WTF? Really? Hyundai? !?!?!?!?! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-27-2014, 03:31 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Other
WTF? Really? Hyundai? !?!?!?!?!

Watch "2013 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track vs 2013 Ford…" on YouTube - 2013 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track vs 2013 Ford…: 2013 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track vs 2013 Ford Mustang V6 Performance Package - YouTube
Soon: Procharger & NOS
dubaighost is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-27-2014, 04:11 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Not sure why you're surprised by this. The Performance Package on the Mustang is nothing compared to the Track package on the Genesis Coupe. Honestly, had Ford not forced me to buy another Ford as a replacement when they bought back my Focus, I would probably have bought a Genesis Coupe. Not to mention the whole $7000 price differential between the two. You get a fair amount with that. This isn't really an apples to apples comparison in all aspects.
Old 08-27-2014, 04:12 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
Not a completely fair comparison seeing as the Genesis is firmly in the price range of a GT, not a V6. That being said, that's the top- end genesis, not the base.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Mustang Evolution mobile app
2011 V6 Race Red - Airaid CAI , BBK 73mm Throttle Body, 3.73 FRPP Gears, BBK Longtube Headers , BBK Off Road X-Pipe , Borla ATAKs , SR Performance Strut Tower Brace, MPT 91R Tune, Powerstop Rotors and pads, JLT Oil Seperator, Koni STR.T Struts & Shocks, Eibach Pro Line Springs, BMR Adjustable Panhard Bar, J&M Caster Camber Plates, Mickey Thompson Street Comps on 19" Laguna Seca Hyper Black Wheels, Several other aesthetic mods
JoeyM91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-27-2014, 04:30 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Also make sure you ignore the quality issues with the hyundai.

Luke 11:9-10 “So I say to you ...*search and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.

My sponsor, Tokkyo Nutrition, offers 50% off your entire order with the code "PowerHouse"
UltArc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 04:34 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
the Hyundai is not the throw away car that it used to be. there cute cars lol
TurboCobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 04:36 PM   #6
VIG
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Delaware
Can't sleep on Hyundai. They're not the junk that they used to be.
Old 08-27-2014, 04:37 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Actually the top end Genesis is a 420hp V8. I know pretty sick, but its more like a Lincoln. http://www.hyundaicanada.com/Pages/s...?model=genesis

2013 3.7 Manual Candy apple red metallic,
GT 500 stripes, painted side mirror covers, GT 500 spoiler, 2010 GT premium wheels with Pirelli P-zero tires, upper and lower front billet grille, Barton shifter bracket, Airaid Cold air intake, S.R lowering springs, J&M adjustable panhard bar, Boss 302 strut tower brace, 3.73 ford racing gears, Bama tuned, BBK shorty headers, Roush Axel backs.
FastFord13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 04:37 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Take the price difference and buy a tuner
Tyoung68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 04:38 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

That's the significantly heavier sedan though. More of a luxury car there.

2011 V6 Race Red - Airaid CAI , BBK 73mm Throttle Body, 3.73 FRPP Gears, BBK Longtube Headers , BBK Off Road X-Pipe , Borla ATAKs , SR Performance Strut Tower Brace, MPT 91R Tune, Powerstop Rotors and pads, JLT Oil Seperator, Koni STR.T Struts & Shocks, Eibach Pro Line Springs, BMR Adjustable Panhard Bar, J&M Caster Camber Plates, Mickey Thompson Street Comps on 19" Laguna Seca Hyper Black Wheels, Several other aesthetic mods
Old 08-27-2014, 04:39 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Take the difference and buy a turbo lol

Luke 11:9-10 “So I say to you ...*search and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.

My sponsor, Tokkyo Nutrition, offers 50% off your entire order with the code "PowerHouse"
Old 08-27-2014, 04:39 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyM91 View Post
That's the significantly heavier sedan though. More of a luxury car there.

+1, I'd rather have a Lincoln.

GT 500 stripes, painted side mirror covers, GT 500 spoiler, 2010 GT premium wheels with Pirelli P-zero tires, upper and lower front billet grille, Barton shifter bracket, Airaid Cold air intake, S.R lowering springs, J&M adjustable panhard bar, Boss 302 strut tower brace, 3.73 ford racing gears, Bama tuned, BBK shorty headers, Roush Axel backs.
FastFord13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 04:41 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastFord13 View Post
+1, I'd rather have a Lincoln.

I honestly wouldn't go domestic for a luxury car. I'm more of a fan of the big 3. A Caddy CTS wouldn't be terrible, if they've fixed their workmanship.

Old 08-27-2014, 04:41 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Dumping that money into a turbo would make it a faster car, but that doesn't really make it a better car overall. You can dump $7000 into a 90s Civic and make it beat the crap out of a GT, doesn't mean it's a car you ever actually want to drive.
Old 08-27-2014, 04:45 PM   #14
VIG
Registered Member
Regular

WTF? Really? Hyundai? !?!?!?!?!

Quote:
I honestly wouldn't go domestic for a luxury car. I'm more of a fan of the big 3. A Caddy CTS wouldn't be terrible, if they've fixed their workmanship.

I currently have a 2012 CTS and a 2012 SRX, both of which I love, but I've been eyeing the Genesis and the Equus by Hyundai.

I've test driven the Equus and can't figure out why anyone would buy a Mercedes when that's available.
Old 08-27-2014, 04:46 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by VIG View Post
I currently have a 2012 CTS and a 2012 SRX, both of which I love, but I've been eyeing the Genesis and the Equus by Hyundai.

I've test driven the Equus and can't figure out why anyone would buy a Mercedes when that's available.
If I had the money it'd be a new Jaguar F type. So sinister looking. Love em.

Old 08-27-2014, 04:48 PM   #16
VIG
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
If I had the money it'd be a new Jaguar F type. So sinister looking. Love em.

Those are filthy. I saw one at the car wash I go to and had to change my undies afterwards.

They look even better in person than any pictures I've seen of them.
Old 08-27-2014, 04:50 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Those are filthy. I saw one at the car wash I go to and had to change my undies afterwards.

They look even better in person than any pictures I've seen of them.
Same, there was one at a show here. All black with black interior and white piping/stitching. Instant car-boner.

Old 08-27-2014, 04:56 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
Gonna consider that video irrelevant

$33K Genesis vs. $24K Mustang - either buy a 5.0 or make the V6 a beast with the $9K in mods.

Mustang wins either way.
Old 08-27-2014, 05:00 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
lol I would never pay 33k .. Maybe ina few years when the car is like 3500 on craigs list
TurboCobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 05:01 PM   #20
VIG
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Instant car-boner.

Haha I'm so stealing this.
Old 08-27-2014, 05:07 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboCobra View Post
lol I would never pay 33k .. Maybe ina few years when the car is like 3500 on craigs list
Lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by forceflow2 View Post
Dumping that money into a turbo would make it a faster car, but that doesn't really make it a better car overall. You can dump $7000 into a 90s Civic and make it beat the crap out of a GT, doesn't mean it's a car you ever actually want to drive.
Agreed; dumping money into a car doesn't make it a good car (rice, anyone?). BUT I wouldn't consider putting a turbo on a v6 the same as that civic situation, rather taking the best bang for the buck and making it better.

Old 08-27-2014, 06:46 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Take it from someone who has spent thousands of miles in both, the base Mustang is a vastly superior car to even the top of the line genny coupe. I have test driven almost every Genesis combo and nothing compares to how the mustang drives.

The interior of the mustang is retro and feels high quality for a car that costs 22K or less. The genny on the other hand is full of cheap plastics, a cheap feeling steering wheel and shifter, and the seating position felt awkward to me (could just be me though). Also, when i had a genesis as a loaner car, the thing drank gas like it had a V8 (i got around 13-14 MPG mixed driving)

"America's Best Warranty" is a tag line to get you into the doors, and if you actually have a problem, you are screwed. I had a problem with my Hyundai that every dealer i took it to said it "is supposed to be like that". I ended up having to pay thousands in legal fees (Hyundai eventually had to reimburse me for them) and go through the stress of fighting a large corporation in court. I eventually won and got my car fixed, but it was an unneeded hassle that could have been avoided if Hyundai wasn't a penny pinching joke of a company.

Sorry for my rant but i have VERY strong feelings against buying a Hyundai.

Mods: Airaid CAI w/ Synthamax filter, 18" black AMR wheels
blackstang1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 07:18 PM   #23
VIG
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackstang1 View Post
Take it from someone who has spent thousands of miles in both, the base Mustang is a vastly superior car to even the top of the line genny coupe. I have test driven almost every Genesis combo and nothing compares to how the mustang drives.

The interior of the mustang is retro and feels high quality for a car that costs 22K or less. The genny on the other hand is full of cheap plastics, a cheap feeling steering wheel and shifter, and the seating position felt awkward to me (could just be me though). Also, when i had a genesis as a loaner car, the thing drank gas like it had a V8 (i got around 13-14 MPG mixed driving)

"America's Best Warranty" is a tag line to get you into the doors, and if you actually have a problem, you are screwed. I had a problem with my Hyundai that every dealer i took it to said it "is supposed to be like that". I ended up having to pay thousands in legal fees (Hyundai eventually had to reimburse me for them) and go through the stress of fighting a large corporation in court. I eventually won and got my car fixed, but it was an unneeded hassle that could have been avoided if Hyundai wasn't a penny pinching joke of a company.

Sorry for my rant but i have VERY strong feelings against buying a Hyundai.

Lol tell us how you really feel!

I had the opposite experience with them. I've owned 2 Hyundais, and was completely pleased with both of them.

I guess people will had good and bad experiences with every automaker.
Old 08-27-2014, 07:38 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Lol tell us how you really feel!

I had the opposite experience with them. I've owned 2 Hyundais, and was completely pleased with both of them.

I guess people will had good and bad experiences with every automaker.
Completely agree. My coworker has had his elantra for 6+ years with no problems (other than bad rust) and it still runs pretty good.

I probably got a lemon but i didn't like how Hyundai dealt with the problem at all.

Old 08-27-2014, 08:13 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Did you also hear that they were banging off the speed limiter as the Genesis didn't.

Whatever tho you win some you lose some.

1989 Sonic Blue LX Coupe, 349 ci, TW heads, TFS Track Heat Intake, 75mm Accufab TB, 80mm ProM, 30 lb. inj, TKO, 3.73, 31 spline w/ TruTrac, MAC 1-5/8" LT headers w/ H pipe, Flowmaster, electric fan Moates QH
391 rwhp & 424 rwtq...Mustang Dyno 11.5@122mph
smurf stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 09:26 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Hyundai should really make the Genesis line into its own brand i.e. toyota/lexus, honda/acura.
lisl12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 09:29 PM   #27
VIG
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisl12 View Post
Hyundai should really make the Genesis line into its own brand i.e. toyota/lexus, honda/acura.

That's kind of what they've done with the Equus. From what I remember, it doesn't say Hyundai anywhere on it.
Old 08-27-2014, 09:50 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
I think they still have the hyundai logo on the trunk though from the ones I've seen
lisl12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 09:58 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
That's kind of what they've done with the Equus. From what I remember, it doesn't say Hyundai anywhere on it.
The Equus is an amazing car. You basically get MB S-class/Bentley/Maybach level luxury for Cadillac prices.

Also, the V6 Genesis coupe is a better car than the Mustang V6.... just not once price is factored in. You could buy any of the V8 muscle cars for the same or less as the V6 Genesis coupe.
Old 08-27-2014, 10:44 PM   #30
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ish416 View Post
The Equus is an amazing car. You basically get MB S-class/Bentley/Maybach level luxury for Cadillac prices.

Also, the V6 Genesis coupe is a better car than the Mustang V6.... just not once price is factored in. You could buy any of the V8 muscle cars for the same or less as the V6 Genesis coupe.

Maybach/Bently luxury + Mustang looks + LS9

What's not to love?

Bullitts are better than Bullets

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 11:41 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ish416 View Post

Really? MB, sure, and I have actually never been in a Bentley, but Maybach? That's quite the stretch from my experience with the Equus lol

Old 08-28-2014, 06:46 AM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

There are always going to be faster, better handling cars out there - and I'm not interested in any of them!
sid719e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 07:50 AM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltArc View Post
Really? MB, sure, and I have actually never been in a Bentley, but Maybach? That's quite the stretch from my experience with the Equus lol

I've been in the new S class and the equus (only at the dealership) and i can say that the equus is a hell of a deal but doesn't come close to the S class. Not sure about the Maybach, though.

Old 08-28-2014, 07:58 AM   #34
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Who really cares??????????

Genesis coupe
Porsche
Corvette
Audi
Charger hellcat
Ferrari
Jaguar
And many other fine cars. All good decent cars and I'm sure their owners like them.
BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBUT********************************************
they Are not Mustangs which are "MUSTANGS" and have been since 1964. They don't have the following or loyalty of 90% of Mustang owners share.
I would not trade my Mustang for any or all of the cars I mentioned.
I personally love my Mustang and plan on keeping it forever.
Ronnie
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 08:00 AM   #35
Staff

Regular
Staff

Region: Connecticut
they are closer to compare than the FRS/BRZ. That being said I would'nt mind any of them. Neither were readily available when I bought mine. I will say the base V6 Stang with 3.31 is a performance bargin made (mostly) in the US and gets respect from 99% of the people I was surprised I fit in the BRZ and would consider it for a toy but I think $ would be the deal breaker and what I've read is 3-4K rpm hwy cruising. I also know I prefer cars with less posh and would pick the base V8 Stang at a 28K price point.
1% V6 bashers

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang