New 2014 Ford Mustang V6 Premium Owner - questions - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-07-2014, 07:14 PM   #1

Region: Other
New 2014 Ford Mustang V6 Premium Owner - questions

Hi folks,

I am a proud owner of a new 2014 Ford Mustang V6 Premium. However, i already have regrets of not getting the 'Performance Package', the main reason i live in Ontario Canada and have to drive it through the Winters - it only came with summer tires and no spare etc. etc.

I am already at the point were i would love to put near gears in my car, thinking just the 3.31 (what the performance package has) or may be the 3.55 or whatever - nothing too crazy... as it is my DD vehicle.

I would also like to upgrade the Cold Air Intake, possibly with a Tune and hell maybe also the exhaust...

NOW my main question is i am having a very hard time finding a shop or dealer that will do this for me. And of course i would be voiding the factory warranty???

I live in Southern Ontario, does any body know where i can get this all done???

NOTE: i am new to car parts like this, i am in the I.T. field lol - so i apologize upfront for not knowing what i am talking about, only enough to get in to trouble!
AnotherAvgGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-07-2014, 07:37 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
American muscle.com and yes ur performance package comes w 3.31 gears mine is 2.73

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
elkoritaNAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 07:40 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

I have the 3.55s in my car... My car is a daily driver and i take the occasional long haul trip... i find the 3.55s to be a very good gear... much better than the stock 2.73 while not killing my MPG and keeping the RPMs reasonable when i'm cruising on the expressway for hours on end...

For the intake... i firmly believe that that the stock air box is just fine. I added an AirAid MIT to replace just the stock tube, keeping the stock air box while getting rid of those horrible looking resonators...

As for tune... if you do gears you will need a tune.... I like my MPT tune...

For exhaust... i really like my current set up, which is BBK shorty headers and MRT axle back...

As for warranty... you are in Canada, so not sure how the warranties and the law work there... but here in the States, a mod does not void your entire warranty...

---------- Post added at 08:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:39 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkoritaNAY View Post
American muscle.com and yes ur performance package comes w 3.31 gears mine is 2.73

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
he said he regrets NOT getting the performance packages... so he in fact has 2.73s...

2014 Ingot Silver Vert - MCA Edition

MPT Tuned - MRT Axle Back - MRT Catted H-Pipe - FRPP 3.55
scrming is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-07-2014, 07:49 PM   #4

Thanks for the feedback and recommendations buddy. I wish i was in the USA then if you guys do not void your warranty like it does up here in Canada. I do not understand why it would be different up here in Canada - it is still a Ford policy - weird!

I am going to keep searching for a local place that will do it, at least for the 3.55 gears and tune. My question is, being a newbie, would the Ford Dealership know i did this when i take it in for work? Or are they at the point they 'always' look for Mods on Mustangs! LOL
Old 08-07-2014, 07:56 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
which package did you get though? I have the base v6 premium but it came with all season tires and a spare..

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 using Tapatalk
MPT Performance Tune, AM Laguna Seca Black 19" Rims, Borla Touring Axlebacks, Boss 302 Strut Tower Brace, Airaid Modular Intake Tube, aFe Pro Dry S Air Filter, Mustang GT Grille w/ Foglight Mesh, Taillight Tint, Tinted Door Ventvisors, Diode Dynamics LED's
jayochs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 08:08 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherAvgGuy View Post
Hi folks,

I am a proud owner of a new 2014 Ford Mustang V6 Premium. However, i already have regrets of not getting the 'Performance Package', the main reason i live in Ontario Canada and have to drive it through the Winters - it only came with summer tires and no spare etc. etc.

I am already at the point were i would love to put near gears in my car, thinking just the 3.31 (what the performance package has) or may be the 3.55 or whatever - nothing too crazy... as it is my DD vehicle.

I would also like to upgrade the Cold Air Intake, possibly with a Tune and hell maybe also the exhaust...

NOW my main question is i am having a very hard time finding a shop or dealer that will do this for me. And of course i would be voiding the factory warranty???

I live in Southern Ontario, does any body know where i can get this all done???

NOTE: i am new to car parts like this, i am in the I.T. field lol - so i apologize upfront for not knowing what i am talking about, only enough to get in to trouble!
Welcome AVGGUY,
I can't help you relative to finding someone to do the things you mentioned but I would like to offer some suggestions.
First off...I would think you could get a dealer to do the rear gearing, since this is an option they offer when you buy the car.
As far as the CAI and tune, anyone can do the CAI them selves. Not at all hard to do. The tune is also pretty easy. In addition to the youtube videos that show how it's done, it comes with instructions. I'm sure an IT person would have no problem with that.
The axle back mufflers are also pretty easy if you have access to a socket wrench set with a short extension. In addition to the instruction that come with the mufflers there are various videos kicking around with instructions and tips on how to do it. Actually it's just a matter of disconnecting a flanged connection and wiggling the supports out of their mounts. This is usually made easier by spraying some WD40 on the rubber to act as a lubricant. Then you simply reverse the procedure to put the new mufflers on.
The instructions may not address that you may have a tab of metal that's welded between the old muffler and the clamp that must be reused. Some say to cut this tab with a metal cutting saw but all I did was snapped it off by bending it back and forth a few times. I removed the muffler with the tab attached to the clamp from the car before breaking it loose. don't let the sound of this scare you. When you actually see what I'm talking about it becomes very clear and easy.

Bottom line...get the rear gears done by a professional and do the rest yourself.
Believe me...you can handle it!
Lets not forget, an opinion is a judgment, viewpoint, or statement about matters commonly considered to be subjective.
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 08:10 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayochs View Post
which package did you get though? I have the base v6 premium but it came with all season tires and a spare..

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 using Tapatalk
He got the base. He said he didn't take the performance package because THAT comes with the summer-only tires and no spare.

Sent from my HTCONE using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Sakib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 08:38 PM   #8

To be clear, i got the V6 Premium with the 202A package (Pony Package, which is the same price of the Performance Package)
Old 08-07-2014, 08:50 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Mods don't technically void the warranty in Canada. But....if a mod has been deemed the reason for an issue then they won't cover it.....for example....if you tune your car and break the drive shaft, they will probably not cover it as the tune can take the speed limiter off....but if you tune your car and the abs stops working it will still be covered. Safest thing to do is go back to factory tune before taking it to the dealership!

Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution
mpachal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 08:53 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpachal View Post
Mods don't technically void the warranty in Canada. But....if a mod has been deemed the reason for an issue then they won't cover it.....for example....if you tune your car and break the drive shaft, they will probably not cover it as the tune can take the speed limiter off....but if you tune your car and the abs stops working it will still be covered. Safest thing to do is go back to factory tune before taking it to the dealership!

Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution
Same here in the US, but, as they can in canada, they can tell you tuned the car if they want to find it.
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang