Manual vs "auto manual" - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-24-2014, 01:50 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Manual vs "auto manual"

So as I've stated before I'm a big fan of manual transmissions and it's sad that the numbers of manual cars driven is low. Anyway, I've been away from my mustang for almost 3 months and just recently got a new rental car. They gave me the charger (they had no mustangs). I tried the +/- shifting and I must say it's not as fun as people make it out to be. Nothing beats manual transmission sports car. But to each their own

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
elkoritaNAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-24-2014, 01:50 PM   #2
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Washington
Is it a pretty quick gear change?

05 Gt Premium Performance White, flowmaster outlaws
natestang07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 02:13 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by elkoritaNAY View Post
So as I've stated before I'm a big fan of manual transmissions and it's sad that the numbers of manual cars driven is low. Anyway, I've been away from my mustang for almost 3 months and just recently got a new rental car. They gave me the charger (they had no mustangs). I tried the +/- shifting and I must say it's not as fun as people make it out to be. Nothing beats manual transmission sports car. But to each their own

Imo, paddleshifters are usually garbage unless you have a car with a dual clutch transmission.
2011 V6 Race Red - Airaid CAI , BBK 73mm Throttle Body, 3.73 FRPP Gears, BBK Longtube Headers , BBK Off Road X-Pipe , Borla ATAKs , SR Performance Strut Tower Brace, MPT 91R Tune, Powerstop Rotors and pads, JLT Oil Seperator, Koni STR.T Struts & Shocks, Eibach Pro Line Springs, BMR Adjustable Panhard Bar, J&M Caster Camber Plates, Mickey Thompson Street Comps on 19" Laguna Seca Hyper Black Wheels, Several other aesthetic mods
JoeyM91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-24-2014, 02:34 PM   #4
VIG
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Delaware
Another one of these threads???
Old 08-24-2014, 06:32 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by elkoritaNAY View Post

My wife and I have had three cars since 08 with the +/- tiptronic autos, 2004 Mazda 3, 2010 Mazda 5 GT and 2014 Ford fusion eco. While they are fun to play around with none of them shift quickly between gears at all, there is quite a bit of lag between shifts. But at least it made the autos a little more fun to drive and gave me a sense of control with my transmission.

2013 3.7 Manual Candy apple red metallic,
GT 500 stripes, painted side mirror covers, GT 500 spoiler, 2010 GT premium wheels with Pirelli P-zero tires, upper and lower front billet grille, Barton shifter bracket, Airaid Cold air intake, S.R lowering springs, J&M adjustable panhard bar, Boss 302 strut tower brace, 3.73 ford racing gears, Bama tuned, BBK shorty headers, Roush Axel backs.
FastFord13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 09:22 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Ya your better off letting your car do the shifting during a race but to play around with the manual mode is pretty fun.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang