Raxiom LED License plate kit - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-22-2014, 07:12 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Raxiom LED License plate kit

So just installed my Raxiom LED license plate kit. Install is simple. Unscrew, pop out with a flat head, switch the bulbs out with the LED yellow squares facing down, put back in, screw in, and there you go! Huge improvement over stock
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1408752719.939288.jpg
Views:	358
Size:	584.4 KB
ID:	164096
Before

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1408752740.545677.jpg
Views:	362
Size:	603.4 KB
ID:	164097
After!

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Advertisement

Old 08-22-2014, 07:16 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue1993 View Post
So just installed my Raxiom LED license plate kit. Install is simple. Unscrew, pop out with a flat head, switch the bulbs out with the LED yellow squares facing down, put back in, screw in, and there you go! Huge improvement over stock
Attachment 164096
Before

Attachment 164097
After!

Holy crap batman, what an improvement!

2013 3.7 Manual Candy apple red metallic,
GT 500 stripes, painted side mirror covers, GT 500 spoiler, 2010 GT premium wheels with Pirelli P-zero tires, upper and lower front billet grille, Barton shifter bracket, Airaid Cold air intake, S.R lowering springs, J&M adjustable panhard bar, Boss 302 strut tower brace, 3.73 ford racing gears, Bama tuned, BBK shorty headers, Roush Axel backs.
FastFord13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 07:17 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastFord13 View Post
Holy crap batman, what an improvement!

2013 3.7 Manual Candy apple red metallic,
GT 500 stripes, painted side mirror covers, GT 500 spoiler, 2010 GT premium wheels with Pirelli P-zero tires, upper and lower front billet grille, Barton shifter bracket, Airaid Cold air intake, S.R lowering springs, J&M adjustable panhard bar, Boss 302 strut tower brace, 3.73 ford racing gears, Bama tuned, BBK shorty headers, Roush Axel backs.

Right!? I was actually really surprised by how big a difference it made. It looks sick at night

Advertisement

Old 08-22-2014, 07:19 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

I hate the look of our license plates, I don't think I really want people to see them better
Old 08-22-2014, 07:19 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Dude, that looks great!

2008 Roush 427R
2014 V6 Prem
rmb427r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 07:40 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1408754376.433087.jpg
Views:	186
Size:	546.2 KB
ID:	164099 visible in very dense fog!

rinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 07:48 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Looks good. Big improvement
white14v6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 08:18 PM   #8
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Attachment 164096
Before

Attachment 164097
After!
Grabber-Looking good! For such a simple mod/install they really clean up the rear end nicely! Glad you're enjoying them so much!

Alex

Quote:
Originally Posted by white14v6 View Post
Looks good. Big improvement
This!!
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A SUPERCHARGED MUSTANG & 2017 RAPTOR!
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMAlexLazarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 08:19 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Attachment 164096
Before

Attachment 164097
After!

I couldn't agree more with you , huge improvement over stock. Hey Grabber you have the map lights done yet as well? I recommend those as well if you don't already have them.

Before

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1408756746.357524.jpg
Views:	179
Size:	785.9 KB
ID:	164103

After

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1408756771.269075.jpg
Views:	195
Size:	774.9 KB
ID:	164104

rringler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 08:27 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

I will deff be getting those next! I was a little iffy that there would be that much of a difference so I wanted to try one first. Will deff be getting those in a future order! Of course after I order the license plate kit they go 2 dollars off ;p

Old 08-22-2014, 08:31 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I will deff be getting those next! I was a little iffy that there would be that much of a difference so I wanted to try one first. Will deff be getting those in a future order! Of course after I order the license plate kit they go 2 dollars off ;p

Awesome! Same thing happened to me with those and a few other items. AM seems to time that up pretty well when I buy things. O well, since AM is so awesome, I guess I can forgive them. Lol

rringler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 08:32 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Not gonna be upset over $2! But if it was a big ticket item with like a $50+ difference I would be a little upset!

Old 08-22-2014, 08:42 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Looks awesome!
ridge_runner91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 08:56 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
Grab the Reverse lights next when you get your tail lights. They're much improved as well. They even help me see a bit better behind me at night.
2011 V6 Race Red - Airaid CAI , BBK 73mm Throttle Body, 3.73 FRPP Gears, BBK Longtube Headers , BBK Off Road X-Pipe , Borla ATAKs , SR Performance Strut Tower Brace, MPT 91R Tune, Powerstop Rotors and pads, JLT Oil Seperator, Koni STR.T Struts & Shocks, Eibach Pro Line Springs, BMR Adjustable Panhard Bar, J&M Caster Camber Plates, Mickey Thompson Street Comps on 19" Laguna Seca Hyper Black Wheels, Several other aesthetic mods
JoeyM91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 01:48 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

I broke down and placed an order for these on AM. I also went ahead and picked up the map lights, smoked markers, taillight inserts, and third brake light since some of it was on sale. Half of the stuff is out of stock though so who knows when they'll be in (I've found it fairly common practice for AM to put OOS stuff on sale). I also took the time to add up how much I've spent on the site. That was a mistake. I realized I could have paid off almost half my remaining student loans with it.
Old 08-25-2014, 10:35 AM   #16
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by forceflow2 View Post
I broke down and placed an order for these on AM. I also went ahead and picked up the map lights, smoked markers, taillight inserts, and third brake light since some of it was on sale. Half of the stuff is out of stock though so who knows when they'll be in (I've found it fairly common practice for AM to put OOS stuff on sale). I also took the time to add up how much I've spent on the site. That was a mistake. I realized I could have paid off almost half my remaining student loans with it.
Hey,

I'm not entirely sure what happened but if there's something I can help out with here feel free to shoot me a PM, I'm here to help!

Alex
Free Same-Day Shipping!
Old 08-25-2014, 12:34 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMAlexLazarus View Post
Hey,

I'm not entirely sure what happened but if there's something I can help out with here feel free to shoot me a PM, I'm here to help!

Alex
About the Out of Stock stuff? Not sure what you can do with that, it's just stuff that's currently not available. It happens.

Or are you talking about me stating "that was a mistake"? That was just me saying I would have been better off not realizing just how much money I have actually spent on things at AM, nothing to do with my orders being wrong or anything like that. Just poor impulse control
Old 08-25-2014, 12:37 PM   #18
Site Sponsor

Quote:
About the Out of Stock stuff? Not sure what you can do with that, it's just stuff that's currently not available. It happens.

Or are you talking about me stating "that was a mistake"? That was just me saying I would have been better off not realizing just how much money I have actually spent on things at AM, nothing to do with my orders being wrong or anything like that. Just poor impulse control
Force-

That's something that I've heard a fair amount about-We make every attempt to have an overabundance of stock before having items listed on sale-Sorry about the inventory problem!

On the impulse control-I hear you loud and clear there. If there's ever anything I can help out with I'm a PM away!

Alex
Free Same-Day Shipping!
Old 08-27-2014, 10:03 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Well, there's at least one decent thing about moving to New York. It's certainly not the weather.

Old 08-27-2014, 10:13 PM   #20
VIG
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Delaware
Haha yep, I live in Delaware.

I've purchased from AM and gotten my delivery the next day with standard delivery.

Can't beat that.
Old 08-27-2014, 10:58 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

I almost always do as well!

Sent from my 831C using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Old 08-28-2014, 08:28 AM   #22
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Well, there's at least one decent thing about moving to New York. It's certainly not the weather.

That's not necessarily the worst thing! I love getting parts so quickly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VIG View Post
Haha yep, I live in Delaware.

I've purchased from AM and gotten my delivery the next day with standard delivery.

Can't beat that.
This!

Quote:
I almost always do as well!
Just to touch on that again if anyone is to ever have something small ordered like say decals or light bulbs, call, have the order placed over the phone and request that the order is sent UPS Ground! We're happy to have it set up but if it's ordered online the night before it will get picked and shipped very early!

Alex
Free Same-Day Shipping!
Old 08-28-2014, 09:13 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Well, they were delivered today and got them all in/on. No pictures at the moment though, will try to get some later. The Raxiom bulbs are very nice and I am glad I got them (although I think going from being in the dark for a while to the map light will be a little too blinding, but we'll see). I'm not 100% on the tint yet. I'll give it time to cure, but with the exception of the side marker tint (which I REALLY like), I don't know if I like the look of them. Not to mention the tint itself seems to run slightly undersized so the markers poke through around it pretty obviously if you are looking at the right angle. Probably won't be too bad from a little bit away. The tint also seemed to have a very thin protective layer on them, which I peeled off, but the instructions didn't mention this so I don't know if that was supposed to come off or not. If it wasn't then it certainly wasn't on there well enough for any longevity and would have come off later anyways. It'll probably look better when the fogginess goes away after curing. This was just an immediate reaction 10 minutes after installation so it's still kinda bubbly and whatnot.

I don't really know what more I can do to my car now with the exception of a turbo and front/rear sways, which I am not really all that interested in.
Old 08-28-2014, 09:29 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

The protective film is supposed to come off. It's just so you can run a squeegee over it to get the bubbles out without scarring the tint itself.

You can work some of the bubbles out with a wet cloth wrapped around a squeegee. Past that you can try a needle to poke a small hole in the bubble and work it around.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Mustang Evolution mobile app
2011 V6 Race Red - Airaid CAI , BBK 73mm Throttle Body, 3.73 FRPP Gears, BBK Longtube Headers , BBK Off Road X-Pipe , Borla ATAKs , SR Performance Strut Tower Brace, MPT 91R Tune, Powerstop Rotors and pads, JLT Oil Seperator, Koni STR.T Struts & Shocks, Eibach Pro Line Springs, BMR Adjustable Panhard Bar, J&M Caster Camber Plates, Mickey Thompson Street Comps on 19" Laguna Seca Hyper Black Wheels, Several other aesthetic mods
Old 08-28-2014, 09:34 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyM91 View Post
The protective film is supposed to come off. It's just so you can run a squeegee over it to get the bubbles out without scarring the tint itself.

You can work some of the bubbles out with a wet cloth wrapped around a squeegee. Past that you can try a needle to poke a small hole in the bubble and work it around.

I know about the squeegee and needles and whatnot, but I have already done the squeegee and will wait to see if there are any bubbles left after curing. Thanks for the protective film information. I thought as much, but just wanted confirmation.
Old 08-29-2014, 08:53 AM   #26
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Well, they were delivered today and got them all in/on. No pictures at the moment though, will try to get some later. The Raxiom bulbs are very nice and I am glad I got them (although I think going from being in the dark for a while to the map light will be a little too blinding, but we'll see). I'm not 100% on the tint yet. I'll give it time to cure, but with the exception of the side marker tint (which I REALLY like), I don't know if I like the look of them. Not to mention the tint itself seems to run slightly undersized so the markers poke through around it pretty obviously if you are looking at the right angle. Probably won't be too bad from a little bit away. The tint also seemed to have a very thin protective layer on them, which I peeled off, but the instructions didn't mention this so I don't know if that was supposed to come off or not. If it wasn't then it certainly wasn't on there well enough for any longevity and would have come off later anyways. It'll probably look better when the fogginess goes away after curing. This was just an immediate reaction 10 minutes after installation so it's still kinda bubbly and whatnot.

I don't really know what more I can do to my car now with the exception of a turbo and front/rear sways, which I am not really all that interested in.
Hey,

Happy to hear that they're in and good to go! They're definitely on the bright side but that's the idea right? Regarding the tint give them a day or so and if they're not clearing up let us know and we're here to help out! Post up some pictures when you can I'd love to see them on a Gotta Have It Green Mustang (I'm quietly looking at one as we speak! Something about a Green Mustang just works!)

Alex
Free Same-Day Shipping!
Old 09-08-2014, 02:48 AM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Attachment 164096
Before

Attachment 164097
After!

Its unfortunate that you bought these from am.
Could've bought them off amazon for half the price, like myself. (Mine are red, along with my trunk light, and interior map lights. 17.99 on the dot.)
Don't get me wrong, I bought my axle backs and cold air intake through am, but leds arent necessarily a performance mod, which means you could get stuff like this for much cheaper elsewhere IMO!

2014 3.7 Airaid CAI, Roush Axle Back Exhaust
iaintacop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 07:08 AM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by iaintacop View Post
Could've bought them off amazon for half the price, like myself. (Mine are red, along with my trunk light, and interior map lights. 17.99 on the dot.)
Don't get me wrong, I bought my axle backs and cold air intake through am, but leds arent necessarily a performance mod, which means you could get stuff like this for much cheaper elsewhere IMO!

You could. But those don't have warranty. Anything from Raxiom has a 2 year warranty, to me that's worth it.

Old 09-08-2014, 07:15 AM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by iaintacop View Post

Well I learned my lesson buying cheap LEDs. I bought a pair of LED map lights for less than half of what AM is selling them for. Less than 6 months later, one of them burnt out.
2014 V6 Base Coupe, Sterling Gray Metallic///3.31 Gears///FP6 Appearance Package///Tech. Package///Reverse Sensing and Security Package///Mods: Boss 302 grille, MMD Ducktail Spoiler, Weathertech Floor Mats, Bassani Axle-Back Exhaust
SixBanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 07:46 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Finally got some pictures off my camera. (Yes. I know my car, aside from the areas around the lights/markers, is dirty. Thanks.) People have already posted plenty of the map lights and license plate lights so I didn't bother uploading those.

Quarter Marker. You can still see the untinted portion towards the top right, but that's mostly the angle. From a straight-on view it looks perfect.

Taillight inserts. This was before I removed the protective film so it looks like the tint is scratched, but it isn't. (The flash really makes the tails look like they're in rough shape. They aren't, I just need to polish them up a little.)

Third brake light. I ended up removing this because it bubbled like crazy and after popping them with a needle, even more showed up in other places. Looks like it started to crinkle or something. Pretty disappointed in it, but oh well. No clue why this was the only one that did it, all the others seem okay.

Rear bumper. You can see how it doesn't fully cover the reflector, but it's not really that noticeable I don't think. (Although I haven't driven behind the car so I have no idea.)

Side marker. Again doesn't fully cover the light. Looks like the curve was cut too steep. I don't know if this is related to a slight change in style between 2010 to 2014 models or what. Oh well. Again, not too terribly noticeable.

I tried to get the back lights all in one picture, but that didn't work out too well. And you can see the salt layer I still haven't removed from my license plate. It's a huge pain to clean off though.

Side note: There are way too many people from New York on this board. You people need to go somewhere that doesn't have terrible weather.
Old 09-08-2014, 08:08 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Well I'm pretty new here and from NY also. The weather is going to start sucking soon.
2014 Base V6 MT - Deep Impact Blue
MMD Hood Struts / GT500 Spoiler(Black) / MMD Quarter Window Louvers (Black) / UPR Oil Can / SR Perf Shock-Strut Tower Brace / Replaced Coolant Overflow hose Bama X4/SF4 with Race Tune
IzzyMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 08:09 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by IzzyMan View Post
Well I'm pretty new here and from NY also. The weather is going to start sucking soon.
Get out while you still can! Salt. Salt everywhere.
Old 09-08-2014, 08:12 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

I'm from NY. Salt is the enemy
Old 09-08-2014, 09:11 PM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

When you put led's for map lights they no longer dim correct?

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

1989 Sonic Blue LX Coupe, 349 ci, TW heads, TFS Track Heat Intake, 75mm Accufab TB, 80mm ProM, 30 lb. inj, TKO, 3.73, 31 spline w/ TruTrac, MAC 1-5/8" LT headers w/ H pipe, Flowmaster, electric fan Moates QH
391 rwhp & 424 rwtq...Mustang Dyno 11.5@122mph
smurf stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 09:56 PM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by smurf stang View Post
When you put led's for map lights they no longer dim correct?

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
You mean when you close the door and they slowly turn off after a while? Yes, they still do that, although not to such a degree, which is to be expected with LEDs.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang