Who would win?? - Page 3 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-17-2014, 09:40 PM   #71
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakib View Post
I have no idea what you have man. You should use the VIN to look up your window sticker. I'm very curious.

Sent from my HTCONE using Mustang Evolution mobile app

I will do that tomorrow. Took some quick pics. Plz ignore the sandy grit stuck in the cracks went to the beach today and it just got everywhere and the flash really makes it look bad. I'm embarrassed lol
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1408329553.818256.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	564.0 KB
ID:	163717Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1408329568.785622.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	404.8 KB
ID:	163718

That's the PRND123 and that's the little button I can click to change gears when I drive. Maybe that's hill assist and it let's me change gears? No idea. I probably sound really dumb but I'm just wondering what it is

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Advertisement

Old 08-17-2014, 09:41 PM   #72
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Overdrive possibly?
Geok.91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 09:44 PM   #73
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue1993 View Post
I will do that tomorrow. Took some quick pics. Plz ignore the sandy grit stuck in the cracks went to the beach today and it just got everywhere and the flash really makes it look bad. I'm embarrassed lol
Attachment 163717Attachment 163718

That's the PRND123 and that's the little button I can click to change gears when I drive. Maybe that's hill assist and it let's me change gears? No idea. I probably sound really dumb but I'm just wondering what it is

One of the pre 13 auto guys should pop in and lend a hand. I'll try our "google" friend lol.

2013 3.7 Manual Candy apple red metallic,
GT 500 stripes, painted side mirror covers, GT 500 spoiler, 2010 GT premium wheels with Pirelli P-zero tires, upper and lower front billet grille, Barton shifter bracket, Airaid Cold air intake, S.R lowering springs, J&M adjustable panhard bar, Boss 302 strut tower brace, 3.73 ford racing gears, Bama tuned, BBK shorty headers, Roush Axel backs.
FastFord13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-17-2014, 09:49 PM   #74
Registered Member
Regular

..... Overdrive
Old 08-17-2014, 09:50 PM   #75
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
After a quick search I found this out. Didn't get a chance to read through it but could be it. Hope it helps. http://www.mustangevolution.com/forum/f356/t314335

GT 500 stripes, painted side mirror covers, GT 500 spoiler, 2010 GT premium wheels with Pirelli P-zero tires, upper and lower front billet grille, Barton shifter bracket, Airaid Cold air intake, S.R lowering springs, J&M adjustable panhard bar, Boss 302 strut tower brace, 3.73 ford racing gears, Bama tuned, BBK shorty headers, Roush Axel backs.
FastFord13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 09:52 PM   #76

Region: California
Stick shift if he can drive..

03stickGT
andrehill96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 09:55 PM   #77
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastFord13 View Post
After a quick search I found this out. Didn't get a chance to read through it but could be it. Hope it helps. Small button on auto shifter? - Mustang Evolution

After reading through the first page, it's basically "sport mode" for the 2012. Quote from Midnight2012 :

It does alot more than just lock out 6 th gear. And no it won't tear anything up over 45 mph. It can be taken to redline in any gear except 6 th. As for gas mileage yeah you will get less mpg mostly because you will want to have fun with it. And actually using mine around town with 3:31 rear end I see no change as I can give it less gas to get going. Again it doesn't just lock out 6th gear. It hold the gears longer and allows engine compression to slow you down. Use it enough you will find you can get it to downshift by tapping your brakes. Going downhill it will downshift on its own depending on speed and incline. You can also set your cruise controll going downhill and it will due its best to not let it go over the set speed. It is a very cool feature. Use the 2012 and 2013 manuals to help understand how it works as it is virtually the dame as Sport Mode on the 13's. The 2012anual is somewhat lacking in explanation. Just as it is in explaning that you can manually shift 1 2 3 D.
Old 08-17-2014, 09:57 PM   #78
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geok.91 View Post
It's not just the clutch you should be worried about actually that's probably the last thing to worry about cheapest part that can break But how can I end this ...... Your right you win Powershifting is awesome ........ lets shave .10 of a second and chance to blow your trans .....
This is what racing is all about...

If you aren't willing to risk breaking your car to win a race, there will always be someone who is, and that's who will win.
straybullitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 09:58 PM   #79
Registered Member
Regular

Beating the shiz out your car doesn't make you win races but if that's the logic
Old 08-17-2014, 10:04 PM   #80
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Beating the shiz out your car doesn't make you win races but if that's the logic
That's correct but neither does "babying" it...
Old 08-17-2014, 10:16 PM   #81
Registered Member
Regular

I didn't say baby it I'm saying Powershifting is harmful get off that topic the topic is a auto vs manual stock who wins auto does Powershift away guys
Old 08-17-2014, 10:17 PM   #82
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I didn't say baby it I'm saying Powershifting is harmful get off that topic the topic is a auto vs manual stock who wins auto does Powershift away guys
Go race a stock auto 3.7 mustang against a stock manual 3.7 mustang with someone who knows how to drive and is power shifting. Winner = manual.
Old 08-17-2014, 10:23 PM   #83
Registered Member
Regular

If the guy I raced was Powershifting it would have brought him to my back bumper it's only .10 second fraction I pulled him about 1/2 a car maybe a little more wouldn't say a full car length though
Old 08-17-2014, 10:31 PM   #84
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
If the guy I raced was Powershifting it would have brought him to my back bumper it's only .10 second fraction I pulled him about 1/2 a car maybe a little more wouldn't say a full car length though
How do you know that he hit every single shift perfectly? Same tires, tread wear, rear axles, etc.? Just because in one instance one time that happened does not mean you can say "auto beats manual every time"
Old 08-17-2014, 10:39 PM   #85
Registered Member
Regular

Your right we'll he did look like he has premium package plus he was louder so I'm sure he has an exhaust mod.... The hole just got deeper+1 automatics
Old 08-17-2014, 10:44 PM   #86
Registered Member
Regular

You do know that manuals have a different stock exhaust than automatics that make them louder right? No inner ring to muffle the sound....
Even if it was an aftermarket exhaust an AB will give you no performance gains....
Next you're gonna say he had 10 stickers in his engine bay and he had a mustang windshield banner so he had about an extra 40 HP

Old 08-17-2014, 10:45 PM   #87
Registered Member
Regular

Premium package? Those leather seats and center console screen will really help him out with his down loan TQ....
Did you mean performance package? If so, how did it look like he had it? What clued you into that?

Old 08-17-2014, 10:51 PM   #88
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Your right we'll he did look like he has premium package plus he was louder so I'm sure he has an exhaust mod.... The hole just got deeper+1 automatics
I was trying to resist taking part in this petty debate, but I can't resist pointing out the flaw in this particular logic you attempted. Premium package would mean his car is a lot heavier than yours. Leather is heavy. The door panel sticker of my v6 premium with comfort package (heated seats etc) is 4500 lbs. Second, his car being louder means NOTHING in terms of performance. Could mean he has an aftermarket axle-back.... which nets a big fat ZERO in HP or torque. Even if he was catless or something, it's not THAT much of a difference.

So, not sure why you think him having premium and a louder car makes the hole deeper for manuals.

Anyway, I see your post count is on the low side... from the way you've carried out this conversation, I'd say you need to hang out a little more and see how the nature of conversations on ME are. We don't say things like "burn your clutch like a dick" here. We try to have semi-intelligent discussions about cars and learn from each other. People disagree all the time, just browse through this string and look at how other people who are defending autos have written their remarks. Disagreeing with people doesn't mean fighting. Maybe on youtube of yahoo sports it does, but you will lose respect here very fast if you keep going the way you're going.
Sakib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 10:58 PM   #89
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
You do know that manuals have a different stock exhaust than automatics that make them louder right? No inner ring to muffle the sound....
Even if it was an aftermarket exhaust an AB will give you no performance gains....
Next you're gonna say he had 10 stickers in his engine bay and he had a mustang windshield banner so he had about an extra 40 HP

Now hold the bus there my fine friend grabber blue. You mean to tell me my American Muscle car decal I got yesterday at the AM show doesn't give me an extra 40 HP????? Holy ***** batman.

Also, I have no idea or clue on what powershifting is or what you guys are talking about.

Sent from my naked Johnson. The third real non Boss 227
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 11:02 PM   #90
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
Now hold the bus there my fine friend grabber blue. You mean to tell me my American Muscle car decal I got yesterday at the AM show doesn't give me an extra 40 HP????? Holy ***** batman.

Also, I have no idea or clue on what powershifting is or what you guys are talking about.

I am so sorry Kona but it is my belief that you will not gain any horsepower from decals. Some may say otherwise, but after meticulous and rigorous testing done over months at the Ford Racing facility, the guys with the brains have said decals will not add HP. Honda still insists that they do.
According to this fine fellow Geok power shifting breaks your car and your transmission can blow from just one "powerful" shift. Make sure you don't lift too many weights, those biceps may just be the undoing of your brand new transmission when you unknowingly shift with too much power.

Old 08-17-2014, 11:14 PM   #91

just my 2 cents about the main topic. most people will be biased depending on whether they have an auto or manual. i think a few things will prove pivotal: besides from the obvious driver skills, i.e. reaction time, a lot also has to do with weight. automatics generally tend to be heavier, what (non performance) options are added, and just as important is whose heavier you or your friend. so skip the meal b4 the race and good luck!

Sent from my iPod touch using Mustang Evolution
13rrstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 11:20 PM   #92
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I am so sorry Kona but it is my belief that you will not gain any horsepower from decals. Some may say otherwise, but after meticulous and rigorous testing done over months at the Ford Racing facility, the guys with the brains have said decals will not add HP. Honda still insists that they do.
According to this fine fellow Geok power shifting breaks your car and your transmission can blow from just one "powerful" shift. Make sure you don't lift too many weights, those biceps may just be the undoing of your brand new transmission when you unknowingly shift with too much power.

Darn it man. I've been played for a fool. Ha ha ha ha.

2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 11:24 PM   #93
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Mexico
Very hard to shift as fast as an auto. You have to be a very good driver.

Sloww_3V 🚗💨💨
Sloww_3V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 11:25 PM   #94
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloww_3V View Post
Very hard to shift as fast as an auto. You have to be a very good driver.

Sloww_3V 🚗💨💨
+1
Old 08-17-2014, 11:30 PM   #95
Registered Member
Regular

I think we will have to race Geok since you called me out. We will see if I am stupid then.
Vroom vroom. I promise I won't have any decals or windshield banners.
Old 08-17-2014, 11:31 PM   #96
Registered Member
Regular

Automatics have been the professional drag racers transmission of choice for decades. There's no denying that they're faster in a straight line.

Under normal circumstances, I would say that the OP has a decent shot at winning... the automatic removes the missed shift risk, but those wheels are going to slow him down so much that he probably won't win even with the "consistency" advantage.

As stated earlier, there's only one way to find out...

GO RACE HIM!!!
Old 08-17-2014, 11:32 PM   #97
Registered Member
Regular

I have understood that power shifting from 1-2 is fine. Anything else like 2-3, 3-4 is nothing but burning your clutch.

Sloww_3V 🚗💨💨
Old 08-17-2014, 11:33 PM   #98
Registered Member
Regular

Grabber blue isn't stock though
Old 08-17-2014, 11:34 PM   #99
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I have understood that power shifting from 1-2 is fine. Anything else like 2-3, 3-4 is nothing but burning your clutch.

Sloww_3V 🚗💨💨

+1 something harmful as I was saying
Old 08-17-2014, 11:37 PM   #100
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Sloww_3V 🚗💨💨
That's why you power shift through 2nd then quick shift up, the video fastford posted explains it all super well, even says don't power shift past that I think
Old 08-17-2014, 11:37 PM   #101
Registered Member
Regular

If it's that much to you my location is Maryland and doesn't prove nothing because your not stock I am and we both have autos
Old 08-17-2014, 11:38 PM   #102
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
That's why you power shift through 2nd then quick shift up, the video fastford posted explains it all super well, even says don't power shift past that I think

That's what I always thought. I don't power shift. It's not worth sacrificing my clutch.

Sloww_3V 🚗💨💨
Old 08-17-2014, 11:41 PM   #103
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

We'll then that's not really Powershifting and like I said in a previous post id rather quick shift then power shift your still young and new to this aren't you I'm new to mustangs but I'm not new to the car game
Old 08-17-2014, 11:43 PM   #104
Registered Member
Regular

Old 08-17-2014, 11:44 PM   #105
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
We'll then that's not really Powershifting and like I said in a previous post id rather quick shift then power shift your still young and new to this aren't you I'm new to mustangs but I'm not new to the car game

So, power shifting isn't power shifting?
You're not really making sense with what you're saying. Yes I am young, no I am not new to cars, only new to newer engine work and working on my own car. Worked on a good amount of old cars doing resto.

power shifting isn't really power shifting?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang