3.7L cyclone V6 performance cams - show your support =) - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-09-2014, 11:00 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
3.7L cyclone V6 performance cams - show your support =)

Hey everyone, I am looking for support from the Mustang community to help support the cyclone 3.7L V6 groups over at fastfordmuscle. We are working on a set of performance cams for the 3.7 Cyclone V6 engine as they are not even an option for this particular engine from anyone right now. We already have a test set made by Crower and are ready to go into our donor car for installation and testing and tuning by Lund, but we need more funding to finish the project so we can get these cams marketed and hopefully into wide distribution. Currently I and a couple of groups are looking for donations if you are interested in donating please visit my Cycloneperformancecams page and click the donate link. Any amount is good.

The cams are a mild build that should be a drop in improvement over stock, we are developing these for N/A builds and will start going into FI and extreme cam builds later after we complete this project.

After the cams are installed, dyno'd and tuned providing we have enough of the funds left over barring break fix issues or other requirements needed (more dyno time etc) we plan on raffling off either ported intakes or an actual set of the cams to a lucky Mustang owner who donated for the cause. Please lend your support.... Thanks for you time guys. Visit the link below for more information and donations.

Ford Mustang 3.7 custom cams by Don Norton - GoFundMe
16 Mustang Ecoboost Prem Fast Back | 2.3L | 3.55 gears | 201A Package | 20" Foundry Wheels P265/35R20 Continental DWS tires | Interior Trim package | Shaker Audio with SYNC 3 | Redline Elite Hood Struts | Mishimoto catch can | Mishimoto Intercooler(Black) | TS Vee port supersonic BOV | Tune+ tuning | Driveshaft Shop aluminum DS | Map big turbo kit | AEM Meth injection w/Mishimoto charge pipe and bung | http://www.youtube.com/user/eclypse3d
3.7Cyclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-09-2014, 11:03 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Hey hey! I donated for the first go around, I'm extremely interested to see how this goes..
Hopefully I'll get to see some FI cams in the future. Turbo cams sound nice :p

Any plans for valvesprings?

The real... boss 227
alrefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 11:19 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Hi this set is the same from that but we did not get enough to finish the last stage which is the install and dyno etc. Not for this set, its is only a .10 increase in valve lift which is still within stock specs, this was specifically to make this a drop in mod and not require stiffer springs, however after this set is done and provided the numbers look good on the dyno we may go a little more extreme which will be a FI set which could also be used NA with the right components (springs etc.) It is in the plans but we need more donations to make this happen. Unfortunately our donor car was not able to find the rest this is why we need more support from the community.

Every bit helps and to be honest this is good for everyone who owns a 3.7 motor imo.
16 Mustang Ecoboost Prem Fast Back | 2.3L | 3.55 gears | 201A Package | 20" Foundry Wheels P265/35R20 Continental DWS tires | Interior Trim package | Shaker Audio with SYNC 3 | Redline Elite Hood Struts | Mishimoto catch can | Mishimoto Intercooler(Black) | TS Vee port supersonic BOV | Tune+ tuning | Driveshaft Shop aluminum DS | Map big turbo kit | AEM Meth injection w/Mishimoto charge pipe and bung | http://www.youtube.com/user/eclypse3d
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-09-2014, 11:21 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

double post wow server kickup'd there.
Old 08-10-2014, 12:25 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.7Cyclone View Post
Hey everyone, I am looking for support from the Mustang community to help support the cyclone 3.7L V6 groups over at fastfordmuscle. We are working on a set of performance cams for the 3.7 Cyclone V6 engine as they are not even an option for this particular engine from anyone right now. We already have a test set made by Crower and are ready to go into our donor car for installation and testing and tuning by Lund, but we need more funding to finish the project so we can get these cams marketed and hopefully into wide distribution. Currently I and a couple of groups are looking for donations if you are interested in donating please visit my Cycloneperformancecams page and click the donate link. Any amount is good.

The cams are a mild build that should be a drop in improvement over stock, we are developing these for N/A builds and will start going into FI and extreme cam builds later after we complete this project.

After the cams are installed, dyno'd and tuned providing we have enough of the funds left over barring break fix issues or other requirements needed (more dyno time etc) we plan on raffling off either ported intakes or an actual set of the cams to a lucky Mustang owner who donated for the cause. Please lend your support.... Thanks for you time guys. Visit the link below for more information and donations.

Ford Mustang 3.7 custom cams by Don Norton - GoFundMe
I know you don't know the answer to this because the cams are not finished but what power numbers are you hoping to improve the 3.7 too with these. How much more HP and torque do you think these cams will give.

I personally would love bigger cams in my 3.7 but at what cost and really how much more power am I getting with those larger cams? Are people gonna see big rwhp gains or what? If the project gets completed and the cams are a success, how much are the those larger cams gonna sell for?

Sent from my naked Johnson. The thrid real non Boss 227
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 01:12 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
I know you don't know the answer to this because the cams are not finished but what power numbers are you hoping to improve the 3.7 too with these. How much more HP and torque do you think these cams will give.

I personally would love bigger cams in my 3.7 but at what cost and really how much more power am I getting with those larger cams? Are people gonna see big rwhp gains or what? If the project gets completed and the cams are a success, how much are the those larger cams gonna sell for?

Sent from my naked Johnson. The thrid real non Boss 227
Correct till they are in, and tuned I have no exact answers for you. However I believe we are looking for anywhere between 20-30 HP/Tq or more just for dropping these in and a tune. No other mods. Then you take your mods into account etc etc.

Price who knows till we get this part finished. Should still be cheaper than 5.0 cams but somewhere in the 500-800 range is expected or better depending on interest etc.

Personally this would be one of the better consistent mods.
Old 08-10-2014, 03:41 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
So let me get this clear, who is going to sell this cams?

Because wow I mean if I were to sell them I would be right now making a party lol customers donating money to create some new products and then on top of that pay 500+ for the parts lol

That doesn't make any sense at all but it is what it is and if people are happy donating money for something that a company should create without asking any money then so be it :p

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Ranger052 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 03:50 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger052 View Post
So let me get this clear, who is going to sell this cams?

Because wow I mean if I were to sell them I would be right now making a party lol customers donating money to create some new products and then on top of that pay 500+ for the parts lol

That doesn't make any sense at all but it is what it is and if people are happy donating money for something that a company should create without asking any money then so be it :p

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
First off we are not a company, we are a community of 3.7 enthusiasts that felt there needs to be a set of cams now. Not another 3 years from now when the manufacturers feel there is enough interest etc. We are ready now for the serious **** =)

Second if you donate $10 it helps, if all you ever donated was $10 to get something to market sooner than later and then paid $500-800 for a set of cams I think that is money well spent. We would like to see some healthy donations but to be honest this is what crowd funding is about. If after testing we get super results we have more wiggle room with these. Heck if we do not even take it to market but do a group buy just to build these ourselves then so be it, but if we get it to market there are other bonuses that outweigh small donations.

Personally I feel 3rd party performance groups are like fair weather fans, then they lose out on other markets they could have been making money on along side the LSx, Coyote, Hemi groups.

It is a worth while project.
Old 08-10-2014, 08:24 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
I donated also for stage 1 (as well as stage 2) which included a new set of cams being sent off and custom ground to spec for our engines, then sent off to the test car.
This is a legit community wide effort with people donating from many different forums and facebook to help fund this. Stage 1 has been completed, now fundraising for stage 2 is going on so we can get these into production for ordering.
If any of you ever hope to have a set of drop in aftermarket cams that uses stock valve train for the 3.7 engine this is going to be the best shot you ever get as it seems Ford is phasing out the 3.7, which means less aftermarket support.
SouthernCyclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 08:29 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Open a kickstarter you can get worldwide funding
somedopebeats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 05:10 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah I was thinking of that two to increase views.
Old 10-03-2014, 02:35 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Any new information on the cams for the 3.7?

Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 03:45 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Kudos for the effort. Those chasing 3.7 performance will be on board. The engine lacks torque in a big way so anything that increases cylinder pressure will certainly help. Like the Intake lobe closing point and overlap numbers. Dollar wise, this will be a challenge. 227 inches is really a small engine.
Black12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 11:57 AM   #14

Region: Missouri
Progress?

Update?
iimohawkii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 01:50 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alaska
Doesn't super six motorsports make cams? Or are they not available yet
ak_stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 04:17 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black12 View Post
Kudos for the effort. Those chasing 3.7 performance will be on board. The engine lacks torque in a big way so anything that increases cylinder pressure will certainly help. Like the Intake lobe closing point and overlap numbers. Dollar wise, this will be a challenge. 227 inches is really a small engine.
See I'm on the opposite end of the spectrum. I think having a 3.7 rev to 8k with bigger cams would be amazing to drive. I understand people want more torque but I think we need to be realistic that this is a v6 and not a massive v8. What we lack in displacement can be made up in revs and flow.
superblur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 07:33 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Mexico
Quote:
Originally Posted by iimohawkii View Post
Update?
Cams were made gains were minimal at best.. before and after runs werent even on the same dyno...

Save your money and take your girl out to dinner cause it isnt worth the investment

2011 Mustang V6 auto/procharger p1sc kit with 3.70 pulley/circle d 3200 stall/4:10 gears/dss aluminum driveshaft/tial q bov/bbk long tubes with catted x pipe/dynomax ultra flo catback/bbk throttle body/accel super coils/cyclone ported upper and lower intake manifolds/brembo front brake kit
INSTAGRAM @2011fastford505
2011fastford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 07:49 PM   #18
Kevin.Cook

Lol cmon man. People have sank huge amounts of money for performance mods that yeild 0 power. I cant imagine this would be any worse. Toss it up there with CAIs and Axlebacks if this is the case.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Old 02-23-2015, 08:41 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Well cost being around 2500$ for less the 10rwhp isnt worth it at all. At least most people can install a cai and exhaust at home...

The power gained is kinda irrelevant based off the dyno runs being on different days and iirc different dynos.

2011 Mustang V6 auto/procharger p1sc kit with 3.70 pulley/circle d 3200 stall/4:10 gears/dss aluminum driveshaft/tial q bov/bbk long tubes with catted x pipe/dynomax ultra flo catback/bbk throttle body/accel super coils/cyclone ported upper and lower intake manifolds/brembo front brake kit
Old 02-23-2015, 08:54 PM   #20
Kevin.Cook

Oh 2500?! I thought they mentioned 500-800. My bad. Yea i'd rather drop 2500 on a full exhaust and full suspension.

Old 02-23-2015, 10:14 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

The cams were around 800-1000 but the install and tuning was pricey..

Old 02-23-2015, 11:19 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Means the cams aren't the bottle neck if that data (what very little there is) is to be believed.
Voltwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 11:37 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
I'm not surprised they made such a small gain on the 3.7's. At the end of the day for N/A engines there is no replacement for displacement. For a smaller engine you really need a turbo or N20 to make power. Now I'm sure if you had a turbo on a stock engine and had a camshaft made for a turbo car you could see 20+ HP from it if you were to replace them.
StarzTA17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 05:22 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voltwings View Post
Means the cams aren't the bottle neck if that data (what very little there is) is to be believed.
Based on what Ginetta is doing with the 3.7 it seems like the intake manifold is the problem at the moment.
superblur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 05:27 PM   #25
Kevin.Cook

Yea I always wondered why noone made custom intake manifolds for the 3.7.

Old 02-24-2015, 05:38 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin.Cook View Post

Its a catch 22. The motor needs to rev high enough to be able to take advantage of it, like the 5.0s going to 7800-8000, which we're still not sure if the 3.7 can do.

Basically, its a chicken or egg type thing. No one wants to see if it can rev that high, because there's currently been no power making reason to do so.... kinda of see how its a cyclical problem. The shape of the manifold itself also isnt terrible, the 3.7 peaks at a later RPM than the 5.0, and i've seen some 3.7s hold power out to almost 7500.

Lastly, a manifold design that can really capitalize top end is going to cause low end to suffer ... something the 3.7 doesnt really have much of to lose. Its just kind of an awkward situation to work around from any angle.
Voltwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 05:49 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
If you want power, procharge or turbo and move on. To build decent NA power after the bolt on's becomes an insanely poor ROI.
paintmann111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 06:06 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Geez all that for what, 10hp? That's a let down.
Tek1836 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 06:08 PM   #29
Kevin.Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tek1836 View Post
Geez all that for what, 10hp? That's a let down.
Go big or go home! Ever hp counts. $5,000 for 1 hp seems like a bargain to me...

(Does sarcasm carry over through messages?)
Old 02-24-2015, 06:19 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Go big or go home! Ever hp counts. $5,000 for 1 hp seems like a bargain to me...

(Does sarcasm carry over through messages?)
Haha yeah I feel the sarcasm. Sadly i have some friends that feel that way
Old 02-24-2015, 09:53 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

You need to buy that $600 air intake!! It will totally boost you up 8hp! (sarcasm)
E_Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 12:21 AM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

jon kerr at race part solutions makes one, landtosea (chris) is running it on his turbo 3.7

Old 02-25-2015, 01:16 AM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by E_Sam View Post
You need to buy that $600 air intake!! It will totally boost you up 8hp! (sarcasm)
This guy lol ^^
I didn't mean you Eli haha
Old 02-25-2015, 03:43 AM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

At 2500 your half way to the turbo and all the torque you can handle! I'm not in unless I win the lotto

Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution
2014_MCA_Vert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 09:45 AM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tek1836 View Post
This guy lol ^^
I didn't mean you Eli haha
I know, i was talking about Gerard
E_Sam is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang