Roush axle back exhaust - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-02-2014, 07:44 PM   #1

Region: Texas
Roush axle back exhaust

Looking to purchase a Roush Axle-Back exhaust system for my 2011 Mustang V6 6 spd manual. Does anyone have it and what should I expect from it? Will it sound like a rice burner or will it come close to a V8 that we all want?

Will eventually pair it with a Roush Cold Air intake system, 3.31 or 3.55 gears, & tune.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
tobi1202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-02-2014, 08:05 PM   #2
Registered Member

Regular

Region: California
This has been covered many,many times....Search for "Roush Axle back"

No it will not sound like a V8...
Socal Stangman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 08:08 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
There is a set for sale on FastFordMuscle forum in the classified.
popeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-02-2014, 08:42 PM   #4
Road Trip!

They will not sound like a V8. They sound ricey at high RPM's. I used mine for 3 months and removed them, Had them in storage for like 4 months until recently when I sold them.
RushGotti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 09:23 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

I disagree with the other replies, I have them on my 14 v6 and I think they sound badass. Many of my friends who aren't mustang guys thought it was a v8.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Bama Performance Tune
Raxiom LED licence plate bulbs
Black GT500 style spoiler
Will2329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 09:25 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

http://youtu.be/qSYTIQ-JGsg

---------- Post added at 09:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:24 PM ----------

http://youtu.be/UQAz8CZd2bo

---------- Post added at 09:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:24 PM ----------

http://youtu.be/OTKeYYKoymg

Bama Performance Tune
Old 09-02-2014, 09:39 PM   #7
VIG
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Delaware
Quote:
Originally Posted by RushGotti View Post

They will not sound like a V8. They sound ricey at high RPM's. I used mine for 3 months and removed them, Had them in storage for like 4 months until recently when I sold them.

If you were my neighbor. I would hate you.
Old 09-02-2014, 10:33 PM   #8
Registered Member

Regular

Don't get me wrong the videos you guys post sound good.....for a v6.

The videos you all posted and this one

Are not even close to sounding the same...
Old 09-02-2014, 11:14 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Opinions are interesting. Especially those that compare a V6 to a Ricey 4 Cylinder. Or stuck in old ways saying a 6 Cylinder won't sound like a V8. Well no true the old straight 6 won't. But does 2 cylinders in the same configuration V6 vs V8 really make that much difference? I think not. Difference yes but not the big difference we are lead to believe. I'm sorry but my 227 V6 stock sounds much better than my old stock 289. Yeah put a 3/4 race cam in the old 289 and you got something. But stock for stock the 3.7 isn't a Ricer. And it's a damn nice sound. These Roush videos sound great. The 5.0 one is too loud IMHO. Heard a 5.0 today with Headers and Flowmasters. Very throaty but sort of had that truck with a hole in the muffler sound. I prefer a sound with some back pressure.

Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution
Midnight2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 11:27 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
I really, really like the Roush's on the 5.0's. My opinion is strongly the opposite on the 3.7
Old 09-03-2014, 12:34 AM   #11
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VIG View Post
If you were my neighbor. I would hate you.
Now imagine my actual neighbors. I work night shift and always drive WOT... Wake up call at 10:30pm and 7:30am.
RushGotti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 01:46 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
While the V6 sounds good anyone who has any car knowledge will not mistake it for a V8. Both engines have a very distinctive sound. You have to remember it is not the exhaust that makes the noise it's the engine. So there is no way to make a V6 sound like a V8 just like you can't make a v8 sound like a V12. That's not to say it sounds bad or 'ricey' it just won't sound like a V8. If you watch the 2 videos above you can see there is a night and day difference in the sound.
StarzTA17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 07:52 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

If you add shorty headers, it'll sound deeper, but that's about it.

I absolutely love my Roush axel backs. Hated at first. Fell in love after I pressed on it.

fknjulian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 10:33 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by tobi1202 View Post
Looking to purchase a Roush Axle-Back exhaust system for my 2011 Mustang V6 6 spd manual. Does anyone have it and what should I expect from it? Will it sound like a rice burner or will it come close to a V8 that we all want?

Will eventually pair it with a Roush Cold Air intake system, 3.31 or 3.55 gears, & tune.

I have Roush catbacks on my 2012 v6 and for sure it makes a hell of a lot louder! It doesn't sound like the v8 but it sort of comes close. You definitely will notice a difference in sound between stock.
mckhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 02:17 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Roush Axle Backs

I have them for my v6 14 mustang, and i love them. Granted, everyone will have an opinion, but they sound really nice to me. My mustang is stock besides a cs pedestal spoiler and blacked out rims and tint, but they add a nice deep rumble at idle. They can get a little ricey at certain rpms, but when you go WOT it sounds so sweet. I have a camaro friend that works with me and is using that sound of mine to find an exhaust for his v6 camaro. Heard it sounds better with a CAI, but I cant confirm that.
bbowman88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 03:31 PM   #16
Registered Member

Regular

Im really starting to like the Roush AB. Ive been thinking about doing the rear valance and square tip set up. Maybe its time to move this to my short list.
Old 09-03-2014, 03:39 PM   #17

Thanks for the replies. What I'm looking for is something that will set mine apart from other stock mustang. I'm not an aggressive driver by any means. But I do want a deeper sound. I usually run about 3-4k rpms through 1st and 3rd gears, then about 2000-2500 rpms through 4th through 6th. Most of my driving is highway cruising. If I don't like them then I can change them out for some flowmasters or magnaflows.

tobi1202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 03:49 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Socal Stangman View Post
Im really starting to like the Roush AB. Ive been thinking about doing the rear valance and square tip set up. Maybe its time to move this to my short list.
The person next to me at the AM show had the Roush AB on his 3.7 . It sounded really good. That was the only exhaust mod he had done to it. It sounded really good, a lot better than I thought it would. It is my favorite exhaust for the 3.7 besides the Borla S-types and ATAKs. Sounded real mean, not pingy or raspy and that really surprised me. I almost bought it when the S-types were out of stock there. The square tips are an awesome choice. Word of advice, DON'T buy the rear valance and exhaust package. A lot cheaper to make separate orders and get the exhaust and then valance from AM with the 6% code.
Old 09-03-2014, 04:00 PM   #19
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue1993 View Post
The person next to me at the AM show had the Roush AB on his 3.7 . It sounded really good. That was the only exhaust mod he had done to it. It sounded really good, a lot better than I thought it would. It is my favorite exhaust for the 3.7 besides the Borla S-types and ATAKs. Sounded real mean, not pingy or raspy and that really surprised me. I almost bought it when the S-types were out of stock there. The square tips are an awesome choice. Word of advice, DON'T buy the rear valance and exhaust package. A lot cheaper to make separate orders and get the exhaust and then valance from AM with the 6% code.
Thanks for the advice.I dont think I can get the exhaust from AM though...the square tip is always out of stock. Even LMR sells it, but it ships from Roush. The GT is easy to get though. When I do it Ill get the valance from AM and the exhaust from Roush directly.
Old 09-03-2014, 04:04 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Socal Stangman View Post
Thanks for the advice.I dont think I can get the exhaust from AM though...the square tip is always out of stock. Even LMR sells it, but it ships from Roush. The GT is easy to get though. When I do it Ill get the valance from AM and the exhaust from Roush directly.
I will be getting the rear valance as well I'm pretty sure. It's a toss up between that or the CS/Boss one but that one you have to pay freight shipping for.... not something I'm particularly interested in doing.
Old 09-03-2014, 07:28 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Those exhausts don't sound bad but I just don't like their sound at WOT. Axle backs would be it for me. Cat backs and headers just amplify the sound IMO. I have a Roush V8 with the off roads and trust me, there is NO comparison..

OP, you have my vote to go for 'em. I have 'em on my list for next year for my wife's 14. She doesn't race so I don't have to worry about the WOT noize..

2008 Roush 427R
2014 V6 Prem
rmb427r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 07:36 AM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by fknjulian View Post
If you add shorty headers, it'll sound deeper, but that's about it.

I absolutely love my Roush axel backs. Hated at first. Fell in love after I pressed on it.

I was thinking about adding the shortty headers. I was just scared they would make it sound ricey.. Do u have a video?

Bama Performance Tune
Old 09-04-2014, 02:52 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Apparently everyone *****es about them, yet mine have no drone, and dont sound like crap honda fart cans.
Mine sounds absolutely amazing, whether im in low rpms or wot

2014 3.7 Airaid CAI, Roush Axle Back Exhaust
iaintacop is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Tags
exhaust