Revised Bama tunes yet? - Page 4 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-04-2014, 08:04 AM   #106
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
OK, trying to not let the "mental affect" sway things so here is what I have so far on the difference between the 93R before and after new tunes:

Idle SLIGHTLY lower. Throttle response definitely feels better. Slightly more jerky but that is the throttle response. When letting off the gas the RPM's definitely linger and slowly drop compared to old. Thought it was similar to engine braking but the more I drive thats not it. When you let off the accelerator it usually drops the RPM. Say it would normally go from 4,000 to 3,000 in a couple seconds at speed with no acceleration it is not like 5-6 seconds. Pull at 4,000+ seems to be stronger.

Overall I think it is better and like it. Just taking a bit to get used to the accelerator thing. Did email BAMA back and Patrick's response was that they really upgraded the race tune and it is truly set up for track. Suggested trying performance...NAH! lol
Brembo Pkg, Paxton SC, ID1000's, JMS BAP, Boss IM, JLT CAI, Lund Tuned, Tremec T56 swap, Black Pype Bombs, Pypes LT Headers H-Pipe, McLeod RXT Twin Clutch & LW Flywheel. Alum. DS, MGW Shifter, BMR adj. Panhard, UCA & LCA's, Eibach Pro Damper, Sportline Springs, MMD Louvers, Roush splitters, RTR decklid and surround, CDC Grille, Staggered 20" ACE Alloy Driven, Trufiber Hood.
Sterlingbeast5.0 is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-04-2014, 08:25 AM   #107
Site Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaplesStang View Post
I just loaded my new 93R tune last night. Says to give to up to 50 miles for the ECU to totally program. I do notice it seems to creep down when letting off the accelerator. Other than that havent really opened up yet so will report back tomorrow or later tonight once i get a chance to play
Naples-This will definitely take a little to learn-Can you elaborate on the creeping a little if it's still persistent?? Are the RPM's hanging?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMNO View Post
Does anyone know why Bama doesn't offer the hybrid tune anymore? I have been told they don't do it anymore by them but wasn't given an answer why.
Sakib-Is on the money here-We had customers calling Bama and making adjustments here and there to their personal tunes-They had essentially coined the name and it just happened to stick on the forums. Hope this helps!
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A SUPERCHARGED MUSTANG & 2017 RAPTOR!
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMAlexLazarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 08:29 AM   #108
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Well I have been running this 91Performance tune and I don't see it pulling as hard like when I had the hybrid tune. I installed the tune a couple days ago. I was told the 91P tune would be like the hybrid but don't feel it.
LMNO-As Sakib had said below this is going to very from user to user and from vehicle to vehicle. Bama is more than happy to work with you to create something entirely unique to get you the best driving experience possible! If you'd like to speak with them they can be reached directly at 888.226.9764 or shoot me a PM with your contact info and I'm happy to put someone in touch with you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakib View Post
Yeah we can only answer your question by saying what they claim. Your actual experience may be different, such is life. But members of this forum seem to get an inside track on improving their experience with BAMA if you tell Alex about your problems.
Well said-I'm here to ensure that we're all having a blast with Bama's tunes so if there's something that needs to be addressed, I want to hear about it!
Free Same-Day Shipping!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-04-2014, 08:46 AM   #109
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue1993 View Post
No your mileage will not drop a big chunk from the race tune ..... Where are you reading this info
This-At the end of the day the race tune is going to be the most aggressive and we're all using it to romp around! It's not something that Bama would advertise by any stretch as being the economy tune. For bumper to bumper and Monday-Friday I would recommend running the street tune (despite me running the race tune daily. I have a 9 mile commute to work with traffic every now and then)

Quote:
Looking through posts is where I have seen it. Like i said haven't tried it and I will. The only thing I have been noticing is that my car is running a bit rich. I am not sure if it is the off road x pipe i installed tho. At start up I just smell gas for a bit then it goes away. Not sure if this is an issue but just thought i throw that out
This is definitely the X-I'm honestly a little surprised you're not smelling it more! It can be nauseating for some people!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VIG View Post
I haven't tried the 89P tune I have yet.
Correct me if I'm wrong (which I am a lot), but the difference between the performance and the race tune is that the performance will have more power down low?
Quote:
incorporated the down low power into the race and in mine that's what I have . Much better than performance
This!
Free Same-Day Shipping!
Old 09-04-2014, 09:03 AM   #110
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponie1992 View Post
Still waiting on mine. Placed my order on 8-30 and haven't gotten them yet. I did get an email stating that Bama is behind on getting tunes out due to the holiday.
Hey Ponie-Bama advertises a 3-4 day turn around and it's not something that they want to rush! Because the order was placed on the 30th it likely wasn't picked up until Tuesday the 2nd because of the Holiday. Shoot me a PM with your order number so I can take a look into this for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastFord13 View Post
Did Alex say all the tunes are now the "beta" tunes?
I have done so in a few different places on the forums.

Quote:
Alright, Forest hooked me up at Bama, sent me the new 91R and also sent me a 93R. I also asked if all the new tunes now were the new "Beta" and he replied yes, all the "race tunes" Thanks Bama! Next week I'm going to fill up with some 94 and give the 93R a try.
I'm not sure what the miscommunication was on their end and I apologize but these tunes are not specific to one or another. There is no one "beta" tune for the S and P and this is mainly geared towards the Race tune only as Forrest had said. Bama had taken feedback and recommendations from multiple customers on what they thought gave the best overall driving experience and merged them into what's being used for the 3.7 race tune. Just to reiterate if I were to trade my car for a V6 and order up some of Bama's tunes I would be getting the new race tune. . Beta essentially means development and we're no longer testing. Anyone can call and have Bama make specific adjustments to their tunes. It's one of the greatest things about them that they'll work with your to create something that's specific to how "you" like to drive.

Quote:
OK, trying to not let the "mental affect" sway things so here is what I have so far on the difference between the 93R before and after new tunes:

Idle SLIGHTLY lower. Throttle response definitely feels better. Slightly more jerky but that is the throttle response. When letting off the gas the RPM's definitely linger and slowly drop compared to old. Thought it was similar to engine braking but the more I drive thats not it. When you let off the accelerator it usually drops the RPM. Say it would normally go from 4,000 to 3,000 in a couple seconds at speed with no acceleration it is not like 5-6 seconds. Pull at 4,000+ seems to be stronger.
l

Keep me in the loop if you have any questions or shoot Bama a call if you need something answered immediately!

Alex
Free Same-Day Shipping!
Old 09-04-2014, 10:26 AM   #111
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMAlexLazarus View Post
Naples-This will definitely take a little to learn-Can you elaborate on the creeping a little if it's still persistent?? Are the RPM's hanging?
Yes, that is a great word to describe it. the RPM's are hanging. Say I am flowing through gears in town I usually shift at about 3,500 to 4,000. If I shift into fifth and hit the speed limit (at least my limit, lol) of about 55-60 and let off the gas the RPM's hang around where there at even with no foot on the accelerator. They do go down after a second gradually. On a separate note I am actually getting better MPG with new tune but not sure that is a good thing, only because I am used to it sucking gas because i have a heavy foot light to light. I can try for a video if that helps?
Brembo Pkg, Paxton SC, ID1000's, JMS BAP, Boss IM, JLT CAI, Lund Tuned, Tremec T56 swap, Black Pype Bombs, Pypes LT Headers H-Pipe, McLeod RXT Twin Clutch & LW Flywheel. Alum. DS, MGW Shifter, BMR adj. Panhard, UCA & LCA's, Eibach Pro Damper, Sportline Springs, MMD Louvers, Roush splitters, RTR decklid and surround, CDC Grille, Staggered 20" ACE Alloy Driven, Trufiber Hood.
Old 09-04-2014, 10:34 AM   #112
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Quote:
Hey Ponie-Bama advertises a 3-4 day turn around and it's not something that they want to rush! Because the order was placed on the 30th it likely wasn't picked up until Tuesday the 2nd because of the Holiday.
Alex, I just got off the phone with Matthew, I believe. He added my order to his to do list and said I should have them by tomorrow. I'm good to go, but thanks for your reply!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Old 09-04-2014, 10:38 AM   #113
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yes, that is a great word to describe it. the RPM's are hanging. Say I am flowing through gears in town I usually shift at about 3,500 to 4,000. If I shift into fifth and hit the speed limit (at least my limit, lol) of about 55-60 and let off the gas the RPM's hang around where there at even with no foot on the accelerator. They do go down after a second gradually. On a separate note I am actually getting better MPG with new tune but not sure that is a good thing, only because I am used to it sucking gas because i have a heavy foot light to light. I can try for a video if that helps?
My car has always done this "rpm hanging" since new. Doesn't matter what tune I run whether it be any Bama or stock. It is rather annoying. Mine does it if I let off after a hard acceleration.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Old 09-04-2014, 10:43 AM   #114
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Definitely on the interesting side! Does this travel from tune to tune?

Quote:
Alex, I just got off the phone with Matthew, I believe. He added my order to his to do list and said I should have them by tomorrow. I'm good to go, but thanks for your reply!
Awesome! You're going to love it!

Quote:
My car has always done this "rpm hanging" since new. Doesn't matter what tune I run whether it be any Bama or stock. It is rather annoying. Mine does it if I let off after a hard acceleration.
I noticed this on mine too when i was stock but it's somewhat like apples to oranges from the 6 to the 8. It was almost like driving a honda, the rpms would hang between shifts.
Free Same-Day Shipping!
Old 09-04-2014, 12:29 PM   #115
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Definitely on the interesting side! Does this travel from tune to tune?
I know they send other tunes... but is there really a tune other than race? LOL. Thats only one I use
Old 09-04-2014, 12:58 PM   #116
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Hey Alex, I just called for a new tune and they told me the new beta tunes wouldn't be out for a couple weeks. I was confused and insisted that a lot of people were getting them, and that you told people to call and we could get them. Any idea why he would say they were out yet?

3.7 mustang
Katy Texas
Eric e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 01:06 PM   #117
Registered Member
Regular

You know, from the sound of everyone's collective experiences here, I think the root cause of the problem is that the people at BAMA don't know what "beta tunes" means. You have to understand that this was a term that we basically made up on the ME forum, and it got thrown around a lot on GrabberBlue1993's giant thread. I think what would solve this issue for good is if Alex/Dan from AM communicate to BAMA's head office what this lingo means, and that all BAMA reps get trained about it. Alex has said many many many times that BAMA is putting out the revised/"beta" tunes for everyone now. It makes sense that if they are going out to everyone, then BAMA won't be calling it "beta".... I mean, that's the definition of the word.
Sakib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 01:10 PM   #118
Registered Member
Regular

He knew what they were. He just told me they weren't ready to be sent out. When I told him a lot of people on the forums were getting them, he said they are sending them out to test. Once I mentioned Alex, he kinda gave up and said he emailed me the form.

3.7 mustang
Katy Texas
Eric e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 01:17 PM   #119
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
It sounds like some of the people at Bama aren't giving them out when you call, but if you go through someone in more of an authority position you can get them no problem. Either through Alex, or just by luck of who picks the phone up at Bama it seems. Some people have just called, asked, and gotten them! Others have called and have been told they are not being released yet. I think some people at Bama are either new or just not informed or are not senior enough to know and/or give them out. If it was my first week working and someone called and asked for "beta" tunes and I didn't know whether I could give them or not, I would certainly rather not and cover my butt !
Old 09-04-2014, 01:40 PM   #120
Registered Member
Regular

I do hope that I will get the revised tunes. I went through AM and ordered them online as a tunes for life customer. I wonder if there is any way to tell which tune I get. Is there some type of file number that we can look at?

I did put in the comment section of the form that I wanted the "beta" tunes.
ponie1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 03:53 PM   #121
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
I hope you guys get them soon!!! I'm love my 91R. Car pulls like a MF.

2013 3.7 Manual Candy apple red metallic,
GT 500 stripes, painted side mirror covers, GT 500 spoiler, 2010 GT premium wheels with Pirelli P-zero tires, upper and lower front billet grille, Barton shifter bracket, Airaid Cold air intake, S.R lowering springs, J&M adjustable panhard bar, Boss 302 strut tower brace, 3.73 ford racing gears, Bama tuned, BBK shorty headers, Roush Axel backs.
FastFord13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 04:12 PM   #122
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
And what does a MF pull like...
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 04:25 PM   #123
Registered Member
Regular

Lots of jerking tugging and caressing

Sent from my 831C using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Old 09-04-2014, 04:28 PM   #124
VIG
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Delaware
Quote:

Hahaha
Old 09-04-2014, 04:30 PM   #125
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

How does a car caress you? Jerking and tugging I get.
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
Old 09-04-2014, 04:37 PM   #126
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Lol, yep!

GT 500 stripes, painted side mirror covers, GT 500 spoiler, 2010 GT premium wheels with Pirelli P-zero tires, upper and lower front billet grille, Barton shifter bracket, Airaid Cold air intake, S.R lowering springs, J&M adjustable panhard bar, Boss 302 strut tower brace, 3.73 ford racing gears, Bama tuned, BBK shorty headers, Roush Axel backs.
Old 09-04-2014, 06:18 PM   #127
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Washington
Installed my jlt and 91 race tune and car won't even run... getting new tunes sent soon so hopefully that fixes it

05 Gt Premium Performance White, flowmaster outlaws
natestang07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 06:51 PM   #128
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by natestang07 View Post
Installed my jlt and 91 race tune and car won't even run... getting new tunes sent soon so hopefully that fixes it

Does the engine make a clicking sound when u try to start it?

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
phobik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 06:57 PM   #129
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Does the engine make a clicking sound when u try to start it?

it does that exactly. So I bet the intake was not on the tune

Old 09-04-2014, 07:36 PM   #130
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangz View Post
MF pulls like this bro! Ha ha ha

Sent from my naked Johnson. The third real non Boss 227
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1409877360238.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	94.1 KB
ID:	165211  
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 07:58 PM   #131
Registered Member
Regular

Oh sh*t! Haha, I've seen that meme before.
Old 09-04-2014, 08:14 PM   #132
Registered Member

Regular

Still waiting on the tunes...

Old 09-04-2014, 09:22 PM   #133
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by natestang07 View Post
Still waiting on the tunes...

Never got back to you?

Old 09-04-2014, 10:17 PM   #134
Registered Member

Regular

I have the tunes, now my current problem is the lack of a laptop at my parents house.. my wife is on her way to the rescue though!

Old 09-04-2014, 10:19 PM   #135
Road Trip!

Region: California
Just ordered my custom tune, I probably won't get it until Monday/Tuesday and I hope there is a difference in the revised tune... That's if I get one (From what I read there's mixed talk about whether they're sending them out or not).
RushGotti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 11:46 PM   #136
Registered Member

Regular

Alright the new set worked. He said the original did have the cai programmed but I find that semi hard to believe

Old 09-05-2014, 01:41 AM   #137
Registered Member
Regular

ALEX:

Are these revised tunes just for the V6 Mustangs or are the improvements available in V8 tunes as well? I got my tunes back in July but these sound more recently released and me wants bad.
dblhelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 01:58 AM   #138
Registered Member
Regular

Yes and what about 4.0's? That would be amazing

Bschmidty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 08:22 AM   #139
Site Sponsor

Quote:
I know they send other tunes... but is there really a tune other than race? LOL. Thats only one I use
You and me both! 99% of the time I'm running the race tune. It's just that much more entertaining!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric e View Post
Hey Alex, I just called for a new tune and they told me the new beta tunes wouldn't be out for a couple weeks. I was confused and insisted that a lot of people were getting them, and that you told people to call and we could get them. Any idea why he would say they were out yet?
Hey Eric-Just to clear this up further there's not a beta tune -This came about as the result of alterations and adjustments based on customer feedback. Bama can and will work with your to make your tune completely unique to your driving style! So if there's something that you would like adjusted they can get a datalog from you and get you set up! Let me know if you have any other questions and sorry about the confusion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakib View Post
You know, from the sound of everyone's collective experiences here, I think the root cause of the problem is that the people at BAMA don't know what "beta tunes" means. You have to understand that this was a term that we basically made up on the ME forum, and it got thrown around a lot on GrabberBlue1993's giant thread. I think what would solve this issue for good is if Alex/Dan from AM communicate to BAMA's head office what this lingo means, and that all BAMA reps get trained about it. Alex has said many many many times that BAMA is putting out the revised/"beta" tunes for everyone now. It makes sense that if they are going out to everyone, then BAMA won't be calling it "beta".... I mean, that's the definition of the word.
Sakib-I would assure you this wont happen again and we're all definitely on the same page

Quote:
I do hope that I will get the revised tunes. I went through AM and ordered them online as a tunes for life customer. I wonder if there is any way to tell which tune I get. Is there some type of file number that we can look at? I did put in the comment section of the form that I wanted the "beta" tunes.
Ponie-Just to reiterate there's no one beta tune-If there's something about your next revision that you would like to be tweaked or adjusted Bama is happy to take a look at a data log and work with you to tweak your setup for how you see fit!
Free Same-Day Shipping!
Old 09-05-2014, 08:34 AM   #140
Site Sponsor

Quote:
I hope you guys get them soon!!! I'm love my 91R. Car pulls like a MF.
That's what we like to hear!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangz View Post

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RushGotti View Post
Just ordered my custom tune, I probably won't get it until Monday/Tuesday and I hope there is a difference in the revised tune... That's if I get one (From what I read there's mixed talk about whether they're sending them out or not).
Rush-Again Bama is more than happy to work with you on creating something entirely custom and unique to your driving style-So if there's something you would like to have changed we can get a datalog and they can get you set up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dblhelx View Post
ALEX:

Are these revised tunes just for the V6 Mustangs or are the improvements available in V8 tunes as well? I got my tunes back in July but these sound more recently released and me wants bad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bschmidty View Post
Yes and what about 4.0's? That would be amazing

You guys were up late! Bama will work with their customers to make adjustments as YOU see fit. That's one of the greatest aspects about working with them! If there's something you don't like or are curious about they'll work with you, so don't hesitate to let them know!
Free Same-Day Shipping!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang