Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Build. Should I upgrade injectors?

7K views 139 replies 23 participants last post by  JoeyM91 
#1 ·
So I have a 2014 pp mustang mt. I have steeda intake, 93 tune, 80mm gt 5.0 throttle body, bbk shorties, and stock exhaust. I am planning on a catless x pipe and upgraded injectors. Is this doable in a n/a 3.7 and what are the gains. I would go with 60lbs I have read that stock they are 29lb. Anyone done this without being sc or turbo

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app

#107 ·
Not discrediting your service at all . I served before switching to the police route and I have many friends and brothers who do have nothing but respect for them . When someone makes a comment such as "went to school on your tax money" that is not ok. You just don't say stuff like that man. That's what a boot says on instagram in a jacked up pic with his PC on sideways Saying MOS - seal or something retarded . Like I said not meaning any offense but how I read and took that was really not well.
Education doesn't matter. What you do with it matters.

Sent from my 831C using Mustang Evolution mobile app

#108 ·
Texas A&M or UT are good schools. I have a few ex service member friends who attend at those schools. I did say alot that may have been a little reckless but hey I have a short temper. I don't know that name but have also been out of school for 5 years. I graduated awhile ago. I was a mechanic before the military. I worked at a European auto repair shop in oregon. Now I work in computer science and engineering for the military. Being a mechanic now is just a hobby when I get time. I plan on 11 more years of service then maybe retirement shortly after 20 yrs.

#111 ·
Yah I actually got hired by A&M. Biomedical engineering. Moving on Friday, starting on October 1st.

FYI grabber blue 1993 is a huge contributor to this site and very well respected. His threads on comparing tunes have been greatly beneficial to a lot of people. And smurf stang does know a s--- ton about turbos. He provided many insights on the LPF build (though a little harshly worded at times) and is an active member of other mustang forums too.

Sent from my HTCONE using Mustang Evolution mobile app

#109 ·
The coolest professor I had at Embry-Riddle was an ex navy pilot and was an amazing calculus teacher. I think he only taught part time or for only a few years though. He was very traditional and we did everything without ti-89 calculators like most calculus classes are taught

#113 ·
I didn't really do much to be appreciated lol, just a lot of training .... went the SMP cadet route through army ROTC after basic/AIT, went to air assault school, few cool trips here and there, a lot of miserable training trips, 2 week EOD course in New Mexico which was fun, and a lot of other stuff like that. Obama decided to f--k a bunch of us and took away our college $...... while waiting for my papers to get it back to go through I got my police test score and decided to go the police academy route instead.... just can't afford $50k a year to go serve.... and I shouldn't have to pay 50k a year to serve in the army, as I'm sure you agree. I will be going through BOLC after I can get permission from the PD, then NG officer. Thanks Obama

#114 ·
I have read grabbers threads. I have been using steeda and looked into Lund alot because the comparisons in the the thread. Smurf has just never been helpful and always seems to take smack but not supplying any helpful reasons why the idea is bad or won't work. I followed the lpf turbo build. I would love a turbo in this car. It really gets the tq that it is lacking at this point. I would build the block and heads first though so as not to have to replace the motor after it was boosted.

#116 ·
We all agree with that. I see alot of guys getting screwed. It is horrible veterans are getting it badly. The government wants to cut our funding but it would be a bad deal for everyone if they did. Education benefits need to be kept for all service memebers. I want to stay for at least 10 years So I can transfer my go bill to my daughter and she can afford a great education 16 years from now, but as it has been going that money will be part of a budget cut or somsthing like it.

#117 ·
I actually finished my degree while I was active duty and utilized the tuition assistance program because I wanted kids someday and college tuition is getting incredibly pricey. Ecpi univeristy has good programs for military. I am finishing my masters in IT with them right now.

#119 ·
Thank you for the kind words. Glad to hear that I helped the community in some way. Y'all on here have taught me so much in such little time. 6 months ago I had never modded my car. Never taken a wheel off lol. From reading and learning from you guys posting, write-ups, and advice and help that was personally given to me by people on here, I can't believe how much I've learned in such little time.
One thing I have learned is that if you disagree with someone or something someone is saying, just ignore it and let someone else deal with it!
Everyone has a bad day, me included.
Haha that is funny, that would be crazy if it was my thread that pushed AM to get Bama rolling.... it did pick up a lot of steam though! Just glad it resulted in better tunes for everyone.

#130 · (Edited)
If going with a turbo or super charger its my understanding a dyno tune is where you want to be. Also, Lund tune falls in that category as well. If I never went FI, I personally would go to a highly reputable dyno tuner in my area. I live in Maryland near the Delaware border and Matt from Performance Evolution is an amazing mad scientist for mustangs and tuning.

Rapinator is a very knowledgeable member on this forum and he is a big supporter of Lund tuning.

I'm not sure if Steeda tunes for FI or just bolt on mods.

Sent from my naked Johnson. The third real non Boss 227

#133 · (Edited)
That's my understanding about Lund tuning as well. Very aggressive, very safe and very good. I personally don't run any tunes by Lund but my understanding is many hard core 5.0 performance enthusiasts run Lund.

As awesome as Lund may be I just don't need a fourth tune. I already run MPT, Steeda and Bama for my tunes. I'm very happy with all three but for F.I. I know Bama doesn't tune. Not sure about Steeda or MPT.

Sent from my naked Johnson. The third real non Boss 227

#138 ·
Nor have I but I have a few friends who are regulars. Soccerluvr does it too and has said the same. I believe the reason is that in autocross your brain is the key component that an auto trans can't replicate. Seeing what's ahead of you and planning your shifts accordingly, jumping gears etc. Would love for someone who does autocross to chime in

Sent from my HTCONE using Mustang Evolution mobile app

#139 ·
I occasionally autocross.
110% recommend manual for it. You get caught and hang in gears way too much with an auto.
That being said, I just do it to mess around and have some fun, I'm fine with my auto doing it. If you're going to do it competitively or really want to see improvements or just not be annoyed by hanging or getting caught in gears, deff. go manual!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.