New mods picked up! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-16-2014, 08:10 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
New mods picked up!

So I grabbed some new mods at the AM show today. I placed my order 1 hour after the show started and they were out of stock on Borla S types. How do you not stock up on your premiere exhaust.... Really miffed about it, I especially went to order early just to make sure I got them.....
Any way... I picked up a few things I wanted in consolation.
SR performance lowering springs (those things are heavy)
BMR adj. pan hard bar with eibach camber bolts
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1408237591.081383.jpg
Views:	173
Size:	685.8 KB
ID:	163614
Painted mirror covers

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1408237623.759632.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	788.8 KB
ID:	163615
And my favorite pick up of the day that I found....

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1408237652.337037.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	741.5 KB
ID:	163616
Trufiber carbon fiber rear decklid emblem delete panel !!! Can't wait to get it on really happy I found this

Still pissed about the Borla's.... Borla said to call Monday and see if I could get it direct from them.... Was so pissed about the Borla's I didn't get the headers either since I didn't want them with no exhaust.... I got to test rev the demo car with them on and everything . Hope I can get them soon. Super happy with my lowering kit, glad I got the painted mirror covers finally, and am too pumped I found the trufiber! Mirror covers and trufiber will go on tomorrow!

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Advertisement

Old 08-16-2014, 08:15 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Looking forward to seeing pics. Love, love, love grabber blue.
sid719e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 08:27 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by sid719e View Post
Looking forward to seeing pics. Love, love, love grabber blue.

So excited to see the side view and rear view! I love grabber blue too

Advertisement

Old 08-16-2014, 08:44 PM   #4
Registered Member

Regular

Region: California
Nice. You're going to love the look after you lower it.
Socal Stangman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 08:54 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socal Stangman View Post
Nice. You're going to love the look after you lower it.

I'm hoping it won't be too hard! I'm putting whole new GT brakes on at the same time with the panhard bar and camber bolts. No idea how to lower but I will try

Old 08-16-2014, 10:04 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Are your lowering springs over 2" drop?
Old 08-16-2014, 10:05 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fintile View Post
Are your lowering springs over 2" drop?
No sir, only 1.5' drop. Still a pretty good drop!
Old 08-16-2014, 10:35 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Other
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue1993 View Post
I'm hoping it won't be too hard! I'm putting whole new GT brakes on at the same time with the panhard bar and camber bolts. No idea how to lower but I will try

Thats some nice mods you picked up. The lowering springs are easy to install plus you have enough help on this site to help you if needed.
Bigshow14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 10:40 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigshow14 View Post
Thats some nice mods you picked up. The lowering springs are easy to install plus you have enough help on this site to help you if needed.
Thank you! I decided to go with people's advice on here and go with "quality over quantity" hence the BMR panhard and Trufiber decklid panel. Everything Trufiber is so awesome it's just so expensive. Really upset the Borla's are out of stock... I don't understand how you don't stock the premiere v6 exhaust before the show. Literally ordered it within an hour of the show starting and it was out of stock....
I saw Shunco's shorty headers I believe he bought from you! They're really nice they look amazing. 100% going with ceramic and not chrome now.
Old 08-16-2014, 10:47 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
No sir, only 1.5' drop. Still a pretty good drop!
Oh ok I see then why you bought the panhard bar...
I believe my headers are not chrome but I'm very confident they will hold up. Don't beat yourself up about the Borlas....they are nice but things change once you start putting your exhaust together. I'm considering swapping out my MagnaFlow Streets for some pypes but I wanna hear them on my car before I actually do a swap.
Old 08-16-2014, 10:56 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Thank you! I decided to go with people's advice on here and go with "quality over quantity" hence the BMR panhard and Trufiber decklid panel. Everything Trufiber is so awesome it's just so expensive. Really upset the Borla's are out of stock... I don't understand how you don't stock the premiere v6 exhaust before the show. Literally ordered it within an hour of the show starting and it was out of stock....
I saw Shunco's shorty headers I believe he bought from you! They're really nice they look amazing. 100% going with ceramic and not chrome now.
Heres what they looked like before I sold them to him around 2-2500 miles on them. Btw isnt there someone with a new set of stinger for sale in the classifed section, A cruz I believe.
Old 08-16-2014, 11:05 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Heres what they looked like before I sold them to him around 2-2500 miles on them. Btw isnt there someone with a new set of stinger for sale in the classifed section, A cruz I believe.
They literally look exactly the same on his car now. They look awesome on it, really add pop to his engine bay. I will have to somehow see if MAC's will pass NY state inspection... I am 99% sure they don't and will have to go with BBKs :/ Will get ceramics to avoid bad products as I've seen some get on here.
Yes I have contacted him about them, but with shipping his price will come out to just $20 or $30 less than AM prices, maybe even less since they said I could use the show price quote since they were out of stock... Would rather get them brand new just for peace of mind for the 1% chance something goes wrong or UPS messes them up, etc. Anything under a $100 difference I would just get it new for that reason. AJ's are perfect though I have seen pictures, however he is firm on his price, as I offered him $450 for them shipped if no one purchases them.
Old 08-16-2014, 11:08 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
They literally look exactly the same on his car now. They look awesome on it, really add pop to his engine bay. I will have to somehow see if MAC's will pass NY state inspection... I am 99% sure they don't and will have to go with BBKs :/ Will get ceramics to avoid bad products as I've seen some get on here.
Yes I have contacted him about them, but with shipping his price will come out to just $20 or $30 less than AM prices, maybe even less since they said I could use the show price quote since they were out of stock... Would rather get them brand new just for peace of mind for the 1% chance something goes wrong or UPS messes them up, etc. Anything under a $100 difference I would just get it new for that reason. AJ's are perfect though I have seen pictures, however he is firm on his price, as I offered him $450 for them shipped if no one purchases them.
Gotcha, totally understand. Any thoughts on the jba headers I believe they are emissions friendly. Just another option, and trust me im not anti bbk lol
Old 08-16-2014, 11:13 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Gotcha, totally understand. Any thoughts on the jba headers I believe they are emissions friendly. Just another option, and trust me im not anti bbk lol
I really liked the BBK's until I started hearing and seeing so many negative things about them. I've been lucky with all the parts I've gotten being top notch quality (knock on wood), so I'm not too hesitant to try them. I don't really know enough about the JBA's yet.... did they come out with a dyno chart? Can you even purchase them or are they still only taking potential orders?
Old 08-16-2014, 11:19 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Those headers look nice. I think you should he ok getting BBK. Just make sure to inspect them before installing.
Old 08-16-2014, 11:20 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I really liked the BBK's until I started hearing and seeing so many negative things about them. I've been lucky with all the parts I've gotten being top notch quality (knock on wood), so I'm not too hesitant to try them. I don't really know enough about the JBA's yet.... did they come out with a dyno chart? Can you even purchase them or are they still only taking potential orders?
Autoanything has them in stock. I was messing around with some discount codes and in the cart it gave me a two day delivery like normal just no pictures available yet.
Old 08-16-2014, 11:22 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

I think I will wait a few weeks to see about the JBA's, maybe I will be the test mouse LOL. What was the price of the chrome/ceramic respectively with the discounts? I'm looking at $280/$376 respectively for BBKs from AM
Old 08-16-2014, 11:32 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I think I will wait a few weeks to see about the JBA's, maybe I will be the test mouse LOL. What was the price of the chrome/ceramic respectively with the discounts? I'm looking at $280/$376 respectively for BBKs from AM
Using the 15% code they're in your price range
Old 08-16-2014, 11:39 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Using the 15% code they're in your price range
Awesome thanks for the info.
Hopefully either AM or Borla can do something about this exhaust for me so I can get it on and then get the headers. I really want to get the exhaust on first then the headers so I can notice the change in exhaust note from the headers.
Old 08-16-2014, 11:43 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
My BBK headers were just fine. Pretty welds? No, but nothing like what I've been seeing with visible slag everywhere. It may have just been a piss-poor run of them.
2011 V6 Race Red - Airaid CAI , BBK 73mm Throttle Body, 3.73 FRPP Gears, BBK Longtube Headers , BBK Off Road X-Pipe , Borla ATAKs , SR Performance Strut Tower Brace, MPT 91R Tune, Powerstop Rotors and pads, JLT Oil Seperator, Koni STR.T Struts & Shocks, Eibach Pro Line Springs, BMR Adjustable Panhard Bar, J&M Caster Camber Plates, Mickey Thompson Street Comps on 19" Laguna Seca Hyper Black Wheels, Several other aesthetic mods
JoeyM91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 11:45 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Awesome thanks for the info.
Hopefully either AM or Borla can do something about this exhaust for me so I can get it on and then get the headers. I really want to get the exhaust on first then the headers so I can notice the change in exhaust note from the headers.
Are you getting a full cat back complete with over axel pipes? You need to get an H or X pipe!! That will really open up the sound and performance. ..
Old 08-16-2014, 11:48 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fintile View Post
Are you getting a full cat back complete with over axel pipes? You need to get an H or X pipe!! That will really open up the sound and performance. ..
I will be getting the axleback as I just put a FR x-pipe in last month, and the Borla guy said that will actually be a better combo for me than if I got the catback
Old 08-17-2014, 12:05 AM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

You got the decklid panel for how much?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Soon: Procharger & NOS
dubaighost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 12:14 AM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

I got the decklid panel for either $214.99 or $209.99. Don't have an email receipt since it's not sold on AM. I got the painted mirror covers for $73.99.
210+74= 284 - $35 discount = $249, plus 7% penn. sales tax ($17.50) = $266.50
So minus the $74 for the mirror covers, $192 for the decklid panel! Not bad at all.
Old 08-17-2014, 12:16 AM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I will be getting the axleback as I just put a FR x-pipe in last month, and the Borla guy said that will actually be a better combo for me than if I got the catback
Very true, just wondering how in depth you were getting with the exhaust
Old 08-17-2014, 12:25 AM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

My finished exhaust (hopefully in a month) Will be BBK ceramic headers, FR x-pipe, and Borla S-Type AB. With the CAI and tune adding a little to the sound, this thing will sound MEAN.
Old 08-17-2014, 12:28 AM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
Quote:
My finished exhaust (hopefully in a month) Will be BBK ceramic headers, FR x-pipe, and Borla S-Type AB. With the CAI and tune adding a little to the sound, this thing will sound MEAN.
Long tubes or shorties? Shorties will tame your exhaust, Long tubes will definitely make it nasty. But the x pipe in combination does add rasp.
2011 V6 Race Red - Airaid CAI , BBK 73mm Throttle Body, 3.73 FRPP Gears, BBK Longtube Headers , BBK Off Road X-Pipe , Borla ATAKs , SR Performance Strut Tower Brace, MPT 91R Tune, Powerstop Rotors and pads, JLT Oil Seperator, Koni STR.T Struts & Shocks, Eibach Pro Line Springs, BMR Adjustable Panhard Bar, J&M Caster Camber Plates, Mickey Thompson Street Comps on 19" Laguna Seca Hyper Black Wheels, Several other aesthetic mods
JoeyM91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 12:39 AM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyM91 View Post
Long tubes or shorties? Shorties will tame your exhaust, Long tubes will definitely make it nasty. But the x pipe in combination does add rasp.
Shorty's, I need that down low TQ!
My FR x-pipe actually cleaned my exhaust up so much even when I had the Pypes on. It eliminated 90% of the rasp that I had. With the stock exhaust on it actually sounds really good.
With the Borla's and the shorty's it should be a super deep growl and sound so mean when I punch it.
Old 08-17-2014, 06:35 AM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:

Bro you should go balls deep and change the over-axle pipes too! I was floored at how flat the stock ones are over the axle. Ill dig it up outta "the pile" and snap a pic later, its like an inch thick! If you're doin that much to your exhaust you might as well do the full set-up. Your car will love you for letting it breath
somedopebeats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 11:09 AM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by somedopebeats View Post
Bro you should go balls deep and change the over-axle pipes too! I was floored at how flat the stock ones are over the axle. Ill dig it up outta "the pile" and snap a pic later, its like an inch thick! If you're doin that much to your exhaust you might as well do the full set-up. Your car will love you for letting it breath

Yeah? I really don't want to spend $900+ on a cat back and the Borla people said the catback would not sound any better or perform better than the axleback with my Ford Racing x-pipe. I guess I could eventually have my shop custom Fab something up but if it sounds awesome with the Borla's and the headers I will just leave it. Don't fix what's not broken!

Old 08-17-2014, 11:11 AM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

I wouldn't change them either unless I found one heck of a deal on a set really cheap

Old 08-17-2014, 11:49 AM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

New mods picked up!

Youll notice a huge difference. Makes sense the borla would cost a ton, most of the price would be the mufflers i can imagine. My catback was $600 with install (dynomax ultra-flo). Theres somewhere online selling 2.5" over-axle pipes by themselves for i think it was $200 but i cant remember cuz it was a while back.

Also saw a dynosheet showing close to 15hp gain from just the dynomax catback.

Either way, your exhaust is gonna sound gorgeous, over axles or not! Be sure to post up vids! Im really interested in a cut & clamp x like yours, or possibly an h
Old 08-17-2014, 11:50 AM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yeah? I really don't want to spend $900+ on a cat back and the Borla people said the catback would not sound any better or perform better than the axleback with my Ford Racing x-pipe. I guess I could eventually have my shop custom Fab something up but if it sounds awesome with the Borla's and the headers I will just leave it. Don't fix what's not broken!

Ya get a shop to fab them up later.
You say IF it sounds awesome with the Borlas? "IF? LOL, it's going to. I'd have gone the Borla Touring route but they are way too much just for sound and very small gains. However it is nice to throw that out there when people ask you what you did to your car. "It has Pirelli tires and Borla exhaust"...Gotta nice ring to it...
Old 08-17-2014, 12:02 PM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

Borla's are just the plain best when it comes to exhaust. Just looking at the booths and trucks yesterday, you could tell. Their products are so perfectly welded. I can't wait to get them... I sent AMAlex a PM yesterday about them being out of stock, so I guess I will hear from him Monday on what's going on with them. If they won't have them soon they will be losing the sale to Borla directly I guess. They just sound so perfect. I need them. I got the FR x-pipe for $60 brand new on eBay.... couldn't be happier with it. It deepened my exhaust note, it did not add rasp. Once I get my hands on the Borla's I will post a video of the exhaust.
Old 08-17-2014, 12:10 PM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/...ver-Axle-Pipes

I havent found the 11-up pipes but theres an example

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang