Anyone have or heard this exhaust setup? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-28-2014, 12:03 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Anyone have or heard this exhaust setup?

My current mods are Roush axle backs, bbk cai, race tune. I would like to make the exhaust a little louder but still keep the same deep tone. I was looking at getting shorty headers by bbk or Mac (ceramic of course). How do y'all think my exhaust will sound if I add in the headers with the Roush axle backs? Also any performance gains? And how is the install?

Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution
Bama Performance Tune
Raxiom LED licence plate bulbs
Black GT500 style spoiler
Will2329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-28-2014, 12:31 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
From what I've seen with Roush Axle-back Exhaust (and based on my personal preferences) - any mod will make it sound more raspy. I like the Roush Axle-back's on an otherwise completely stock system. If you're looking for a deep tone, get an H-pipe.

I ended up with: BBK Shorties, MRT H-pipe, and Magnaflow Competitions (https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v...23563105352161)
spacechalklate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 01:03 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

I have roush axle backs and an airraid cai. I was thinking of doing bbk shorty headers next aswell. If you go with the headers, please let me know how it turns out for you!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
iaintacop is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-28-2014, 10:43 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Space you got the shorty headers to bolt up to the MRT H pipe or they had to do some modifications to the h pipe to make it work? My ideal exhaust setup would be either shorty headers with mrt h pipe and borla ataks or ARH longtube headers MRT H pipe and Borla Ataks.
AirRaid CAI, BBK Ceramic LT Headers, BBK Catted X Pipe, Borla ATAK, MPT 93/97 Tune, Steeda LCA's and UCA, Steeda Relocation Brackets, 373 gears, WaveTrac LSD, Dynotech Driveshaft. Prothane Motor Mounts, Whiteline adjustable panhard bar & brace.Ground Control Coilovers with Koni's custom valved. Coming soon Circle D 3800 Stall and Lone Wolf Intake Manifold.
willb2305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 11:11 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Ok AM has a h pipe that seems reasonable..MAC Off-Road Pro Chamber Mid-Pipe http://m.americanmuscle.com/productd...?entryid=31838 anyone have this pipe?

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Bama Performance Tune
Old 08-28-2014, 11:30 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
I have Roush AB along with bbk shorties and Airaid Cai with a Bama 91r and the headers didn't make it louder, but evened out the tone. I get compliments all the time! I'm Very happy with the sound!!

2013 3.7 Manual Candy apple red metallic,
GT 500 stripes, painted side mirror covers, GT 500 spoiler, 2010 GT premium wheels with Pirelli P-zero tires, upper and lower front billet grille, Barton shifter bracket, Airaid Cold air intake, S.R lowering springs, J&M adjustable panhard bar, Boss 302 strut tower brace, 3.73 ford racing gears, Bama tuned, BBK shorty headers, Roush Axel backs.
FastFord13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 12:57 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastFord13 View Post
I have Roush AB along with bbk shorties and Airaid Cai with a Bama 91r and the headers didn't make it louder, but evened out the tone. I get compliments all the time! I'm Very happy with the sound!!

GT 500 stripes, painted side mirror covers, GT 500 spoiler, 2010 GT premium wheels with Pirelli P-zero tires, upper and lower front billet grille, Barton shifter bracket, Airaid Cold air intake, S.R lowering springs, J&M adjustable panhard bar, Boss 302 strut tower brace, 3.73 ford racing gears, Bama tuned, BBK shorty headers, Roush Axel backs.
What exactly do you mean by evened out the tone?? Do tell

Ask any racer. Any real racer. It don't matter if you win by an inch or a mile. Winning's winning.
Old 08-28-2014, 01:57 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Get a GT H pipe off a 2011-2014 5.0. At first it had a strange sound. Almost like a Tacoma Pre-Runner V6...like a long drawn out bull frog but then I installed BBK short tie headers.....world of difference and it even has a nice gurgle to it while driving and under load it really bubbles nicely
Old 08-28-2014, 02:55 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fintile View Post
Get a GT H pipe off a 2011-2014 5.0. At first it had a strange sound. Almost like a Tacoma Peru nervous V6...like a long drawn out bull frog but then I installed BBK short tie headers.....world of difference and it even has a nice gurgle to it while driving and under load it really bubbles nicely
Can u post a sound clip?

Sent from my HTC One using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Old 08-28-2014, 03:02 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Get a GT H pipe off a 2011-2014 5.0. At first it had a strange sound. Almost like a Tacoma Peru nervous V6...like a long drawn out bull frog but then I installed BBK short tie headers.....world of difference and it even has a nice gurgle to it while driving and under load it really bubbles nicely
Put up a vid please

2014 3.7 Airaid CAI, Roush Axle Back Exhaust
Old 08-28-2014, 05:21 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

It's not the best but you can hear it pretty good. I'll be getting more this weekend after I do a cruise with a couple of the guys on here.
2012 Mustang V6:
http://youtu.be/vb3pNKORIMU
Old 08-28-2014, 06:12 PM   #12
IS3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Love that sound!
IS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 06:36 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

I couldnt distinguish it well enough with the wind and road noise:/

Old 08-28-2014, 07:49 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

I'll have a clearer video up this weekend
Old 08-28-2014, 08:24 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by iaintacop View Post
What exactly do you mean by evened out the tone?? Do tell

Ask any racer. Any real racer. It don't matter if you win by an inch or a mile. Winning's winning.
Basically didn't make it any louder or quieter, just cleaned up the tone. Its the best way I could describe it.

Old 08-28-2014, 08:28 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
It's not the best but you can hear it pretty good. I'll be getting more this weekend after I do a cruise with a couple of the guys on here.
2012 Mustang V6:
http://youtu.be/vb3pNKORIMU
You have magna flow streets? Completely different than Roush. It's the other end of the sound spectrum. The Streets are very quiet compared to the Roush AB.

Old 08-28-2014, 08:34 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Hmmmm, so sound aside, any difference in performance that you may have noticed?

Old 08-28-2014, 08:43 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Hmmmm, so sound aside, any difference in performance that you may have noticed?

I noticed more low end bite. It wasn't OMG but was there. IMO shorties are definitely worth it! It will make your Roush sound even better but don't expect more volume. I suggest not changing your factory x\h pipe because it will sound like a raspy mess with Roush, x or h. Hope this helps.

Old 08-28-2014, 09:59 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks for the feed back. Ill keep them on my build list

Old 08-28-2014, 10:19 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastFord13 View Post
You have magna flow streets? Completely different than Roush. It's the other end of the sound spectrum. The Streets are very quiet compared to the Roush AB.

True it is different but I was referring to the GT H pipe. Performance is there with the GT H. I was able to feel b it right away. Mostly on the freeway. It deepened the tone and with the BBK short tube headers it was a burly sound. I disconnected my streets to hear it a little bit. It was way louder but still deep and no rasp. I'm considering traditional g the MagnaFlow Streets for some Pypes Bombs, but I'm not sure I want my car that loud all the time.
Old 08-28-2014, 10:27 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

So what would y'all do? Upgrade the h pipe or get shorty headers? What would work best with roush ab?

Bama Performance Tune
Old 08-28-2014, 10:53 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will2329 View Post
So what would y'all do? Upgrade the h pipe or get shorty headers? What would work best with roush ab?

Im thinking of doing both honestly, but leaning more towards the shortys

Old 08-28-2014, 10:55 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Im thinking of doing both honestly, but leaning more towards the shortys

I think am more towards the shortys as well... Here is a video with the h pipe http://youtu.be/73UH5UOXAa8 I personally think it sounds horrible

Bama Performance Tune
Old 08-28-2014, 11:00 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

God that made me want to stab my ears .

Old 08-28-2014, 11:25 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by willb2305 View Post
Space you got the shorty headers to bolt up to the MRT H pipe or they had to do some modifications to the h pipe to make it work? My ideal exhaust setup would be either shorty headers with mrt h pipe and borla ataks or ARH longtube headers MRT H pipe and Borla Ataks.

They had to modify them to fit. What they ended up doing was cutting off the stock flanges and welding them onto the MRT H-pipe, so it would fit with BBK Shorty headers no problem.

EDIT** Long tube headers won't work with the H-pipe, and definitely go with the Borla's... the Magnaflow competitions sound great, but too much drone inside the cabin - I ended up adding resonators. Quieted it down inside by 70%, and outside by 30%.

I will be selling my H-pipe and Magnaflow Competition axle-backs in a couple months, so if anyone's interested just message me. My H-pipe will bolt up to BBK shorty headers, no problem.
spacechalklate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 11:38 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I think am more towards the shortys as well... Here is a video with the h pipe http://youtu.be/73UH5UOXAa8 I personally think it sounds horrible

That's a off road h pipe and that's a car who belongs to a member here.. that's not the Gt h pipe

Sent from my HTC One using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Old 08-29-2014, 05:40 AM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I was going to originally go with long tubes, but from the vids I've seen with Roush AB, as soon as you replace the stock mid pipe the sound goes all to hell and just ends up being a loud mess. So for me, rather than going long tubes and changing my Roush to something quieter to clean up the sound I went with shorties. But its a personal preference.

Old 08-29-2014, 10:14 AM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

What about high-flow cats? That should increase sound a bit on any setup ya?
Old 08-30-2014, 08:49 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I couldnt distinguish it well enough with the wind and road noise:/

Here is a clearer video:
http://youtu.be/0XGNhY-9pvk

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Tags
exhaust