Video of my 2012 PP with Dynomax Ultraflo catback. - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-12-2014, 11:43 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Video of my 2012 PP with Dynomax Ultraflo catback.

Ok, finally took a video of my car. I like the sound and am really wondering what it'll sound like with either an offroad x or h-pipe. What do you guys think?

2012 Mustang V6 with Dynomax Ultraflo Catback 39507 - YouTube
ponie1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-12-2014, 12:24 PM   #2
Registered Member

Regular

Region: California
Sounds good. An x pipe will most likely make it raspy. It will get loud too. The drone might make you go crazy..
Socal Stangman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 01:08 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
I have the same catback and have been looking into getting a new midpipe for a while now and still haven't been able to decide

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
BlueSkies is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-12-2014, 01:24 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

I am leaning towards an h-pipe because I don't want the rasp. Now, if I could just find a used one...

Jeremy
Old 08-12-2014, 01:28 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
That's what I've been thinking too but I'd have to get a catted h pipe due to emissions checks. I'm not sure if it's be worth switching out to a catted h pipe over stock. I'm mostly just interested in the sound.

BlueSkies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 01:52 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSkies View Post
That's what I've been thinking too but I'd have to get a catted h pipe due to emissions checks. I'm not sure if it's be worth switching out to a catted h pipe over stock. I'm mostly just interested in the sound.

Yeah, I'm not sure what I would do in your situation. I don't have to worry about inspections, so I think I'm gonna go with offroad. I did find a couple discount codes for Lethal Performance. I might just get their h-pipe.

Oh and this has been on my car for over 2 years, in case anyone wonders if it's "broken in".
Old 08-12-2014, 02:16 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by ponie1992 View Post
Yeah, I'm not sure what I would do in your situation. I don't have to worry about inspections, so I think I'm gonna go with offroad. I did find a couple discount codes for Lethal Performance. I might just get their h-pipe.

Oh and this has been on my car for over 2 years, in case anyone wonders if it's "broken in".
I guess stock h pipe from a gt would just do good, and way cheaper than lethals h. Ask your exhaust guy to cut the mufflers off, and replace the section with a straight pipe. If this setup is super loud/raspy for your taste, maybe add a pair of magna packs. It will help

|| ~BlackOnBlack~ ||
bazinga11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 03:25 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bazinga11 View Post
I guess stock h pipe from a gt would just do good, and way cheaper than lethals h. Ask your exhaust guy to cut the mufflers off, and replace the section with a straight pipe. If this setup is super loud/raspy for your taste, maybe add a pair of magna packs. It will help

|| ~BlackOnBlack~ ||
I'm a bit confused by this. Will a GT h-pipe bolt up? By mufflers, did you mean the cats? I'm not sure if that would be cheaper than approximately $218 shipped.

Jeremy
Old 08-12-2014, 04:50 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by ponie1992 View Post
I'm a bit confused by this. Will a GT h-pipe bolt up? By mufflers, did you mean the cats? I'm not sure if that would be cheaper than approximately $218 shipped.

Jeremy
I don't see any reason why it wouldn't, if anything it would require minor fab work to get it bolted on.

Shoot, sorry yes I meant cats lol. You can find a gt take off h pipe for easy $50, the labor to put straight pipes in place of your cats shouldn't be more than $100 or even less if you know someone. So basically it your own off road h pipe setup, if you wanna save a few $$. It's upto you man.

There's a guy finitile(I guess thats his username?) With a similar setup. Maybe he can chime in and give you a better idea.

|| ~BlackOnBlack~ ||
bazinga11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 07:57 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bazinga11 View Post
I don't see any reason why it wouldn't, if anything it would require minor fab work to get it bolted on.

Shoot, sorry yes I meant cats lol. You can find a gt take off h pipe for easy $50, the labor to put straight pipes in place of your cats shouldn't be more than $100 or even less if you know someone. So basically it your own off road h pipe setup, if you wanna save a few $$. It's upto you man.

There's a guy finitile(I guess thats his username?) With a similar setup. Maybe he can chime in and give you a better idea.

|| ~BlackOnBlack~ ||
I need to contact some guys I know that own/operate a muffler/speed shop and see what they say. They might even have a stock GT or V6 pipe laying around. I wouldn't mind trying a stock V6 pipe, remove the cats but keep the resonators. Might keep it toned down a bit.
Old 08-12-2014, 08:01 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Now if I could only get it to sound like this:

1992 Mustang Coupe idle and rev.wmv - YouTube

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang