Help race stars didn't fit! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-31-2014, 12:10 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Help race stars didn't fit!

So I just bought some used race stars with nitto555rs for my 2011 v6 stang and could not get them to sit flush! I bought some mag lug nuts at Oreilys but they just did not wana get on. I know they should fit since the guy I bought them from had them on his 2011 gt Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1409461761.225838.jpg
Views:	607
Size:	169.7 KB
ID:	164832
You know... I just noticed they're not really "on" his car.... Please any help guys?

O O O O'Reilly Auto Parts
borteg227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-31-2014, 01:03 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Try going to the Race Star Internet site and look in the Fitment Section.
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
NewMtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 08:01 AM   #3
Abominable Mustang

Regular
Staff

Region: Alaska
If they're the 15x10", I believe you have to relocate or delete your rear sway bar for those to fit properly. Are the mag lug nuts you bought a suitable sub for the Racestar direct drill lug nuts that AmericanMuscle shows that these require? Can you see where they are hitting anything when trying to install them?

Sent from the Death Star.
LCA Relocation brackets, AE driveshaft, GT 80mm TB,
Black 18x9/10 2010 GT500 Wheels w/ Nitto NT555s,
Eibach Sportline Springs/shocks & Koni STR.T Struts
WhoDat is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-31-2014, 08:12 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
Small thing: There are two small pinch washers on the studs laying get flush against your rotors. Did you remove these? Some of the aftermarket wheels dont have the recess in the back to accommodate them.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Mustang Evolution mobile app
2011 V6 Race Red - Airaid CAI , BBK 73mm Throttle Body, 3.73 FRPP Gears, BBK Longtube Headers , BBK Off Road X-Pipe , Borla ATAKs , SR Performance Strut Tower Brace, MPT 91R Tune, Powerstop Rotors and pads, JLT Oil Seperator, Koni STR.T Struts & Shocks, Eibach Pro Line Springs, BMR Adjustable Panhard Bar, J&M Caster Camber Plates, Mickey Thompson Street Comps on 19" Laguna Seca Hyper Black Wheels, Several other aesthetic mods
JoeyM91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 08:13 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoDat View Post
If they're the 15x10", I believe you have to relocate or delete your rear sway bar for those to fit properly. Are the mag lug nuts you bought a suitable sub for the Racestar direct drill lug nuts that AmericanMuscle shows that these require? Can you see where they are hitting anything when trying to install them?

Sent from the Death Star.
Probably what the original seller did or didnt figure out and why he was eager to sell them lol

2011 V6 Race Red - Airaid CAI , BBK 73mm Throttle Body, 3.73 FRPP Gears, BBK Longtube Headers , BBK Off Road X-Pipe , Borla ATAKs , SR Performance Strut Tower Brace, MPT 91R Tune, Powerstop Rotors and pads, JLT Oil Seperator, Koni STR.T Struts & Shocks, Eibach Pro Line Springs, BMR Adjustable Panhard Bar, J&M Caster Camber Plates, Mickey Thompson Street Comps on 19" Laguna Seca Hyper Black Wheels, Several other aesthetic mods
Old 08-31-2014, 08:28 AM   #6
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: Florida
Very good information

REMOVE THE PINCH WASHERS They are really not needed and were only put on the car for assembly line at the factory. Once you remove them, your wheel will fit perfect. That is if the lugs line up. As long as they are for a Mustang they should be fine.

Ronnie
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 05:33 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Sweet thanks I'll give it a try

Old 08-31-2014, 05:35 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie948 View Post
REMOVE THE PINCH WASHERS They are really not needed and were only put on the car for assembly line at the factory. Once you remove them, your wheel will fit perfect. That is if the lugs line up. As long as they are for a Mustang they should be fine.

Ronnie
Lol, I glanced at this and I thought it said "stupid clip". Rip those stupid clips off! Haha

Old 09-08-2014, 11:20 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks for all the help guys but I just tried taking the stud clips off and it seems they were already taken off. I checked under and sure enough it's the sway bar that's hitting the rim, AM requires the sway bar relocation kit when you buy these so I am gona go ahead and order that little piece of metal lol.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 09-08-2014, 12:54 PM   #10
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: Florida
I'm happy you got that sorted out.

Thanks for letting us all know what to look for if it ever happens to any of us.
Ronnie
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 12:55 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

No prob

Old 09-08-2014, 02:35 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

I personally would just get the whiteline sway bar. I dont like the thought of "relocating" a load point like the sway bar with just a tab of metal.

Whiteline Heavy Duty Adjustable Mustang Rear Sway Bar BFR65Z (05-14 All) - Free Shipping
Voltwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 05:07 AM   #13
Abominable Mustang

Regular
Staff

Region: Alaska
Quote:
Originally Posted by borteg227 View Post
Thanks for all the help guys but I just tried taking the stud clips off and it seems they were already taken off. I checked under and sure enough it's the sway bar that's hitting the rim, AM requires the sway bar relocation kit when you buy these so I am gona go ahead and order that little piece of metal lol.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Called it haha. Glad you found the issue and will be able to use your new wheels.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voltwings View Post
I personally would just get the whiteline sway bar. I dont like the thought of "relocating" a load point like the sway bar with just a tab of metal.

Whiteline Heavy Duty Adjustable Mustang Rear Sway Bar BFR65Z (05-14 All) - Free Shipping
It took me a sec to realize that it's mounted backwards. Looks so weird to me but definitely takes care of the wheel fitment issue.
LCA Relocation brackets, AE driveshaft, GT 80mm TB,
Black 18x9/10 2010 GT500 Wheels w/ Nitto NT555s,
Eibach Sportline Springs/shocks & Koni STR.T Struts
WhoDat is online now   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang