Boss 227 Build Thread - Page 34 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-21-2015, 11:16 PM   #1156
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Remember, MMR calls for .002-.003 clearance. Stock is .0015. I'm choosing tighter as it's not a high rpm at all the time
Advertisement

Old 04-27-2015, 02:23 PM   #1157
Registered Member
Regular

I don't think I'm going to be boosted anytime soon. Anyone want to buy Jack's IM for FI?
Requires the use of a gt throttle body. $750 shipped

I may also sell my forged internals. Stock Cr, stock bore. They are brand new. $1550 shipped. They are same price as mmr, but you aren't going to end up waiting 3-9 months.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Mustang Evolution mobile app
alrefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 11:18 AM   #1158
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by alrefire View Post
I don't think I'm going to be boosted anytime soon. Anyone want to buy Jack's IM for FI?
Requires the use of a gt throttle body. $750 shipped

I may also sell my forged internals. Stock Cr, stock bore. They are brand new. $1550 shipped. They are same price as mmr, but you aren't going to end up waiting 3-9 months.

If you don't mind me asking, what happened for the big changes? Speed bumps happen man, hope to see you back at it soon.
Zombiefro is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-28-2015, 04:44 PM   #1159
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombiefro View Post
If you don't mind me asking, what happened for the big changes? Speed bumps happen man, hope to see you back at it soon.

It's oil thirsty

Bullitts are better than Bullets

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 06:12 PM   #1160
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombiefro View Post
Different car. We'll see how the next few weeks play out....
I just need to back up and forget about cars for like 2 weeks

---------- Post added at 06:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:11 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
It's oil thirsty

Bullitts are better than Bullets

The new motor is.
I may end up building the new motor just so that I can put it in this car.

Old 04-29-2015, 12:21 AM   #1161
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Mexico
or you'll just sell the stuff to me...

2011 Mustang V6 auto/procharger p1sc kit with 3.70 pulley/circle d 3200 stall/4:10 gears/dss aluminum driveshaft/tial q bov/bbk long tubes with catted x pipe/dynomax ultra flo catback/bbk throttle body/accel super coils/cyclone ported upper and lower intake manifolds/brembo front brake kit
INSTAGRAM @2011fastford505
2011fastford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 11:09 PM   #1162
Registered Member

Regular

Region: North Carolina
So I have a question, White Lightning,Alefire. Would you two be offended if I made a build that looked similar to your BOSS 227 build, White Lightning more in particular? White Lightning actually what I named mine, before I even seen this thread, when I bought it brand new in November, I have a 2014 V6, and is oxford white like yours, and I really like what you have done. I have been looking into the lpf turbo since I got my car,as it is either that or the procharger, and even though it will be probably next year at the earliest before I do something that major. What advice would you have to give since you two have took on the task, what if, any, mistakes did you make that, others maybe could avoid when doing something like what you did? I have been trying to find some inspiration on what to do with my car, so it just doesn't look like every other mustang out there, I live in NC and around me I see tons of Roush's so that is over done, I really like the uniqueness of your BOSS 227 project, and of course I am sure mine will not be the same as yours as we all have different tastes. I will be reading through this thread in it's entirety at some point,their are a lot of pages, but I will try to go through and see some of what you did, so I don't ask you questions a thousand other people already may have.
alucard3600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 01:29 AM   #1163
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Mexico
they might be offended if you put the real boss 227 in your sig

trololololololol

2011 Mustang V6 auto/procharger p1sc kit with 3.70 pulley/circle d 3200 stall/4:10 gears/dss aluminum driveshaft/tial q bov/bbk long tubes with catted x pipe/dynomax ultra flo catback/bbk throttle body/accel super coils/cyclone ported upper and lower intake manifolds/brembo front brake kit
INSTAGRAM @2011fastford505
2011fastford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 02:56 AM   #1164
Registered Member

Regular

No, I wouldn't do that lol, and I just spent the last 3 hours reading this freakin thread lol! And that tuner you took your care to was a freaking dirt bag! I am glad I have a place near me called Prodyno that deals in nothing but mustangs. I dynoed my car about 2 weeks ago and got 270 rwhp in a 2014 v6 automatic, with an Airraid CAI,and a Bama tune. So I'm confused with what Alrefire was trying to do after he sold his turbo, were you trying to go N/A and build the motor that way?
Old 04-30-2015, 08:21 AM   #1165
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by alucard3600 View Post
No, I wouldn't do that lol, and I just spent the last 3 hours reading this freakin thread lol! And that tuner you took your care to was a freaking dirt bag! I am glad I have a place near me called Prodyno that deals in nothing but mustangs. I dynoed my car about 2 weeks ago and got 270 rwhp in a 2014 v6 automatic, with an Airraid CAI,and a Bama tune. So I'm confused with what Alrefire was trying to do after he sold his turbo, were you trying to go N/A and build the motor that way?
Just prepare for a lot of crap for having that.
And why would I stress over it? It's your car :p
To me, the "boss 227" stands for a high performance v6.
It hasn't been that way for a while... but you get the point.

And pictures this weekend, if everything works out.

Old 04-30-2015, 11:58 AM   #1166
Registered Member
Regular

The one thing I pulled from airfires experience is I would have it installed and tuned by the party selling you the kit! Not a knock on anybody! When o do it ....only then will I be able to say that's good advice.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
sticks123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 12:03 PM   #1167
Registered Member
Regular

Boss 227 Build Thread

Quote:
So I have a question, White Lightning,Alefire. Would you two be offended if I made a build that looked similar to your BOSS 227 build, White Lightning more in particular? White Lightning actually what I named mine, before I even seen this thread, when I bought it brand new in November, I have a 2014 V6, and is oxford white like yours, and I really like what you have done. I have been looking into the lpf turbo since I got my car,as it is either that or the procharger, and even though it will be probably next year at the earliest before I do something that major. What advice would you have to give since you two have took on the task, what if, any, mistakes did you make that, others maybe could avoid when doing something like what you did? I have been trying to find some inspiration on what to do with my car, so it just doesn't look like every other mustang out there, I live in NC and around me I see tons of Roush's so that is over done, I really like the uniqueness of your BOSS 227 project, and of course I am sure mine will not be the same as yours as we all have different tastes. I will be reading through this thread in it's entirety at some point,their are a lot of pages, but I will try to go through and see some of what you did, so I don't ask you questions a thousand other people already may have.

Go procharger for a safer route. I modeled mine after a 1969 boss 302. Turbo for these cars is a very custom job at this point, so boost is procharger or do a nitrous setup.
Old 04-30-2015, 12:36 PM   #1168
Registered Member
Regular

Lpf install and tune was very reasonable at 1000.00 when I talked to them.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
sticks123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 02:47 PM   #1169
Registered Member

Regular

Yea I have thought about Nitrous, but I have never been a big fan of horsepower in a bottle, not to mention where I live there is no place to get it refilled. It is really no big deal though, as FI will be one of the last things I do to my car. Before I stumbled onto this thread yesterday I was at a ford dealer ship oddly enough with my cousin as he was picking up a used Camaro SS, and I was looking at some Mustangs with the BOSS stripes and was thinking just how bad *** it looked. Now WhiteLightning do you have the BOSS rear diffuser and Front Fascia?
Old 04-30-2015, 03:55 PM   #1170
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yea I have thought about Nitrous, but I have never been a big fan of horsepower in a bottle, not to mention where I live there is no place to get it refilled. It is really no big deal though, as FI will be one of the last things I do to my car. Before I stumbled onto this thread yesterday I was at a ford dealer ship oddly enough with my cousin as he was picking up a used Camaro SS, and I was looking at some Mustangs with the BOSS stripes and was thinking just how bad *** it looked. Now WhiteLightning do you have the BOSS rear diffuser and Front Fascia?
Yea he does.
I have the boss 302 (non ls) splitter, and he doesnt.
My rear valence is painted too, whereas his is not.
I need to paint my side skirts too haha

Old 04-30-2015, 06:53 PM   #1171
Registered Member

Regular

Alrefire and Whitelightning or I guess anyone else that is interested, I have a build thread in another place if you would like to take a look at it, I don't really know the rules about posting links on this site, but I'm just too lazy to go through the trouble of copying everything over to have two different posts to deal with XD. I am like alot of people on here I guess, I switch between different forums. But getting past that, Alrefire yours is a 2011 right? I don't think I can get the Fascia its self for the 14 but I can do the splitter. Also which side skirts do you have, did they make BOSS side skirts?
Old 04-30-2015, 10:54 PM   #1172
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Alrefire and Whitelightning or I guess anyone else that is interested, I have a build thread in another place if you would like to take a look at it, I don't really know the rules about posting links on this site, but I'm just too lazy to go through the trouble of copying everything over to have two different posts to deal with XD. I am like alot of people on here I guess, I switch between different forums. But getting past that, Alrefire yours is a 2011 right? I don't think I can get the Fascia its self for the 14 but I can do the splitter. Also which side skirts do you have, did they make BOSS side skirts?
2012. Stock side skirts, I just need to paint them.

Old 04-30-2015, 11:13 PM   #1173
Registered Member

Regular

Ah ok, been thinking about going with some nice Roush side skirts.
Mods: Cervini Stalker Hood, Roush highflow upper and lower grill, AirRaid CAI, LMR strut tower brace,Mac LT headers,Mac Prochamber, Kooks Highflow Cats,Dynomax Race Bullets (resonators), 2.5 o/a pipes, 2011 Gt500 Axlebacks, MPT 93 performance tune.
Old 05-01-2015, 06:57 AM   #1174
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Ah ok, been thinking about going with some nice Roush side skirts.
The roush side skirts are a stick on part, they do not replace your existing ones.

Old 05-01-2015, 07:25 AM   #1175
Registered Member

Regular

Yea, they just attach under your existing ones right? Still though that is probably as far as I would go, unless it just looks so much better with the skirts painted black.
Mods: Cervini Stalker Hood, Roush highflow upper and lower grill, AirRaid CAI, LMR strut tower brace,Mac LT headers,Mac Prochamber, Kooks Highflow Cats,Dynomax Race Bullets (resonators), 2.5 o/a pipes, 2011 Gt500 Axlebacks, MPT 93 performance tune.
Old 05-01-2015, 10:03 AM   #1176
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

They are oem and I'm doing the Roush side splitters. Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1430492506.898158.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	71.6 KB
ID:	181534Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1430492517.083604.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	68.4 KB
ID:	181535

For a 13-14 you'll need the boss grille, lower fogs, and the complete kit is around 600. When my car was hit and nearly totaled earlier this year, I began pricing the 2013 options in case my 2011 was totaled
Old 05-13-2015, 07:52 PM   #1177
Registered Member
Regular

Turbo sold
Onto building something fast

Old 05-13-2015, 08:09 PM   #1178
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by alrefire View Post
Turbo sold
Onto building something fast

Going back to Henson?
natestang07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 09:05 PM   #1179
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by natestang07 View Post
Going back to Henson?
Jms

Old 05-17-2015, 03:16 PM   #1180
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitelightning View Post
They are oem and I'm doing the Roush side splitters. Attachment 181534Attachment 181535

For a 13-14 you'll need the boss grille, lower fogs, and the complete kit is around 600. When my car was hit and nearly totaled earlier this year, I began pricing the 2013 options in case my 2011 was totaled
What county in Alabama do you live in I'm from Lee county 43

bamaboy2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 03:39 PM   #1181
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamaboy2014 View Post
What county in Alabama do you live in I'm from Lee county 43

I reside in Tuscaloosa
Old 05-17-2015, 10:34 PM   #1182
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitelightning View Post
I have the roush grilles I will probably keep on,and I am thinking about the roush lower fog lights, but since my car didn't come with fogs, will I have to buy another harness to hook them up or would the ones they come with work?
Old 05-18-2015, 09:56 AM   #1183
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I have the roush grilles I will probably keep on,and I am thinking about the roush lower fog lights, but since my car didn't come with fogs, will I have to buy another harness to hook them up or would the ones they come with work?

Yeah you'll have to buy a new harness, just to save the headache. I did a starkey harness and it comes with an oem switch. Also allows the high beam to be on with fog lights
Old 05-19-2015, 08:45 PM   #1184
Registered Member
Regular

I have some new parts coming in next week

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1432086284915.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	60.9 KB
ID:	182962  
Old 05-25-2015, 11:28 PM   #1185
Registered Member
Regular

The most important package for this build comes in tomorrow! I'll post pictures when I get it

Old 05-25-2015, 11:51 PM   #1186
Registered Member

Regular

Can't wait to see what you got!
Old 05-26-2015, 08:25 PM   #1187
Registered Member
Regular

Pics after gym

Old 05-26-2015, 09:05 PM   #1188
Registered Member
Regular

Jmp turbo kit

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1432692223938.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	119.1 KB
ID:	183447   Click image for larger version

Name:	1432692239036.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	88.3 KB
ID:	183448  

Name:	1432692260566.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	104.9 KB
ID:	183449   Click image for larger version

Name:	1432692266497.jpg
Views:	79
ID:	183450  

Name:	1432692275603.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	116.0 KB
ID:	183451   Click image for larger version

Name:	1432692289342.jpg
Views:	84
ID:	183452  

Name:	1432692306255.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	83.9 KB
ID:	183453  
Old 05-26-2015, 09:05 PM   #1189
Registered Member
Regular

I need to pick out an actual turbo.
I'm thinking of getting a precision 6266.
I also need to get a bov flange welded on.
Also looking to sell the 65dw injectors that came with it. I need much bigger injectors

Old 05-26-2015, 10:16 PM   #1190
Registered Member
Regular

Now for the review of my dealings with lpf....

Originally I felt like I was getting a good deal.
Now that I've taken a step back and actually assessed my situation, I realized that I saved 200 bucks, and waited 10 months (while being out 5600) to receive a kit that was meh to begin with.
The coating was flaked off when I received it. I never received my heat blanket. They sent me id850s when I paid for id1000s, they never sent the air filter. To make it worse, they didn't even attempt to follow up with ups after their ****ty shipped box came open and was missing half my stuff. I paid 20 bucks for them to supply the missing parts (which I shouldn't have paid).
On top of that, I got excuse after excuse. They never answered or returned my calls. And ignored my messages for months.

no ill feelings towards connor. I honestly believe that if it wasn't for him, I wouldn't have received the kit. He's helped me out, and was the one who'd answer me when Justin didn't (99% of the time) although there wasn't much he could do to speed up the process, he tried his best, and I appreciate that.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang