Who would win?? - Page 4 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-17-2014, 11:49 PM   #106
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
No what I'm saying is power shifting 1/2. Then quick shifting 2/3 3/4 4/5 your kinda doing more quick shifts then power shift I guess what I'm saying is go out and Powershift threw all your gears and your gonnA have a problem sooner or later
Geok.91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-17-2014, 11:49 PM   #107
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Grabber, this conversation isn't worth any more of your time. People aren't talking to each other anymore, they are talking past each other. Let it go. Geok in the span of 2 hours lost all credibility by slinging personal insults at members. We can let whoever's interested beat a dead horse here while the rest of us have fun talking about Mustangs on other threads.
Sakib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 11:55 PM   #108
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakib View Post
Grabber, this conversation isn't worth any more of your time. People aren't talking to each other anymore, they are talking past each other. Let it go. Geok in the span of 2 hours lost all credibility by slinging personal insults at members. We can let whoever's interested beat a dead horse here while the rest of us have fun talking about Mustangs on other threads.
You are right, as usual. Thread = dead. You are now the bro in his sights.
Advertisement

Old 08-18-2014, 12:26 AM   #109

Wow. What a read this one was. New to this particular forum but as a manual owner I can say I think I can beat an auto with good shifting but I also have more room for error and one bad shift will screw me. In the end I think car vs car the manual should win but is boils down to drivers in the end.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Mustang Evolution mobile app
cyberr8der is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 12:28 AM   #110
Registered Member
Regular

I think it would come down to how the manual driver can do the auto should be consistent not matter who the driver
Old 08-18-2014, 01:08 AM   #111

Agreed. You have to be a clown to screw up a run in an auto.
cyberr8der is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 03:37 PM   #112
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
For what it's worth!!!

From this source...

http://www.automobile-catalog.com/

They show the auto being a bit faster.

Editor’s note:
To answer some frequently asked questions: all these numbers are results of the ProfessCars™ software car dynamics simulation. Although it’s accurate and sophisticated, as each simulation has a margin of error. In most cases acceleration times presented in a-c, calculated for cars with full fuel tank and 200lb (90kg) load, could be rather underestimated. It means, that with really good driving skills or/and using special tires, it is possible to achieve even better times. On the other hand, everyday practical accelerations, with extra equipment and load, could be worse.
Lets not forget, an opinion is a judgment, viewpoint, or statement about matters commonly considered to be subjective.
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 04:09 PM   #113
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diehard View Post
From this source...

http://www.automobile-catalog.com/

They show the auto being a bit faster.

Editor’s note:

To answer some frequently asked questions: all these numbers are results of the ProfessCars™ software car dynamics simulation. Although it’s accurate and sophisticated, as each simulation has a margin of error. In most cases acceleration times presented in a-c, calculated for cars with full fuel tank and 200lb (90kg) load, could be rather underestimated. It means, that with really good driving skills or/and using special tires, it is possible to achieve even better times. On the other hand, everyday practical accelerations, with extra equipment and load, could be worse.

Please grabber blue read this because all you have is an opinion . Here are test done and I actually had that race were as in your case you have any type of evidence to back up your conclusion about auto vs manual..... Didn't think so
Old 08-18-2014, 04:24 PM   #114
Registered Member
Regular

Are you really still trying to start with me?
Look, when people debate things on here there is no personal name calling and being a complete D-bag to people. Cut that s--t out. You have lost any credibility with a lot of respected members on here already, just cut your losses and stop. My opinion is my own, if others share it, great, if they don't, great. I don't try to cram my opinion down others throats and rub their faces in it and be a complete jerk the entire time. My opinion is that if a good manual driver powershifts 1st-2nd then quickshifts he will beat an auto, for a number of reasons, including the extra weight of an auto trans.
I could really care less about your race results. I don't care what tests you take and interpret as you see fit to prove anything you are saying. I really don't think anyone does.
Spend a lot of time reading around these forums and absorbing information, learn to not personally insult people and try and jam your opinion down their throats, and maybe, just maybe, you will mature and gain back some level of credibility over time. Because right now, you have none.
Old 08-18-2014, 04:35 PM   #115
Registered Member
Regular

Lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1408397716054.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	49.9 KB
ID:	163797  
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 04:35 PM   #116
Registered Member
Regular

^ One of yall......

Old 08-18-2014, 04:36 PM   #117
Registered Member
Regular

Lol what's your opinion on who wins rapinator
Old 08-18-2014, 04:38 PM   #118
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geok.91 View Post
Lol what's your opinion on who wins rapinator
The auto vs maual?

Stock for stock in there case the manual. ( if he can drive )

Stock auto with 20's he is hurting himself.

Old 08-18-2014, 04:39 PM   #119
Registered Member
Regular

Is that the premium that comes with 20's or are they 18's
Old 08-18-2014, 04:40 PM   #120
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Is that the premium that comes with 20's or are they 18's
The op car is the auto with aftermarket 20's.

But the Premium comes with 19's

Old 08-18-2014, 04:41 PM   #121
Registered Member
Regular

What's the op? Sorry don't know some things still learning about these stangs
Old 08-18-2014, 04:42 PM   #122
Registered Member
Regular

" original poster "

Old 08-18-2014, 04:44 PM   #123
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Other
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue1993 View Post
Go race a stock auto 3.7 mustang against a stock manual 3.7 mustang with someone who knows how to drive and is power shifting. Winner = manual.
Oooohh pick me I volunteer lol

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Bigshow14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 04:47 PM   #124
Registered Member
Regular

I think everyone here is modded though not stock so that wouldn't work
Old 08-18-2014, 04:48 PM   #125
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Not on what this thread was made for from the OP.

Both cars 100% stock,
Auto just has 20's

Old 08-18-2014, 04:49 PM   #126
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post
The auto vs maual?

Stock for stock in there case the manual. ( if he can drive )

Stock auto with 20's he is hurting himself.

^This. If the manual guy can shift. Auto's do have drive line lose, not opinion fact. Same motor, same gear, same octane fuel, identical cars for all intense of purposes, just one auto and one capable manual driver, the manual should slightly win. While negligible, the auto transmission is heavier and suffers from minor drive line loss, because its an auto. Its not because its "slower".

2013 3.7 Manual Candy apple red metallic,
GT 500 stripes, painted side mirror covers, GT 500 spoiler, 2010 GT premium wheels with Pirelli P-zero tires, upper and lower front billet grille, Barton shifter bracket, Airaid Cold air intake, S.R lowering springs, J&M adjustable panhard bar, Boss 302 strut tower brace, 3.73 ford racing gears, Bama tuned, BBK shorty headers, Roush Axel backs.
FastFord13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 04:49 PM   #127
Registered Member
Regular

Mine has 17's I believe
Old 08-18-2014, 04:51 PM   #128
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Just lowering springs and shifter bracket plus a good left foot right hand combo

Old 08-18-2014, 04:54 PM   #129
Registered Member
Regular

Just leave this here

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1408398847569.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	45.2 KB
ID:	163798  
Old 08-18-2014, 04:57 PM   #130
Registered Member
Regular

Hey how much would it cost for spray ? And would that be okay for the v6 without to much harm
Old 08-18-2014, 04:58 PM   #131
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigshow14 View Post
Just lowering springs and shifter bracket plus a good left foot right hand combo

We'll if your located in Maryland I'm all up for it
Old 08-18-2014, 06:04 PM   #132
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
We'll if your located in Maryland I'm all up for it
Naaa too far for me jkjk. Just trying to break the tension with a little humor.
Old 08-18-2014, 06:11 PM   #133
VIG
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Delaware
Who would win??

To answer the question on who would win: either one could win.

The automatic has the advantage in quickness of shifts and it will never ever miss.

The manual has the advantage in that there is not as much loss between the crank and the wheels. Once the clutch is let out there is a direct connection between the crankshaft and the wheels.

Unless you're in overdrive in the auto (which you would not be in in a race) there is not a direct connection.

The automatic will have more consistent results. Out of 10 races, stock vs stock, I'd be willing to bet my left nut that the automatic would win more times than the manual just due to human error. I don't think many humans would be able to be that consistent.

As for the clutch issue, harder shifts aren't going to wear down your clutch as much as feathering it. The longer it takes you to take your foot all the way off the clutch, the longer it is spinning against the flywheel and creating friction hence wearing down the clutch disc. When your foot is all the way off the clutch, the clutch is spinning with the flywheel.
Old 08-18-2014, 06:57 PM   #134
Registered Member
Regular

I understand that about the clutch it the Powershifting not letting off the gas while shifting we should start a thread on Powershifting
Old 08-20-2014, 12:59 AM   #135
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Have fun Powershifting guys idc what you do to your cars if u got the money for repairs by all means Powershift away but at no means is Powershifting okay for your car not if you do it once a week or once a month or everyday it's not healthy. Smoking 1 cigarette a day or a pack a day your still gonna get cancer

I've power shifted muscle cars since the 1960's. NEVER had a problem. Sure it's harder on the clutch etc but if you didn't buy your car to race it then don't race it.
Midnight2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 01:13 AM   #136
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue1993 View Post
After some research I found that 2012 mustangs cannot have the performance package if they are automatic, only manuals were able to have it. Not sure if true or not, just read it on another forum. I have an automatic, so I guess I can't have the performance pack. I do have the 3.31 gears though, and on my shifter I have 1,2, and 3 under my PRND, and I use the little button under the big one to shift through those, and it lets me shift when I hold it. I am stumped. Hopefully someone can chime in on what that is.

Actually no you don't. The small button is grade assist. It is essentially the same thing as Sport Mode in the 13/14 without using the +\- button to manually shift. It keeps your car out of overdrive and locks out 6th gear. It holds the gears longer and gives you engine breaking when the car downshifts on its own or when braking or going down a grade. If you press it once it's on, press again it's off. So while on your car will hold a gear longer and if you press it off it may up shift if it's at the right point. But press it again and it won't up shift to the next gear. If anything it will place it back into engine braking or downshift to a lower gear. If you do want to shift through the gears place it in 1 then you can shift to 2 and 3 the D which will be 4th. The tranny will then shift to 5th on its own but no 6th if the grade assist is on. To 5th then 6th if off. When grade assist is on your dash will show a little car traveling down hill. Your manual will tell you this is for going down hill but it is also for uphill to avoid constant automatic up and down shifting. BTW if you put your car in 1 and hit close to redline without shifting it yourself it a WILL auto shift on its own. Sport Mode in 13/14 will hold the gear regardless.
Old 08-20-2014, 07:38 PM   #137
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Ssssooooooooo OP did you race this guy yet?

1989 Sonic Blue LX Coupe, 349 ci, TW heads, TFS Track Heat Intake, 75mm Accufab TB, 80mm ProM, 30 lb. inj, TKO, 3.73, 31 spline w/ TruTrac, MAC 1-5/8" LT headers w/ H pipe, Flowmaster, electric fan Moates QH
391 rwhp & 424 rwtq...Mustang Dyno 11.5@122mph
smurf stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 11:33 PM   #138
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight2012 View Post
Actually no you don't. The small button is grade assist. It is essentially the same thing as Sport Mode in the 13/14 without using the +\- button to manually shift. It keeps your car out of overdrive and locks out 6th gear. It holds the gears longer and gives you engine breaking when the car downshifts on its own or when braking or going down a grade. If you press it once it's on, press again it's off. So while on your car will hold a gear longer and if you press it off it may up shift if it's at the right point. But press it again and it won't up shift to the next gear. If anything it will place it back into engine braking or downshift to a lower gear. If you do want to shift through the gears place it in 1 then you can shift to 2 and 3 the D which will be 4th. The tranny will then shift to 5th on its own but no 6th if the grade assist is on. To 5th then 6th if off. When grade assist is on your dash will show a little car traveling down hill. Your manual will tell you this is for going down hill but it is also for uphill to avoid constant automatic up and down shifting. BTW if you put your car in 1 and hit close to redline without shifting it yourself it a WILL auto shift on its own. Sport Mode in 13/14 will hold the gear regardless.
Is this true for the 05-10 cars as well? I'll throw my auto into 1st, WOT to redline/rev limited 1-3 times then shift to 2nd etc. I've never sat there in 1 watching it just redline forever though haha
Old 08-21-2014, 01:09 AM   #139
Registered Member
Regular

Who would win??

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Stangz View Post
Is this true for the 05-10 cars as well? I'll throw my auto into 1st, WOT to redline/rev limited 1-3 times then shift to 2nd etc. I've never sat there in 1 watching it just redline forever though haha

Never had an 05-10 sorry don't know. And to be honest haven't tried my 12 to redline manually. Just trusting those who have. I know from experience the rest I shared to be fact. Guess I'm going to have to try it, lol

Reading the 2010 2011/12 and 2013/14 owners manuals gives a better understanding of how the automatics work. Why Ford changed the terminology or the explanation from one year to the next is beyond me.
Old 08-21-2014, 06:40 PM   #140
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by smurf stang View Post
Ssssooooooooo OP did you race this guy yet?

Alright guys so these are the results, I met up with my friend to this close road downtown where I live at and we did first to 3 wins, and I beat him the first 3 times! I was so surprised! And you can tell that he was pissed, he insisted that something was wrong with his clutch or whatever, I do t know much about stick but I know when someone is full of it. I didn't beat him by a lot, but I can say at least a car and a half length. What I found that helped me a lot was to start accelerating right when he was going to honk the 3rd time. So I guess having 20's weren't to bad on me after all, or either he was just a bad manual driver . Unfortunately don't have vids because it was just the two of us.

Dcansmack is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang