Jlt cai intake and flowmaster exhaust - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-13-2014, 07:24 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Jlt cai intake and flowmaster exhaust

Good morning everyone. So I have a six speed manual transmission and as I've stated prior my intake came loose over a few months. That problem is now taken care of, but now I can really feel my v6's power. Plus my exhaust doesn't do the grinding or raspy sound at the end, it's all gone. I noticed the initial intake problem because any time I would shift into gear and step on the gas I would hear a lag or a pshhh sound. So any of you out there with this same issue, please read.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
elkoritaNAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-14-2014, 07:35 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by elkoritaNAY View Post
Good morning everyone. So I have a six speed manual transmission and as I've stated prior my intake came loose over a few months. That problem is now taken care of, but now I can really feel my v6's power. Plus my exhaust doesn't do the grinding or raspy sound at the end, it's all gone. I noticed the initial intake problem because any time I would shift into gear and step on the gas I would hear a lag or a pshhh sound. So any of you out there with this same issue, please read.

You know it's funny you say that. I have your exact same setup and I recently feel like i lost power. Specifically when I got the flowmasters installed. I will need to check that everything is connected correctly again.

2013 v6 Black Mustang,JLT CAI, Flowmaster 40 series mufflers
Steven3_7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 07:39 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah man put a zip tie and keep that thing from vibrating

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-14-2014, 07:39 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Where did you put the zip tie? Any photos. I haven't looked yet but I will be within the next hour and I wanna know anything that will help

Old 08-14-2014, 07:46 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

In between the gap in heat shield. Where the part is free to move just settle it there

Old 08-14-2014, 09:08 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

So the filter and tube were both loose. Honestly I think it was my error on installation. Forgot to put the weather strip on the part that surrounds the tube so when I removed it and re-installed I might not have tightened everything down as I should have. Regardless I definitely feel a solid difference. I'm gonna need to find a way to secure the heat shield better and it seems as my front bolt is a wee bit loose. But I couldn't get in there right now and it's 10 o clock. So I will tweak it tomorrow. But glad I finally went under there. Thanks for advising again or I probably would still be waiting on it. Smh.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Tags
cai, exhaust