V6 to GT grille swap - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-18-2014, 09:37 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

V6 to GT grille swap

I've checked out the other posts on this but I just want some confirmation.

Is this all need to do the V6 to GT swap, if I go with the Saleen grille and Laguna Seca front splitter? Or would I need the bumper cover with chin spoiler too? I would think this is enough since it looks like the Laguna Seca kit gets rid of the GT chin spoiler.

Mustang GT Front Bumper Cover | NewTakeOff.com

Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution
blueprint87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-19-2014, 08:12 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
I think that's it, but I can't say for sure. Maybe call that company to see if there is anything else you need.

2008 Roush 427R
2014 V6 Prem
rmb427r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 09:34 AM   #3

Region: Arizona
Im positive you can swap out our bumpers for the gt bumpers all day but for the grill im not sure if they are the same. I dont see why you wouldnt be able to put it on the v6 front bumper unless theres different mounting points
Bottlefed stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-19-2014, 11:22 AM   #4
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bottlefed stang View Post
Im positive you can swap out our bumpers for the gt bumpers all day but for the grill im not sure if they are the same. I dont see why you wouldnt be able to put it on the v6 front bumper unless theres different mounting points
What year? On the 2011 to 2012, you'll need the GT front bumper to add the lower valance to net you the Boss or Laguna Seca lower piece that attaches to the GT lower valance.

I have the Boss lower piece; that Laguna Seca version is longer out front; you'll tap a few parking lot concrete stops with it!
Old 08-19-2014, 11:32 AM   #5

I've swapped the gt bumper onto my 14 so I think the years bumpers might be a little different I was looking into the boss splitter but like you said I'd be afraid to smack a few curbs with it!

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Old 08-19-2014, 11:49 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
OP, yes if you got a Saleen grille that item you linked to will be all you need for your conversion. If you want to run a different GT grille you will need to get a grille surround as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bottlefed stang View Post
I've swapped the gt bumper onto my 14 so I think the years bumpers might be a little different I was looking into the boss splitter but like you said I'd be afraid to smack a few curbs with it!

How did that work? You'd have to get a new hood as well if you swapped a 11-12 GT bumper onto a 14, and if you switched a 13-14 GT bumper on, WHY? They are the same...
Old 08-19-2014, 12:04 PM   #7

No switched a 14 bumper onto mine from when I hit a pipe laying in the middle of the freeway it went right on that's how I know there interchangeable for 13-14 sorry for not being specific on that

Old 08-19-2014, 12:54 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks everyone. The information is helpful. I've got a 2012 V6 and I'm thinking about a bumper swap and throwing on the Saleen grille and the Boss/CS lower front fascia (might skip the Laguna seca splitter, even though I love the look, because I know I'll scratch it up on my work's steep driveway).

Old 08-19-2014, 12:56 PM   #9
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: Texas
OP, you never stated the year of your car. 13-14 V6 and GT bumpers are the same with just a different grille. 10-12 V6 and GT bumpers are different. For stock cars if you already have a GT grille and chin spoiler you will only need the bumper shown in the link. The V6 grille will not work. I would assume that a Saleen grille would be the same as a GT grill fit wise so I would think you are good with that. The chin spoiler that comes with that bumper is the stock GT version. It just pops out and you can replace it with the LS assembly, which I assume you already have. It's all a real easy swap. There is a really good YouTube that shows how. The catch is that it is for changing headlight assemblies, so look for that.
2002 Black/Red GT (Ginger)
2011 Red Candy Metallic V6 (Manfred)
2016 Magnetic Metallic GT (Susie II)
bigmac3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 12:58 PM   #10
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueprint87 View Post
Thanks everyone. The information is helpful. I've got a 2012 V6 and I'm thinking about a bumper swap and throwing on the Saleen grille and the Boss/CS lower front fascia (might skip the Laguna seca splitter, even though I love the look, because I know I'll scratch it up on my work's steep driveway).

I put the CSC chin spoiler on mine and unfortunately I drag it a lot.
2002 Black/Red GT (Ginger)
2011 Red Candy Metallic V6 (Manfred)
2016 Magnetic Metallic GT (Susie II)
bigmac3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 06:12 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
Just did my front end conversion. Just need the bumper and grille. Mine came with a lower valance already as it was a take-off, but you'll need that as well.

Personally, if you think you're going to scrape, I wouldn't put $900+ of Laguna seca splitter on there lol
2011 V6 Race Red - Airaid CAI , BBK 73mm Throttle Body, 3.73 FRPP Gears, BBK Longtube Headers , BBK Off Road X-Pipe , Borla ATAKs , SR Performance Strut Tower Brace, MPT 91R Tune, Powerstop Rotors and pads, JLT Oil Seperator, Koni STR.T Struts & Shocks, Eibach Pro Line Springs, BMR Adjustable Panhard Bar, J&M Caster Camber Plates, Mickey Thompson Street Comps on 19" Laguna Seca Hyper Black Wheels, Several other aesthetic mods
JoeyM91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 08:32 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyM91 View Post
Just did my front end conversion. Just need the bumper and grille. Mine came with a lower valance already as it was a take-off, but you'll need that as well.

Personally, if you think you're going to scrape, I wouldn't put $900+ of Laguna seca splitter on there lol

Yea, after thinking about it, I'll skip the Laguna seca splitter but probably throw on the boss lower fascia by itself without a splitter. Still like that look, especially with Saleen grille.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang