Engine bay problem? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-07-2014, 01:52 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Engine bay problem?

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1407394132.654701.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	795.7 KB
ID:	163044
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1407394146.371283.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	203.0 KB
ID:	163045
Swiped it on top of the engine and it looks like oil. It's been like it since I got the car. It's now 12k miles. Is there anyone has the same issue? Thanks

Also. Sometimes when I start my engine it whine when it's under 1k rpm. If you rev, the noise goes along with it and kinda go away after it went higher than 1k rpm. Took it to the dealership a couple of times and they said they can't hear it.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
sunnytan06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-07-2014, 02:44 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
I would not worry about the dirt. Someone put some kind of dressing on the plastic and it attracts dirt. The sound is probably the idler arm... I have had mine int three times...it's intermittent and only seems to happen when it's NOT at the dealer. There is a tsb on it.

Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution
mpachal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 05:09 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Thank you for the reply.
I'm not worry about the dirt but the fact is it seems oily to me. I'm just afraid that there is a leakage of something else.

As for the noise. Can you please explain to me a little bit more? FYI it only happens when I idle.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-07-2014, 05:11 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Sorry but what is a tsb?

Old 08-07-2014, 05:27 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Technical service bulletin
Old 08-07-2014, 06:15 AM   #6
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnytan06 View Post
Thank you for the reply.
I'm not worry about the dirt but the fact is it seems oily to me. I'm just afraid that there is a leakage of something else.

As for the noise. Can you please explain to me a little bit more? FYI it only happens when I idle.

If the smudge on your finger came from when you swipped it across the black intake manifold, its most likely from when it was detailed by the dealer. Did you just buy it, or is this a recent inspection/discovery?

Armor All and simular products are greasy/oily by nature, and for this reason, I don't like to use them on my vehicles, as they attract dust and dirt.
Old 08-07-2014, 07:18 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Engine bay problem?

It was not on the intake manfold. It is on the engine directly. it's probably from the dealer detail. To confirm it I am going to wipe it clean and see if it occurs again. Thank you.

Old 08-07-2014, 11:18 AM   #8
Staff

Regular
Staff

Region: Connecticut
spray a cool stopped engine with a 30% simple green then light mist with hose. Avoid electrical give it 30 minutes before starting. Engines are water-resistant (think rain/puddles)
Old 08-07-2014, 08:36 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Thank you everyone for explaining the questions to my post! I guess we call armour all ....dressing....in Canada for some reason. And I thought the grease was on the plastic air intake as that was what was showing in the pic.

To continue with the squeak. There is a tsb that gives a range of manufacture date instructing the dealer to replace the belt and idler pulley if the customer complains of a noise. I had mine replaced but it still occasionally does it. If you blip the throttle when at idle so the rpms go up to about 1.9k and then back down to 550. It seems to start the noise. Keep doing it a few times. Anyway. I have done it at the dealership a few times and they shake their head and say....yes I hear it. Last time I came back to pick it up and they said......we changed your dirty air filter and fixed the issue! Anyway.....obviously that did not fix the issue and I am taking it back next week....AGAIN!

I will keep you posted if they fix the issue. There are only about 4 or 5 things connected to the belt so it shouldn't be that hard to narrow things down!

I also called ford customer service and their wonderful suggestion was......if this dealer can't fix it, try another dealer.....

Thanks ford. CUSTOMER SERVICE HELP! Lol.

Old 08-07-2014, 08:41 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Tsb for the engine squeak is. Tsb 12-7-11

---------- Post added at 06:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:40 PM ----------

Thank you everyone for explaining the questions to my post! I guess we call armour all ....dressing....in Canada for some reason. And I thought the grease was on the plastic air intake as that was what was showing in the pic.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang