New mods picked up! - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-17-2014, 12:11 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Put the mirror covers on! Instructions can not be simpler and the whole process is pop old ones off put new ones on. Couldn't be easier, right?
Wrong. The instructions say "old ones should slide right off, if not use a flat head to Gently lift them off"
Surprise. Old ones wouldn't come off. After 10 minutes of literally shoving a flat head in there and pushing all my weight to lever it and smack it and everything else in the world they finally came off.
Right cover snapped directly into place in literally a second.
Left one? Nope.
Spent another 10 minutes trying to get it on. This thing just wouldn't freaking go on. Everything was lined up. Slid it on, no click. Something was wrong with the mirror cover and the part where it's supposed to click into your mirror wouldn't click, it was too small.... I literally pushed this thing for 10 minutes I was worried I would break my mirror off.... I also did not want to smash the thing so I couldn't return it.
After 10 minutes I just got so mad and said F it and just smacked the thing as hard as I could until it snapped on. The edge of it won't line up still but you can't notice it. Literally can't get it off to put it back on. Guess it's a good thing I like them because that mirror cover is not coming off besides smashing it with a hammer.
All in all, a simple 5 minute install turned into 30 minutes of cursing and sweating... But I got them on
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1408295324.528787.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	1.56 MB
ID:	163662
Before

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1408295354.768012.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	800.8 KB
ID:	163663
After

I really like the look of these! They make the car look more refined/expensive/high end if that makes sense. Really evens out the flow of the car top to bottom on the front end. Sucks that I got a bad pair, but I didn't want to ship them back, get a new pair, and repeat. Plus my stock ones were not going back on and I didn't want to drive around with out mirror covers for a few days. Let me know what you guys think!

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Advertisement

Old 08-17-2014, 12:13 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Mirror covers look great!! Lol sucks about the install tho. Gotta love aftermarket fitment!!
somedopebeats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 12:23 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by somedopebeats View Post
Mirror covers look great!! Lol sucks about the install tho. Gotta love aftermarket fitment!!
I'm super happy with the look of them... glad I took some people on here's advice on them and spent the $. Really helps the look of the car out. They really make a huge difference in colors like Grabber blue because the stock plastic black ones stand out so much more and look so cheap...
And about the exhaust: I am personally totally turned off from Pypes after having their axleback. I would just spend the extra $150 and get the Borla CB or get something custom fabbed. With letting your exhaust flow.... I really don't think I will benefit from it as I have the catalytic converters on. Maybe with a cat delete mid pipe or high flow cat's in combination with a bigger TB I would get a few HP out of it, but I have to have cat's on in NYS and high flow cat's aren't in the budget right now. It's get the Borla's on, ceramic headers, front end conversion, then LCA's, then save for a procharger/turbo kit. I really stick to my build list and do hours of research on everything before making decisions. Wish they had a procharger booth at the AM show. I have only been modding my car for about 5 months now, and I've done so much in such little time thanks to laying out a strict build list and order, shopping for the best deals possible, and taking the advice of people on here. If you don't have a build list and order written out, I highly recommend doing so. It will save you a lot of $ and time!
Advertisement

Old 08-17-2014, 12:33 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Does anyone know how to remove the faux gascap on the '12 mustangs? My trufiber did not come with instructions... advice is very much appreciated.
Old 08-17-2014, 12:47 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue1993 View Post
Does anyone know how to remove the faux gascap on the '12 mustangs? My trufiber did not come with instructions... advice is very much appreciated.
Fishing line.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 12:50 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post
Fishing line.

Thanks! I could only find instructions for the 13-14 and those involved taking off the entire decklid. I am going to try fishing wire and then a plastic spatula or sptula with some cardboard underneath. After I get it off I should be fine to use the application pen supplied and just put the Trufiber one on with the supplied 3M, nothing else?
Old 08-17-2014, 12:59 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
After I get it off I should be fine to use the application pen supplied and just put the Trufiber one on with the supplied 3M, nothing else?
That's right.

Old 08-17-2014, 01:12 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
You sure a Procharger is legal in NY?
Old 08-17-2014, 01:15 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

This thing does not wanna F'ing come off. Bent the spatula already

Old 08-17-2014, 01:23 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1408299776.882317.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	847.0 KB
ID:	163667
Victory. Now just pop the Trufiber one on?

Old 08-17-2014, 01:26 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Yes sir, the black is paint correct?

Old 08-17-2014, 01:29 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1408300176.387272.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	874.4 KB
ID:	163668
Plastidip that I just removed !

Old 08-17-2014, 01:30 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

oh ok lol. Yes just slap the new one on now.

Old 08-17-2014, 01:33 PM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

you Did a good job with the plasti dip though. Looked like matte paint from my phone.

Old 08-17-2014, 01:37 PM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
Haha, could have warned you about those mirror covers. Did mine after a lot of swearing and tugging and pushing.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Mustang Evolution mobile app
2011 V6 Race Red - Airaid CAI , BBK 73mm Throttle Body, 3.73 FRPP Gears, BBK Longtube Headers , BBK Off Road X-Pipe , Borla ATAKs , SR Performance Strut Tower Brace, MPT 91R Tune, Powerstop Rotors and pads, JLT Oil Seperator, Koni STR.T Struts & Shocks, Eibach Pro Line Springs, BMR Adjustable Panhard Bar, J&M Caster Camber Plates, Mickey Thompson Street Comps on 19" Laguna Seca Hyper Black Wheels, Several other aesthetic mods
JoeyM91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 01:37 PM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

Get it on there now

Old 08-17-2014, 01:53 PM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks! I dip a lot of things and a few cars, I actually did that with just a rattle can lol.
Sorry for the delay, took a water break then couldn't get it to sit even on the panel and had to keep tearing it up and re applying it so it would be as close to perfect as I could get it, than had to clean all the residue from the 3m off and take some pics! It looks really really good. I'm quite happy with it! Next is the Roush rear diffuser which will finish my rear conversion.

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1408301574.129295.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	939.8 KB
ID:	163669

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1408301585.406999.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	1.02 MB
ID:	163670
Let me know what you guys think! I love the side view with the GT/CS spoiler

Old 08-17-2014, 01:56 PM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

Looks real good bud. I like it

Old 08-17-2014, 01:59 PM   #54
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post
Looks real good bud. I like it

Thank you! And thanks for the advice on the fishing wire, that really helped I don't think I would have gotten it off without that. It also really helped the first few times I placed the Trufiber panel, once that 3M even touches something it does not want to come off.

I couldn't get my hands on an RTR or this panel for the longest time. I found it for sale at the AM show at the Trufiber booth and was able to snag one, since they don't list it on their website. Couldn't be happier with how it turned out, well worth the extra $70 or so dollars over the cheap looking plastic panels.

Thanks again for all the help!
Old 08-17-2014, 02:01 PM   #55
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
I like the spoiler...real sporty but low key
Old 08-17-2014, 02:55 PM   #56
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fintile View Post
I like the spoiler...real sporty but low key
I had a hard time deciding between that and the GT500 one, but I wanted it to stand out and be different. Very happy I chose the GT/CS one. I also really like the MMD ducktail spoiler
Old 08-17-2014, 03:39 PM   #57
Registered Member

Regular

Region: California
Looks good dude. Some times it's the small things that make the big difference. Tomorrow my Roush side splitters will be here, it's a subtle mod but it should look good. I got the rears too.

I see you're looking at a Pro charger kit. This would be nice but you know this will be big money right? I'm not sure of the price of the one for the Mustang but I looked into one for my 350z and the kit, install and tune it was over 7000.00.
Socal Stangman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 04:13 PM   #58
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socal Stangman View Post
Looks good dude. Some times it's the small things that make the big difference. Tomorrow my Roush side splitters will be here, it's a subtle mod but it should look good. I got the rears too.

I see you're looking at a Pro charger kit. This would be nice but you know this will be big money right? I'm not sure of the price of the one for the Mustang but I looked into one for my 350z and the kit, install and tune it was over 7000.00.
Thank you! I have a question on the side splitters. I already have some black plastic splitters from the factory. Will the Roush ones replace those or go over them and extend them? If so, by how much? I really can't tell by looking at pictures.
And with the procharger and tune I am looking at 5.8-6k. I would do the install myself with my uncle to save a bunch of $. I've been putting a few hundred bucks here and a few hundred there when I can spare it away for it... Looking at around 2 years away from it, since I like modding too much to go cold turkey and just save for a year. Also, would like to keep the warranty as long as I can (they don't know its tuned).
Old 08-17-2014, 04:30 PM   #59
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Put the mirror covers on! Instructions can not be simpler and the whole process is pop old ones off put new ones on. Couldn't be easier, right?
Wrong. The instructions say "old ones should slide right off, if not use a flat head to Gently lift them off"
Surprise. Old ones wouldn't come off. After 10 minutes of literally shoving a flat head in there and pushing all my weight to lever it and smack it and everything else in the world they finally came off.
Right cover snapped directly into place in literally a second.
Left one? Nope.
Spent another 10 minutes trying to get it on. This thing just wouldn't freaking go on. Everything was lined up. Slid it on, no click. Something was wrong with the mirror cover and the part where it's supposed to click into your mirror wouldn't click, it was too small.... I literally pushed this thing for 10 minutes I was worried I would break my mirror off.... I also did not want to smash the thing so I couldn't return it.
After 10 minutes I just got so mad and said F it and just smacked the thing as hard as I could until it snapped on. The edge of it won't line up still but you can't notice it. Literally can't get it off to put it back on. Guess it's a good thing I like them because that mirror cover is not coming off besides smashing it with a hammer.
All in all, a simple 5 minute install turned into 30 minutes of cursing and sweating... But I got them on
Attachment 163662
Before
Attachment 163663
After

I really like the look of these! They make the car look more refined/expensive/high end if that makes sense. Really evens out the flow of the car top to bottom on the front end. Sucks that I got a bad pair, but I didn't want to ship them back, get a new pair, and repeat. Plus my stock ones were not going back on and I didn't want to drive around with out mirror covers for a few days. Let me know what you guys think!

They make your car look great!!! I couldn't believe the difference a small painted mirror cover made on the overall look of the car. Thumbs!

Btw, my covers were a pain to get on also, I thought I was going to leave marks from the flat head screw driver on my mirror, or worse snap it right off. Lol.

2013 3.7 Manual Candy apple red metallic,
GT 500 stripes, painted side mirror covers, GT 500 spoiler, 2010 GT premium wheels with Pirelli P-zero tires, upper and lower front billet grille, Barton shifter bracket, Airaid Cold air intake, S.R lowering springs, J&M adjustable panhard bar, Boss 302 strut tower brace, 3.73 ford racing gears, Bama tuned, BBK shorty headers, Roush Axel backs.
FastFord13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 04:43 PM   #60
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastFord13 View Post
They make your car look great!!! I couldn't believe the difference a small painted mirror cover made on the overall look of the car. Thumbs!

Btw, my covers were a pain to get on also, I thought I was going to leave marks from the flat head screw driver on my mirror, or worse snap it right off. Lol.

2013 3.7 Manual Candy apple red metallic,
GT 500 stripes, painted side mirror covers, GT 500 spoiler, 2010 GT premium wheels with Pirelli P-zero tires, upper and lower front billet grille, Barton shifter bracket, Airaid Cold air intake, S.R lowering springs, J&M adjustable panhard bar, Boss 302 strut tower brace, 3.73 ford racing gears, Bama tuned, BBK shorty headers, Roush Axel backs.
Thank you! Yeah they just totally transform the look of the car, it's pretty crazy.
What's crazier is how hard they were to get on! I also thought I would snap my mirror off. The screw driver was just not working so I used the edge of a bottle opener instead, a little smaller. I just have to do the rear valance and the front end conversion and my car is done looks wise! finishing exhaust and performance this month too... So excited to be this close to having the pony almost complete.
Old 08-17-2014, 06:23 PM   #61
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Thank you! I have a question on the side splitters. I already have some black plastic splitters from the factory. Will the Roush ones replace those or go over them and extend them? If so, by how much? I really can't tell by looking at pictures.
They look like this, and yes they go over your factory rocker panels.

Sent from my HTCONE using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1408317772181.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	75.3 KB
ID:	163686  
Sakib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 06:25 PM   #62
Registered Member
Regular

I like them! Thanks for the pic it's the first one I've seen that I can actually see what it looks like compared to the stock rocker. Do you have to drill and bolt them in? Or do they just snap on.
Old 08-17-2014, 06:32 PM   #63
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Other
Car looks great the rear spoiler was also a good choice. Just a thought you ever considered having the bottom of the spoiler painted black I think it will flow well with the rear panel. Not that it doesn't look good as is

Bigshow14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 06:37 PM   #64
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Awesome!

Where did you get the "Trufiber carbon fiber rear decklid emblem delete panel"?

I want to buy one and drill some holes to install a pony emblem to make my rear end look like a 2015

Quote:
So I grabbed some new mods at the AM show today. I placed my order 1 hour after the show started and they were out of stock on Borla S types. How do you not stock up on your premiere exhaust.... Really miffed about it, I especially went to order early just to make sure I got them.....
Any way... I picked up a few things I wanted in consolation.
SR performance lowering springs (those things are heavy)
BMR adj. pan hard bar with eibach camber bolts
Attachment 163614
Painted mirror covers
Attachment 163615
And my favorite pick up of the day that I found....
Attachment 163616
Trufiber carbon fiber rear decklid emblem delete panel !!! Can't wait to get it on really happy I found this

Still pissed about the Borla's.... Borla said to call Monday and see if I could get it direct from them.... Was so pissed about the Borla's I didn't get the headers either since I didn't want them with no exhaust.... I got to test rev the demo car with them on and everything . Hope I can get them soon. Super happy with my lowering kit, glad I got the painted mirror covers finally, and am too pumped I found the trufiber! Mirror covers and trufiber will go on tomorrow!

liv4spd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 06:38 PM   #65
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigshow14 View Post
Car looks great the rear spoiler was also a good choice. Just a thought you ever considered having the bottom of the spoiler painted black I think it will flow well with the rear panel. Not that it doesn't look good as is

I was debating it, as well as having the 4 "posts" painted black like the OEM one. That may be something to do after I finish my front end conversion. I'm on a really low mod budget right now as I just paid my tuition bill.... . Maybe after Christmas rolls around I'll have some $ to get that done. I do like the black look a lot under the spoiler. With the rear panel it will look awesome too. Maybe I will play around with some plastidip to see how it looks!
Old 08-17-2014, 06:40 PM   #66
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by liv4spd View Post
Awesome!

Where did you get the "Trufiber carbon fiber rear decklid emblem delete panel"?

I want to buy one and drill some holes to install a pony emblem to make my rear end look like a 2015
I picked it up at the AM show from the Trufiber vendor there who wrote me the part # on an order form. They are not listed on AM or on Trufibers website, so I figured I would ask and hope and they had them! Maybe you can only get them at shows? I know stage3 has some but they don't look right to me from the pictures
Old 08-17-2014, 08:22 PM   #67
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I like them! Thanks for the pic it's the first one I've seen that I can actually see what it looks like compared to the stock rocker. Do you have to drill and bolt them in? Or do they just snap on.
Yeah the published pictures from Roush suck so bad. They don't know how to use their cameras. Yes, you drill holes but the holes only go through the plastic stock panels, not metal. Unless you mess up and drill too far, so don't do that, hah!

However, I was not at all satisfied with the push pins they provided to secure it. I could push down the splitter with just two fingers. So I drilled an extra hole at the front and screwed my own automotive screws in.

Sent from my HTCONE using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Sakib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 09:21 PM   #68
Registered Member

Regular

Region: California
The side splitters are an easy install.

About half way down the page is a install video.

Roush Mustang Side Splitter Assemblies (10-14) - LatemodelRestoration.com
Socal Stangman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 09:48 PM   #69
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socal Stangman View Post
The side splitters are an easy install.

About half way down the page is a install video.

Roush Mustang Side Splitter Assemblies (10-14) - LatemodelRestoration.com
Thanks! The one thing that AM lacks is good install videos like LMR and CJPP

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang