Build. Should I upgrade injectors? - Page 3 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-07-2014, 03:49 PM   #71
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
I was referring to the ratio value being bigger wasn't talking about the actual size

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
14mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-07-2014, 03:50 PM   #72
Registered Member
Regular

I just worded it poorly

Old 09-08-2014, 02:41 PM   #73
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14mustang View Post
I know numbers aren't everything but 275 is alot less than 300ish. Especially when talking about tq. I want tq more than hp because that's what's needed on the low side of the power band. Which I stated earlier. So I do read the posts. I started the thread and have been following all of it. Also, the hp and tq difference between an auto and manual could easily be the difference in the dyno numbers. Yes the curve of the power band needs to be smooth and not edgy with a high soule at the end. Most tuners that are worth a crap (u get what you pay for) know this and do there jobs well. A car making 297 rwhp set the naturally aspirated v6 record at the track running a 12.7. So having that power is perfect for tracking and would be better than 275 rwhp every day. The while point of getting about 300 rwhp and close to 300 rwtq is because it makes these cars nasty and very quick. I am not seeking advice on a self tune I am trying to do
I am not a tuner. Just mechanical.

You obviously need a little more real life experience instead of basing everything from what you have read.

And numbers don't mean crap on the rollers but matter on the 1320.

1989 Sonic Blue LX Coupe, 349 ci, TW heads, TFS Track Heat Intake, 75mm Accufab TB, 80mm ProM, 30 lb. inj, TKO, 3.73, 31 spline w/ TruTrac, MAC 1-5/8" LT headers w/ H pipe, Flowmaster, electric fan Moates QH
391 rwhp & 424 rwtq...Mustang Dyno 11.5@122mph
smurf stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-08-2014, 02:45 PM   #74
Registered Member
Regular

I am basing what I know on life experience, what I have read, and what I have seen. 17 cars deep and all have been built stage 3 or higher. Numbers don't always mean anything but these cars can put alot 300 to the wheels and be in the mid to high 12's. 275 is low and not going to put that number down. That's the point I was making. Nice try bashing though. You were the same one who doubted the 5.0 throttle body idea. Which, fyi, worked amazing and has huge benefits.

Old 09-08-2014, 02:59 PM   #75
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Quote:
I am basing what I know on life experience, what I have read, and what I have seen. 17 cars deep and all have been built stage 3 or higher. Numbers don't always mean anything but these cars can put alot 300 to the wheels and be in the mid to high 12's. 275 is low and not going to put that number down. That's the point I was making. Nice try bashing though. You were the same one who doubted the 5.0 throttle body idea. Which, fyi, worked amazing and has huge benefits.

What is the difference on the dyno from the stock 3.7 TB to the GT? What is the track difference? Dyno it at the same time same place without it and then put it on and dyno it do 2 or 3 pulls each. Do 2 or 3 runs at the track same day with the 3.7 TB on and then 2 or 3 runs with the GT one on on the same day. Post the dyno curves and the slips from every pull and run and then we will see what those "huge benefits" are . I'm sorry but "butt dyno" doesn't mean anything or you thinking you feel something

Sent from my 831C using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Old 09-08-2014, 03:07 PM   #76
Registered Member
Regular

No it doesnt. But you doubted the whole process and the ability for it to work. It never needed a lt adapter plate. Just a fill and re drill on the 80mm throttle body. And the stock manifold was absolutley 80mm, you said you knew for a fact it was 75mm. I will supply graphs when I finish the latest additions the end of the month. The point is, you have yet to prove anything I have said wrong in previous discussion and bash on ideas and conceptual questions. The runs with the stock tb will never happen. I love the way the car runs now. And it's delivery is incredibly smoother. The intake to the intake manifold matches in size now. No choke point. I wish I didn't work for a living and could play at a dyno/track facility to prove you wrong but being active duty requires much of my time. Maybe you shouldn't jump into the middle of a thread just to put a theory or idea down....or better yet try to say someone doesn't know anything, when you couldn't possibly be accurate about that.

Old 09-08-2014, 03:18 PM   #77
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
No it doesnt. But you doubted the whole process and the ability for it to work. It never needed a lt adapter plate. Just a fill and re drill on the 80mm throttle body. And the stock manifold was absolutley 80mm, you said you knew for a fact it was 75mm. I will supply graphs when I finish the latest additions the end of the month. The point is, you have yet to prove anything I have said wrong in previous discussion and bash on ideas and conceptual questions. The runs with the stock tb will never happen. I love the way the car runs now. And it's delivery is incredibly smoother. The intake to the intake manifold matches in size now. No choke point. I wish I didn't work for a living and could play at a dyno/track facility to prove you wrong but being active duty requires much of my time. Maybe you shouldn't jump into the middle of a thread just to put a theory or idea down....or better yet try to say someone doesn't know anything, when you couldn't possibly be accurate about that.

I have never said any of those things to you or said anything about a 75mm......
If you won't put the stock one back on to see if there's an actual difference than no one will take you seriously. No proof = no one believing you .
Maybe you thought you were talking to smurf? Please read and see who is posting

Old 09-08-2014, 03:18 PM   #78
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
With a stall comverter, a bigger gear ratio in the rear. Far from what I am talking about regards to this thread. The manuals have much better times that the autos. The auto in the mustang is a slush box. Get it tuned and it's a little better. All those times that were under 12.7 had no pictures of the slips either. Just word of mouth that it happened. Not saying it's bs but there is no solid proof Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Lmao. U got a lot to learn bud! The autos in the 11+ are no slush boxes..they actually put out better track #s. & I have a manual so I'm not bias! Don't get me wrong the m6 can put it down at the track but it takes a great driver!
Old 09-08-2014, 03:38 PM   #79
Registered Member
Regular

No n/a has hit 11 ' s yet

---------- Post added at 02:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:37 PM ----------

And surfstang....you said a lot on the 5.0 tb post. You should go read over it if you don't remember

Old 09-08-2014, 03:40 PM   #80
Registered Member
Regular

Theu borh ger in the 12's So if they are equal to manuals transmission....Awesome, but they need some parts and work to get there. That's what I was saying about it being a slush box.

Old 09-08-2014, 03:41 PM   #81
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah I thought you were smurf. Mybad. I agree no pic or chart then mo proof. That's why I am not going to post any numbers yet.

Old 09-08-2014, 03:44 PM   #82
Registered Member
Regular

The 6 er with the auto sucks. It is much better with the 5.0. I have driven both and the 5.0 wasn't bad with the auto. Seems to hesitate and move like sludge with the 6 er

Old 09-08-2014, 04:10 PM   #83
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah the auto's are so bad that is why the fastest NA is auto. Keep reading son.

Also show me your manifold opening mic'ed out at 80mm like you said in a picture and prove me wrong.

Also show me some proof that you gained all this hp with that mod. I will be waiting bub.

Try taking a ride in an auto that has a tune.

Like I said keep trying and keep basing everything on what you have read.

And what the hell are you saying that all your cars have been "stage 3".......bro stop eating so much rice it is affecting your brain.

1989 Sonic Blue LX Coupe, 349 ci, TW heads, TFS Track Heat Intake, 75mm Accufab TB, 80mm ProM, 30 lb. inj, TKO, 3.73, 31 spline w/ TruTrac, MAC 1-5/8" LT headers w/ H pipe, Flowmaster, electric fan Moates QH
Old 09-08-2014, 04:18 PM   #84
Registered Member
Regular

Hahaha I am not your 'bro' Go back to the hood. I'm not your son either. Just because a car is a stage 3 or 4 as in turbo and such does not mean it is asian. Nice racist comment though. Let's think of some turbo cars thay are nasty fast....2009 saab 9-3 turbo x, 2006 volvo s60r, 2009 bmw 135is M, 2001 audi rs4, 2004 Porsche 911 turbo, just to name a few I have owned. But I must know nothing about cars, especially with an engineering degree and having been a mechanic before the military. The thread with the tb topic has pictures in it.

Old 09-08-2014, 04:23 PM   #85
Registered Member
Regular

The auto with a tune is amazing. How do I know? I have one . The stock shift points with 2.73s and the adaptive shifting are what makes it seem sluggish not the actual transmission. Load a tune up and complete beast, much bigger change than the manual. I would blow away a manual with the same mods as me unless he is a really good driver and hits every shift perfect . And that's maybe a handful of people on this forum who can actually shift that well

Old 09-08-2014, 04:34 PM   #86
Registered Member
Regular

Grabber. I said earlier thay the auto can be fast, but it takes more to get it there. The gearing l, stall converter, and tuned shift points. I don't doubt it is awesome but not stock from the factory on stock gears. There are some pretty good drivers on forums. Most likely the quiet ones who don't say much are the good ones and think we are all stupid haha.

Old 09-08-2014, 04:43 PM   #87
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Washington
How does one enter this passing contest? I can hit a urinal from 5 feet away so I think I am good to go for this one. Where do I sign up?

05 Gt Premium Performance White, flowmaster outlaws, Jlt Series 3, Bama 91r tune
natestang07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 04:53 PM   #88
Registered Member
Regular

I did attend and graduated from Embry-Riddle Your tax dollars paid for my degree there.

Old 09-08-2014, 04:54 PM   #89
Registered Member
Regular

Well UTI is a school for mechanics.....duh.

Thirdly just a simple example where a stage increase is not the same across the board even for the same model. MK5's need a hpfp but the MK6's does not as it is sufficient to support even an upgraded turbo like KO4.

Old 09-08-2014, 04:55 PM   #90
Registered Member
Regular

Glad you can state info on the most commonly used turbo the k04

Old 09-08-2014, 04:55 PM   #91
Registered Member
Regular

Embry riddle had an 80% acceptance rate in 2010. That's higher than my local community college. Our tax dollars? Really? What's your unit and where are you stationed? Comments like that really put service members in a bad light. Cut that crap out you don't know who else has served or is serving that is reading this. Have some respect man

Old 09-08-2014, 05:08 PM   #92
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
I'm glad you're pushing the envelope 14mustang!

And when it blows up we will all learn on your dime.

C'mon smurf, help the community out and fail for once...
Old 09-08-2014, 05:12 PM   #93
Registered Member
Regular

Embry-Riddle has a far smaller graduation rate than 80%. Acceptance rate doesn't mean crap. They have an incredible aerospace engineering degree.

Old 09-08-2014, 05:13 PM   #94
Registered Member
Regular

What does failure have anything to do with this? I am just asking for constructive advice not doubtful remarks that help nothing.

Old 09-08-2014, 05:15 PM   #95
Registered Member
Regular

And no my car will not blow up. I am seeking quality advice to get beneficial mods completed. That's the whole point of a tech forum right? If I wanted to blow my car up I would try to tune the ecu and that is not in my list of skills.

Old 09-08-2014, 05:15 PM   #96
Registered Member

Regular

You didn't listen to the advice though... you really probably don't need to upgrade injectors until forced induction

05 Gt Premium Performance White, flowmaster outlaws, Jlt Series 3, Bama 91r tune
Old 09-08-2014, 05:17 PM   #97
Registered Member
Regular

I did listen. That's why I asked and then didn't order them

Old 09-08-2014, 05:18 PM   #98
Registered Member

Regular

Did you tune for the throttle body?

Old 09-08-2014, 05:22 PM   #99
Registered Member
Regular

I used a canned tune based on 93 octane, an intake and 73mm tb. I won't be up at the dyno until the end of the month or so. By then I should have everything together and hopefully see good things. There will be a track day mid October and that's what I am trying to finish up for.

Old 09-08-2014, 05:23 PM   #100
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
I used a canned tune based on 93 octane, an intake and 73mm tb. I won't be up at the dyno until the end of the month or so. By then I should have everything together and hopefully see good things. There will be a track day mid October and that's what I am trying to finish up for.

Weren't allowed to tune for 80mm?

Old 09-08-2014, 05:25 PM   #101
Registered Member
Regular

It would have to be a custom tune and I have been to the dyno yet. The tuner I am going to use is over an hour away and I work almost everyday and have a 2 year old so I haven't had time to get up there.

---------- Post added at 04:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:25 PM ----------

*havent

Old 09-08-2014, 05:28 PM   #102
Registered Member
Regular

There are a few others in the mustang world who have done this to there cars. I have been in touch briefly but we haven't exchanged any dyno results yet.

Old 09-08-2014, 05:41 PM   #103
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Embry-Riddle is a pretty solid engineering school. They do have an excellent aerospace program. I met a couple researchers/professors from there at a conference in Indy a few months ago.

Anyway, that's my only contribution to this c---fight. Carry on... until the thread gets closed, which it will soon, I'm sure.
Sakib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 05:44 PM   #104
Registered Member
Regular

Just delete page 8-12

Old 09-08-2014, 05:46 PM   #105
Registered Member
Regular

I just dislike when people bash schools and different degrees. when they probably have no degree. Engineering is not a simple major.

---------- Post added at 04:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:45 PM ----------

I hope they delete pages 8-12

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang