NEW TOYS - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-20-2014, 07:12 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

NEW TOYS

Just got some new toys..

- BBK Ceramic Tuned Length Shorty Headers
- Raxiom Smoked Aero Tail Lights
- CDC Rear Deck Lid Panel
- Modern Billet Black Retro Replacement Grille -Combo

CANT WAIT!!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0475.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	1.59 MB
ID:	163936   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0476.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	466.6 KB
ID:	163937  

Name:	IMAG0478.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	1.82 MB
ID:	163938  
DirtyDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-20-2014, 07:18 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Woohoo! I just got the same headers. They should be here Friday.
Let me know how you like the tail lights. I can't tell if I like them or not ... they don't look too good on grabber blue I don't think
Old 08-20-2014, 07:32 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue1993 View Post
Let me know how you like the tail lights. I can't tell if I like them or not ... they don't look too good on grabber blue I don't think
I will! I tell you what.... Theses Headers look amazing..I was scared because all the talk about the quality.

2012 v6 Black Performance Package MT CAI 3:73 Ford Racing Gears 91 Hybrid Bama tune Deleted Mufflers
2012 v6 Black Performance Package MT CAI bbk Shorties Ceramic Headers 3:73 Ford Racing Gears MPT 91/ 91 Hybrid Bama tune Deleted Mufflers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-20-2014, 07:35 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Hopefully there was just a bad batch... I'm really hoping nothing is wrong with mine! Autoanything ensured me that there would not be! My first time ordering not from American Muscle so I hope it is a good experience!
Old 08-20-2014, 07:37 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Nice score! Let us know how you like everything

2008 Roush 427R
2014 V6 Prem
rmb427r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 07:51 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Hopefully there was just a bad batch... I'm really hoping nothing is wrong with mine! Autoanything ensured me that there would not be! My first time ordering not from American Muscle so I hope it is a good experience!
Maybe only the chrome was having issues...I got the ceramics..NOT for looks but for performance... I believe less heat = better performance.. I think

2012 v6 Black Performance Package MT CAI 3:73 Ford Racing Gears 91 Hybrid Bama tune Deleted Mufflers
2012 v6 Black Performance Package MT CAI bbk Shorties Ceramic Headers 3:73 Ford Racing Gears MPT 91/ 91 Hybrid Bama tune Deleted Mufflers
Old 08-20-2014, 08:52 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Looks like a good haul of goods. Looking forward to hearing how you like headers. Considering the ceramic ones myself.

Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution
blueprint87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 08:54 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDan View Post
Maybe only the chrome was having issues...I got the ceramics..NOT for looks but for performance... I believe less heat = better performance.. I think

It does, and better engine life. The ceramics are amazing they give off a ridiculously low amount of heat and look brand new 5k miles on them, saw a members at the AM show
Old 08-20-2014, 09:00 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
It does, and better engine life. The ceramics are amazing they give off a ridiculously low amount of heat and look brand new 5k miles on them, saw a members at the AM show
The ceramic headers are the only way too go. I have had my BBK ceramic long tubes for a year now and they look like AM just shipped them out, brand new.

The few extra bucks its costs for ceramic over the chrome is very small and a no brainer. Ceramic all the way.

Sent from my naked Johnson. The third real non Boss 227
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 09:15 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
The ceramic headers are the only way too go. I have had my BBK ceramic long tubes for a year now and they look like AM just shipped them out, brand new.

The few extra bucks its costs for ceramic over the chrome is very small and a no brainer. Ceramic all the way.

I got my ceramic shorty's new for $320, $20 more than the chrome, $80 off the sticker price from Auto Anything. They have a coupon for 15% anything over $150 besides some select products I believe. It is amazing.
Old 08-20-2014, 09:22 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I got my ceramic shorty's new for $320, $20 more than the chrome, $80 off the sticker price from Auto Anything. They have a coupon for 15% anything over $150 besides some select products I believe. It is amazing.
$320...wow!

Old 08-20-2014, 09:24 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
$320...wow!

Yup free shipping too. Placed the order yesterday, they'll be here Friday!
Couldn't be happier
Old 08-20-2014, 10:23 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Awesome deal!

Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution
blueprint87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 11:13 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
You can't beat that bro. My BBK ceramic headers were a bit more than $320 and I believe that's because I did the long tube headers. Interesting, back when I got my long tube headers, shorties were not even available for the 3.7 at that time. The shortie headers did come out several months after I got my long tubes. With that said, I have no regrets with my long tubes and love how they make thr exhaust system sound.

Old 08-20-2014, 11:17 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
You can't beat that bro. My BBK ceramic headers were a bit more than $320 and I believe that's because I did the long tube headers. Interesting, back when I got my long tube headers, shorties were not even available for the 3.7 at that time. The shortie headers did come out several months after I got my long tubes. With that said, I have no regrets with my long tubes and love how they make thr exhaust system sound.

I would have loved to get long tubes, however I can't have them in NY because I won't pass emissions . No O/R pipes allowed. I was limited to shorty headers and either the bbk catted x pipe or the FR x-pipe and I went with the FR x-pipe since the BBK was more than double the cost
Old 08-21-2014, 12:01 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I would have loved to get long tubes, however I can't have them in NY because I won't pass emissions . No O/R pipes allowed. I was limited to shorty headers and either the bbk catted x pipe or the FR x-pipe and I went with the FR x-pipe since the BBK was more than double the cost
Do you like FR x-pipe?

Old 08-21-2014, 12:03 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Do you like FR x-pipe?

I think I do. Not as much power as an O/R pipe obviously, I will know when I get the headers on. They really complement each other.... the dyno next week will show me if I like it or not lol
Old 08-21-2014, 12:12 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I think I do. Not as much power as an O/R pipe obviously, I will know when I get the headers on. They really complement each other.... the dyno next week will show me if I like it or not lol
I removed my mufflers and it sounds real good...but I'm not sure if I lost a little TQ.. but not sure

Old 08-21-2014, 12:16 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I removed my mufflers and it sounds real good...but I'm not sure if I lost a little TQ.. but not sure

The whole "back pressure" conversation/debate is so complicated and complex that I can't explain it. I read an amazingly detailed article on here about it a few months back but I can't find it. I would keep mine on if you're worried about losing anything, especially if you have the cat's still on.
Old 08-21-2014, 12:20 AM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
I got the ceramics..NOT for looks but for performance... I believe less heat = better performance.. I think
You are correct.

Sent from my HTCONE using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Sakib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 12:58 AM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
The whole "back pressure" conversation/debate is so complicated and complex that I can't explain it. I read an amazingly detailed article on here about it a few months back but I can't find it. I would keep mine on if you're worried about losing anything, especially if you have the cat's still on.
I think this is the article you're talking about: Myths about "back-pressure"

To REALLY understand exhaust you need to take classes in thermodynamics, fluid mechanics, and dynamics/vibrations to learn the fundamentals, then move on to learning about exhaust. And oh yeah, you would need physics and calculus up to differential equations for any of those classes. Exhaust is VERY complicated. I wish I still remembered exhaust theory but I've been out of autos for 7 years now. All gone, I'm back to the basics again, trying to remember and learn all over.

However, that is to understand it at the level it would take to write the article I linked to, or design your own exhaust parts. Fortunately most of us casual car enthusiasts don't need to do that. We can get by just fine by reading great articles like that, and most importantly, getting our hands dirty and trying things out. Best way to learn is by doing.

You know what it is that I love about cars most, the thing that just blows my mind and makes me sit back in awe? The design and operation of the automobile involves virtually EVERY engineering/scientific discipline and subject. You've got all those that I named for the exhaust, solid mechanics for the chassis and suspension, chemical engineering for fuel and combustion, aerospace for combustion and aerodynamics, electrical obviously for everything electrical, computer science for the ECU. Just to name a few. The amount of science and math that goes into making a car is mind boggling.

We on this forum appreciate cars for the amazing machines they are. I don't think the normal person, however, realizes when they press the accelerator that thousands of EXPLOSIONS are happening inside their engine every minute, it's happening in a controlled way, and that in turn is making your car move forward at 70 mph in a controlled way. That's not magic. That's an engineering masterpiece.

God I love cars.

Sent from my HTCONE using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Old 08-21-2014, 08:15 AM   #22
Site Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Just got some new toys..

- BBK Ceramic Tuned Length Shorty Headers
- Raxiom Smoked Aero Tail Lights
- CDC Rear Deck Lid Panel
- Modern Billet Black Retro Replacement Grille -Combo

CANT WAIT!!!!
DirtyDan-Awesome! Be sure to post up some pics once they're installed, I'd love to see them!

Quote:
Grabber-They look Great!

Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A SUPERCHARGED MUSTANG & 2017 RAPTOR!
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMAlexLazarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 10:25 AM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Grabber, were you live in Maryland? Is it Harford County?

Old 08-21-2014, 10:33 AM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
The muffler shop said I should not lose any power... I think what it is that it's so loud that when I'm at 4k you want to shift...if that makes sense

Old 08-21-2014, 10:35 AM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
The muffler shop said I should not lose any power... I think what it is that it's so loud that when I'm at 4k you want to shift...if that makes sense

If you read that article it has some results that show removing the muffler will increase HP. I think you are right about the noise just making you change your driving habits.
Old 08-21-2014, 11:01 AM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Grabber, were you live in Maryland? Is it Harford County?

I live in New York, south shore Long Island!

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Old 08-21-2014, 11:04 AM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMAlexLazarus View Post
DirtyDan-Awesome! Be sure to post up some pics once they're installed, I'd love to see them!

Grabber-They look Great!

Wow they look really good in that picture. Can you believe that I didn't see a single grabber blue mustang at the AM show with them!? I was surprised by the lack of GB there and the ones that were were mostly Shelby's .... I think one of your project cars had them ... Now I'm wishing I had gotten them when they were on sale for $185.... Could got em for $170 at the show darn..
Oh well, I will wait and see if they're ever on sale again.
Those are the smoked ones, correct? Maybe I saw non-smoked and that's why I didn't like them.... Those would look sick with my Trufiber decklid

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1408637065.718682.jpg
Views:	192
Size:	939.8 KB
ID:	163982

Old 08-21-2014, 11:34 AM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Wow they look really good in that picture. Can you believe that I didn't see a single grabber blue mustang at the AM show with them!? I was surprised by the lack of GB there and the ones that were were mostly Shelby's .... I think one of your project cars had them ... Now I'm wishing I had gotten them when they were on sale for $185.... Could got em for $170 at the show darn..
Oh well, I will wait and see if they're ever on sale again.
Those are the smoked ones, correct? Maybe I saw non-smoked and that's why I didn't like them.... Those would look sick with my Trufiber decklid
Attachment 163982

I thought this was your car. Whose car is this on here. This car is in Maryland. .

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1408638891942.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	64.5 KB
ID:	163983  
Old 08-21-2014, 11:37 AM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I thought this was your car. Whose car is this on here. This car is in Maryland. .
That pic is what Alex posted to show Grabber how the aero taillights look on a Grabber Blue car.
Old 08-21-2014, 11:38 AM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah that looks good

Old 08-21-2014, 11:46 AM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

IDK I like both!!! I wish the raxiom's didn't have that white on the bottom... I love my stock ones because they don't have that. And the stock ones look awesome at night with my rear decklid panel... decisions, decisions....
Old 08-21-2014, 12:02 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakib View Post
That pic is what Alex posted to show Grabber how the aero taillights look on a Grabber Blue car.
Lmao. My bad bro.

Old 08-21-2014, 12:08 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

So the rest of my order didn't arrive today either, went to check, says its out for delivery..... in Kentucky....
This ever happen to anyone? Not sure what to do. Sent Alex a PM a bit ago, I am unable to call AM today though... Jimmy Buffet concert. woohoo.
Old 08-21-2014, 12:12 PM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
So the rest of my order didn't arrive today either, went to check, says its out for delivery..... in Kentucky....
This ever happen to anyone? Not sure what to do. Sent Alex a PM a bit ago, I am unable to call AM today though... Jimmy Buffet concert. woohoo.
Lol that's a little far from NY

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Rapinator126 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 12:21 PM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post
Lol that's a little far from NY

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
brake pad box came destroyed and blown up, bulbs ended up in Kentucky.... this has not been a good order for me.....

I am literally PRAYING that my headers come fine tomorrow lol.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang