Amazing pics of my 2012 V6 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-04-2014, 06:55 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Amazing pics of my 2012 V6

As part of my wedding present to them, I let my girlfriend's sister and her groom use my car as their wedding-mobile. I used that as an excuse to buy a Stillen chin spoiler and Roush side splitters They got professional pictures taken, and... well I'll let the photos speak for themselves. I also want to be absolutely clear, again. These are not pictures of me and my wife, this is my girlfriend's sister and her husband.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	MELISSA PAUL-FULL SET WEDDING-0068.jpg
Views:	446
Size:	1.59 MB
ID:	165204   Click image for larger version

Name:	MELISSA PAUL-FULL SET WEDDING-0069.jpg
Views:	452
Size:	1.53 MB
ID:	165205  

Name:	MELISSA PAUL-FULL SET WEDDING-0070.jpg
Views:	447
Size:	1.52 MB
ID:	165206   Click image for larger version

Name:	MELISSA PAUL-FULL SET WEDDING-0071.jpg
Views:	460
Size:	1.48 MB
ID:	165207  

Name:	MELISSA PAUL-FULL SET WEDDING-0073.jpg
Views:	468
Size:	1.87 MB
ID:	165208  
Sakib is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-04-2014, 07:20 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Your car looks great. Love your splitter.
white14v6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 07:27 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
+1, looking good!

2013 3.7 Manual Candy apple red metallic,
GT 500 stripes, painted side mirror covers, GT 500 spoiler, 2010 GT premium wheels with Pirelli P-zero tires, upper and lower front billet grille, Barton shifter bracket, Airaid Cold air intake, S.R lowering springs, J&M adjustable panhard bar, Boss 302 strut tower brace, 3.73 ford racing gears, Bama tuned, BBK shorty headers, Roush Axel backs.
FastFord13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-04-2014, 07:29 PM   #4
VIG
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Delaware
I've been telling my girlfriend I refuse to do wedding pictures, but after seeing this I'll show her and tell her this is the only way I'll reconsider.
Old 09-04-2014, 08:41 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Great pics!!! We used my car for some of our wedding pics as well just for a few fun shots. Only had a few things done at the time, I would love to retake them with my car now. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
rringler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 04:46 AM   #6
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Region: Florida
20 or 30 years from now, you'll look back at these pictures and wonder where that Mustang is....

I looked at my mom and dads wedding pics (yes, they had camaras back then). My mom and dad have a picture of them next to dads 52 chevy. I wonder if that car is still around; restored and perhaps touring some show circuits.
Old 09-05-2014, 08:16 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks for the compliments everyone! This inspired me to do another professional photo shoot in a scene like this, but without my future in-laws in it. A great camera and a photographer who knows how to use it can work wonders! I have a couple photographer friends who might do it free/cheap for me.

Yes, Bucko, me being a very nostalgic person, I have no doubt I will look back at these photos with fondness for the car in a couple decades. Though my love for it now is so strong I imagine myself keeping it "til death do us part"!

This is the first time I put good pics of my car up on the site - you guys have any tips for next aesthetic mods? I'm a believer in "less is more" for Mustangs. So no louvers, fake scoops, decals, and I don't like smoked lights either. I'm thinking: GT500 spoiler, rocker tape stripe delete (tips on doing this?), faux gas cap delete and a simple matte black deck lid panel, HID conversion with chrome Raxiom halos, maybe a billet grille with an offset tri bar pony emblem, and a lower grille delete. Thoughts? Suggestions?

Sent from my HTCONE using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Old 09-05-2014, 08:28 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakib View Post
Thanks for the compliments everyone! This inspired me to do another professional photo shoot in a scene like this, but without my future in-laws in it. A great camera and a photographer who knows how to use it can work wonders! I have a couple photographer friends who might do it free/cheap for me.

Yes, Bucko, me being a very nostalgic person, I have no doubt I will look back at these photos with fondness for the car in a couple decades. Though my love for it now is so strong I imagine myself keeping it "til death do us part"!

This is the first time I put good pics of my car up on the site - you guys have any tips for next aesthetic mods? I'm a believer in "less is more" for Mustangs. So no louvers, fake scoops, decals, and I don't like smoked lights either. I'm thinking: GT500 spoiler, rocker tape stripe delete (tips on doing this?), faux gas cap delete and a simple matte black deck lid panel, HID conversion with chrome Raxiom halos, maybe a billet grille with an offset tri bar pony emblem, and a lower grille delete. Thoughts? Suggestions?

Sent from my HTCONE using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Just a quick note on the Raxioms. While there's a projector in them, and HID do work, it's not an HID projector. The housings may even melt or warp if you go with a 55w kit. So go with a 35 instead.

If you want to do a true conversion, it's a bit more in depth. This all comes from experience with my smoked Raxioms.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Mustang Evolution mobile app
2011 V6 Race Red - Airaid CAI , BBK 73mm Throttle Body, 3.73 FRPP Gears, BBK Longtube Headers , BBK Off Road X-Pipe , Borla ATAKs , SR Performance Strut Tower Brace, MPT 91R Tune, Powerstop Rotors and pads, JLT Oil Seperator, Koni STR.T Struts & Shocks, Eibach Pro Line Springs, BMR Adjustable Panhard Bar, J&M Caster Camber Plates, Mickey Thompson Street Comps on 19" Laguna Seca Hyper Black Wheels, Several other aesthetic mods
JoeyM91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 08:42 AM   #9
Registered Member

Regular

Region: California
Car looks great. Some one is handy with a camera. Who doesn't love a bow tie??
Socal Stangman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 08:54 AM   #10
Site Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
This is great! I love seeing wedding photos with cars! They're a family member after all!

Alex
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A SUPERCHARGED MUSTANG & 2017 RAPTOR!
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMAlexLazarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 09:20 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

What part of Texas are you moving to again? Anywhere near Houston, check out 9inewerks photography by my budy Alex. He did a group shot of my 5.0 and my Gfs old (auto, new one is a stick) v6 and they came out pretty damn cool.

Car looks good, i love the impact the Roush spoiler gives the cars, Its just enough without being too much like the RTR one.
Voltwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 10:57 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyM91 View Post
Just a quick note on the Raxioms. While there's a projector in them, and HID do work, it's not an HID projector. The housings may even melt or warp if you go with a 55w kit. So go with a 35 instead.

If you want to do a true conversion, it's a bit more in depth. This all comes from experience with my smoked Raxioms.
Thanks for the tip! Actually, I had started a thread on this topic about a month ago when I was researching it and I got it all figured out. StangMods sells an HID kit compatible with the Raxioms, and I'm going to go with 35w.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voltwings View Post
What part of Texas are you moving to again? Anywhere near Houston, check out 9inewerks photography by my budy Alex. He did a group shot of my 5.0 and my Gfs old (auto, new one is a stick) v6 and they came out pretty damn cool.
I'm moving to College Station (got a job at Texas A&M), but my girlfriend lives in Houston, so I plan on going to Houston a lot. Texas World Speedway is just a few miles from my new house - woot woot! Thanks for the tip about your friend. I'll get in touch with you about it after I move.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voltwings View Post
Car looks good, i love the impact the Roush spoiler gives the cars, Its just enough without being too much like the RTR one.
Thanks! But are you talking about the Stillen chin spoiler or the Roush side splitters? I don't have a Roush spoiler, they aren't compatible with the 2012s. Wish they were, because they're better than the Stillen! I love the Roush side splitters, they are a subtle mod yet have a huge impact on the overall look. Like I said, less is more with these ponies.
Old 09-05-2014, 11:35 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Get a shorty antenna! Other than that it looks great as it is!
R.R.STANG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 12:16 PM   #14
ttt
Registered Member
Regular

Congrats to your future in laws! And thank you for sharing the precious moments

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
ttt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 12:23 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttt View Post
Congrats to your future in laws! And thank you for sharing the precious moments
Thanks, lol funny thing about that... On my previous post where I called them my "future in laws" I had originally typed "hopefully future in laws" on my phone. It's hard typing such a long post on a smart phone, I messed up somewhere, and I ended up losing the word "hopefully". Haha...... either that's fate talking to me, or I'm jinxing myself.
Old 09-05-2014, 01:00 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
I would love to know how to do the rocker stripe delete as well. I really want them off my car.

I will be doing an entire front-end conversion for the spring to a GT bumper so I can use the much cooler GT valances, chin splitters, and grilles. It will be more expensive, but it will be so worth it. You should look into this route. With a white car (MUCH more common than GB . ) You should have no trouble finding a take-off GT bumper for cheap!!
The GT500 spoiler is a really good choice. I was torn between that or the GT/CS for awhile. It will look really good in white. Get those side rockers painted white and drop the car a little and it will be absolutely perfect man!!!
Old 09-05-2014, 01:10 PM   #17
VIG
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Delaware
That bow tie is so on point. I can't even. I'm really liking that chin splitter, too.
VIG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 01:14 PM   #18
Staff

Regular
Staff

Region: Connecticut
holy mega-pixels!

Insert joke about burning rubber here " ____________"

side stripe delete. Easier on hot day. Carefully pick at the edge of the stripe with your thumb nail till it pulls away and pull the stripe off at a 90 deg angle straight down the length. Easy Peasy on mine I waited 4 months to be sure before removing, no residue it took maybe 10 minutes. Opinion only but to me it looks way better w/o them.
Old 09-05-2014, 01:21 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange Mud View Post
holy mega-pixels!

side stripe delete. Easier on hot day. Carefully pick at the edge of the stripe with your thumb nail till it pulls away and pull the stripe off at a 90 deg angle straight down the length. Easy Peasy on mine I waited 4 months to be sure before removing, no residue it took maybe 10 minutes. Opinion only but to me it looks way better w/o them.
It has been 2 and a half years for me. It is a hot day. You think I can just peel them off without the paint cracking?
Old 09-05-2014, 01:23 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue1993 View Post
It has been 2 and a half years for me. It is a hot day. You think I can just peel them off without the paint cracking?
If your paint cracks after 2 years from some vinyl, then you have bigger issues. Haha. But no, it'll be just fine. There shouldn't really even be any fade since that's not an area that gets a lot of direct light.

2011 V6 Race Red - Airaid CAI , BBK 73mm Throttle Body, 3.73 FRPP Gears, BBK Longtube Headers , BBK Off Road X-Pipe , Borla ATAKs , SR Performance Strut Tower Brace, MPT 91R Tune, Powerstop Rotors and pads, JLT Oil Seperator, Koni STR.T Struts & Shocks, Eibach Pro Line Springs, BMR Adjustable Panhard Bar, J&M Caster Camber Plates, Mickey Thompson Street Comps on 19" Laguna Seca Hyper Black Wheels, Several other aesthetic mods
Old 09-05-2014, 01:26 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I would love to know how to do the rocker stripe delete as well. I really want them off my car.

I will be doing an entire front-end conversion for the spring to a GT bumper so I can use the much cooler GT valances, chin splitters, and grilles. It will be more expensive, but it will be so worth it. You should look into this route. With a white car (MUCH more common than GB . ) You should have no trouble finding a take-off GT bumper for cheap!!
The GT500 spoiler is a really good choice. I was torn between that or the GT/CS for awhile. It will look really good in white. Get those side rockers painted white and drop the car a little and it will be absolutely perfect man!!!
Good tips, Grabber! I absolutely want to go the GT bumper route. Actually, I think you forgot this, but I advised you the same thing on a different thread a couple months ago. The Stillen is okay for now, but the GT front end has much better options. I think I want to keep the rocker splitter black, for contrast. However, I do agree the look will greatly benefit from a slight drop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VIG View Post
That bow tie is so on point. I can't even. I'm really liking that chin splitter, too.
Haha, yes he (Paul) looks good! He and the groomsmen had a really good combo with the plaid shirts and the bow ties. They had the reception in a barn, and it just fit that theme real well. I'm gonna share this link with them so they can see all the nice things you guys are saying about them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange Mud View Post
holy mega-pixels!

Oh man..... I don't know how there were NOT jokes about that on the day of the wedding! Thanks for the tip about the stripe. I really want to do this but I'm worried about discoloration under the stripe (the car is over 3 years old) and chipping anything as I take it off. Maybe follow your tips (plus in Texas I won't have any shortage of hot days!) and also use an acetone or "glue-gone" type cleaner?
Old 09-05-2014, 01:28 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Do not use acetone lol. You can use Goo Gone or Turtle wax sticker remover, but it's vinyl, not a normal sticker. It will peel away. The trick is getting it started.

Old 09-05-2014, 01:29 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

A member on here ( Rushgotti ) had said his paint cracked when he peeled the rocker stripe off. Guess I will just peel it off and if it cracks they will have to paint it under warranty!
Old 09-05-2014, 01:32 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

You remember things posted on here much better than I do! I do vaguely remember the front end conversion discussion with you from a thread with someone doing it with a GT/CS lower valance and a Saleen grille. That is probably the set up I will be going with.... Decisions, decisions!!!
Old 09-05-2014, 01:32 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

I have to question the circumstances there. Vinyl doesn't have a strong adhesive. (Strong ENOUGH, yes), but my guess was the paint was thin or awkward in that area.

Could have been paint bubbles that were under the vinyl and burst.

Old 09-05-2014, 01:33 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyM91 View Post
Do not use acetone lol. You can use Goo Gone or Turtle wax sticker remover, but it's vinyl, not a normal sticker. It will peel away. The trick is getting it started.

Oh yeah, Goo Gone it's called. I have some in the garage. Alright, I'll give it a shot on a really hot day and hope for the best...
Old 09-05-2014, 01:36 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

90 degrees today is as hot as it's gonna be here until next June lol. I'm gonna go try and peel it now!
Have a Bama Performance rear windshield banner coming in an hour or too that I wanna get on as well. Not one to put that in my front windshield, but the number of times I get asked "hey you're that bama beta tune testing mustang right" a week locally and at meets or just driving around, figured I'd put it on and see how it looks!
Old 09-05-2014, 01:49 PM   #28
Titus Wadicus
Regular

Region: Ohio
Send a message via Yahoo to svtlx
very nice pics...

bbk ssi, 70ml t.b., bbk adj.reg., bd11-a 11psi, e-cam,
racing aod, 2700 stall, 3.42 gears, ported e7, 308ci, 1.7rr, comp .560valve springs, gear drive, high dwell module, msd 6a & coil, bbk off road xpipe, mac cat back, 30lbs inj, pro-m 90mm, welded subframe connectors, boxed upper & lower trailing arms, spherical axle bushings, 255/50/16 tires, 255lph pump, 456hp
svtlx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 01:59 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

One side done !! Took maybe 3 minutes. Looks so much better

Sent from my 831C using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1409943565928.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	98.3 KB
ID:	165261  
Old 09-05-2014, 02:10 PM   #30
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
One side done !! Took maybe 3 minutes. Looks so much better

Sent from my 831C using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Did you just completely hi-jack this mans thread??
Old 09-05-2014, 02:14 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socal Stangman View Post
Did you just completely hi-jack this mans thread??
I didn't mean too! He said he was gonna give it a shot so I just wanted to show him what it looked like after and that it was easy to get right off in 85-90 degree weather!
Old 09-05-2014, 02:16 PM   #32
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
I didn't mean too! He said he was gonna give it a shot so I just wanted to show him what it looked like after and that it was easy to get right off in 85-90 degree weather!

Lol...its ok. Just giving you a hard time.
Old 09-05-2014, 02:23 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

Hahahaha...... I was kinda thinking that but it's okay, I appreciate the picture! Especially because I will certainly be doing this. My girlfriend is viewing this thread and she's happy, because she's been telling me to take that stripe off since Day 1. In fact, Day 0, because she didn't even want it when I was ordering the 'stang.
Old 09-05-2014, 02:30 PM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

I didn't even realize I was, again I apologize.
One day Socal will start laying the staff smack down on here.

What wheels are those Sakib? AMR's or premium or performance pack or something different? I am hoping to get new wheels soon. Mine just don't do it for me anymore... I want real black, not plastidip.
After looking at those pic's again the photographer did a really good job!! That's also the first picture I have ever seen of your car. I have never seen Socals either. That must change soon! Post more pics guys!
Old 09-05-2014, 02:36 PM   #35
Registered Member

Regular

That's right you guys better watch out I rule with a heavy hand....

Carry on folks!!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Tags
2012 v6