Revised Bama tunes yet? - Page 5 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-05-2014, 08:37 AM   #141
VIG
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Delaware
Alex, I think they should start paying you by how many times you answer the same question over and over again.

The over/under is 1.5 days before someone asks again if the beta tunes are out.

I say under.

Who's in?
Advertisement

Old 09-05-2014, 08:39 AM   #142
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIG View Post
Alex, I think they should start paying you by how many times you answer the same question over and over again.

The over/under is 1.5 days before someone asks again if the beta tunes are out.

I say under.

Who's in?
I'm in
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 09:57 AM   #143
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
You should change it to also include if they PM me to ask ... I get a good amount of PMs a week asking if the beta tunes are available and how to get them and even if I can send people my tune lol

Sent from my 831C using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Advertisement

Old 09-05-2014, 10:53 AM   #144
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMAlexLazarus View Post

Ponie-Just to reiterate there's no one beta tune-If there's something about your next revision that you would like to be tweaked or adjusted Bama is happy to take a look at a data log and work with you to tweak your setup for how you see fit!
I may try data logging but need to find a laptop first. We'll see how the tune feels then see if I want anything changed.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Old 09-06-2014, 03:40 PM   #145
Registered Member
Regular

Maybe I hyped myself up too much but I'm only slightly impressed with the 91R tune I just out on my car. After hearing about recent changes with "beta tunes," I expected more down low but it seems just about stock. I know the Race tune is more for top end but just expected a little more on lower end.

Additionally, I'm getting some hanging idle and trying to figure out that issue. I checked the hoses on the Steeda CAI, the BBK throttle body, etc. and don't see any issue. I also cleaned MAF before installing CAI. Any thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
blueprint87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 04:06 PM   #146
Registered Member
Regular

Explain the hanging idle?

phobik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 04:13 PM   #147
Registered Member
Regular

I let off throttle around 2-3k rpm and it'll just stay there for 10-15 seconds before going down. I also get some idle surge when slowing down and coming to a stop. I am thinking it could just be the computer relearning everything but wanted to know if anyone had solutions or experienced similar problems after throwing on the race tune.

Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution
Old 09-06-2014, 04:19 PM   #148
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueprint87 View Post
I let off throttle around 2-3k rpm and it'll just stay there for 10-15 seconds before going down. I also get some idle surge when slowing down and coming to a stop. I am thinking it could just be the computer relearning everything but wanted to know if anyone had solutions or experienced similar problems after throwing on the race tune.

I would drive about 50 miles before worrying and see if it gets better

05 Gt Premium Performance White, flowmaster outlaws, Jlt Series 3, Bama 91r tune
natestang07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 04:26 PM   #149
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMNO View Post
Explain the hanging idle?

Sorry, don't know why I called it "hanging idle." Really it's hanging rpm issue.

---------- Post added at 09:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:25 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by natestang07 View Post
I would drive about 50 miles before worrying and see if it gets better

05 Gt Premium Performance White, flowmaster outlaws, Jlt Series 3, Bama 91r tune

Yea, I'm going to drive it around and monitor it for the next week or so and see if it changes any.

Old 09-06-2014, 07:53 PM   #150
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
i have been driving a week and still have the hanging rpm. power seems improved as is gas mileage but still weird... exact same as blueprint87

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Brembo Pkg, Paxton SC, ID1000's, JMS BAP, Boss IM, JLT CAI, Lund Tuned, Tremec T56 swap, Black Pype Bombs, Pypes LT Headers H-Pipe, McLeod RXT Twin Clutch & LW Flywheel. Alum. DS, MGW Shifter, BMR adj. Panhard, UCA & LCA's, Eibach Pro Damper, Sportline Springs, MMD Louvers, Roush splitters, RTR decklid and surround, CDC Grille, Staggered 20" ACE Alloy Driven, Trufiber Hood.
Sterlingbeast5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 11:59 PM   #151
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaplesStang View Post
i have been driving a week and still have the hanging rpm. power seems improved as is gas mileage but still weird... exact same as blueprint87

So I decided to swap out the BBK throttle body and put the stock one back on. That solved the hanging rpm issue and made a difference with the tune. It is crazy now! Absolutely love it!

Old 09-07-2014, 12:09 AM   #152
Registered Member
Regular

Interesting. I have heard not the best things about the TB's . Are you getting more power now ?

Old 09-07-2014, 12:16 AM   #153
Registered Member
Regular

Yea, with the 91R tune and BBK, the low end was barely better than stock, if at all. Without the BBK, I've got much better response and power throughout the entire range. Wouldn't have expected it myself but it was like night and day in terms of the difference once I swapped back to stock.

Old 09-07-2014, 05:48 AM   #154
Registered Member
Regular

I'll be installing the 93R tune tomorrow. I'll report back how it feels.

Old 09-07-2014, 02:27 PM   #155
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueprint87 View Post
Yea, with the 91R tune and BBK, the low end was barely better than stock, if at all. Without the BBK, I've got much better response and power throughout the entire range. Wouldn't have expected it myself but it was like night and day in terms of the difference once I swapped back to stock.

I have read a lot of had things about bbk throttle body. Maybe sometime in the future try ford racing or gms

Old 09-09-2014, 10:26 AM   #156
Registered Member
Regular

Anybody with an automatic experience issue when you let off gas and coast, with the A/C on, the engine bogs down around 1700-1900 rpm for a second or too, the car shifts, then rpm drops down to around 1000? This only seems to happen with A/C on.

Again, is this maybe just part of the relearn process after the tune or something I should check into? As of now, there have been no error lights thrown out by the computer. Hoping I'm just paranoid.

Thanks for all the help.

Old 09-09-2014, 11:37 AM   #157
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue1993 View Post
Interesting. I have heard not the best things about the TB's . Are you getting more power now ?

Same here bro. Everything I read from people about the BBK TB who has it or had it has been negative and not worth the money. I personally wouldn't waste $400 dollars on it but that's just me. Maybe a used one for $125-$150 max.

Sent from my naked Johnson. The third real non Boss 227
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 11:41 AM   #158
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
Same here bro. Everything I read from people about the BBK TB who has it or had it has been negative and not worth the money. I personally wouldn't waste $400 dollars on it but that's just me. Maybe a used one for $125-$150 max.

Sent from my naked Johnson. The third real non Boss 227
Especially after reading stuff like this that with a tune it performed WORSE with the BBK TB than with the stock one.
Now, it could be for any number of reasons, but it just compounds my fears.
If there was one for $150 or less I would get it just to see for myself what is up with it and play around with it and do a write-up. $400? No thank you.
Old 09-09-2014, 12:20 PM   #159
Registered Member
Regular

UPDATE: Received a new set of BAMA tunes they said the old may be corrupt. Performs even better, gas mileage down but thats ok. Still slightly hanging RPM's but I havent gone a day yet so waiting to see if relearn sets in by tomorrow
Brembo Pkg, Paxton SC, ID1000's, JMS BAP, Boss IM, JLT CAI, Lund Tuned, Tremec T56 swap, Black Pype Bombs, Pypes LT Headers H-Pipe, McLeod RXT Twin Clutch & LW Flywheel. Alum. DS, MGW Shifter, BMR adj. Panhard, UCA & LCA's, Eibach Pro Damper, Sportline Springs, MMD Louvers, Roush splitters, RTR decklid and surround, CDC Grille, Staggered 20" ACE Alloy Driven, Trufiber Hood.
Old 09-10-2014, 08:17 PM   #160
Registered Member
Regular

Anyone experience p0171 code ("too lean") after putting on the race tune?

Old 09-10-2014, 08:25 PM   #161
VIG
Registered Member
Regular

Weird. I just had a P06B8 code pop up when I loaded a 93P tune then it stayed when I reloaded my 93R tune.

Return it to stock to be safe and email Bama. They're fixing me up now.

After driving around on the stock tune, it's really making me miss my 93R.
Old 09-10-2014, 08:32 PM   #162
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by VIG View Post
Weird. I just had a P06B8 code pop up when I loaded a 93P tune then it stayed when I reloaded my 93R tune.

Return it to stock to be safe and email Bama. They're fixing me up now.

After driving around on the stock tune, it's really making me miss my 93R.

Did you have to do any data logging for BAMA? Are they sending you new tunes?

Old 09-10-2014, 08:34 PM   #163
VIG
Registered Member
Regular

They didn't ask me to data log, but he did ask for the strategy tune and the firmware version of my tuner.
Old 09-10-2014, 08:34 PM   #164
Registered Member
Regular

i just sent a data log tonight. hoping to hear back in am. no codes just running little weird. hanging rpms and stuff

Old 09-11-2014, 04:47 AM   #165
Registered Member
Regular

The hanging rpm issue for me has gotten better. Not as bad as previous tunes. I also noticed that I can now change some parameters such as idle rpm. It didn't ask me that before. I did update the tuner software so maybe that's why. The new 93R doesn't seem as jumpy as the previous one as well.

Old 09-11-2014, 03:28 PM   #166
Registered Member
Regular

OK update: Sent data log to guys at BAMA and everything came back as supposed to be. It is slow to fall into idle from speed but they said that all the data shows good. Never did throw a check light or anything. Guess I was just being paranoid because it is performing so differently than last tune set. I will say that when I was doing WOT for data log... WOW. Damn I love this car. Done so much to it and so much I wanna do. I digress... Thanks to BAMA. I know theres going to be someone to say something but nevertheless, BAMA and AM have always done me right on everything. I am all about looking out for me and my wallet and such but they have earned allot... ALLOT... of loyalty from me
Old 09-11-2014, 03:30 PM   #167
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaplesStang View Post
OK update: Sent data log to guys at BAMA and everything came back as supposed to be. It is slow to fall into idle from speed but they said that all the data shows good. Never did throw a check light or anything. Guess I was just being paranoid because it is performing so differently than last tune set. I will say that when I was doing WOT for data log... WOW. Damn I love this car. Done so much to it and so much I wanna do. I digress... Thanks to BAMA. I know theres going to be someone to say something but nevertheless, BAMA and AM have always done me right on everything. I am all about looking out for me and my wallet and such but they have earned allot... ALLOT... of loyalty from me
How do you datalog and send it in to them?

Old 09-11-2014, 03:49 PM   #168
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by natestang07 View Post
How do you datalog and send it in to them?

When you call them and talk to them if they are having trouble understanding or whatever they ask for it. Not sure if you just do it and send to them. When they asked me to do it they sent instructions. Basically another program to download from SCT site and then had programmer hook up to car and ran into the laptop. drove around that way idle, then driving then full throttle runs. saved file and emailed. I have all of it but I would contact them since they actually know what they were talking about anyway and doesnt seem like I needed to do after all. they were right I was just being extra nervous.
Old 09-11-2014, 04:47 PM   #169
Registered Member

Regular

Any idea when paul started guys?

Old 09-11-2014, 08:01 PM   #170
Registered Member
Regular

I think after Mike wilson left . I believe he was hired after that . And that's when they started working on the better tunes. Could be wrong

Old 09-11-2014, 09:20 PM   #171
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
I was thinking about getting a tune on my 14 to go with some 3.55s I'm planning on getting soon. Should I go for these tunes or just talk Ford into adjusting the tire size? Seems to be a lot of mixed reviews.

Sabs14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 10:42 PM   #172
Registered Member
Regular

get the tunes man! Definitely.

Old 09-12-2014, 12:46 AM   #173
Registered Member

Regular

Update
I accidentally loaded performance the first time around because I damn the r and thought it was race. It meant revision. Just loaded the race tune and sweet baby jesus is it fun

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang