheap microfiber towel that tore up after using it twice. AM does a good job for handling customer dissatisfaction for people here in the States. You have an unusual situation being halfway around the world, I think you'll be hard pressed to find another aftermarket Mustang parts retailer that will do better than AM to serve you all the way out there...

That said, it still sucks for you, man. I hope you get things worked out in a way that doesn't hurt your wallet too bad.
Old 08-12-2014, 01:12 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Not putting the blame to AM man... I just said they are doing a good job in promoting their product...

Yah, hopefully there will be better options for international orders.

Old 08-12-2014, 01:20 PM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Not putting the blame to AM man... I just said they are doing a good job in promoting their product...

Yah, hopefully there will be better options for international orders.

Oh sorry, I thought you were being sarcastic. It is hard judging tone through the internet sometimes.
Old 08-12-2014, 04:14 PM   #50
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

I'll be willing to bet that video was made a long time ago

It has not been really that long since the BBK issues on their headers started showing up. At one time not that long ago they had great quality Mufflers and exhaust parts. It's just that someone in the welding department is putting out really bad products and nobody is inspecting anything they ship out. I'm not a professional welder but I could do a better job then the welds I have seen on the defective headers I have seen on these Forums.
Maybe they will have a stand at the American Muscle show and anyone walking past the stand can say "WHAT THE HECK HAPPENED TO QUALITY CONTROL????"
That should shake them up a bit.
Ronnie
Old 08-12-2014, 04:19 PM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
I will be picking up a pair of shorty headers at the AM show... I was going to go with BBK... But maybe not after seeing this. The problem is I may have no other choice, I don't think MAC shorty headers will pass emissions in NY state...

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Old 08-12-2014, 05:01 PM   #52
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Hey Grabber Blue 1993

I'm betting they will have a booth set up. I know they did at the Silver Springs show in Florida and they give a discount if you buy anything at the shows.
Just ask if someone can check the headers before they send them out because you have heard about the quality problem and don't want to be stuck with leaky ugly headers.

Are you going to meet up with the ME group at the Holiday Inn Saturday Morning.?????
Ronnie
Old 08-12-2014, 05:07 PM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie948 View Post
I'm betting they will have a booth set up. I know they did at the Silver Springs show in Florida and they give a discount if you buy anything at the shows.

Just ask if someone can check the headers before they send them out because you have heard about the quality problem and don't want to be stuck with leaky ugly headers.

Are you going to meet up with the ME group at the Holiday Inn Saturday Morning.?????

Ronnie

I will do that I have a huge shopping list for the show.
Yes I will be meeting up at 8AM at the holiday inn and them going into the show. It's my first car show so I'm not sure what to expect, I will definitely be the youngest person there

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Old 08-12-2014, 09:37 PM   #54
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Age don't matter when your a "CAR" guy or Girl.

You are going to have the time of your life. This is only Mustangs and not a bunch of imports or anything else. I went in 2012 and it was great then at the college. This being at Maple Grove Raceway with a lot more Mustangs entered should top them all.
I'll see you at the meeting place. I'll have my friend Mario with me. (DOG).
Ronnie
Old 09-05-2014, 02:44 PM   #55
Registered Member
Regular

Got the P2251 & P2254 engine codes back... i assume it's the same 02 sensors wiring extension issue before. I will have it checked tomorrow. ..

Any recommendations on a more durable extensions?

Old 09-06-2014, 05:25 AM   #56
Registered Member
Regular

Same thing happened. ... One of 02 sensor extension is f****d up!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1409999094811.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	44.2 KB
ID:	165296  
Old 09-06-2014, 12:03 PM   #57
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
I won't by BBK ever again! I sent mine back twice before I got a set with only "some rust"

2013 3.7 Manual Candy apple red metallic,
GT 500 stripes, painted side mirror covers, GT 500 spoiler, 2010 GT premium wheels with Pirelli P-zero tires, upper and lower front billet grille, Barton shifter bracket, Airaid Cold air intake, S.R lowering springs, J&M adjustable panhard bar, Boss 302 strut tower brace, 3.73 ford racing gears, Bama tuned, BBK shorty headers, Roush Axel backs.
FastFord13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 12:04 PM   #58
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastFord13 View Post
I won't by BBK ever again! I sent mine back twice before I got a set with only "some rust"

GT 500 stripes, painted side mirror covers, GT 500 spoiler, 2010 GT premium wheels with Pirelli P-zero tires, upper and lower front billet grille, Barton shifter bracket, Airaid Cold air intake, S.R lowering springs, J&M adjustable panhard bar, Boss 302 strut tower brace, 3.73 ford racing gears, Bama tuned, BBK shorty headers, Roush Axel backs.
Chrome or ceramic?
My ceramic ones came literally perfect
Old 09-06-2014, 12:41 PM   #59
Registered Member
Regular

Chrome. : ( Should have gone ceramic.

Old 09-06-2014, 12:43 PM   #60
Registered Member
Regular

If and when I go LTS , I'll go with another company. I've seen way to many complaints as of late with BBK.

Old 09-06-2014, 12:51 PM   #61
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
Same thing happened. ... One of 02 sensor extension is f****d up!
If you call BBK they will send you out a new extender free of charge.

Sent from my naked Johnson. The third real non Boss 227
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 01:17 PM   #62
Registered Member
Regular

Isn't Chrome VS Ceramic a matter of heat release? Chrome I know allow more heat to release out vs chrome. It's a matter of finish too. They all start out as stainless then they give them either a chrome or ceramic coating. You can get poor quality, rusted out headers with either one. It's really a matter of how good the steel they use is and how they treat and care for them prior to getting coated. Either way it sounds like BBK quality control department has been missing for some time.
Old 09-06-2014, 02:01 PM   #63
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastFord13 View Post
Chrome. : ( Should have gone ceramic.

Yeah my ceramics can perfect

2012 v6 Black Performance Package MT CAI 3:73 Ford Racing Gears 91 Hybrid Bama tune Deleted Mufflers
2012 v6 Black Performance Package MT CAI bbk Shorties Ceramic Headers 3:73 Ford Racing Gears MPT 91/ 91 Hybrid Bama tune Deleted Mufflers
DirtyDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 02:03 PM   #64
Registered Member
Regular

@kona blue I bought mine through amazon. sending the part back to US then pay again for the US - DUBAI shipping will cost more....

Any other brands / companies were I can get the extension?

Old 09-06-2014, 02:53 PM   #65
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
@kona blue I bought mine through amazon. sending the part back to US then pay again for the US - DUBAI shipping will cost more....

Any other brands / companies were I can get the extension?

Why not just extend the wires on the stock sensors?
Old 09-06-2014, 06:34 PM   #66
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fintile View Post
Why not just extend the wires on the stock sensors?
This, if you route the sensors correctly you won't need the extensions. It takes a bit of playing around with them to get them to work.
2011 V6 Race Red - Airaid CAI , BBK 73mm Throttle Body, 3.73 FRPP Gears, BBK Longtube Headers , BBK Off Road X-Pipe , Borla ATAKs , SR Performance Strut Tower Brace, MPT 91R Tune, Powerstop Rotors and pads, JLT Oil Seperator, Koni STR.T Struts & Shocks, Eibach Pro Line Springs, BMR Adjustable Panhard Bar, J&M Caster Camber Plates, Mickey Thompson Street Comps on 19" Laguna Seca Hyper Black Wheels, Several other aesthetic mods
JoeyM91 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang