Who would win?? - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-17-2014, 07:18 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dcansmack View Post
Thanks for the inspiration kona!

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Bro, take your buddy to school and show him his manaul ain't got nothing on your automatic. You got him bro. This topic ties in so great to what I personally witnessed at the AM show yesterday. After the show ended, one could drag race there car for 20 bucks and I stayed to watch the action. I saw Gt500's run, new 5.0's run, 3.7's run, 4.6's run, fox bodies run and let me tell ya.

People can't drive there cars manaul for *****. I watched newer Gt500's run low 13's 1/4 mile. Ran high 12's 1/4 mile times. I saw new 5.0's running mid, high to low 13's. I saw 4.6's run 14 plus 1/4 mile times. I saw Cobra' s run high 12's low 13 second 1/4 mile times. I'm like WtF people.

Dude has a 662 HP Gt500, 60k performance car and its running 13 second 1/4 mile times. Holy fack people. The 3.7 that ran was whooping 4.6's and 5.0's a$$ on 1/4 mile times.

I was talking to a kid who came with a Super Snake that has 850 HP. Dude told me his best time 1/4 mile he can get is 12.3. Dude told me he can't get traction with the stock tires. Hold up. Dude spends 90k for a 850 HP car and he still needs too buy better tires. 90 f ing K and dude can only run like 1 second faster than a bolt on modded 3.7.

Dude has me by 500 hp and only can run 1 second faster in 1/4 mile than a bolt on modded 3.7. Dude, wtf, classic example of how people don't know how to drive there car and a lot of power.

Sent from my naked Johnson. The third real non Boss 227
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-17-2014, 07:22 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
Bro, take your buddy to school and show him his manaul ain't got nothing on your automatic. You got him bro. This topic ties in so great to what I personally witnessed at the AM show yesterday. After the show ended, one could drag race there car for 20 bucks and I stayed to watch the action. I saw Gt500's run, new 5.0's run, 3.7's run, 4.6's run, fox bodies run and let me tell ya.

People can't drive there cars manaul for *****. I watched newer Gt500's run low 13's 1/4 mile. Ran high 12's 1/4 mile times. I saw new 5.0's running mid, high to low 13's. I saw 4.6's run 14 plus 1/4 mile times. I saw Cobra' s run high 12's low 13 second 1/4 mile times. I'm like WtF people.

Dude has a 662 HP Gt500, 60k performance car and its running 13 second 1/4 mile times. Holy fack people. The 3.7 that ran was whooping 4.6's and 5.0's a$$ on 1/4 mile times.

I was talking to a kid who came with a Super Snake that has 850 HP. Dude told me his best time 1/4 mile he can get is 12.3. Dude told me he can't get traction with the stock tires. Hold up. Dude spends 90k for a 850 HP car and he still needs too buy better tires. 90 f ing K and dude can only run like 1 second faster than a bolt on modded 3.7.

Dude has me by 500 hp and only can run 1 second faster in 1/4 mile than a bolt on modded 3.7. Dude, wtf, classic example of how people don't know how to drive there car and a lot of power.

Great story. Not surprised by what you saw, but track driving is a skill. Skill is only involved for manual transmission. And this is something a personal develops etc etc. punching the gas requires no skill.

elkoritaNAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 07:23 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Big HP and torque is great but ain't crap if one can't work a manual correctly and a automatic is smooth sailing. The automatics that ran yesterday consistently ran faster times

2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-17-2014, 07:32 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Make sure to turn off traction control, this alone seems to affect the shift in my auto. The first to second lag blows in the auto but is much better with TC off. If you have Sport mode you could use that but I would say it isn't necessary.
gkcontra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 07:34 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Other
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dcansmack View Post
So how do I go about beating him? Any advice ?

As stated start by putting the factory wheels back on the practice your hold shot

Bigshow14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 07:35 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

90% of people do not know how to drive a auto in a roll race also. So it's just the same. They will wait to the 3rd honk to put there foot down.........to late buddy your seeing taillights.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 07:36 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Agreed, a large amount of manual drivers don't/can't power shift properly and will be slower than autos. But for the few that can they will beat a stock auto, the factory shift points are for comfort and smooth shifting, not for racing. Once the auto is tuned its a different beast.

With an auto its just mash gas and go sooooo yeah that's kinda hard to f up. Lol

2013 3.7 Manual Candy apple red metallic,
GT 500 stripes, painted side mirror covers, GT 500 spoiler, 2010 GT premium wheels with Pirelli P-zero tires, upper and lower front billet grille, Barton shifter bracket, Airaid Cold air intake, S.R lowering springs, J&M adjustable panhard bar, Boss 302 strut tower brace, 3.73 ford racing gears, Bama tuned, BBK shorty headers, Roush Axel backs.
FastFord13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 07:43 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
Hands down the stock automatic is going to win over the manual driver majority of the time. Op unless your buddy is a professional driver or track races his manual on a weekly basis, no way he is gonna shift faster than the computer.

Fact is majority of people are just not that good at driving manaul and its too hit or miss. Its far easier to f up on manual by either missing shifts or tires spinning. Automatics don't have that stuff. Automatics don't miss shifts. You just nail your foot down to the floor and off she goes. Automatic for the win.

100% agreed I definitely raced a stick with my auto bet him off the line and made another pull on him as he shifted autos gonna win
Geok.91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 07:46 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Lol all the autos need to run into a silver 5.0 on the streets of Mexico. You will go home like a scared little puppy

Old 08-17-2014, 07:47 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

3.7 vs 5.0 who's gonna win...... Of course 5.0
Old 08-17-2014, 07:48 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

A roll race will tell if a auto driver knows how to drive also. If they wait to go on 3 they already lost

Old 08-17-2014, 07:49 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post
90% of people do not know how to drive a auto in a roll race also. So it's just the same. They will wait to the 3rd honk to put there foot down.........to late buddy your seeing taillights.

I like to slap it in to sports mode to start and around 5 or 6 rpm I slap it into d let the car do the rest shifts are so lag in sports mode but u can say I'm one of those 10% ers
Old 08-17-2014, 07:52 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post
Lol all the autos need to run into a silver 5.0 on the streets of Mexico. You will go home like a scared little puppy

Lmao, or a candy apple red 3.7 in Montreal. Lol

GT 500 stripes, painted side mirror covers, GT 500 spoiler, 2010 GT premium wheels with Pirelli P-zero tires, upper and lower front billet grille, Barton shifter bracket, Airaid Cold air intake, S.R lowering springs, J&M adjustable panhard bar, Boss 302 strut tower brace, 3.73 ford racing gears, Bama tuned, BBK shorty headers, Roush Axel backs.
Old 08-17-2014, 07:53 PM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

Very off topic how do I change my picture from iPhone
Old 08-17-2014, 08:07 PM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

This is what I'm talking about and exactly how I shift doing a "run". Just to give the auto guys an idea that a manual can shift as fast as an auto. But for the record many manual drivers can't/ don't drive their sticks like this. HOW TO: Power shift like a boss!: http://youtu.be/KHaVoSnzymQ

Old 08-17-2014, 08:21 PM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

Or how to burn your clutch like a dick
Old 08-17-2014, 08:25 PM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

Wow, some of YOU r just in total denial! That's how to do a proper run with a manual and isn't how its driven from stop sign to stop sign as a dd. Facepalm.

BTW your comment is real mature. The debate is whether a stock manual can beat a stock auto.

Old 08-17-2014, 08:36 PM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

Is rather go with the quick shifts then power shifting but if you don't care about your pressure plate your throw out bearing your u joints your rear end go for it
Old 08-17-2014, 08:40 PM   #54
Registered Member
Regular

Or your trans a lot can happen when you power shift and it only takes that 1 time for something to go to hell
Old 08-17-2014, 08:44 PM   #55
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Gotta side with fastford here. If you baby your car you shouldn't be racing it. Nothing wrong with a nice power shift session once a week to have some fun. A daily driver with a 3.7 should be able to do that no problem every now and then and not have any problems.

Old 08-17-2014, 08:50 PM   #56
Registered Member
Regular

It's a lot of strain your putting on a lot of parts of your car it's not worth that .10 th or .05 th of a second wait till your gears don't align properly hope you have a tow truck service near by
Old 08-17-2014, 08:59 PM   #57
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
As you may know, the 13 and 14 auto's have sport-mode and the select shift-mode.
Sport-mode(S) is fully automatic, gears 1-5 only, much more aggressive up/down shift points. Shifting at higher RPM's.

Select shift-mode (+/- button) manually selects gears 1-6 (not very responsive shifting)

This is what I've read but haven't tested the Sport-mode vs. the "D" mode. Have to find a road to compare them on.
Lets not forget, an opinion is a judgment, viewpoint, or statement about matters commonly considered to be subjective.
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 09:02 PM   #58
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diehard View Post
As you may know, the 13 and 14 auto's have sport-mode and the select shift-mode.

Sport-mode(S) is fully automatic, gears 1-5 only, much more aggressive up/down shift points. Shifting at higher RPM's.

Select shift-mode (+/- button) manually selects gears 1-6 (not very responsive shifting)

This is what I've read but haven't tested the Sport-mode vs. the "D" mode. Have to find a road to compare them on.

So if I put my 14 v6 in sports mode but don't slick the +/- it's gonna be more aggressive the while driving in d ? And yes hate the manual shifts so much lag
Old 08-17-2014, 09:08 PM   #59
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geok.91 View Post
So if I put my 14 v6 in sports mode but don't slick the +/- it's gonna be more aggressive the while driving in d ? And yes hate the manual shifts so much lag
That's what I understand but haven't been able to try it yet.
Lets not forget, an opinion is a judgment, viewpoint, or statement about matters commonly considered to be subjective.
Old 08-17-2014, 09:08 PM   #60
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue1993 View Post
After some research I found that 2012 mustangs cannot have the performance package if they are automatic, only manuals were able to have it. Not sure if true or not, just read it on another forum. I have an automatic, so I guess I can't have the performance pack. I do have the 3.31 gears though, and on my shifter I have 1,2, and 3 under my PRND, and I use the little button under the big one to shift through those, and it lets me shift when I hold it. I am stumped. Hopefully someone can chime in on what that is.
I have no idea what you have man. You should use the VIN to look up your window sticker. I'm very curious.

Sent from my HTCONE using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Sakib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 09:09 PM   #61
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diehard View Post
That's what I understand but haven't been able to try it yet.

I'm out of work in about a hour I will let u know shortly after;]
Old 08-17-2014, 09:14 PM   #62
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue1993 View Post
Gotta side with fastford here. If you baby your car you shouldn't be racing it. Nothing wrong with a nice power shift session once a week to have some fun. A daily driver with a 3.7 should be able to do that no problem every now and then and not have any problems.

+1, Exactly!

Old 08-17-2014, 09:20 PM   #63
Registered Member
Regular

Have fun Powershifting guys idc what you do to your cars if u got the money for repairs by all means Powershift away but at no means is Powershifting okay for your car not if you do it once a week or once a month or everyday it's not healthy. Smoking 1 cigarette a day or a pack a day your still gonna get cancer
Old 08-17-2014, 09:21 PM   #64
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
It's a lot of strain your putting on a lot of parts of your car it's not worth that .10 th or .05 th of a second wait till your gears don't align properly hope you have a tow truck service near by
Wow, you really are quite funny lol, If your "racing" or making a run whether its an auto or manual your putting a lot of stress on your power train if you look at it that way. Our transmissions can handle much more HP/torque than comes out from the factory so power shifting every once in a while is really nothing to worry about. A clutch is a wearable part and will do just that whether its driven or babied.

Old 08-17-2014, 09:24 PM   #65
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Have fun Powershifting guys idc what you do to your cars if u got the money for repairs by all means Powershift away but at no means is Powershifting okay for your car not if you do it once a week or once a month or everyday it's not healthy. Smoking 1 cigarette a day or a pack a day your still gonna get cancer
Again, your missing the point, will a stock manual beat a stock auto. I know its hard but try and stay focussed. Roll eyes.

Old 08-17-2014, 09:25 PM   #66
Registered Member
Regular

It's not just the clutch you should be worried about actually that's probably the last thing to worry about cheapest part that can break But how can I end this ...... Your right you win Powershifting is awesome ........ lets shave .10 of a second and chance to blow your trans .....
Old 08-17-2014, 09:26 PM   #67
Registered Member
Regular

I answered that all ready. Why don't u start a thread on how to Powershift and put your video there...... Stay focused buddy
Old 08-17-2014, 09:28 PM   #68
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I'm out of work in about a hour I will let u know shortly after;]
Looking forward to the results but I'll be going to bed by then.
Old 08-17-2014, 09:30 PM   #69
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I answered that all ready. Why don't u start a thread on how to Powershift and put your video there...... Stay focused buddy
Bro you really sound silly, and will lose credibility quickly on this forum with posts like that. Just saying.

Old 08-17-2014, 09:33 PM   #70
Registered Member
Regular

You mad bro

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang