GT Grille for V6 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-11-2014, 05:26 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

GT Grille for V6

Hey all!!

Instead of paying $500+ for the Raxiom GT Grille for the V6 from AM, would I be better off buying the top grille from eBay. Then buying the wiring harness and new cabin switch all separately?

I already bought the halo fogs
from AM. So all I really need is the top grille, wiring harness and OEM switch.

Thoughts???
-S

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
sguevara is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-11-2014, 09:01 AM   #2
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by sguevara View Post
Hey all!!

Instead of paying $500+ for the Raxiom GT Grille for the V6 from AM, would I be better off buying the top grille from eBay. Then buying the wiring harness and new cabin switch all separately?

I already bought the halo fogs
from AM. So all I really need is the top grille, wiring harness and OEM switch.

Thoughts???
-S
This decision is really up to you. I don't think you can go wrong with either option. Option A would be the easiest and most simple way. However, you would save some money if you pieced everything together yourself and made a grille.

Let us know if you can be of any assistance!

-Dan
Bama Direct: 888.226.9764| Mon-Fri 9AM-5:30PM EST
FREE SAME-DAY SHIPPING IN THE US-48 AND PRICE MATCHING!
AMDanBailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 09:09 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Does AM sell the cable by itself? With Option A I end up with two fog lamps that I wouldn't use. Unless I could install them in the lower fog lamp bays on my 2013???

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-11-2014, 09:11 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Also I really would not need the bottom grille. It's too bad AM doesn't sell a bare bones kit (top grille, no lamps, harness and OEM switch.

Option A would leave me with parts I wouldn't use. Make sense?

Old 08-11-2014, 02:20 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Seems to me u already made ur decision

2014 v6 blacked out with dark yellow super snake. airaid cai, bbk tb, bama tunes, 3.73, and magnaflow competition exhaust.
Old 08-11-2014, 08:45 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Just make sure that when you buy the upper grille it comes with the surround. In the v6 the surround is attached to the inner honeycomb part and does not remove from it, whereas with the GT style grille, the surround does come off the honeycomb portion. Some on eBay are just selling the inner honeycomb part without the surround. This alone will not work on your v6. As far as the wiring, I know starkey has a complete plug and play harness for the lower fogs. I'm not sure if the connections are the same for the upper fogs. It also comes with the switch. You might want to look into that.

blp12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 09:44 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
don't mean to jack thread but got a related question, is the wiring harness the same on base as premium or gt , ( are the fog connectors there on a base v6 or will I have to tap into harness) I have a 14 base v6 and have purchased oem take off gt grille and fogs . I haven't pulled panel off to look yet. thanks for any help
2stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 05:39 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Blp12:

Will this one work? I don't see the chrome trim on the upper, but I'd rather not have it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2013-MUSTANG...ht_2035wt_1364

AM wants 699.99 for theirs which includes the $25 switch. Geez. I can do what I want for under $400.

Old 08-12-2014, 07:14 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Blp12:

Will this one work? I don't see the chrome trim on the upper, but I'd rather not have it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2013-MUSTANG...ht_2035wt_1364

AM wants 699.99 for theirs which includes the $25 switch. Geez. I can do what I want for under $400.

So when you're buying a kit like this you shouldn't run into issues like I was talking about with the surround. I have never seen a kit that comes without the surround. And it is not the chrome piece I am talking about. The black piece around the honeycomb will actually come off the GT version, but not the v6 version. However, this kit will not work because the wiring it comes with only works if you already have wiring for your lower fog lights. The wiring in this kit does something to convert the wiring for the upper fogs. This now leads me to think that the starkey wiring alone will not work for you. I'd recommend getting in contact with American Muscle and let them know you just want a wiring harness for your upper grille fogs and see what they say. The Starkey harness costs $190. Then you might need to pay anywhere from $50-$100 for conversion wiring. Find the upper grille alone on eBay for $60 - $100. At worst you will pay about $390. Compared to the $499 that AM and Starkey want for their kit, that's not a bad savings.

blp12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 04:06 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
I'm looking hard at this kit. I want to pull my fogs in the valance and install tubes for brake cooling.

Quote:
Blp12:

2013 Mustang GT Style LED Fog Light Conversion Kit Fits V6 Cali Special | eBay

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang