I'm back from the American Muscle Mustang show - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-23-2014, 09:07 PM   #1
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: Florida
I'm back from the American Muscle Mustang show

It was a really good time for my Mario and myself. The show was perfect, the drive up was good even with the heavy traffic and the drive back to Florida on route 13 across the Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel which is really long with two tunnels was great. My 3.7 Mustang MCA automatic ran perfect and was totally comfortable and a real dream car for the long ride.
Here is what I spent on gas:

My lowest MPG was 27.556 ( What I usually always get anyway)
My highest was 31.998 MPG
87 octane only.

Not bad considering I had some stop & go along with a lot of mountain miles. I did between 65 and 95 miles per hour most of the time staying up with traffic.

My Mario was a big help driving Ha! Ha!

A lot of Mustangs at the show:
Click on pictures to see video's

Ronnie & Mario
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-23-2014, 10:12 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Great post! glad to see your co pilot made the trip! Nothing like taking mans best friend on an adventure.

Good stuff!! I averaged about the same mpg's. Can't complain about that one bit.

2008 Roush 427R
2014 V6 Prem
rmb427r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 12:02 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Glad to hear you made it back safe! Good to meet you and Mario, my girlfriend can't stop talking about Corgi's ever since.
Florida to PA and back for under $240? That's amazing! 29 MPG is great too!
I averaged about 28 on the way down from NY and about 27 coming back up, which was a lot of sitting in traffic.
Advertisement

Old 08-24-2014, 04:07 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Sounds like it was a great trip!

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
rringler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 07:28 AM   #5
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Mario is ready to go again.

I can't walk by my garage door without him following me and talking up a storm. He just loves the car and is always ready to go.

When we stayed with my friend Tom for a few days we went out in Tom's old Chevy truck. Mario likes the truck because it has feet holders to stop him from sliding around when he rides on the center consol. He actually discovered this feature two years ago when we were last in Elkton.

This dog never forgets anything. He started talking as soon as I turned up the road Tom lives on.
He love to ride and he also loves car shows.

Ronnie
Old 08-24-2014, 08:57 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
I was up that way last Saturday, ran into a bunch going that way from NY on the Jersey Turnpike that did not give me the time of day.
But over the 1910 miles going to my 35th class reunion, 64.6 gallons for 29.57 MPG.
Actually got the first tank over 30 MPG (32 MPG) on that trip.
I also did not have any of my dogs with me, they are all too big to fit in the front like Mario.
Mods OEM Backup Camera, BBK Shorties, FRPP Cut and Clamp X-Pipe, Borla Touring A/B's, Airaid CAI, Axle Xchange 2 piece aluminum Driveshaft, Koni Sport Shocks and Struts, Vogtland V6 Leveling springs, Ford Racing 302s wheels wrapped with Continental 275/40 19's, JBL GTO 8628 6X8 in all 4 corners.
2013 F 150 FX2 With a 6.2 Boss
Siber Express is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 10:08 AM   #7
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

How was the reunion ?????

I'm sure you had a great time seeing old friends and seeing how they were doing now.
You gotta love the Mustangs for the great MPG they put out. I use 87 octane only. I do need to figure out my best tank along with my worst tank.
I'm really lucky to have my friend Mario. He is ready to go again. Every time I walk towered my garage door he is right on my heels.
He loves staying in the Motels and sniffing at the rest areas.
Maybe next year you can go to the show. I'm sure you will really enjoy it.

Ronnie
Old 08-25-2014, 06:49 AM   #8
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Great write up Ronnie. Did you meet any other ME members at the show itself? Did you buy anything for the Mustang? Not that it needs anything!

What was the best part of the trip and show? Any "worst"?

Again, glad you made the treck, and good to hear it was all a safe event.
Old 08-25-2014, 10:13 AM   #9
Site Sponsor

Ronnie-Thanks for making the trip up again! This was definitely an epic adventure! I'm happy to that you and Mario had such a great time.

Alex
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A SUPERCHARGED MUSTANG & 2017 RAPTOR!
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMAlexLazarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 12:04 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Ronnie, glad you made it back safe.

Sent from my naked Johnson. The third real non Boss 227
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 12:39 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
It was nice to meet you and Mario, glad you got home safe and by the way thanks for the spot at the show cos I dont think will those spot without you.

Borla touring, airraid Cai, Mac ceramic shorty headers, frrp x pipe, 2010 gt500 rims, 35 % tint and more to come..

---------- Post added at 11:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:39 AM ----------

Get

Borla touring, airraid Cai, Mac ceramic shorty headers, frrp x pipe, 2010 gt500 rims, 35 % tint and more to come..
shunc01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 03:03 PM   #12
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Hi Bucko

You should try your best to make this event next August if any way possible.
I met up with ArtU, 2011 Kona Blue, Shunc 1, Grabber Blue 1993 and we all rode in and parked together in the absolute best spot at the show.
ArtU called my Mario a "CHICK MAGNET" and he sure was correct on that. I think he was petted by every American Muscle Girl there plus many more. He had a great time. I met Alex, Waved to Chip Foose who I knew from the S.E.M.A shows in Las Vegas. I also had a great time.
There are some video's and picture already posted I took at the beginning of this post. Just click on the small photo's to start the movies.
As big as this was this year, I'll bet it will be even larger with more Mustangs next year. There is a whole lot of room for expansion and many more Mustangs as well as Vendors.
They really could have had many more Food Vendors though. The lines at the few that were there were really very long all day. A dozen more would have been better.
I'm glad I brought plenty of water, cokes & V8 juice or I would have starved to death.
I sure hope I'm well enough next year and the cancer treatments are over so I can go again.
Ronnie
Old 08-25-2014, 03:05 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie948 View Post
I met up with ArtU, 2011 Kona Blue, Shunc 1 and we all rode in and parked together in the absolute best spot at the show.
ArtU called my Mario a "CHICK MAGNET" and he sure was correct on that. I think he was petted by every American Muscle Girl there plus many more. He had a great time. I met Alex, Waved to Chip Foose who I knew from the S.E.M.A shows in Las Vegas. I also had a great time.
There are some video's and picture already posted I took at the beginning of this post. Just click on the small photo's to start the movies.
As big as this was this year, I'll bet it will be even larger with more Mustangs next year. There is a whole lot of room for expansion and many more Mustangs as well as Vendors.
They really could have had many more Food Vendors though. The lines at the few that were there were really very long all day. A dozen more would have been better.
I'm glad I brought plenty of water, cokes & V8 juice or I would have starved to death.
I sure hope I'm well enough next year and the cancer treatments are over so I can go again.
Ronnie
And me! Don't forget me! I was right next to Shunc!
Old 08-25-2014, 03:07 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue1993 View Post
And me! Don't forget me! I was right next to Shunc!
Yeah and grabberblue1993 too.. Lol.. And he is right beside me.. I will be a witness. Lol

shunc01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 03:16 PM   #15
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Sorry Mister Blue

I had it wrote down and still l goofed up. It was really great to meet up. I gotta do a better job next year by having a sign or something. I did not realize that there would be a million Mustangs in that Holiday inn parking lot.
I'm waiting for ArtU to send me some pictures he took of the America Muscle girls. I know that they gotta be good.
Hey Grabber Blue 1993---DID YOUR GIRL FRIEND GET HER CORGI YET?????? Ha! Ha!
Ronnie
Old 08-26-2014, 09:50 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
It was great meeting the ME folks at the AM show, and Ronnie getting us up front parking was awesome. Mario was a real hit with the AM girls as you can see below.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8277.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	1.60 MB
ID:	164406  
ArtU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 10:14 AM   #17
Site Sponsor

Quote:
I met up with ArtU, 2011 Kona Blue, Shunc 1, Grabber Blue 1993 and we all rode in and parked together in the absolute best spot at the show.
Ronnie
I'm always happy to hear of a solid cruise prior to the show! Mario's definitely a magnet! I saw him with a lot of fans throughout the day! It was nice to put a face to name again as well, Ronnie! We're aiming to have more vendors as well as definitely working with the track to overhaul the concessions. I personally didn't get to grab a bite and there's a lot of room for improvement there! Rest assure it's going to be much different next year!

Alex
Free Same-Day Shipping!
Old 08-26-2014, 10:21 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Uh oh better not remind her about that lol. We have enough dogs!!!!
And that's a really good point about the food! Deff could use more food vendors. The lines were huge but actually not too bad. 15-20 minutes but looked like it should have been an hour. The workers did a very good job.

Sent from my 831C using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Old 08-26-2014, 10:45 AM   #19
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

I think all the people at America Muscle did an outstanding job.

For the very first time at this location I think it went off extremely great. It was a huge event and everything looked perfectly smooth to me and "MARIO"
The vendors that were there and there were plenty of them all were friendly, knowledgeable and had good displays of the products. You could even get a free tattoo if you wanted one. There was a 2015 Mustang on display. The American Muscle girls were all friendly and just plain gorgeous. Although there were not enough food vendors, The ones that were there had great food at very reasonable prices.
I sure hope I can make it back up next year because I really think that this show is going to be a lot bigger and attract a lot more celebrity's and be the place to be with your Mustang.
Ronnie
Old 08-26-2014, 10:48 AM   #20
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Quote:
Ronnie
Yea, I'm getting tired of this "all work, no play" deal I seem to have going lately. I've driven the Mustang maybe twice the past 2 weeks. This stinks!

Next year, we can get a convoy going from Florida all the way up. maybe we can get ME to make up some flags to place on the rear antenna masts to advertise the site. I'll see what I can do.
Old 08-26-2014, 12:04 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Here was the observation I made to Ronnie early in the day:
"With the sound systems playing good car tunes, the rolling beautiful hills and grass of PA, the show folks extending the parking of all the extra cars into the grass....Its a Mustang WoodStock!"

AM, you are free to use my quote in promotional materials
Old 08-26-2014, 12:10 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
....There was a 2015 Mustang on display...
He came in from FlatRock MI most likely, as Ford just got done with a Plant Tour at that location that many in our local Mustang Club participated in on the Thursday before the show.
I was from Toledo which is the turning point to I-80 from Flatrock; so we played Tag at rest stops on the way to the show on Friday afternoon. I would keep arriving at a rest stop the car was parked at ior that car arrived at a rest stop I was already parked at. I got a pic of him at the Blue Mountain Gas Stop.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	2015.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	606.4 KB
ID:	164410  
Old 08-26-2014, 12:11 PM   #23
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Yes-YES-YES

A Mustang "WOODSTOCK" is just a good excellent description of this event.
Ronnie
Old 08-26-2014, 04:59 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Count me in next year!

Sent from my HTC One using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Old 08-26-2014, 05:25 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14mustang v6 View Post
Count me in next year!

Sent from my HTC One using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Ditto

Sent from my naked Johnson. The third real non Boss 227
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1409091929764.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	61.8 KB
ID:	164431  
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 07:44 AM   #26
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue1993 View Post
And that's a really good point about the food! Deff could use more food vendors. The lines were huge but actually not too bad. 15-20 minutes but looked like it should have been an hour. The workers did a very good job.
Believe me that's something that's going to be much different next year! Maple was not prepared for the amount of people and it's something that we're going to make sure never happens again!

Quote:
For the very first time at this location I think it went off extremely great. It was a huge event and everything looked perfectly smooth to me and "MARIO"
The vendors that were there and there were plenty of them all were friendly, knowledgeable and had good displays of the products. You could even get a free tattoo if you wanted one. There was a 2015 Mustang on display. The American Muscle girls were all friendly and just plain gorgeous. Although there were not enough food vendors, The ones that were there had great food at very reasonable prices.
I sure hope I can make it back up next year because I really think that this show is going to be a lot bigger and attract a lot more celebrity's and be the place to be with your Mustang.
Ronnie
Ronnie-Thanks a lot for the feedback! The space was really open and I think there was even room to fit a few more vendors in cars in the main area. The Free tattoos we're pretty cool if you ask me! I think we're definitely going to have that again based on the popularity! We're hoping you're able to make it back next year!
Free Same-Day Shipping!
Old 08-27-2014, 07:46 AM   #27
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucko View Post
Yea, I'm getting tired of this "all work, no play" deal I seem to have going lately. I've driven the Mustang maybe twice the past 2 weeks. This stinks! Next year, we can get a convoy going from Florida all the way up. maybe we can get ME to make up some flags to place on the rear antenna masts to advertise the site. I'll see what I can do.
I think that would be really cool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtU View Post
Here was the observation I made to Ronnie early in the day:
"With the sound systems playing good car tunes, the rolling beautiful hills and grass of PA, the show folks extending the parking of all the extra cars into the grass....Its a Mustang WoodStock!"

AM, you are free to use my quote in promotional materials
That's awesome! I'll be sure to pass that along to the right team! It really was!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14mustang v6 View Post
Count me in next year!
Awesome! We will see you there!

Thanks again for the feedback and suggestions guys!
Free Same-Day Shipping!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang