Excited for my new AM order! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-22-2014, 02:59 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Excited for my new AM order!

Today I made a decision I have been debating on making for close to a year now, I purchased the new BAMA X4 tuner! From all I have heard from you guys on the forum, I finally order it. I expect to receive it sometime next week and just wanted to say how excited I am! This will be my first mod that will make the car actually go faster , so far I just have a short shifter and borla ataks. Ill let you guys know what I think sometime next week. I am especially excited to use the launch control feature
3.7L is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-22-2014, 03:13 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
You'll never look back
Old 08-22-2014, 03:28 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
I have bought a lot of things but the bama tuner. I received it yesterday but I am out of town, but I, too, cannot wait to feel the difference!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
elkoritaNAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-22-2014, 03:31 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Stangz View Post
You'll never look back

I have high expectation because of you hahah

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkoritaNAY View Post
I have bought a lot of things but the bama tuner. I received it yesterday but I am out of town, but I, too, cannot wait to feel the difference!!!

Glad to hear I am not the only one just now getting a tuner haha. I hope we both love our tunes as much as the rest of the guys on the forum, but from the sounds of things I doubt that will be a problem!

Old 08-22-2014, 03:37 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Hey

You will like it

I started with the 87 tune and I am now running the 89 performance tune.

good stuff

2015 Roush RS1 Premium w PP
Roush Performance upgrade-- Tinted Windows
JLT Catch Can--Ford Racing Strut Brace
Flowmaster scavenger "Y" pipe resonator delete
b2673ad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 03:42 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
My 06 v6 and 10 GT both have been auto's, so for me its been night and day.

You'll definitely feel a significant amount of greater throttle response and exhaust may even sound better too. Keep your foot out of it and fuel economy should improve too.
Old 08-22-2014, 05:17 PM   #7
Site Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.7L View Post
Today I made a decision I have been debating on making for close to a year now, I purchased the new BAMA X4 tuner! From all I have heard from you guys on the forum, I finally order it. I expect to receive it sometime next week and just wanted to say how excited I am! This will be my first mod that will make the car actually go faster , so far I just have a short shifter and borla ataks. Ill let you guys know what I think sometime next week. I am especially excited to use the launch control feature
Awesome! I'm happy to hear that! You're going to love it and Bama will have you burning rubber in no time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkoritaNAY View Post
It's there waiting for you! Soon!

Let me know if you have any questions in the meantime and I'm here to help!

Alex
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A SUPERCHARGED MUSTANG & 2017 RAPTOR!
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMAlexLazarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 09:44 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

I finally got hands on my new tuner! However can someone please help me out? How do I use the rev limiter feature? I see not "engine options" button when I choose a tune.

Old 09-04-2014, 10:08 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
It took you 15 days to get your tuner?

Don't mess with any of the options it will throw everything off. Ask whoever your tuner is to set the rev limiter at what you want. It is usually set at 6500-7000 default by most tunes
Old 09-04-2014, 10:16 PM   #10
Road Trip!

Region: California
Yeah, I agree with GrabberBlue, Let them custom tune it... Just put what you want in the comments section when requesting a new tune.

Also, What's the difference with the new tuner? I've been using the SF3/X3 tuner since 2010... (My 2007, Then my 2013) and just saw this was released not long ago.
RushGotti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 10:24 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Hawaii
You Have Any Driving Videos Of Your Car?
Old 09-04-2014, 10:38 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by RushGotti View Post
Yeah, I agree with GrabberBlue, Let them custom tune it... Just put what you want in the comments section when requesting a new tune.

Also, What's the difference with the new tuner? I've been using the SF3/X3 tuner since 2010... (My 2007, Then my 2013) and just saw this was released not long ago.
A lot smaller, color LCD screen, built in wifi... just more portable, convenient, and cooler looking pretty much. Went from a clunky brick to a cool looking device.
Old 09-05-2014, 12:46 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue1993 View Post
It took you 15 days to get your tuner?

Don't mess with any of the options it will throw everything off. Ask whoever your tuner is to set the rev limiter at what you want. It is usually set at 6500-7000 default by most tunes
Yeah it took a long time to get the tuner.. I was surprised it took so long to be honest.

Thank you for the advice, I will request a new tune from Bama tonight. Also I am a little curious, is there a way for bama to set up a 2-step launch control that I can manually adjust on the tuner itself, or will I have to ask them to set up the launch control for me at whatever RPM I request?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigIsland3.7 View Post
You Have Any Driving Videos Of Your Car?
I do not, but maybe I can make one tomorrow! What would you like to see?
Old 09-05-2014, 01:10 AM   #14
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Washington
I just installed the tune and it is pretty awesome

05 Gt Premium Performance White, flowmaster outlaws
natestang07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 02:05 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Excited for my new AM order!

Quote:
Originally Posted by natestang07 View Post

05 Gt Premium Performance White, flowmaster outlaws

Agreed. The 91 race tune is fantastic, so much more aggressive than the stock tune! I cannot wait to instal some 3.73 gears next!

Old 09-05-2014, 07:59 AM   #16
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Yeah it took a long time to get the tuner.. I was surprised it took so long to be honest.
Thank you for the advice, I will request a new tune from Bama tonight. Also I am a little curious, is there a way for bama to set up a 2-step launch control that I can manually adjust on the tuner itself, or will I have to ask them to set up the launch control for me at whatever RPM I request? I do not, but maybe I can make one tomorrow! What would you like to see?
3.7 Bama is more than happy to work with you to make these changes. As per the the 2 step they don't have anything like this and I might recommend contacting MSD as they may have something like this out for the V6 but I can't confirm it! Sorry about the delay as well! They're a few days behind but the tuning process isn't something that shouldn't be rushed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by natestang07 View Post
Awesome Nate! I'm happy to hear that you're enjoying them as much as I do!

Quote:
Agreed. The 91 race tune is fantastic, so much more aggressive than the stock tune! I cannot wait to instal some 3.73 gears next!

This! Gears really wake the car up and I would recommend Ford Racing's 3.73's hands down!
Free Same-Day Shipping!
Old 09-05-2014, 09:15 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
MSD does have a two step system for our cars. It's listed for the 5.0, but it really doesn't matter.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Mustang Evolution mobile app
2011 V6 Race Red - Airaid CAI , BBK 73mm Throttle Body, 3.73 FRPP Gears, BBK Longtube Headers , BBK Off Road X-Pipe , Borla ATAKs , SR Performance Strut Tower Brace, MPT 91R Tune, Powerstop Rotors and pads, JLT Oil Seperator, Koni STR.T Struts & Shocks, Eibach Pro Line Springs, BMR Adjustable Panhard Bar, J&M Caster Camber Plates, Mickey Thompson Street Comps on 19" Laguna Seca Hyper Black Wheels, Several other aesthetic mods
JoeyM91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 12:52 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMAlexLazarus View Post
3.7 Bama is more than happy to work with you to make these changes. As per the the 2 step they don't have anything like this and I might recommend contacting MSD as they may have something like this out for the V6 but I can't confirm it! Sorry about the delay as well! They're a few days behind but the tuning process isn't something that shouldn't be rushed.

Awesome Nate! I'm happy to hear that you're enjoying them as much as I do!

This! Gears really wake the car up and I would recommend Ford Racing's 3.73's hands down!
I thought there was a way to manually set and adjust a 2-step launch control on the Bama tuner? Check this video out it shows a guy adjusting his 2-step on his bama tuner.

Old 09-05-2014, 01:30 PM   #19
Site Sponsor

Quote:
I thought there was a way to manually set and adjust a 2-step launch control on the Bama tuner? Check this video out it shows a guy adjusting his 2-step on his bama tuner.
3.7-Now that's definitely news to me and judging by the video you should be able to have this set on your own but if you need a hand shoot Bama a call and they can get you some help if need be!

Alex
Free Same-Day Shipping!
Old 09-05-2014, 02:43 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMAlexLazarus View Post
3.7-Now that's definitely news to me and judging by the video you should be able to have this set on your own but if you need a hand shoot Bama a call and they can get you some help if need be!

Alex
Well I just got off the phone with bama and they informed me that the V6 computer cannot support a 2-step, which is odd because the video I posted is proof that it can. They also told me that if I want a 2-step I should look for another company like MSD that has 2-step options. Kind of a disappointment, but I guess it is not the end of the world.
Old 09-07-2014, 09:19 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

I'm going on a road trip next week and I would like to get the best highway mpg that I can. Which tune would do the job? 87 street, or the 91 street tune?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang