Dyno time - Page 4 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-21-2014, 03:26 PM   #106
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shunc01 View Post
I'm using steeda now but just couldn't feel as strong as my Mpt. Do you guys think I should use my Mpt since it was running a little lean? Here's the graph

Borla touring, airraid Cai, Mac ceramic shorty headers, frrp x pipe, 2010 gt500 rims, 35 % tint and more to come..
I'd say your pretty safe. It's not dangerously lean.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-21-2014, 03:28 PM   #107
Registered Member
Regular

Here's the full graph

Borla touring, airraid Cai, Mac ceramic shorty headers, frrp x pipe, 2010 gt500 rims, 35 % tint and more to come..
shunc01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 03:42 PM   #108
Registered Member
Regular

here it is hopefully..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-21-2014, 03:51 PM   #109
Registered Member
Regular

Oh try uploading the PDFs. Take a screen shot
Old 08-21-2014, 03:53 PM   #110
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Well dynoing in 3rd gear will make your numbers lower.

Stupid question here......And looking at this, all hp numbers seem to be the same. Are you sure you loaded the tunes correctly?

Very weird, not about the numerical value but they are about the same stock or tuned?

1989 Sonic Blue LX Coupe, 349 ci, TW heads, TFS Track Heat Intake, 75mm Accufab TB, 80mm ProM, 30 lb. inj, TKO, 3.73, 31 spline w/ TruTrac, MAC 1-5/8" LT headers w/ H pipe, Flowmaster, electric fan Moates QH
391 rwhp & 424 rwtq...Mustang Dyno 11.5@122mph
smurf stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 04:18 PM   #111
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by smurf stang View Post
Well dynoing in 3rd gear will make your numbers lower.

Stupid question here......And looking at this, all hp numbers seem to be the same. Are you sure you loaded the tunes correctly?

Very weird, not about the numerical value but they are about the same stock or tuned?
I loaded the tune correctly and that's what I thought when I saw the number my tuned numbers are the same number compared to my stock hp wise but tq went up compared to my stock..

Old 08-21-2014, 04:45 PM   #112
Registered Member
Regular

It's very odd indeed
Old 08-21-2014, 04:56 PM   #113
Registered Member
Regular

I probably have the world's slowest 3.7.. Lol..

Old 08-21-2014, 07:10 PM   #114
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue1993 View Post
But if it's in sport mode on the Dyno the tunes don't work ... They only work in D I'm pretty sure they don't tune for sport mode
Half right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fintile View Post
Ya if he was in Sport than all 3 runs should have been the same. There are noticable differences between the 3. Like just in the AFR alone the MPT goes lean about 13.1-13.3 where it should be hovering around 12-12.3 like the Steeda. I'm interested to read what Sakib has to say on this.
Wrong. But I like the part that you are interested to hear what I say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voltwings View Post
Correct, The shift tables are their own separate part of the tune, so the performance aspects can be adjusted without them.
That makes total sense.

I was always skeptical when I read people say before that the tunes don't work on Sport mode. Sport mode is just a change in the shift tables. It locks out 6th gear and holds the gears longer. The thing is, a big part of the aftermarket tunes you buy is the revised shift points, but it is far from the only part. When you load a tune, you have the engine off so that the tuner can load it up to the ECU. All these performance parameters have then been set, there is no going back unless you turn off the car and reload another tune. It never made any sense to me that simply by going from D to S you are going to flip back and forth between your aftermarket tune and the stock tune. Impossible. But what is changing is the shift schedule. When you are in Sport mode it will go back to the Ford sport mode shift schedule. All the other performance parameters are still the aftermarket tune. But since the shift points is such an important part of the tune and changes your driving experience on the open road, people say that your tune does not work on Sport mode. They are right, for practical purposes, but they are not right as far as the dyno is concerned. On the dyno you are locked into one gear. So the shift schedule won't make any difference to the dyno measurements. All those other performance parameters in the aftermarket tune are very much active. The key piece of information here, that I didn't know before, is what Voltwings said. The shift tables and the other performance tables are in separate parts of the tune. Knowing that, all of this makes sense.

Grabber asked what about on the 2012s. The 2012s (and 2011s)also have Sport mode, but it is called Hill Assist. Same function as Sport mode, it locks out 6th gear and changes the shift schedule. However, 2012s do not have SelectShift, where you can upshift/downshift with the rocker switch that the 2013-14s have. Voltwings asked how you can lock into a gear on the 2012s then. On the 2012s we have a traditional P-R-N-D-3-2-1 gear box, so we can just select either 1st, 2nd, or 3rd gear to lock into.

Quote:
I loaded the tune correctly and that's what I thought when I saw the number my tuned numbers are the same number compared to my stock hp wise but tq went up compared to my stock..
Man.... it really sucks that the datalog didn't work out. If we had that we would have known for sure whether your tunes loaded or not. Oh well, live and learn.

Okay, shifting gears (ha ha ha....), Shunc forwarded me and Voltwings an email from the dyno guy with the "data". Unfortunately, it's exactly what I feared would happen. He only sent us the graphs, not the raw data. There's nothing Voltwings and I can do with this. Shunc gave me the contact info (both email and phone number) of the dyno guy. I emailed him around 2pm today asking if he could provide me the raw numbers so we can analyze this data. No response yet. I'll give him a call tomorrow. Let's keep our fingers crossed.

In case he doesn't send us the data, there is a possible way we could try extracting it from the graphs. Maybe on Photoshop we can try reading the numbers off of it by writing a program that looks at the pixel locations of the lines on the graph, and equates it to the x and y axes. It sounds like a whole lot of time and a huge pain in the a$$, so I hope it doesn't come to that.

It seems that Shunc is having trouble posting the graphs from the pdf. I'll take screenshots and put them up later this evening.

Now I gotta go dump a bucket of ice on my head.
Sakib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 07:42 PM   #115
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakib View Post
Half right.

Wrong. But I like the part that you are interested to hear what I say.

That makes total sense.

I was always skeptical when I read people say before that the tunes don't work on Sport mode. Sport mode is just a change in the shift tables. It locks out 6th gear and holds the gears longer. The thing is, a big part of the aftermarket tunes you buy is the revised shift points, but it is far from the only part. When you load a tune, you have the engine off so that the tuner can load it up to the ECU. All these performance parameters have then been set, there is no going back unless you turn off the car and reload another tune. It never made any sense to me that simply by going from D to S you are going to flip back and forth between your aftermarket tune and the stock tune. Impossible. But what is changing is the shift schedule. When you are in Sport mode it will go back to the Ford sport mode shift schedule. All the other performance parameters are still the aftermarket tune. But since the shift points is such an important part of the tune and changes your driving experience on the open road, people say that your tune does not work on Sport mode. They are right, for practical purposes, but they are not right as far as the dyno is concerned. On the dyno you are locked into one gear. So the shift schedule won't make any difference to the dyno measurements. All those other performance parameters in the aftermarket tune are very much active. The key piece of information here, that I didn't know before, is what Voltwings said. The shift tables and the other performance tables are in separate parts of the tune. Knowing that, all of this makes sense.

Grabber asked what about on the 2012s. The 2012s (and 2011s)also have Sport mode, but it is called Hill Assist. Same function as Sport mode, it locks out 6th gear and changes the shift schedule. However, 2012s do not have SelectShift, where you can upshift/downshift with the rocker switch that the 2013-14s have. Voltwings asked how you can lock into a gear on the 2012s then. On the 2012s we have a traditional P-R-N-D-3-2-1 gear box, so we can just select either 1st, 2nd, or 3rd gear to lock into.

Man.... it really sucks that the datalog didn't work out. If we had that we would have known for sure whether your tunes loaded or not. Oh well, live and learn.

Okay, shifting gears (ha ha ha....), Shunc forwarded me and Voltwings an email from the dyno guy with the "data". Unfortunately, it's exactly what I feared would happen. He only sent us the graphs, not the raw data. There's nothing Voltwings and I can do with this. Shunc gave me the contact info (both email and phone number) of the dyno guy. I emailed him around 2pm today asking if he could provide me the raw numbers so we can analyze this data. No response yet. I'll give him a call tomorrow. Let's keep our fingers crossed.

In case he doesn't send us the data, there is a possible way we could try extracting it from the graphs. Maybe on Photoshop we can try reading the numbers off of it by writing a program that looks at the pixel locations of the lines on the graph, and equates it to the x and y axes. It sounds like a whole lot of time and a huge pain in the a$$, so I hope it doesn't come to that.

It seems that Shunc is having trouble posting the graphs from the pdf. I'll take screenshots and put them up later this evening.

Now I gotta go dump a bucket of ice on my head.
It's funny when you said about a bucket of ice on your head, cos me and my wife just did it 2 minutes ago. I asked for the raw data and this is all what he gave me and this is my first dyno so I don't know how raw data looks like, I'm sorry about that. Iv read online about the mustang dyno having lower number than a dyno jet is this true? And if it is, the guy told me that it would be 20 % loss compared to a dyno jet so if my math is right it would be 47 plus 236 is 283 hp but it is hard to believe that my number is so low. Hopefully Gregg the dyno guy would respond tomorrow or give him a call if you don't mind since you know what you're talking about rather than me. By the way I tried the steeda on the way home and I can't stand it, I have to pull over on the side of the road and load up my Mpt tune since I'm use to the power of it. Thanks again man appreciate you're time and effort. Would love to give you the raw data but I guess I messed up in that one. I can't data log since my new lap top can't communicate with the sct website because of it being a windows 8.1 just a waste of money getting it could have gone for gears.

Old 08-21-2014, 07:55 PM   #116
Registered Member
Regular

I'm not having a good day today first I got called for work even though I asked for a week off, second I could not understand why my numbers are low and third I just post this graph at the wrong thread. Oh boy..

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1408668774809.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	57.0 KB
ID:	164013   Click image for larger version

Name:	1408668781997.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	57.1 KB
ID:	164014  

Click image for larger version

Name:	1408668790490.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	56.7 KB
ID:	164015   Click image for larger version

Name:	1408668798543.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	65.0 KB
ID:	164016  

Old 08-21-2014, 08:11 PM   #117
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Would love to give you the raw data but I guess I messed up in that one. I can't data log since my new lap top can't communicate with the sct website because of it being a windows 8.1 just a waste of money getting it could have gone for gears.

You don't need to apologize for either the datalog or the dyno raw data. Neither one of those are your fault. The datalog didn't work because you have Windows 8. The dyno raw data didn't work because the guy didn't send what you asked him to send, you did it perfect. What is it that you're talking about at the end that you wasted your money on and could have gone for gears? Your laptop? Or something that you bought to do the datalog?

Quote:
Iv read online about the mustang dyno having lower number than a dyno jet is this true? And if it is, the guy told me that it would be 20 % loss compared to a dyno jet so if my math is right it would be 47 plus 236 is 283 hp but it is hard to believe that my number is so low.

I don't know about mustang dyno vs. dyno jet, I will let more experienced people like Voltwings, smurfstang, 2011 Kona Blue, or Rapinator (if he's reading this thread) answer that. Your math is incorrect though. You made the common mistake of taking 20% of the whp number and adding it to the whp to get the crank. It's 20% loss from the crank to the wheels. So you need to divide your whp by 0.8 to get the crank hp. So 236/0.8 = 295 hp at the crank. That's not bad. Lower than Ford's rating, but as Voltwings and others have said, the number doesn't mean much, because of calibration differences and other variables on different dynos.
Old 08-21-2014, 08:21 PM   #118
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
You don't need to apologize for either the datalog or the dyno raw data. Neither one of those are your fault. The datalog didn't work because you have Windows 8. The dyno raw data didn't work because the guy didn't send what you asked him to send, you did it perfect. What is it that you're talking about at the end that you wasted your money on and could have gone for gears? Your laptop? Or something that you bought to do the datalog?

No its the laptop bought it for 700 bucks when I could have gotten gears from it.. Well I still have 2 weeks to return it. Lol

I don't know about mustang dyno vs. dyno jet, I will let more experienced people like Voltwings, smurfstang, 2011 Kona Blue, or Rapinator (if he's reading this thread) answer that. Your math is incorrect though. You made the common mistake of taking 20% of the whp number and adding it to the whp to get the crank. It's 20% loss from the crank to the wheels. So you need to divide your whp by 0.8 to get the crank hp. So 236/0.8 = 295 hp at the crank. That's not bad. Lower than Ford's rating, but as Voltwings and others have said, the number doesn't mean much, because of calibration differences and other variables on different dynos.
Basing on your calculations 295 at the crank but what would it be at the wheels? Just trying to pick your brain but that would have been nice if this is the case.. So I have a question for you since I'm using my Mpt as my daily driver do you think it's safe enough to drive it since it's a little bit lean.

Old 08-21-2014, 08:24 PM   #119
Registered Member
Regular

Never mind is 236 at the wheels but do you think it's still low with the mods I put into it..

Old 08-21-2014, 08:26 PM   #120
Registered Member
Regular

Wow I have been having issues with this app not posting my comments or replies.

SAKIB
I completely miss understood what people were saying about sport mode. I thought that it ran on a different set of maps within the ecu. I now know it has to do with the transmission mapping and it's shift points and pertains to the automatics (which I know nothing about.)
Old 08-21-2014, 08:32 PM   #121
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Basing on your calculations 295 at the crank but what would it be at the wheels? Just trying to pick your brain but that would have been nice if this is the case.. So I have a question for you since I'm using my Mpt as my daily driver do you think it's safe enough to drive it since it's a little bit lean.

Hold up, I'm confused. When they guy said 20% losses, what was he talking about? 20% of the original horsepower is lost from the crank going to the dyno? That's what I thought you meant. If that's what you mean, then the number you got on the dyno (236) needs to be divided by 0.8 to give you the number you really have at the crank (295). Now you are asking me what 295 at the crank would be at the wheels. Well, it should be 236 of course. 80% of 295. But I think I am probably not understand what you mean by the 20% loss. 20% from where to where, exactly?

I'm not confident enough to answer your question about running a little lean. I'll let others answer.
Old 08-21-2014, 08:40 PM   #122
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Never mind is 236 at the wheels but do you think it's still low with the mods I put into it..

Oh. Haha. Well disregard my previous post! Yeah, regarding how low it is with the mods you put into it... again, we don't know the answer to that question unless we have some other 3.7 mustangs to compare it to on that dyno. Ideally with the same guy who ran the dyno, same settings. Do you know if they ran 3.7L's on that dyno before?

Quote:
Wow I have been having issues with this app not posting my comments or replies.

SAKIB
I completely miss understood what people were saying about sport mode. I thought that it ran on a different set of maps within the ecu. I now know it has to do with the transmission mapping and it's shift points and pertains to the automatics (which I know nothing about.

Hey man, I just learned about how Sport mode works this week! Like just a few days ago! From my discussions on that "Who would win" insane argument thread, PM's with GrabberBlue1993 to find out what was really going on with his 2012, and looking up a really old thread called "Bye Bye T Handle" in which the user Midnight2012 wrote an excellent explanation. It's incredible how much I've learned in my one year on this website, that's what ME is all about, learning from each other.
Old 08-21-2014, 08:54 PM   #123
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Oh. Haha. Well disregard my previous post! Yeah, regarding how low it is with the mods you put into it... again, we don't know the answer to that question unless we have some other 3.7 mustangs to compare it to on that dyno. Ideally with the same guy who ran the dyno, same settings. Do you know if they ran 3.7L's on that dyno before?

This is what he told me that dyno jet has more horse power rating than a Mustang dyno cos Mustang dyno is more conservative and it losses 20 % more compared to a dyno jet. I hope this is clearer. Sorry my English is not that great.

Hey man, I just learned about how Sport mode works this week! Like just a few days ago! From my discussions on that "Who would win" insane argument thread, PM's with GrabberBlue1993 to find out what was really going on with his 2012, and looking up a really old thread called "Bye Bye T Handle" in which the user Midnight2012 wrote an excellent explanation. It's incredible how much I've learned in my one year on this website, that's what ME is all about, learning from each other.

Old 08-21-2014, 08:55 PM   #124
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Quote:
Hold up, I'm confused. When they guy said 20% losses, what was he talking about? 20% of the original horsepower is lost from the crank going to the dyno? That's what I thought you meant. If that's what you mean, then the number you got on the dyno (236) needs to be divided by 0.8 to give you the number you really have at the crank (295). Now you are asking me what 295 at the crank would be at the wheels. Well, it should be 236 of course. 80% of 295. But I think I am probably not understand what you mean by the 20% loss. 20% from where to where, exactly?

The guy running the dyno told him the mustang dyno reads 20% lower than a dyno jet would read, implying that if he dyno'd it elsewhere he could see up to 295 at the wheels.

Mustang dyno's do usually run lower, but not 20% lower to my knowledge.

My scientific mind is much more interested in dyno'ing a car in 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th gears, and seeing if the power bands have the same shape or have any "rpm lag". It's common knowledge that we try to dyno the car in the 1:1 ratio, usually 5th, maybe 4th gear. 3rd gear reads lower horsepower and torque.

You would think that if you could extrapolate the full numbers from a 2nd or 3rd gear pull that would be the safer thing to do. No one would be worrying about their driveshafts... but since no one does this, there must be other factors that come into play.
Old 08-21-2014, 08:57 PM   #125
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiveWire003 View Post
The guy running the dyno told him the mustang dyno reads 20% lower than a dyno jet would read, implying that if he dyno'd it elsewhere he could see up to 295 at the wheels.

My scientific mind is much more interested in dyno'ing a car in 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th gears, and seeing if the power bands have the same shape or have any "rpm lag". It's common knowledge that we try to dyno the car in the 1:1 ratio, usually 5th, maybe 4th gear. 3rd gear reads lower horsepower and torque.

You would think that if you could extrapolate the full numbers from a 2nd or 3rd gear pull that would be the safer thing to do. No one would be worrying about their driveshafts... but since no one does this, there must be other factors that come into play.
Thank you sir this is what I meant, and its in 3rd gear pull and runs the limiter to 6900. I asked him if he could go higher but he told me that the engine could run very hot.

Old 08-21-2014, 09:23 PM   #126
Registered Member
Regular

Ya the drive shaft limits our ability to dyno the car properly. About your MPT tune I'd say your fine. If MPT is confident in that tune to run safely then go for it.
Old 08-21-2014, 09:27 PM   #127
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Ya the drive shaft limits our ability to dyno the car properly. About your MPT tune I'd say your fine. If MPT is confident in that tune to run safely then go for it.
I spoke with Chris at Mpt and will have there lead calibrator look into this I also sent him my dyno file, by the way it's not mike anymore I forgot the guys name but hopefully his as good as mike. I told him the afr and he told me that I should be fine but he will look more into this.

Old 08-21-2014, 09:27 PM   #128
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiveWire003 View Post

Whoaaaaa, that changes everything! You have an auto right? So assuming 18% drivetrain loss from the dyno jet reading 295 hp at the WHEELS, you have 295/0.82 = 360 hp at the crank!

If I'm mistaken and you have a manual, then it's 15% losses, which means 295/0.85 = 347 hp at the crank.

Feel better now?
Old 08-21-2014, 09:31 PM   #129
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Whoaaaaa, that changes everything! You have an auto right? So assuming 18% drivetrain loss from the dyno jet reading 295 hp at the WHEELS, you have 295/0.82 = 360 hp at the crank!

If I'm mistaken and you have a manual, then it's 15% losses, which means 295/0.85 = 347 hp at the crank.

Feel better now?
Your saying an auto will make more HP than a manual?
Old 08-21-2014, 09:32 PM   #130
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Feel better now?
Hahaha.. I got an auto but that number is unrealistic but that would be awesome. Just curious what can you find in the raw data? Can you measure hp rating just by looking at it? Hoping he would reply to you tomorrow.

Old 08-21-2014, 10:31 PM   #131
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Hahaha.. I got an auto but that number is unrealistic but that would be awesome. Just curious what can you find in the raw data? Can you measure hp rating just by looking at it? Hoping he would reply to you tomorrow.

LiveWire003 did say that he thinks the 20% difference between Mustang Dyno and Dyno Jet is an overestimate.

No, I won't be able to figure out hp ratings, it will be the same issue as what we're talking about, that the number itself doesn't mean anything. What Voltwings and I can figure out if we get the raw data, however, is things like the area under the curve for the different tunes, including in different RPM ranges. I don't really know how much stuff we can figure out, but we'll try to play with it as much as we can, and use that to understand how your mods and tunes are affecting your power. It will be even better after GrabberBlue1993 goes to the dyno. He mods are similar to yours but not the same. It'll be cool to quantitatively compare the results. We could even try to figure out which is better, the BBK or Mac shorties. This is not really possible with just the graphs.
Old 08-21-2014, 10:48 PM   #132
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Quote:
I spoke with Chris at Mpt and will have there lead calibrator look into this I also sent him my dyno file, by the way it's not mike anymore I forgot the guys name but hopefully his as good as mike. I told him the afr and he told me that I should be fine but he will look more into this.

It's Ken over at MPT, and he's amazing! I would listen to and trust anything he says. He has been a wealth of info. for me and my car.

I am hope fully going to set up a dyno appt. next week.... I just need to find the time/help to get these headers on!
Old 08-21-2014, 11:30 PM   #133
Registered Member
Regular

I really want to get my car dynoed now!
Old 08-22-2014, 09:42 AM   #134
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I'm using steeda now but just couldn't feel as strong as my Mpt. Do you guys think I should use my Mpt since it was running a little lean? Here's the graph

Sorry, i meant to address this in your email, but i think i forgot. I'm assuming that AFR is measured from an 02 bung they attached to your tail pipe? o2 readings from the tail pipe will always read leaner than from further up in the exhaust system. I would go as far as to guess the steeda tune is actually rich (for safety) and the MPT is on point.
Voltwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 09:58 AM   #135
Registered Member
Regular

Hey, kind of good news. I just talked on the phone with the dyno shop. They have the raw data, but they guy who ran shunc's dyno just doesn't know how to pull it off the computer. He's going to have one of his colleagues send it to me, but he says they are really busy right now. It would be nice if they send it today so we can work on it over the weekend. Will let you all know.
Old 08-22-2014, 10:10 AM   #136
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Sorry, i meant to address this in your email, but i think i forgot. I'm assuming that AFR is measured from an 02 bung they attached to your tail pipe? o2 readings from the tail pipe will always read leaner than from further up in the exhaust system. I would go as far as to guess the steeda tune is actually rich (for safety) and the MPT is on point.
Interesting they did measured it from the tail pipe it was like a wire that attached from the passenger tail pipe. If this is the case then I'm right on the number Mpt is.

---------- Post added at 09:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:09 AM ----------

Quote:
Hey, kind of good news. I just talked on the phone with the dyno shop. They have the raw data, but they guy who ran shunc's dyno just doesn't know how to pull it off the computer. He's going to have one of his colleagues send it to me, but he says they are really busy right now. It would be nice if they send it today so we can work on it over the weekend. Will let you all know.
Wohooo.. Nice...

Old 08-22-2014, 10:32 AM   #137
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
That's very good to know. So where it looks like your on the money with Steedas tune you run just a bit rich. I wonder how the BAMA tunes will look.
Old 08-22-2014, 01:01 PM   #138
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Interesting they did measured it from the tail pipe it was like a wire that attached from the passenger tail pipe. If this is the case then I'm right on the number Mpt is.

---------- Post added at 09:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:09 AM ----------

Wohooo.. Nice...

I just got an email from Mpt and Voltwings is right saying that my Mpt was actually running the right amount of afr since the sniffer test that was mounted on the tailpipe of the exhaust generally speaking read . 5 to. 7 points leaner in afr Than what actual afr is specially for vehicles still equipped with cats. So Voltwings is right on in this. And also thanks Sakib for the help.

Old 08-22-2014, 02:10 PM   #139
Registered Member
Regular

Oh very nice to know. So your Steeds tune is too rich. See if they will lean it out by 2-3% and send a revised tune.
Old 08-22-2014, 03:15 PM   #140
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Oh very nice to know. So your Steeds tune is too rich. See if they will lean it out by 2-3% and send a revised tune.
I gave up on steeda I sent them an email like 2 weeks ago and never responded to me. I email Mpt yesterday and got an answer early today.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang