Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Help race stars didn't fit!

5K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  WhoDat 
#1 ·
So I just bought some used race stars with nitto555rs for my 2011 v6 stang and could not get them to sit flush! I bought some mag lug nuts at Oreilys but they just did not wana get on. I know they should fit since the guy I bought them from had them on his 2011 gt Land vehicle Car Motor vehicle Tire Vehicle

You know... I just noticed they're not really "on" his car.... Please any help guys?

O O O O'Reilly Auto Parts

See less See more
#2 ·
Try going to the Race Star Internet site and look in the Fitment Section.

#3 · (Edited)
If they're the 15x10", I believe you have to relocate or delete your rear sway bar for those to fit properly. Are the mag lug nuts you bought a suitable sub for the Racestar direct drill lug nuts that AmericanMuscle shows that these require? Can you see where they are hitting anything when trying to install them?

Sent from the Death Star.

#5 ·
Probably what the original seller did or didnt figure out and why he was eager to sell them lol

Sent from my SM-G900V using Mustang Evolution mobile app

#4 ·
Small thing: There are two small pinch washers on the studs laying get flush against your rotors. Did you remove these? Some of the aftermarket wheels dont have the recess in the back to accommodate them.

#6 · (Edited)
Very good information

REMOVE THE PINCH WASHERS They are really not needed and were only put on the car for assembly line at the factory. Once you remove them, your wheel will fit perfect. That is if the lugs line up. As long as they are for a Mustang they should be fine.

Ronnie

#8 ·
REMOVE THE PINCH WASHERS They are really not needed and were only put on the car for assembly line at the factory. Once you remove them, your wheel will fit perfect. That is if the lugs line up. As long as they are for a Mustang they should be fine.

Ronnie
Lol, I glanced at this and I thought it said "stupid clip". Rip those stupid clips off! Haha

#9 ·
Thanks for all the help guys but I just tried taking the stud clips off and it seems they were already taken off. I checked under and sure enough it's the sway bar that's hitting the rim, AM requires the sway bar relocation kit when you buy these so I am gona go ahead and order that little piece of metal lol.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#13 ·
#10 ·
I'm happy you got that sorted out.

:thumb: Thanks for letting us all know what to look for if it ever happens to any of us.
Ronnie

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.