Bad quality: Bbk long tube headers - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-03-2014, 05:03 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Other
Bad quality: Bbk long tube headers

Was quite disappointed with the long tube headers that i ordered through amazon. The finish is rubbish! Good thing I am not building this for show!

And it was not even bubble wrapped!
Disappointed. ..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1407060076029.jpg
Views:	370
Size:	64.2 KB
ID:	162770   Click image for larger version

Name:	1407060116406.jpg
Views:	389
Size:	62.8 KB
ID:	162771  

Click image for larger version

Name:	1407060137294.jpg
Views:	353
Size:	47.4 KB
ID:	162772   Click image for larger version

Name:	1407060161445.jpg
Views:	336
Size:	42.3 KB
ID:	162773  

Soon: Procharger & NOS
dubaighost is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-03-2014, 10:08 AM   #2
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: Florida
I see your pretty new to the forum

There have been a number of posts on the Mustang forums regarding the quakity of BBK headers.
BEFORE YOUR INSTALL THEM:::
Look very carefully at the welds to be sure there are no holes that will cause a leak of exhaust. It only takes a very small pin hole to give you problems.

If you think there could be a problem you need to return them and call BBK and complain. At one time they were one of the best but I guess they have the headers welded in China or some other crappy country. It could not be America with the crappy work like that being put out now could it?????
Ronnie
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 10:12 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
I would return them directly to bbk regardless,
Have them send you a replacement set.
No need to settle for a crap finish when you did not pay for it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-03-2014, 10:56 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Ew, I would send them back and call BBK immediately. I'm guessing you are in Dubai from your name so it's hard to find v6 mustang parts? I don't think AM will ship to Dubai lol. If you're stuck shopping on amazon for car parts, read ALL the reviews before purchasing something.
Old 08-03-2014, 11:28 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Go with the Mac ceramic long tubes and send those back they'll only get worst

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Bigshow14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 01:47 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigshow14 View Post
Go with the Mac ceramic long tubes and send those back they'll only get worst

+100 go with mac ceramic or any ceramic definitely no rust at all, bigshow14 my Mac still looking brand new same as when I got it from you.

Borla touring, airraid Cai, Mac ceramic shorty headers, frrp x pipe, 2010 gt500 rims, 35 % tint and more to come..
shunc01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 04:17 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by shunc01 View Post
+100 go with mac ceramic or any ceramic definitely no rust at all, bigshow14 my Mac still looking brand new same as when I got it from you.

Borla touring, airraid Cai, Mac ceramic shorty headers, frrp x pipe, 2010 gt500 rims, 35 % tint and more to come..
Glad they're working out for you. My right foot sure does miss having them.lol
Old 08-03-2014, 05:35 PM   #8
Registered Member

Regular

Region: California
Man, what happened to BBK? They used to be a really good company...
Socal Stangman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 05:53 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socal Stangman View Post
Man, what happened to BBK? They used to be a really good company...
It's just their chrome headers mainly. Enough people are dealing with it verses sending them back. A butt load of returns should catch bbks QA/QC departments attention

Old 08-03-2014, 06:12 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
I've got BBK Ceramic headers on my car!.. Zero problems with fit or finish!..

Eturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 07:28 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Ceramic will be better all around regarding rust or warping issues but for their stainless that's where the true quality questions should come up. I just installed some BBK shorties and inspected them thoroughly. Also had the mechanic inspect them. After install it was air tight. No leaks or gasket issues. Which could be a 1 in 15 chance I got a good set. I say just go with whatever you think would be best. If they have issues upon delivery then send them back or call and complain. Who knows maybe you'll get lucky and they will just send you another set no charge. I've had that happen a couple times with various purchases.
Old 08-04-2014, 01:17 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Yah, I should have ordered the ceramic one. Contacting amazon now...

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Old 08-04-2014, 06:40 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
I'm planning on getting MAC ceramic shorty headers. How do shorty headers change the sound and how's the power compared to long tubes?

2013 v6 Black Mustang,JLT CAI, Flowmaster 40 series mufflers
Steven3_7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 06:55 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven3_7 View Post
I'm planning on getting MAC ceramic shorty headers. How do shorty headers change the sound and how's the power compared to long tubes?

You will like them a lot easy to install sound and perform great. I sold mine to purchase long tubes but now I'm not 100% sure I made the right choiceAttachment 162873

Old 08-04-2014, 06:57 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

From what I've noticed is it deepens the tone and quiets it out at idle. I've also noticed a nice "gerggling" as I drive. Similar to a Subaru but not as intense or obnoxious (for those who don't like the sound)
Old 08-04-2014, 07:35 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
You will like them a lot easy to install sound and perform great. I sold mine to purchase long tubes but now I'm not 100% sure I made the right choiceAttachment 162873

Sorry bro. Go with the long tube what are you waiting for? It will make up from the lost time you don't have the shorty. I love the shorty every minute of it..

shunc01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 07:50 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by shunc01 View Post
Sorry bro. Go with the long tube what are you waiting for? It will make up from the lost time you don't have the shorty. I love the shorty every minute of it..

Lol I have to get passed all of this back to school expense first. Your car is looking and sounding great.

Old 08-04-2014, 08:02 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
You will like them a lot easy to install sound and perform great. I sold mine to purchase long tubes but now I'm not 100% sure I made the right choice
Whoa Bigshow you sold your shorties? You were the poster child for the new Mac ceramic shorties, you are the main reason that is going to be my first exhaust mod!
Sakib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 08:07 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakib View Post
Whoa Bigshow you sold your shorties? You were the poster child for the new Mac ceramic shorties, you are the main reason that is going to be my first exhaust mod!
Don't pass them up when the coin is available ill be purchasing the Mac long tubes. The shorties where great but I plan on adding a lil juice down the road and think the long tubes would be more beneficial. I could be wrong thou.

Old 08-04-2014, 08:15 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Don't pass them up when the coin is available ill be purchasing the Mac long tubes. The shorties where great but I plan on adding a lil juice down the road and think the long tubes would be more beneficial. I could be wrong thou.
Please elaborate what you mean by adding a lil juice. Are you thinking of FI or are you just saying you want bigger HP numbers from the long tubes?

It is my understanding that long tubes provide more horsepower in the top-end. Shorties may even decrease your max horsepower, but will give you more torque at the low-end, which is where our V6s need it. I don't know any of this for a fact, just what I understand from reading what others say.
Old 08-04-2014, 08:32 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Juice = nitrous

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

1989 Sonic Blue LX Coupe, 349 ci, TW heads, TFS Track Heat Intake, 75mm Accufab TB, 80mm ProM, 30 lb. inj, TKO, 3.73, 31 spline w/ TruTrac, MAC 1-5/8" LT headers w/ H pipe, Flowmaster, electric fan Moates QH
391 rwhp & 424 rwtq...Mustang Dyno 11.5@122mph
smurf stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 08:36 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

It is my understanding that long tubes provide more horsepower in the top-end. Shorties may even decrease your max horsepower, but will give you more torque at the low-end, which is where our V6s need it. I don't know any of this for a fact, just what I understand from reading what others say.

Thats about what everyone says but I've been hearing that with what you gain down low having shorties it more than makes up the factional HP numbers you lose up top. Either way your better than those thin restrictive stock manifolds all around with shorties or with long tubes. I'd say go with shorties if anyone is on the fence. BBK are Carb legal and won't inhibit your cats if your looking to pass emissions you'd also gain some low end trq. For most of us who have at max CAI, X pipe, axle backs, and a tune your well aware that what our cars need more than a few top end hp is some low end trq.
Old 08-04-2014, 09:03 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

The shorties help from low to midrange the most. They work well if you want to keep the stock or modified midpipe.

Old 08-04-2014, 10:54 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
The shorties help from low to midrange the most. They work well if you want to keep the stock or modified midpipe.

Work even better if you get an X or H pipe and keep your factory over axel pipes. My low and mid range jumped once I installed mine. I even forgot to load the new tune. I just loaded the tune today and damn...
Old 08-04-2014, 11:13 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fintile View Post
Work even better if you get an X or H pipe and keep your factory over axel pipes. My low and mid range jumped once I installed mine. I even forgot to load the new tune. I just loaded the tune today and damn...
Really.... What is your setup?

Sent from my HTCONE using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Old 08-04-2014, 11:15 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
You have shorties? Good TQ?

2012 v6 Black Performance Package MT CAI 3:73 Ford Racing Gears 91 Hybrid Bama tune Deleted Mufflers
2012 v6 Black Performance Package MT CAI bbk Shorties Ceramic Headers 3:73 Ford Racing Gears MPT 91/ 91 Hybrid Bama tune Deleted Mufflers
DirtyDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 01:12 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Called amazon to raise a complain.

Result:
- they can replace it but I need to send it back.

Doesn't make any financial sense to send it back since I paid approximately usd250 to ship it to dubai from new york. I'll end up spending usd750 overall if I will pushing through the suggested process...

Will just keep it BUT I will not use BBK products in the future or even recommend it.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Old 08-05-2014, 01:22 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Thanks guys that's really a big help. I'm leaning towards the shorties with the lethal performance off road h pipe. I just gotta be patient 😔

Steven3_7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 02:15 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Really.... What is your setup?

Sent from my HTCONE using Mustang Evolution mobile app

BBK Shorties, 2012 GT H pipe, stock over axel and magnaflow streets series axel backs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDan View Post
You have shorties? Good TQ?

2012 v6 Black Performance Package MT CAI 3:73 Ford Racing Gears 91 Hybrid Bama tune Deleted Mufflers
Ya trq is soooo much better! I can pull from 1,500 -3k rpm in 3rd really nicely. It's what this car has been needing desperately. I just hope that my 3rd attempt to install a CAI doesn't make me regret it...again.
Old 08-05-2014, 02:45 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
BBK Shorties, 2012 GT H pipe, stock over axel and magnaflow streets series axel backs.

Ya trq is soooo much better! I can pull from 1,500 -3k rpm in 3rd really nicely. It's what this car has been needing desperately. I just hope that my 3rd attempt to install a CAI doesn't make me regret it...again.
This seems like a very good setup. I think I will start with the Mac ceramic shorties and see how that goes. If I want more later on I'll look into the h-pipe. I never considered doing any aftermarket midpipe, but I didn't know that you would see a noticeable increase in torque when in combo with the shorties until you said so. And I'll still be okay emissions-wise. Thanks for the tip.
Old 08-05-2014, 05:53 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
This seems like a very good setup. I think I will start with the Mac ceramic shorties and see how that goes. If I want more later on I'll look into the h-pipe. I never considered doing any aftermarket midpipe, but I didn't know that you would see a noticeable increase in torque when in combo with the shorties until you said so. And I'll still be okay emissions-wise. Thanks for the tip.
I tried running the macs only no other mods and the low-mid torque was very noticeable.

Old 08-05-2014, 11:17 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Nice!! Do you have gears? I can't pull the trigger yet..

2012 v6 Black Performance Package MT CAI bbk Shorties Ceramic Headers 3:73 Ford Racing Gears MPT 91/ 91 Hybrid Bama tune Deleted Mufflers
DirtyDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 11:21 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

There is a 2014gt h-pipe section no cats on ebay right now $65 shipped.
Old 08-05-2014, 11:25 PM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDan View Post
Nice!! Do you have gears? I can't pull the trigger yet..

Here is what my set up sounds like: 2012 Mustang V6: http://youtu.be/vb3pNKORIMU" target="_blank">http://<br /> "2012 Mustang V6" on ...be/vb3pNKORIMU
I have 3.31s
Old 08-07-2014, 10:05 AM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

The 5.0 and 3.7 mid pipes are nowhere near the same shape / size, how in the world did you do that unless you had an exhaust shop cut it up and weld it?
Voltwings is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang