11-12 GT Resonators needed! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-27-2014, 11:18 PM   #1

Region: California
11-12 GT Resonators needed!

What's up guys. Looking for someone selling there gt resonators and are in good condition to weld into my exhaust to tame the rasp for the headers and x pipe. Will pay for shipping
Chrisotisky is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-27-2014, 11:28 PM   #2
Registered Member

Regular

First wrong section. You need to have 20 posts to put this in the for sale/wanted section...

Second, are you looking for mufflers? Pretty sure the GT doesn't have resonators.
Socal Stangman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 11:35 PM   #3

Sorry, new to all of this. I have talked to a few people and have heard of people doing resonator deletes on there GT's and being able to use those resonators
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-27-2014, 11:36 PM   #4
Abominable Mustang

Regular
Staff

Region: Alaska
The GTs do have resonators. They're after the midpipe whereas ours are after the cats. They're one of the first things to go after replacing the axlebacks so they're easy to find.

Sent from the Death Star.
LCA Relocation brackets, AE driveshaft, GT 80mm TB,
Black 18x9/10 2010 GT500 Wheels w/ Nitto NT555s,
Eibach Sportline Springs/shocks & Koni STR.T Struts
WhoDat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 11:38 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoDat View Post
The GTs do have resonators. They're after the midpipe whereas ours are after the cats. They're one of the first things to go after replacing the axlebacks so they're easy to find.

Any clue on where I would be able to find some or would I be better off just buying them new from eBay or amazon?
Old 08-27-2014, 11:40 PM   #6

Quote:

Any clue on where I would be able to find some? Or would I be better off buying new ones off of eBay or amazon?
Old 08-27-2014, 11:49 PM   #7
Abominable Mustang

Regular
Staff

Region: Alaska
Browse the for sale section on here and some of the other mustang forums. You could also go through some of the exhaust threads in the GT section. Someone may have recently removed theirs and you can shoot them a PM to see if they're interested in selling them. A good tool to use is the advanced search function on the desktop version of the forum. And once you hit 20 tech related posts, you can create your own thread in the for sale section.

LCA Relocation brackets, AE driveshaft, GT 80mm TB,
Black 18x9/10 2010 GT500 Wheels w/ Nitto NT555s,
Eibach Sportline Springs/shocks & Koni STR.T Struts
WhoDat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 11:51 PM   #8

Quote:
Browse the for sale section on here and some of the other mustang forums. You could also go through some of the exhaust threads in the GT section. Someone may have recently removed theirs and you can shoot them a PM to see if they're interested in selling them. A good tool to use is the advanced search function on the desktop version of the forum. And once you hit 20 tech related posts, you can create your own thread in the for sale section.

Thanks a lot for the help brother! Much appreciated
Old 08-28-2014, 12:02 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socal Stangman View Post
First wrong section. You need to have 20 posts to put this in the for sale/wanted section... Second, are you looking for mufflers? Pretty sure the GT doesn't have resonators.
Wrong info bud! 5.0s come with 2 resonators & a lot of people delete them!
OP I'm sure someone that's taken them off their 5.0 will sell u theirs! U can also try summitracing.com, I got mine for my old 3.7 from autozone (I think the bran was thrush) & they worked well for me! I'd recommend going with at least 18" in resonator length! What set up do u have that u need resonators for?
Old 08-28-2014, 12:05 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oh2freshstang View Post
Wrong info bud! 5.0s come with 2 resonators & a lot of people delete them!
OP I'm sure someone that's taken them off their 5.0 will sell u theirs! U can also try summitracing.com, I got mine for my old 3.7 from autozone (I think the bran was thrush) & they worked well for me! I'd recommend going with at least 18" in resonator length! What set up do u have that u need resonators for?
New to all of this so learning how to navigate through the forums haha. I have bbk l/t's and bbk x pipe with the stock axle backs. Wanted to tame some of the rasp
Old 08-28-2014, 12:12 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisotisky View Post
New to all of this so learning how to navigate through the forums haha. I have bbk l/t's and bbk x pipe with the stock axle backs. Wanted to tame some of the rasp
No worries man I was actually talking to the other guy that was giving u wrong info.
Ah ok yea resonators will help A LOT!!! I had BBK LTs/Xpipe with pype bomb muffler delete & it was insanely loud & raspy till I put 2 thrush resonators! After that it sounded amazing! Super loud but less rasp & a nice deep tone!
Old 08-28-2014, 12:15 AM   #12

Quote:
No worries man I was actually talking to the other guy that was giving u wrong info.
Ah ok yea resonators will help A LOT!!! I had BBK LTs/Xpipe with pype bomb muffler delete & it was insanely loud & raspy till I put 2 thrush resonators! After that it sounded amazing! Super loud but less rasp & a nice deep tone!
So does is matter what brand the resonators are or as long as they're at least 18in? Confused because of so many different brands
Old 08-28-2014, 12:46 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
So does is matter what brand the resonators are or as long as they're at least 18in? Confused because of so many different brands
Not really man they all do basically the same thing! The longer they are the quieter & less raspier it gets but 18" ones usually will do the trick. I think mine were 21". U can also try calling an exhaust shop in ur area & see how much they can sell u some for I'm sure they'll have some!
Old 08-28-2014, 12:48 AM   #14

Quote:
Not really man they all do basically the same thing! The longer they are the quieter & less raspier it gets but 18" ones usually will do the trick. I think mine were 21". U can also try calling an exhaust shop in ur area & see how much they can sell u some for I'm sure they'll have some!
Thanks a lot! Really helped brother!
Old 08-28-2014, 12:49 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Thanks a lot! Really helped brother!
No problem bro!
Old 08-28-2014, 10:44 AM   #16
Registered Member

Regular

OP...let me apologize to you. I really wasnt helpful to you at all. I try not to be the person that posts stuff like that...Im not sure why I did to be honest. Youre new here and you dont know the format.

Im not sure I gave you "wrong" advice though. Your thread appears to be a wanted thread and that does go in the for sale/wanted section. As far as the resonators go I never said that they didnt have them, I said I was pretty sure they didnt have them. I guess they do..
Socal Stangman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 10:50 AM   #17

Quote:
OP...let me apologize to you. I really wasnt helpful to you at all. I try not to be the person that posts stuff like that...Im not sure why I did to be honest. Youre new here and you dont know the format.

Im not sure I gave you "wrong" advice though. Your thread appears to be a wanted thread and that does go in the for sale/wanted section. As far as the resonators go I never said that they didnt have them, I said I was pretty sure they didnt have them. I guess they do..

No problem!

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Old 08-28-2014, 01:30 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
It's amazing to see people on the internet actually apologize for something. In real life we are pleasant and polite, but on the internet for some reason courtesy goes out the window. I, too, try not to be "that guy", but a couple weeks ago I made a real jack-off comment, have no idea why, and I felt like crap about it all day. I apologized, the guy said it's cool, life went on. Wish this would happen more often in the virtual world... It's a kindergarten lesson in the real world.

Sent from my HTCONE using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Sakib is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang