CAI install and re-tune - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-21-2014, 01:57 PM   #36
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fintile View Post
Bahh!!! My intake came in but it's my fault for being an idiot and buy some ebay knock off. The MAF sensor doesn't fit into the adapter and it has an extra nipple for an automatic. I doubt the automatic transmission has a different sized MAF sensor so that's not the issue. Point is I'm done...again. No more wasting time and money on intakes...
Woh there. Don't go judging all of air intakes off of just 1! What did you get?

05 Gt Premium Performance White, flowmaster outlaws
natestang07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-21-2014, 02:36 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by natestang07 View Post
Woh there. Don't go judging all of air intakes off of just 1! What did you get?

My first intake was an Injen, similar in design to the steeda or BBK but polished and had a small cone filter. It was nice but i didnt feel a whole lot of power once i did a couple WOT pulls on the freeway and it was real boggy down low and in the mid range. then I decided to go with everyone's favorite the Airaid. Got it off someone who had it for less than 500 miles before losing their car. It was a PITA to install and gave me similar power as the Injen but a little more consistently. I don't think the heat shields really work all that well on those things cause it too would bog on me after 10-15 of driving. Mid range was little better than the Injen and I could drop into 4th and feel it a little more than the Injen. Now I was getting tunes swapped out on both and did a KAM reset every time I changed my intakes to compare.drove each a little over 3 weeks. Injen I had for 4 months Airaid for 2. Just didn't like how much low end I lost with them. Swapped it back to stock and saw a noticeable difference in low end. Top end felt flat but from a dead stop I was much happier.

Anyway, after a little over a year I have been seeing some new member adding intakes and tunes and from what they say they notice a huge improvement over just the stock intake with a tune.

So I thought I'd give it another shot (plus I miss the sound they gave off. Nice little gurgle.) I just refuse to buy new again and spend over $150 for plastic piping a filter and a hose.
Old 08-21-2014, 02:43 PM   #38
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Washington
Quote:
My first intake was an Injen, similar in design to the steeda or BBK but polished and had a small cone filter. It was nice but i didnt feel a whole lot of power once i did a couple WOT pulls on the freeway and it was real boggy down low and in the mid range. then I decided to go with everyone's favorite the Airaid. Got it off someone who had it for less than 500 miles before losing their car. It was a PITA to install and gave me similar power as the Injen but a little more consistently. I don't think the heat shields really work all that well on those things cause it too would bog on me after 10-15 of driving. Mid range was little better than the Injen and I could drop into 4th and feel it a little more than the Injen. Now I was getting tunes swapped out on both and did a KAM reset every time I changed my intakes to compare.drove each a little over 3 weeks. Injen I had for 4 months Airaid for 2. Just didn't like how much low end I lost with them. Swapped it back to stock and saw a noticeable difference in low end. Top end felt flat but from a dead stop I was much happier.

Anyway, after a little over a year I have been seeing some new member adding intakes and tunes and from what they say they notice a huge improvement over just the stock intake with a tune.

So I thought I'd give it another shot (plus I miss the sound they gave off. Nice little gurgle.) I just refuse to buy new again and spend over $150 for plastic piping a filter and a hose.
Well I would imagine they would be less effective on the newer ones because of the way the curve back towards the engine. Have you tried removing the silencer off of the stock air box?

natestang07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-21-2014, 02:57 PM   #39
VIG
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Delaware
Quote:
Well I would imagine they would be less effective on the newer ones because of the way the curve back towards the engine. Have you tried removing the silencer off of the stock air box?

This is what I did, and then added the GT sound tube thingy.

$25 for the tube + $15 for the fiberglass kit = $40 for the best of both worlds
Old 08-21-2014, 02:59 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

What do you mean by less effective on the newer ones?

No I did try to do a silencer delete, used old pill bottles to plug the resonators but it didn't boost the sound much or change the power. I think I will try that sound tube install. Saw a video on YouTube and I like what it did. Just gotta find d someone who has one they want to get rid of.
Old 08-21-2014, 03:48 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Quote:
Bahh!!! My intake came in but it's my fault for being an idiot and buy some ebay knock off. The MAF sensor doesn't fit into the adapter and it has an extra nipple for an automatic. I doubt the automatic transmission has a different sized MAF sensor so that's not the issue. Point is I'm done...again. No more wasting time and money on intakes...
Why post this on my thread?

2015 Roush RS1 Premium w PP
Roush Performance upgrade-- Tinted Windows
JLT Catch Can--Ford Racing Strut Brace
Flowmaster scavenger "Y" pipe resonator delete
b2673ad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 06:06 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Opps...I thought this was one of Grabber93s threads.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Tags
cai