Mustang 2014 v6 build list (possible Killer 6 in the making) - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-23-2014, 04:02 AM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
1st off LMAO Kona u crack me up bro!
OP glad u decided to kill the fake Shelby idea.
Be careful when going with adj LCA when they are installed/adj. incorrectly they can really mess things up. Unless ur really need to dial them in exactly I'd go with non adj. LCA.
Turbo vs procharger is subjective but I'd go turbo..tons more potential!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-23-2014, 07:19 AM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubaighost View Post
another very helpful feedback @konablue. Amazing!

Sent from my naked Johnson. The third real non Boss 227
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1408796370370.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	87.2 KB
ID:	164130  
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 07:50 AM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
Holy mother fracking dog *****. We got another one here boys. OP, could you possibly stick more f-ing cobra emblems on your 3.7 V6? Holy ***** man. What the F is wrong with people. You have a f-ing V6 3.7 model. You don't have a 4.0, GT model, Shelby, Cobra model. No reason to stick f-ing snakes, chickens, frogs, GM, or other badges that have no model affiliation to your mustang.

That is the highest level of tool bag car ownership and the cardinal sin of the mustang code of honor. Its in the mustang rules of conduct and etched in stone. Thall shall not ever be a tool bag by placing emblems on it in an attempt to hide it's actual model. Thall shall especially not stick f-ing snake emblems on a V6 model. Wtf dude. Really? I don't even know why you want additional mods. You have 4 snake emblems. I thought they added like 300 rwhp instantly. Wtf!

Kona, I think your the funniest sob I've ever met on this forum! Lmao! Dude you must be a f'in riot to hang with bro! Holy shiat!

2013 3.7 Manual Candy apple red metallic,
GT 500 stripes, painted side mirror covers, GT 500 spoiler, 2010 GT premium wheels with Pirelli P-zero tires, upper and lower front billet grille, Barton shifter bracket, Airaid Cold air intake, S.R lowering springs, J&M adjustable panhard bar, Boss 302 strut tower brace, 3.73 ford racing gears, Bama tuned, BBK shorty headers, Roush Axel backs.
FastFord13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-23-2014, 08:46 AM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
It's the 10 stang commandments.. whatt..
Old 08-23-2014, 09:11 AM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastFord13 View Post
Kona, I think your the funniest sob I've ever met on this forum! Lmao! Dude you must be a f'in riot to hang with bro! Holy shiat!

2013 3.7 Manual Candy apple red metallic,
GT 500 stripes, painted side mirror covers, GT 500 spoiler, 2010 GT premium wheels with Pirelli P-zero tires, upper and lower front billet grille, Barton shifter bracket, Airaid Cold air intake, S.R lowering springs, J&M adjustable panhard bar, Boss 302 strut tower brace, 3.73 ford racing gears, Bama tuned, BBK shorty headers, Roush Axel backs.
Ba ha ha ha ha ha ha. Thanks bro! I do like to clown around a bit.

---------- Post added at 10:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:10 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeygaga View Post
It's the 10 stang commandments.. whatt..
Exactly, The 10 stang commandments.

Old 08-23-2014, 12:42 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

If you are going to get a high stall converter there is only one brand that should ever be put on a 11+ mustang and that is a Circle D converter. Yes he is more expensive around $300-500 more then other converters for our car. But he is proven to built high quality torque converters that last and are tough enough for taking it to the drag strip without it breaking down or slipping over time. Circle D also offers a free stall upgrade within 3 or 6 months of purchasing your converter. Say you get a 3400 stall speed originally and want to bump it up to 3600 or 3700 stall speed he does that for free.
I have heard of plenty of reviews of other companies with cheaper stall converters for our cars that start to fail or slip alot cause they cant handle the abuse of us putting the pedal to the metal. This is definitely a part you dont want to go cheap on. Especially the cost of labor to take out the converter from the transmission and replacing the fluid etc. Do it right once with Circle D and you dont have to worry about it ever again. When i get my Circle D converter i will be getting Exedy stage 2 clutches for my auto transmission at the same time kill two birds with 1 stone. The Exedy stage 2 clutches are meant for higher hp and torque so they are built for superchargers and turbos. More of an insurance that your transmission will not need any major service done to it for a long time.
AirRaid CAI, BBK Ceramic LT Headers, BBK Catted X Pipe, Borla ATAK, MPT 93/97 Tune, Steeda LCA's and UCA, Steeda Relocation Brackets, 373 gears, WaveTrac LSD, Dynotech Driveshaft. Prothane Motor Mounts, Whiteline adjustable panhard bar & brace.Ground Control Coilovers with Koni's custom valved. Coming soon Circle D 3800 Stall and Lone Wolf Intake Manifold.
willb2305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 01:46 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Other
Thanks willb. Will research on this one and perhaps contact circle D to get their advice on the specific TQ that i need.

I need to do more reading on the Exedy clutches as I have zero knowledge on how it works. Any good reference websites / online shop?

Thanks!

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Soon: Procharger & NOS
dubaighost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 02:19 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by willb2305 View Post
If you are going to get a high stall converter there is only one brand that should ever be put on a 11+ mustang and that is a Circle D converter. Yes he is more expensive around $300-500 more then other converters for our car. But he is proven to built high quality torque converters that last and are tough enough for taking it to the drag strip without it breaking down or slipping over time. Circle D also offers a free stall upgrade within 3 or 6 months of purchasing your converter. Say you get a 3400 stall speed originally and want to bump it up to 3600 or 3700 stall speed he does that for free.
I have heard of plenty of reviews of other companies with cheaper stall converters for our cars that start to fail or slip alot cause they cant handle the abuse of us putting the pedal to the metal. This is definitely a part you dont want to go cheap on. Especially the cost of labor to take out the converter from the transmission and replacing the fluid etc. Do it right once with Circle D and you dont have to worry about it ever again. When i get my Circle D converter i will be getting Exedy stage 2 clutches for my auto transmission at the same time kill two birds with 1 stone. The Exedy stage 2 clutches are meant for higher hp and torque so they are built for superchargers and turbos. More of an insurance that your transmission will not need any major service done to it for a long time.
Do you have part numbers for the torque converter and clutches? The only Circle D I found was exclusively for the 5.0 and as for the clutches, I've never heard of them available for the automatic.
2011 V6 Race Red - Airaid CAI , BBK 73mm Throttle Body, 3.73 FRPP Gears, BBK Longtube Headers , BBK Off Road X-Pipe , Borla ATAKs , SR Performance Strut Tower Brace, MPT 91R Tune, Powerstop Rotors and pads, JLT Oil Seperator, Koni STR.T Struts & Shocks, Eibach Pro Line Springs, BMR Adjustable Panhard Bar, J&M Caster Camber Plates, Mickey Thompson Street Comps on 19" Laguna Seca Hyper Black Wheels, Several other aesthetic mods
JoeyM91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 11:26 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

The Circle D torque converter is listed for a 5.0 but the 11+ GT has the same exact transmission as we have in the V6 so the torque converter works on the V6 as well. I know a couple guys who run in the 12.7 to 12.8 range consistently with the Circle D 3700 or 3800 stall converter on their automatic V6's. I will look up the Exedy link for the clutches i cant find the link at the moment.
AirRaid CAI, BBK Ceramic LT Headers, BBK Catted X Pipe, Borla ATAK, MPT 93/97 Tune, Steeda LCA's and UCA, Steeda Relocation Brackets, 373 gears, WaveTrac LSD, Dynotech Driveshaft. Prothane Motor Mounts, Whiteline adjustable panhard bar & brace.Ground Control Coilovers with Koni's custom valved. Coming soon Circle D 3800 Stall and Lone Wolf Intake Manifold.
Old 08-23-2014, 11:57 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

your photoshop skills are impressive! How does one hire such good talent?
Old 08-23-2014, 11:59 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by willb2305 View Post
your photoshop skills are impressive! How does one hire such good talent?
I work cheap baby. Lmao

Old 08-24-2014, 12:18 AM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

The Circle D Converter link is this one Circle D Specialties Pro Series Stage III Multi Disk Performance Torque Converter for the Ford 6R80

Circle D Specialties - 5.0 Coyote SFI Flexplate

I forgot what the flexplate is for mainly for piece of mind i guess if going to the drag strip alot.

one link to the Exedy Clutches for automatic transmission
Exedy / Circle D 6r80 Stage 2 Upgrades - FORD RAPTOR FORUM - Ford SVT Raptor Forums - Ford Raptor

Actual link to buy the Exedy Stage 1 and Stage 2 clutches
Exedy Stage 2, Exedy Stage 1 6R80 Friction Kits are our answer for the daily driven Mustang up to 500 HP[COLOR="Silver"]
Old 08-24-2014, 12:44 AM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Was the bbk TB worth getting?

2012 v6 Black Performance Package MT CAI 3:73 Ford Racing Gears 91 Hybrid Bama tune Deleted Mufflers
2012 v6 Black Performance Package MT CAI bbk Shorties Ceramic Headers 3:73 Ford Racing Gears MPT 91/ 91 Hybrid Bama tune Deleted Mufflers
DirtyDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 12:52 AM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
Hey guys, I got a new mustang tonight and wanted to share it with you all. Here is my very rare one of one Cobra Cock V6, 3.7 model. It has 900 rwhp with just one cock on it. Sent from my naked Johnson. The third real non Boss 227
Lmfao. That cock looks quick bro!
Old 08-24-2014, 01:13 AM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks willb for the links!

Old 08-24-2014, 01:17 AM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

@dirtydan did not notice a big difference since I installed it part by part. Perhaps I could have felt a big difference if installed it along with the CAI? Not sure... There is improvement but not that noticeable. ..

Old 08-24-2014, 02:01 AM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
OP, I love the Torq Thrusts on your car! Do you have/or could you take some side pictures of your car? I've been looking at the same wheels for mine, and can't decide if I want 19's or 20's, or if I want chrome or anthracite. If you have any pics of it with those wheels before lowering that would be even better as I'm not planning to lower my car. Thanks!
Old 08-24-2014, 02:39 AM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

Pics Before lowering and before the nittos....
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1408865926485.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	66.6 KB
ID:	164208   Click image for larger version

Name:	1408865970104.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	91.8 KB
ID:	164209  

Old 08-24-2014, 09:55 AM   #54
Registered Member
Regular

@willb all links are pertaining mainly for 5.0s? It says it can support 800-1000 hp.

Given that a turbo or procharger will give a decent 400 ++ to 500++ hp / tq after installation, is the converter still required? Will there be an obvious performance gains (drive feel / high rpm drives / comfort / etc)?

Old 08-24-2014, 10:05 AM   #55
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks for the links Will, looks interesting. I'd definitely want to get everything at once so a tranny shop only has to crack it open once. I'll have to do more research to see what our transmission internals are rated for.

For dirty dan, the Throttle body you will see very minimal gains. It's not really worth the price point until you go with a forced induction setup.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Mustang Evolution mobile app
2011 V6 Race Red - Airaid CAI , BBK 73mm Throttle Body, 3.73 FRPP Gears, BBK Longtube Headers , BBK Off Road X-Pipe , Borla ATAKs , SR Performance Strut Tower Brace, MPT 91R Tune, Powerstop Rotors and pads, JLT Oil Seperator, Koni STR.T Struts & Shocks, Eibach Pro Line Springs, BMR Adjustable Panhard Bar, J&M Caster Camber Plates, Mickey Thompson Street Comps on 19" Laguna Seca Hyper Black Wheels, Several other aesthetic mods
Old 08-24-2014, 10:18 AM   #56
Registered Member
Regular

You might want to upgrade your brakes before you add all of this power your looking for. Just as much as you want to go fast it would be great to be able to stop Below is just an example. Probably only need pads and rotors if your stang is only for the street.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1408893425816.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	96.4 KB
ID:	164226  
AJcruz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 12:24 PM   #57
Registered Member
Regular

Or this one for the next mod? >>> http://www.modularmotorsportsracing...._mustang_v.htm

Old 08-24-2014, 12:26 PM   #58
Registered Member
Regular

If you have this much $ to throw at your car why didn't you get a GT or a more powerful car? I'm generally curious.
Old 08-24-2014, 12:51 PM   #59
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue1993 View Post
If you have this much $ to throw at your car why didn't you get a GT or a more powerful car? I'm generally curious.
I never liked this question. Because if you think about it, I could ask GT owners "Why didn't you buy a Boss 302?" Or Boss 302 owners "Why didn't you buy a Shelby?" etc etc.

Fact is, there's always going to be a car faster than you. Period. No shame in taking a car you bought and building it just the way you like it, even if you could have gotten more power from the get-go with a different one.
Old 08-24-2014, 12:52 PM   #60
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyM91 View Post
I never liked this question. Because if you think about it, I could ask GT owners "Why didn't you buy a Boss 302?" Or Boss 302 owners "Why didn't you buy a Shelby?" etc etc.

Fact is, there's always going to be a car faster than you. Period. No shame in taking a car you bought and building it just the way you like it, even if you could have gotten more power from the get-go with a different one.
Bc I wanted to be fast, ot have a dyno queen that's why

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 12:55 PM   #61
Registered Member
Regular

Hp does not win the race, all you " ricer " racers believe that though.

Old 08-24-2014, 12:56 PM   #62
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post
Hp does not win the race, all you " ricer " racers believe that though.

Agreed. Driver skill is everything. If you can't handle your car's power correctly, it doesn't matter.
Old 08-24-2014, 12:57 PM   #63
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyM91 View Post
Agreed. Driver skill is everything. If you can't handle your car's power correctly, it doesn't matter.
Yes, but that's not all.

I have handed plenty on 550+ rwhp gt500's there ***. On motor alone at my 450. , ( yes they hooked up )

Old 08-24-2014, 01:00 PM   #64
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post
Yes, but that's not all.

I have handed plenty on 550+ rwhp gt500's there ***. On motor alone at my 450. , ( yes they hooked up )

Speaking of GT500s, I saw one at my local track come out and consistently do 13.4-13.6s all night...I was in awe of how bad this guy's driving was.

Doing burnouts IN the wet box on street tires, smacking the rev limiter like it owed him money on launches, just ughhh...
Old 08-24-2014, 01:01 PM   #65
Registered Member
Regular

Where your car comes into the power band/ how long it stays means alot more than, making 550+rwhp at redline like most of the gt500's

Old 08-24-2014, 01:02 PM   #66
Registered Member
Regular

I didn't mean it like that at all!
I hate questions like that too.

By generally curious, I meant -
Being in Dubai, were there no GT's available?
Was there something about the V6 that was preferable to the GT?
Not sure what you can get over there, or how things work there.
Old 08-24-2014, 01:48 PM   #67
Registered Member
Regular

It's supposed to be a DD. 400-500km drive everyday.

Then I decided to make it faster / better....

I can just get a v8... I'm just challenged with the 3.7 perhaps.... and most important of all, I enjoy every performance gains I get.....
Old 08-27-2014, 07:51 AM   #68
Registered Member
Regular

One piece aluminum driveshaft from driveshaft shop has finally arrived! Excited to know what this thing can do....
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1409143731665.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	43.5 KB
ID:	164493   Click image for larger version

Name:	1409143777852.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	48.4 KB
ID:	164496  

Name:	1409143805440.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	30.9 KB
ID:	164497   Click image for larger version

Name:	1409143829032.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	42.4 KB
ID:	164498  

Name:	1409143884073.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	42.4 KB
ID:	164499  
Old 08-27-2014, 09:24 AM   #69
Registered Member
Regular

Nice! Just curious about something - how is it with shipping to Dubai? Did you find local vendors (I know they love their fast cars in Dubai so it's not out of the question) or are you paying hundreds of dollars for AM and other American retailers to ship over there? My girlfriend used to live in Vietnam for a year and a half, so I know how crazy expensive it is to send snail mail overseas.

Sent from my HTCONE using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Sakib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 12:16 PM   #70
Registered Member
Regular

No sakib. All orders are international. the ones available here are usually the most common / generic stuff (axle back exhaust for example). Not that much of an option though.

I usually order through Amazon. My last order was through American Muscle (delivery through Bongo).

Shipping + tax for the driveshaft was approximately usd320++...
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1409159746430.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	75.0 KB
ID:	164517  

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang