Boss 227 Build Thread - Page 16 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-27-2014, 07:22 PM   #526
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrming View Post
Already built... in Michigan... Just north of Detroit.... I-696...

Whats the speed limit?

We got the transcanada highway everyone drives fast as f on there but the speed limit isnt higher i dot think
somedopebeats is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-27-2014, 07:36 PM   #527
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by somedopebeats View Post
Whats the speed limit?

We got the transcanada highway everyone drives fast as f on there but the speed limit isnt higher i dot think
speed limit? HA! Maybe more like a speed recommendation....

2014 Ingot Silver Vert - MCA Edition

MPT Tuned - MRT Axle Back - MRT Catted H-Pipe - FRPP 3.55
scrming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 09:04 PM   #528
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by somedopebeats View Post
Whats the speed limit?

It's just 100 on most transcanada hwys here in BC.. 110 once you're far out from the city. Yet there are effing rcmp popos chilling like a duck in their chevys every few kms.

|| ~BlackOnBlack~ ||
bazinga11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-27-2014, 10:03 PM   #529
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
I still want to head up to the track in NH. We had a few in So Cal, Pam on a Speedway was doing 1/4 miles but closed to the public and not sure if it's reopened. Fontana as well. San Diego has an 1/8 at Qualcomm. Not much else considering all the fast and furious Hondas are lurking. Just give them a place to run their low 14s so they don't cause accidents on the freways.
Old 08-27-2014, 10:37 PM   #530
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Quote:
4 hours??? That's a cake walk!

Some of the places i've driven to go drag racing...

Saginaw, MI to Orlando, FL - 18 hours
Saginaw, MI to Atco, NJ - 11 Hours (got caught in snow storm with DRAG RADIALS on!!! WOOOHOOO!!!!)
Saginaw, MI to Mechanicsville, MD - 10 hours
Saginaw, MI to Tulsa, OK - 14 hours

Do you have any 1/8th miles tracks closer?
That I do!
45 mins, keep in mind tho.
I'm a college student, and now I'm even more broke than before, so I really don't want to take any excessive risks

The real... boss 227
alrefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 11:25 PM   #531
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alrefire View Post
That I do!
45 mins, keep in mind tho.
I'm a college student, and now I'm even more broke than before, so I really don't want to take any excessive risks

The real... boss 227
Your kind of past excessive risks since doing the turbo install lol
Old 08-27-2014, 11:51 PM   #532
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fintile View Post
I still want to head up to the track in NH. We had a few in So Cal, Pam on a Speedway was doing 1/4 miles but closed to the public and not sure if it's reopened. Fontana as well. San Diego has an 1/8 at Qualcomm. Not much else considering all the fast and furious Hondas are lurking. Just give them a place to run their low 14s so they don't cause accidents on the freways.
Fontana Speedway opened up a few months back I've been going there like once a month. & it's more like low 15s for most of them! Lmao.
Old 08-27-2014, 11:52 PM   #533
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fintile View Post
Your kind of past excessive risks since doing the turbo install lol
+1 Lmao. Run it!
Old 08-28-2014, 12:44 AM   #534
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
But then you aren't covered if anything happens!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Mustang Evolution mobile app
clamphier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 04:28 AM   #535
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by clamphier View Post
But then you aren't covered if anything happens!

You're assuming he's covered now.... Has he read his insurance policy? I know there are some insurance companies that have in the fine print that modding your vehicle like this will void your policy... Also, if you are careful and are smart of about things, chances are you won't wreck at the track... yes, sh*t happens, but for the most part for him to wreck would really take a serious error on his part...

Old 08-28-2014, 07:04 AM   #536
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
Modifications do not void insurance policies. However, they will only give you the value of the car stock unless you declare the modifications to them. Which of course will raise your rates.

Basically they'll cover you, but won't pay a dime to replace your modifications.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Mustang Evolution mobile app
2011 V6 Race Red - Airaid CAI , BBK 73mm Throttle Body, 3.73 FRPP Gears, BBK Longtube Headers , BBK Off Road X-Pipe , Borla ATAKs , SR Performance Strut Tower Brace, MPT 91R Tune, Powerstop Rotors and pads, JLT Oil Seperator, Koni STR.T Struts & Shocks, Eibach Pro Line Springs, BMR Adjustable Panhard Bar, J&M Caster Camber Plates, Mickey Thompson Street Comps on 19" Laguna Seca Hyper Black Wheels, Several other aesthetic mods
JoeyM91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 07:32 AM   #537
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyM91 View Post
Wrong, modifications do not void insurance policies. However, they will only give you the value of the car stock unless you declare the modifications to them. Which of course will raise your rates.

Basically they'll cover you, but won't pay a dime to replace your modifications.

They bought me a new set of forgestars when I got into my wreck

The real... boss 227
Old 08-28-2014, 07:42 AM   #538
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
They bought me a new set of forgestars when I got into my wreck

The real... boss 227
If they're the same estimated value of your stock parts or less, that's one thing. Keep in mind the list price for OEM parts is crazy. Did you tell them you had them prior to the wreck? Or did they just cut you a check and you bought them again?

2011 V6 Race Red - Airaid CAI , BBK 73mm Throttle Body, 3.73 FRPP Gears, BBK Longtube Headers , BBK Off Road X-Pipe , Borla ATAKs , SR Performance Strut Tower Brace, MPT 91R Tune, Powerstop Rotors and pads, JLT Oil Seperator, Koni STR.T Struts & Shocks, Eibach Pro Line Springs, BMR Adjustable Panhard Bar, J&M Caster Camber Plates, Mickey Thompson Street Comps on 19" Laguna Seca Hyper Black Wheels, Several other aesthetic mods
Old 08-28-2014, 07:47 AM   #539
Registered Member
Regular

You can cover all your after market modifications also. From wheels, exhaust, anything really.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 07:52 AM   #540
Registered Member
Regular

Yea meant while at the track

Old 08-28-2014, 08:16 AM   #541
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by clamphier View Post
Yea meant while at the track

Ahh, I must have not seen that part. Early morning and whatnot. I believe a lot of them would void it if it was at the track. I'm about 90% sure mine does.

People always joke that if you wreck at the track, get someone to tow you to a local road, THEN call the insurance company haha. Not exactly on the up and up and I don't even know if that would work lol

Old 08-28-2014, 09:12 AM   #542
Registered Member
Regular

I didn't say it specifically that was my bad, late night response lol. I was trying to get it right after he said unneeded risk!

Old 08-28-2014, 08:32 PM   #543
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Modifications do not void insurance policies. However, they will only give you the value of the car stock unless you declare the modifications to them. Which of course will raise your rates.

It varies from company to company, policy to policy....

Read this article:

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/05/11/au...anted=all&_r=0

Here is one quick example:

Mercury Insurance Company v. Markham started as an accident in 2002. It began wending its way through the court system in 2009, went to appeal in 2010 and still isn't done yet.

The insured, Michael Roberts, purchased an insurance policy from his agent for his Ford F-250 truck (in 2002).
A question on the Mercury application asked whether the vehicle had been "rebuilt, salvaged, modified, altered or specifically built/customized". Mr. Roberts answered 'no' to this question. However this was not accurate. He had put on a lift kit and replaced the stock tires and wheels with oversized tires/wheels.
Mercury's underwriting rules specifically instructed their agents to refuse to offer coverage in the event that someone answers 'yes' to the above question.
Philip Markham - a 3rd party - was injured when his foot and ankle was run over by Mr. Roberts' truck. He filed a claim for his injury.
When Mercury Insurance learned of the modifications, they rescinded the policy (cancelled it as if it never existed) and refunded the premium paid for it back to Mr. Roberts. Lacking the existence of a policy, Mercury refused any further involvement.
Mr. Roberts settled personally with Mr. Markham in the amount of $350,000. The settlement allowed Mr. Markham to proceed against Mercury in a further attempt to collect additional funds.

Should I Report My Car's Mods?

Old 08-28-2014, 09:13 PM   #544
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
It varies from company to company, policy to policy....

Read this article:

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/05/11/au...anted=all&_r=0

Here is one quick example:

Mercury Insurance Company v. Markham started as an accident in 2002. It began wending its way through the court system in 2009, went to appeal in 2010 and still isn't done yet.

The insured, Michael Roberts, purchased an insurance policy from his agent for his Ford F-250 truck (in 2002).
A question on the Mercury application asked whether the vehicle had been "rebuilt, salvaged, modified, altered or specifically built/customized". Mr. Roberts answered 'no' to this question. However this was not accurate. He had put on a lift kit and replaced the stock tires and wheels with oversized tires/wheels.
Mercury's underwriting rules specifically instructed their agents to refuse to offer coverage in the event that someone answers 'yes' to the above question.
Philip Markham - a 3rd party - was injured when his foot and ankle was run over by Mr. Roberts' truck. He filed a claim for his injury.
When Mercury Insurance learned of the modifications, they rescinded the policy (cancelled it as if it never existed) and refunded the premium paid for it back to Mr. Roberts. Lacking the existence of a policy, Mercury refused any further involvement.
Mr. Roberts settled personally with Mr. Markham in the amount of $350,000. The settlement allowed Mr. Markham to proceed against Mercury in a further attempt to collect additional funds.

Should I Report My Car's Mods?
There is one thing that sticks out to me in that case and something the insurance company could base their argument on. The lift kit itself and bigger tires led to less visibility, increasing the odds of him running over someone's foot.

Now if it's a modification that has nothing to do with the accident, what grounds do they have to "void" the policy?

As far as if are fire's turbo explodes, that's obviously not going to be covered because it caused the incident. However, in the event of a normal accident, his fault or not, shouldn't be voided.

Old 08-28-2014, 09:33 PM   #545
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
There is one thing that sticks out to me in that case and something the insurance company could base their argument on. The lift kit itself and bigger tires led to less visibility, increasing the odds of him running over someone's foot.

Now if it's a modification that has nothing to do with the accident, what grounds do they have to "void" the policy?

As far as if are fire's turbo explodes, that's obviously not going to be covered because it caused the incident. However, in the event of a normal accident, his fault or not, shouldn't be voided.

At some point in time I plan on getting good insurance...
And by some point in time I mean when I'm actually working in my desired field.. and not doing this part time stuff because mustang.

The real... boss 227
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1409279607873.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	63.9 KB
ID:	164621  
Old 08-29-2014, 04:27 AM   #546
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Key word is "shouldn't"... base on the article and others i've found, some policies are written with such complicated language, a mod like a turbo could in fact cause the insurance company to cancel your policy...

Also found this one:

"like AAA Insurance in Michigan. “Here at AAA Michigan, we will cover a car beyond whatever the factory has installed up to $1,000,” said Nancy Cain, a company spokeswoman."

"You also need to check your existing policy to see what is and what is not covered.

The critical passages to read? “There are conditions, then there are exclusions, then there are exceptions to exclusions,” said Jonathan G. Stein, a lawyer in Elk Grove, Calif., who represents drivers in insurance cases.

Beware of broad exemptions. Many contracts exclude “racing parts” without noting what they are. A tachometer? Grippy tires? A supercharger? Ask your agent for a definition in writing."

the full article: http://www.nytimes.com/2008/05/11/au...ted=print&_r=0

You took the position that:

"Modifications do not void insurance policies. However, they will only give you the value of the car stock unless you declare the modifications to them. Which of course will raise your rates."

I'm simply pointing out things are definitely not that cut and dry!!!! There is no way you can apply such a blanket statement to car insurance.

Old 08-29-2014, 06:36 AM   #547
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Esurance covers me for X amount in "aftermarket" parts. None of them really cause a risk, but that would be something I would review in the case of turbo charging. I have NEVER heard of a company offering car insurance that covers track use at the same price. If it is "the same price" I imagine that company drastically overcharges in general.

Luke 11:9-10 “So I say to you ...*search and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.

My sponsor, Tokkyo Nutrition, offers 50% off your entire order with the code "PowerHouse"
UltArc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 08:02 AM   #548
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltArc View Post
Esurance covers me for X amount in "aftermarket" parts. None of them really cause a risk, but that would be something I would review in the case of turbo charging. I have NEVER heard of a company offering car insurance that covers track use at the same price. If it is "the same price" I imagine that company drastically overcharges in general.

Luke 11:9-10 “So I say to you ...*search and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.
You can get specialty insurance that'll cover your mods and will cover your track days

The real... boss 227
Old 08-29-2014, 08:40 AM   #549
Registered Member
Regular

Well....
They'll for sure cover your mods... not sure about on the track

The real... boss 227
Old 08-29-2014, 09:08 AM   #550
Registered Member
Regular

LPF 3.7L Mustang Turbo Install "Boss 227"

Quote:
Well....
They'll for sure cover your mods... not sure about on the track

The real... boss 227

Yep, some do and some don't. USAA told me they would cover up to $10K in mods then I saw where it was in the writing. Problem is after that I'm on my own if my mods cost more than that. Absolutely no track use coverage.
AJcruz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 09:15 AM   #551
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJcruz1 View Post
Yep, some do and some don't. USAA told me they would cover up to $10K in mods then I saw where it was in the writing. Problem is after that I'm on my own if my mods cost more than that. Absolutely no track use coverage.
I know companies like hagerty and grundy will work with you on mods, because they're "specialty" insurance companies. I've read that you can get supplemental track insurance, but i bet it costs a ton.

The real... boss 227
Old 08-29-2014, 09:41 AM   #552
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Since we are on insurance..

I have Progressive and they cover everything on my Z28. As long as I have a receipt and have some way of identifying parts, they will cover it. Last I checked, they were covering over $7,000 in mods on that car alone and I don't think I'm paying anything extra for it.

They also cover mods on all of my quads. So if one of my quads were to be stolen, I would get the price for the quad plus the price for all of the mods. Which between the two quads is over $10,000. I think I might pay extra for that but I think they cover $3,500 in motorcycle/ATV/dirt bike mods.
Old 08-29-2014, 09:45 AM   #553
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ish416 View Post
Since we are on insurance..

I have Progressive and they cover everything on my Z28. As long as I have a receipt and have some way of identifying parts, they will cover it. Last I checked, they were covering over $7,000 in mods on that car alone and I don't think I'm paying anything extra for it.

They also cover mods on all of my quads. So if one of my quads were to be stolen, I would get the price for the quad plus the price for all of the mods. Which between the two quads is over $10,000. I think I might pay extra for that but I think they cover $3,500 in motorcycle/ATV/dirt bike mods.
3 months ago, my mom asked our insurance company (gieco) if they would cover a turbo -.-
They said no, and that they only cover cosmetic modifications (wheels included) and audio. They said any modification to any performance aspect of the vehicle isn't covered.

I've got the perfect ricer insurance... too bad I'm not a ricer..

The real... boss 227
Old 08-29-2014, 09:55 AM   #554
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
3 months ago, my mom asked our insurance company (gieco) if they would cover a turbo -.-
They said no, and that they only cover cosmetic modifications (wheels included) and audio. They said any modification to any performance aspect of the vehicle isn't covered.

The real... boss 227
They must cover soooooo many Honda Civics.

Old 08-29-2014, 10:23 AM   #555
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:

The real... boss 227
They cover everything from the nitrous setup to the heads and valve springs to the drive shaft safety loop. Basically, if I have a receipt and a picture of it in or on the car, it's covered.

Several years ago, my aunt backed over my Z28 in her Jeep Liberty and I do mean backed over it (her rear tire was through the window on the hatch). There was over $7,000 in damage and they estimated the car was valued around $10,000. They were going to total it, however, the car also had all of the mods insured on it raising the value of the car to the point that it wouldn't be totaled, or so they said.

I think it was just their way of not having to pay an F ton of money for a totaled car with mods when they knew they would lose their asses on it.
Old 08-29-2014, 12:55 PM   #556
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ish416 View Post
They cover everything from the nitrous setup to the heads and valve springs to the drive shaft safety loop. Basically, if I have a receipt and a picture of it in or on the car, it's covered.

Several years ago, my aunt backed over my Z28 in her Jeep Liberty and I do mean backed over it (her rear tire was through the window on the hatch). There was over $7,000 in damage and they estimated the car was valued around $10,000. They were going to total it, however, the car also had all of the mods insured on it raising the value of the car to the point that it wouldn't be totaled, or so they said.

I think it was just their way of not having to pay an F ton of money for a totaled car with mods when they knew they would lose their asses on it.
Yea, but that's assuming that the insurance company knows and incorporates the value of the mods in your rates. For example if you have a car valued at 2,000 book value and pay rates for a car valued at 2,000. If it gets totaled you cant suddenly give them receipts for 20,000 and expect a 22,000 payoff.

Most insurance companies will insure any additional amount over book value given you have receipts and proof beforehand and pay the additional fee for the additional coverage.
StarzTA17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 02:23 PM   #557
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
I think esurance only goes to about 7k. Enough for me. I am sure it costs more, but I have always had it.

My sponsor, Tokkyo Nutrition, offers 50% off your entire order with the code "PowerHouse"
UltArc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 08:01 PM   #558
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Michigan
Quote:
I've read that you can get supplemental track insurance, but i bet it costs a ton.

The real... boss 227
The supplemental track insurance isn't all that expensive. Last time I checked it was only about $500 for the season. The track has to be sanctioned though so if it is a drag strip and not NHRA or IHRA, then the insurance won't cover you. You select the option to cover you in the pits and on the track, or just on the track.

I'll have to find the website again and post it. With the car down this year I haven't had to go to it at all.
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 08:08 PM   #559
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimC View Post
The supplemental track insurance isn't all that expensive. Last time I checked it was only about $500 for the season. The track has to be sanctioned though so if it is a drag strip and not NHRA or IHRA, then the insurance won't cover you. You select the option to cover you in the pits and on the track, or just on the track.

I'll have to find the website again and post it. With the car down this year I haven't had to go to it at all.
Thank you so much!

The real... boss 227
Old 08-29-2014, 10:10 PM   #560
Registered Member
Regular

Update!
My friend is letting me use his go pro on monday! I will have vids monday afternoon

The real... boss 227

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang