Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Concern...moded 2013 V6 0-60mph.

5K views 74 replies 29 participants last post by  ArtU 
#1 ·
Ok now I'm concerned...

Per the specs, a 2013 Mustang V6 with premium fuel should be doing about 6 secs from 0-60mph.

Mine has :

- JLT cold air intake
- BBK 73mm throttle body
- PYPES axel back muffler delete exhaust
- BAMA race tune
- AIRAID POWERAID throttle spacer
- running 91 octane fuel

I just did a 0-60 run with the onboard track app the car has, twice, and ended up getting 6.2 and 6.8 as a result.

MAJOR WTF ????

Shouldn't I be doing 5.5 or so ?

Am I doing it wrong ?

This sucks...

See less See more
#2 ·
Manual or Automatic? What tires do you have?

#4 ·
And what suspension mods, if any, do you have?

#6 ·
What tires do you have?

I don't know how I feel ab the JLT intakes on the 2011+... Seems like their dated design just draws hot air instead of pulling from stock grille location. Willing to bet the TB and TB spacer aren't doing a damn thing so scratch those off the list.

Weather is also a factor.

#16 ·
Guys you mentioned WEATHER... I'm in the middle east (dubai, uae). So my car will be slower because it's hot in here?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

#22 ·
The stock converter is EXTREMELY lazy, it also may help to stage the car a bit before you try launching too (left foot on brake, right foot on gas so you just arent leaving off idle, only needs about 1500 rpm or so).

Also, tires, 1/2 a second is not that long in the grand scheme of things, anything other than a perfect launch and you may as well start over.

lastly, suspension, do you have springs, LCA's, most importantly if you're lowered are the LCA brackets? If you're lowered with no brackets the car will squat on shifts and you will definetly lose time there. Also, how are you recording it?

#24 ·
Ok now I'm concerned...

Per the specs, a 2013 Mustang V6 with premium fuel should be doing about 6 secs from 0-60mph.

Mine has :

- JLT cold air intake
- BBK 73mm throttle body
- BAMA race tune
- running 91 octane fuel

I just did a 0-60 run with the onboard track app the car has, twice, and ended up getting 6.2 and 6.8 as a result.

MAJOR WTF ????

Am I doing it wrong ?

Hey Grom,

What tune were you running? Occupants in the car? By chance have you done this while you're running the stock tune? Have you attempted to measure your 0-60 with any other type of device as well?

#25 ·
Does your tune account for your mods? In other words, did you get the BAMA tune first, then get a 73mm throttle body, and not contact BAMA to get your tune adjusted again? Because the mods won't do much--in fact, could even hurt performance--unless the ECU knows how to use them.

#27 ·
Thanks sakib!

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

#28 · (Edited)
Voltwings...cool man, good advice thanks.

As for the JLT CAI...I did some research before buying it and it was putting down 17hp on dyno with no tune...so it looked pretty darn good. I haven't read anything about issues with it, but please forward a link if you have it.

I have stock suspensions and springs. BAMA I called after I got both the throttle body and the spacer and thy said each time there was nothing they could/would change to the tune.

Now I understand that with only these mods I ain't going down to 5 from 6 that the car is declared to do...but damn I should be doing better than the bone stock vehicle !

No passengers, I removed the spare tire and that's about it. Tune is BAMA RACE 91...and I measured it with the car's on board application/tool.

So you're telling me the BAMA RACE tune doesn't work in Sport mode?!?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

#29 ·
A throttle body and spacer will "generally" create less low end torque and are not really needed until you get more air able to flow into and out of the engine. Ported intake and heads for example with headers. In other-words at low speed they may be hurting you.

Others are available to Opine on this.

Art

#34 ·
Ok now I'm concerned...

Mine has :

- JLT cold air intake

- BBK 73mm throttle body

- BAMA race tune

- running 91 octane fuel

MAJOR WTF ????

Am I doing it wrong ?

This sucks...

That's weird, I only have pype bombs, everything else is stock and I average a 5.5 easy.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

#35 ·
OK folks on Intake, NO intake alone on 2011+ will give you more power then the STOCK air-box; what it does give you is some sound. Jay Leno and the Boss 302 engineer talk about this in Jay's Garage videos.

Ford Racing also says anyone that claims to give you power gains on an Intake only could be suspect and may cause issues in your performance. That is why before the 2011 model they gave your an intake but not after that in the Ford Racing performance packs. Now they just give you a filter.

Folks, its all available on the internet , seek and yea shall find...do real research...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.