Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Build. Should I upgrade injectors?

7K views 139 replies 23 participants last post by  JoeyM91 
#1 ·
So I have a 2014 pp mustang mt. I have steeda intake, 93 tune, 80mm gt 5.0 throttle body, bbk shorties, and stock exhaust. I am planning on a catless x pipe and upgraded injectors. Is this doable in a n/a 3.7 and what are the gains. I would go with 60lbs I have read that stock they are 29lb. Anyone done this without being sc or turbo

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app

#79 ·
No n/a has hit 11 ' s yet

---------- Post added at 02:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:37 PM ----------

And surfstang....you said a lot on the 5.0 tb post. You should go read over it if you don't remember

#80 ·
Theu borh ger in the 12's So if they are equal to manuals transmission....Awesome, but they need some parts and work to get there. That's what I was saying about it being a slush box.

#83 ·
Yeah the auto's are so bad that is why the fastest NA is auto. Keep reading son.

Also show me your manifold opening mic'ed out at 80mm like you said in a picture and prove me wrong.

Also show me some proof that you gained all this hp with that mod. I will be waiting bub.

Try taking a ride in an auto that has a tune.

Like I said keep trying and keep basing everything on what you have read.

And what the hell are you saying that all your cars have been "stage 3".......bro stop eating so much rice it is affecting your brain.

#85 ·
The auto with a tune is amazing. How do I know? I have one . The stock shift points with 2.73s and the adaptive shifting are what makes it seem sluggish not the actual transmission. Load a tune up and complete beast, much bigger change than the manual. I would blow away a manual with the same mods as me unless he is a really good driver and hits every shift perfect . And that's maybe a handful of people on this forum who can actually shift that well

Sent from my 831C using Mustang Evolution mobile app

#86 ·
Grabber. I said earlier thay the auto can be fast, but it takes more to get it there. The gearing l, stall converter, and tuned shift points. I don't doubt it is awesome but not stock from the factory on stock gears. There are some pretty good drivers on forums. Most likely the quiet ones who don't say much are the good ones and think we are all stupid haha.

#89 · (Edited by Moderator)
Well UTI is a school for mechanics.....duh.

Thirdly just a simple example where a stage increase is not the same across the board even for the same model. MK5's need a hpfp but the MK6's does not as it is sufficient to support even an upgraded turbo like KO4.

#91 ·
Embry riddle had an 80% acceptance rate in 2010. That's higher than my local community college. Our tax dollars? Really? What's your unit and where are you stationed? Comments like that really put service members in a bad light. Cut that crap out you don't know who else has served or is serving that is reading this. Have some respect man

Sent from my 831C using Mustang Evolution mobile app

#95 ·
And no my car will not blow up. I am seeking quality advice to get beneficial mods completed. That's the whole point of a tech forum right? If I wanted to blow my car up I would try to tune the ecu and that is not in my list of skills.

#99 ·
I used a canned tune based on 93 octane, an intake and 73mm tb. I won't be up at the dyno until the end of the month or so. By then I should have everything together and hopefully see good things. There will be a track day mid October and that's what I am trying to finish up for.

#101 ·
It would have to be a custom tune and I have been to the dyno yet. The tuner I am going to use is over an hour away and I work almost everyday and have a 2 year old so I haven't had time to get up there.

---------- Post added at 04:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:25 PM ----------

*havent

#103 ·
Embry-Riddle is a pretty solid engineering school. They do have an excellent aerospace program. I met a couple researchers/professors from there at a conference in Indy a few months ago.

Anyway, that's my only contribution to this c---fight. Carry on... until the thread gets closed, which it will soon, I'm sure.

#105 ·
I just dislike when people bash schools and different degrees. when they probably have no degree. Engineering is not a simple major.

---------- Post added at 04:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:45 PM ----------

I hope they delete pages 8-12

#106 ·
I just dislike when people bash schools and different degrees. when they probably have no degree. Engineering is not a simple major.

---------- Post added at 04:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:45 PM ----------

I hope they delete pages 8-12

Yep, engineering is hard no matter where you go. You are a mechanic, engineer, and also serve (for 9 years!). Though I don't agree with some of the points you made, kudos - you deserve it. I'm looking at a business card I got from one of the people at Embry. Dr. Stephanie Cutler. Know her? I didn't get the card of another one of the professors, and I forgot his name. I was thinking of applying for a job there, but my gf lives in Houston, so that led me to applying to a lot of Texas schools instead.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.