Anyone have this LED Halo Kit? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-28-2014, 12:17 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Cool Anyone have this LED Halo Kit?

I know raxiom has some headlights with small halos but the ones below look a lot better imo...anyone have these or anything similar installed?

Ford Mustang Oracle Halo Headlights Kit 2013
lisl12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-28-2014, 12:47 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
It's gonna be a betch to install!!! Youd have to take out your headlights and 'bake' em in the oven to prom em open. Unless you're cool with all this, I'd suggest not going this BBQ route and buy a new headlight assembly with halos in it.

|| ~BlackOnBlack~ ||
bazinga11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 02:07 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
I have them and absolutely love them. One of my favorite mods that I've done.

Here's a picture and you can see them in my sig as well.

Old 08-28-2014, 02:13 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
That looks good. I think I'd only bother with it if I decide to retrofit my stock headlights with HID equipment. Right now the Raxiom headlights are good for me.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Mustang Evolution mobile app
2011 V6 Race Red - Airaid CAI , BBK 73mm Throttle Body, 3.73 FRPP Gears, BBK Longtube Headers , BBK Off Road X-Pipe , Borla ATAKs , SR Performance Strut Tower Brace, MPT 91R Tune, Powerstop Rotors and pads, JLT Oil Seperator, Koni STR.T Struts & Shocks, Eibach Pro Line Springs, BMR Adjustable Panhard Bar, J&M Caster Camber Plates, Mickey Thompson Street Comps on 19" Laguna Seca Hyper Black Wheels, Several other aesthetic mods
JoeyM91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 02:22 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Conner323: I want to install them. Does Oracle provide the schematic on how to wire them to stay on all the time?

Also, do I need to buy the wireless controller? I basically want the halos on the headlights and fog delete (like Need For Speed) to stay on when the car is on.

Thoughts???

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
sguevara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 02:30 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by sguevara View Post
Conner323: I want to install them. Does Oracle provide the schematic on how to wire them to stay on all the time?

Also, do I need to buy the wireless controller? I basically want the halos on the headlights and fog delete (like Need For Speed) to stay on when the car is on.

Thoughts???

I'm honestly not sure. There probably is a way, but you'd have to contact Oracle to find out. The reason I say that is because mine can turn on even when the car is off. You may be able to run a wire to the battery(sort of like a relay harness) so that when the car turns on they come on as well.

I have a remote, but again, mine don't turn on automatically and they have many different settings, so I needed one. If you get a single color, you can probably get them on a switch or somehow turn them into DRLs by running a wire to a battery. I wish I could give you more advice and a better answer, but my knowledge is limited with this sort of stuff.
Old 08-28-2014, 02:41 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

That's cool. I do appreciate your reply. Your car looks bad a$$!!!

Old 08-28-2014, 02:43 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks man! And just so you know, I've heard that installing these are not only a pain, but you can also mess up your headlights. If you know of a shop/individual who does this sort of thing all the time, I'd spend a little extra money and let them do it.
Old 08-28-2014, 04:35 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connor323 View Post
Thanks man! And just so you know, I've heard that installing these are not only a pain, but you can also mess up your headlights. If you know of a shop/individual who does this sort of thing all the time, I'd spend a little extra money and let them do it.
+1. Basically what I was saying. They look ****in awesome when installed, but it's equally easy to mess up your headlights if you screw up just a little.

|| ~BlackOnBlack~ ||
Old 08-29-2014, 11:20 AM   #10
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisl12 View Post
I know raxiom has some headlights with small halos but the ones below look a lot better imo...anyone have these or anything similar installed?

Ford Mustang Oracle Halo Headlights Kit 2013
There is a few headlight options out there. Let us know if we can be of any assistance! I think you'll be really happy with the Raxiom Headlights. I have a smoked pair on my 2011 GT and absolutely love them.

Our Mustang Experts are here Monday-Friday from 9AM-9PM EST and Saturdays from 9AM-5:30PM EST. If you want to hit them up, their number is 866.727.1266. I can also have one of them call you directly.

-Dan
Bama Direct: 888.226.9764| Mon-Fri 9AM-5:30PM EST
FREE SAME-DAY SHIPPING IN THE US-48 AND PRICE MATCHING!
AMDanBailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 11:51 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Dan I thinking about getting a pair for my '13 V6. What controls them when the halo is on? Is it the parking lights? I already bought the halo fog lamps. Waiting for $$$ to buy the GT grille. Is that controlled by the parking lights?

Old 08-29-2014, 01:14 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Dan I thinking about getting a pair for my '13 V6. What controls them when the halo is on? Is it the parking lights? I already bought the halo fog lamps. Waiting for $$$ to buy the GT grille. Is that controlled by the parking lights?

You might find a used GT grille (with or without fogs) for cheap on svt forums/ebay/take off parts vendors (Google it) and then get raxiom halos.

|| ~BlackOnBlack~ ||
Old 09-02-2014, 09:50 AM   #13
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
You can wire them up a few different ways. Most commonly is the parking lights, yes.

Hope this helps! Let us know if you have any questions. I look forward to checking out your car!

-Dan
Bama Direct: 888.226.9764| Mon-Fri 9AM-5:30PM EST
FREE SAME-DAY SHIPPING IN THE US-48 AND PRICE MATCHING!
AMDanBailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 05:23 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Dan! Thank you very much for the reply. I also am saving up for the halo headlights. Do they also get wired into the parking lights?

Old 09-02-2014, 07:55 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Anyone have this LED Halo Kit?

I'm sure you already know, but it needs to be said that these lights are highly illegal. Especially the red or blue. Not saying don't get them, but it may be better to be able to control when they are on/off.

Edit: to be clear, I'm referring to the colored oracle lights NOT the ones from AM

Airraid CAI | BBK Ceramic Shorty Headers | BBK Catted X-Pipe | Ford Racing Sport Axlebacks | GT/CS Spoiler | Black GT500 Stripes
ToP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 08:06 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToP View Post
I'm sure you already know, but it needs to be said that these lights are highly illegal. Especially the red or blue. Not saying don't get them, but it may be better to be able to control when they are on/off.

Edit: to be clear, I'm referring to the colored oracle lights NOT the ones from AM

Again, only illegal if it's on while you are driving. Wired into the parking lights, and you don't accidentally have your switch set to parking lights, you will be fine.
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 08:17 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah mine change colors, and I only drive with them on white. But all other colors can get you in trouble.
Old 09-03-2014, 05:43 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangz View Post
Again, only illegal if it's on while you are driving. Wired into the parking lights, and you don't accidentally have your switch set to parking lights, you will be fine.

That makes sense. I thought OP was talking about having the colored ones on at all times without a switch, hence my post. No doubt about it, they look incredible.

Airraid CAI | BBK Ceramic Shorty Headers | BBK Catted X-Pipe | Ford Racing Sport Axlebacks | GT/CS Spoiler | Black GT500 Stripes
ToP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 07:34 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

I have color changing halos on my mustang, but they arent oracles. Mine are morimoto. I love them

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1432254851221.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	50.3 KB
ID:	183089  
theblackdahlia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 07:37 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Thoughts???

Its super easy to wire them so they turn on when you turn the key, thats how i have my morimotos set up

theblackdahlia is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang