Build. Should I upgrade injectors? - Page 4 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-08-2014, 05:51 PM   #106
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14mustang View Post
I just dislike when people bash schools and different degrees. when they probably have no degree. Engineering is not a simple major.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app

---------- Post added at 04:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:45 PM ----------

I hope they delete pages 8-12

Yep, engineering is hard no matter where you go. You are a mechanic, engineer, and also serve (for 9 years!). Though I don't agree with some of the points you made, kudos - you deserve it. I'm looking at a business card I got from one of the people at Embry. Dr. Stephanie Cutler. Know her? I didn't get the card of another one of the professors, and I forgot his name. I was thinking of applying for a job there, but my gf lives in Houston, so that led me to applying to a lot of Texas schools instead.
Sakib is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-08-2014, 05:58 PM   #107
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Not discrediting your service at all . I served before switching to the police route and I have many friends and brothers who do have nothing but respect for them . When someone makes a comment such as "went to school on your tax money" that is not ok. You just don't say stuff like that man. That's what a boot says on instagram in a jacked up pic with his PC on sideways Saying MOS - seal or something retarded . Like I said not meaning any offense but how I read and took that was really not well.
Education doesn't matter. What you do with it matters.

Sent from my 831C using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Old 09-08-2014, 05:59 PM   #108
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
Texas A&M or UT are good schools. I have a few ex service member friends who attend at those schools. I did say alot that may have been a little reckless but hey I have a short temper. I don't know that name but have also been out of school for 5 years. I graduated awhile ago. I was a mechanic before the military. I worked at a European auto repair shop in oregon. Now I work in computer science and engineering for the military. Being a mechanic now is just a hobby when I get time. I plan on 11 more years of service then maybe retirement shortly after 20 yrs.

14mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-08-2014, 06:01 PM   #109
Registered Member
Regular

The coolest professor I had at Embry-Riddle was an ex navy pilot and was an amazing calculus teacher. I think he only taught part time or for only a few years though. He was very traditional and we did everything without ti-89 calculators like most calculus classes are taught

Old 09-08-2014, 06:04 PM   #110
Registered Member
Regular

Grabber. You make a good point. I appreciate your service as well.

Old 09-08-2014, 06:09 PM   #111
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Texas A&M or UT are good schools. I have a few ex service member friends who attend at those schools. I did say alot that may have been a little reckless but hey I have a short temper. I don't know that name but have also been out of school for 5 years. I graduated awhile ago. I was a mechanic before the military. I worked at a European auto repair shop in oregon. Now I work in computer science and engineering for the military. Being a mechanic now is just a hobby when I get time. I plan on 11 more years of service then maybe retirement shortly after 20 yrs.

Yah I actually got hired by A&M. Biomedical engineering. Moving on Friday, starting on October 1st.

FYI grabber blue 1993 is a huge contributor to this site and very well respected. His threads on comparing tunes have been greatly beneficial to a lot of people. And smurf stang does know a s--- ton about turbos. He provided many insights on the LPF build (though a little harshly worded at times) and is an active member of other mustang forums too.

Sent from my HTCONE using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Old 09-08-2014, 06:10 PM   #112
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
AJcruz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 06:13 PM   #113
Registered Member
Regular

I didn't really do much to be appreciated lol, just a lot of training .... went the SMP cadet route through army ROTC after basic/AIT, went to air assault school, few cool trips here and there, a lot of miserable training trips, 2 week EOD course in New Mexico which was fun, and a lot of other stuff like that. Obama decided to f--k a bunch of us and took away our college $...... while waiting for my papers to get it back to go through I got my police test score and decided to go the police academy route instead.... just can't afford $50k a year to go serve.... and I shouldn't have to pay 50k a year to serve in the army, as I'm sure you agree. I will be going through BOLC after I can get permission from the PD, then NG officer. Thanks Obama
Old 09-08-2014, 06:14 PM   #114
Registered Member
Regular

I have read grabbers threads. I have been using steeda and looked into Lund alot because the comparisons in the the thread. Smurf has just never been helpful and always seems to take smack but not supplying any helpful reasons why the idea is bad or won't work. I followed the lpf turbo build. I would love a turbo in this car. It really gets the tq that it is lacking at this point. I would build the block and heads first though so as not to have to replace the motor after it was boosted.

Old 09-08-2014, 06:15 PM   #115
Registered Member
Regular

Congrats on the hire. If I got out of the military after this next commitment I have though about looking for work in texas. Lots of possibilities regarding my field there.

Old 09-08-2014, 06:20 PM   #116
Registered Member
Regular

We all agree with that. I see alot of guys getting screwed. It is horrible veterans are getting it badly. The government wants to cut our funding but it would be a bad deal for everyone if they did. Education benefits need to be kept for all service memebers. I want to stay for at least 10 years So I can transfer my go bill to my daughter and she can afford a great education 16 years from now, but as it has been going that money will be part of a budget cut or somsthing like it.

Old 09-08-2014, 06:21 PM   #117
Registered Member
Regular

I actually finished my degree while I was active duty and utilized the tuition assistance program because I wanted kids someday and college tuition is getting incredibly pricey. Ecpi univeristy has good programs for military. I am finishing my masters in IT with them right now.

Old 09-08-2014, 06:26 PM   #118
Registered Member
Regular

Grabber, you have been a huge help in the whole tune debate. You helped push AM to get bama's S*** together.
paintmann111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 06:43 PM   #119
Registered Member
Regular

Thank you for the kind words. Glad to hear that I helped the community in some way. Y'all on here have taught me so much in such little time. 6 months ago I had never modded my car. Never taken a wheel off lol. From reading and learning from you guys posting, write-ups, and advice and help that was personally given to me by people on here, I can't believe how much I've learned in such little time.
One thing I have learned is that if you disagree with someone or something someone is saying, just ignore it and let someone else deal with it!
Everyone has a bad day, me included.
Haha that is funny, that would be crazy if it was my thread that pushed AM to get Bama rolling.... it did pick up a lot of steam though! Just glad it resulted in better tunes for everyone.
Old 09-08-2014, 06:50 PM   #120
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue1993 View Post
Thank you for the kind words. Glad to hear that I helped the community in some way. Y'all on here have taught me so much in such little time. 6 months ago I had never modded my car. Never taken a wheel off lol. From reading and learning from you guys posting, write-ups, and advice and help that was personally given to me by people on here, I can't believe how much I've learned in such little time.
One thing I have learned is that if you disagree with someone or something someone is saying, just ignore it and let someone else deal with it!
Everyone has a bad day, me included.
Haha that is funny, that would be crazy if it was my thread that pushed AM to get Bama rolling.... it did pick up a lot of steam though! Just glad it resulted in better tunes for everyone.
I sincerely believe you are responsible for, by now, thousands of dollars of increased sales for BAMA and AM. And you did push them get their act together, indirectly.
:thumbup:

Old 09-08-2014, 06:50 PM   #121
Registered Member
Regular

Any one know which tuner is best for turbo and pro charger set ups?

Old 09-08-2014, 07:00 PM   #122
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakib View Post
I sincerely believe you are responsible for, by now, thousands of dollars of increased sales for BAMA and AM. And you did push them get their act together, indirectly.
:thumbup:

Easily. I personally know of 10-15 people who have purchased tuners/tunes from them, a few getting the CAI combo package as well, because of my thread and talking with me in DMs.
Would have been nice to see a little love from them to be honest lol.
A little acknowledgment or some sort of "thank-you" or feature or anything, not even like free stuff, would have been nice.
Alex was great and is to everyone, always been helpful to me.
But something from AM would have been nice. Idk, maybe I am just sounding jaded lol. Free CAI or something to do another write-up on would have been nice. Oh well.
Like I said, glad it helped people! Just didn't think I turn into being an un-compensated poster boy lol.
Old 09-08-2014, 07:04 PM   #123
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Easily. I personally know of 10-15 people who have purchased tuners/tunes from them, a few getting the CAI combo package as well, because of my thread and talking with me in DMs.
Would have been nice to see a little love from them to be honest lol.
A little acknowledgment or some sort of "thank-you" or feature or anything, not even like free stuff, would have been nice.
Alex was great and is to everyone, always been helpful to me.
But something from AM would have been nice. Idk, maybe I am just sounding jaded lol. Free CAI or something to do another write-up on would have been nice. Oh well.
Like I said, glad it helped people! Just didn't think I turn into being an un-compensated poster boy lol.
Maybe they don't want you to become like mayor quimby.

Old 09-08-2014, 07:05 PM   #124
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Maybe they don't want you to become like mayor quimby.

I'd never be a democrat! lol jk.
Old 09-08-2014, 07:17 PM   #125
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I'd never be a democrat! lol jk.
Lol keep in mind you're talking to someone who spent twelve years in Ann Arbor, MI. I feel for you on the benefits issue though, that sucks and is just not right.

Old 09-08-2014, 07:26 PM   #126
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Lol keep in mind you're talking to someone who spent twelve years in Ann Arbor, MI. I feel for you on the benefits issue though, that sucks and is just not right.

Yeah I could honestly care less if someone is a rep or dem
If Obama was a rep I would hate him for doing that
It's just not right
Do like the health care for me though
Old 09-08-2014, 09:04 PM   #127
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Region: Georgia
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
Let's try to keep on topic and play nice.
Old 09-08-2014, 09:25 PM   #128
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
The auto with a tune is amazing. How do I know? I have one . The stock shift points with 2.73s and the adaptive shifting are what makes it seem sluggish not the actual transmission. Load a tune up and complete beast, much bigger change than the manual. I would blow away a manual with the same mods as me unless he is a really good driver and hits every shift perfect . And that's maybe a handful of people on this forum who can actually shift that well

Auto - for the dragstrip.
Downfall for the auto, is roll racing they fall on there face up top.
This is where a manual comes into play. But for a drag car auto hands down.

Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 09:35 PM   #129
Registered Member
Regular

What about autocross? That's what I do much more of.

Old 09-08-2014, 09:36 PM   #130
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
Any one know which tuner is best for turbo and pro charger set ups?

If going with a turbo or super charger its my understanding a dyno tune is where you want to be. Also, Lund tune falls in that category as well. If I never went FI, I personally would go to a highly reputable dyno tuner in my area. I live in Maryland near the Delaware border and Matt from Performance Evolution is an amazing mad scientist for mustangs and tuning.

Rapinator is a very knowledgeable member on this forum and he is a big supporter of Lund tuning.

I'm not sure if Steeda tunes for FI or just bolt on mods.

Sent from my naked Johnson. The third real non Boss 227
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 09:38 PM   #131
Registered Member
Regular

Lund tunes look pretty agressive. And put it down on the track.

Old 09-08-2014, 09:44 PM   #132
Registered Member
Regular

Anyone know good custom dyno tuners in mass, ny, nh, or ct?? I have been researching alot but they all say the say there the best (of course).

Old 09-08-2014, 09:55 PM   #133
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
Lund tunes look pretty agressive. And put it down on the track.

That's my understanding about Lund tuning as well. Very aggressive, very safe and very good. I personally don't run any tunes by Lund but my understanding is many hard core 5.0 performance enthusiasts run Lund.

As awesome as Lund may be I just don't need a fourth tune. I already run MPT, Steeda and Bama for my tunes. I'm very happy with all three but for F.I. I know Bama doesn't tune. Not sure about Steeda or MPT.

2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 09:59 PM   #134
Registered Member
Regular

Ken from MPT told me they would be relesasing Nitrous kits soon so I would assume they will tune for FI

Old 09-08-2014, 10:56 PM   #135
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99ford View Post
Let's try to keep on topic and play nice.
Was just trying to diffuse the situation, which apparently worked. The Simpsons can always bring people together

Old 09-08-2014, 10:58 PM   #136
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
What about autocross? That's what I do much more of.

Manual for sure for autocross.

Old 09-08-2014, 10:59 PM   #137
Registered Member
Regular

Never done autocross or been. Around anyone who has, so I'm not going to say, bc I have no clue when it comes to autocross.

Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 11:07 PM   #138
Registered Member
Regular

Nor have I but I have a few friends who are regulars. Soccerluvr does it too and has said the same. I believe the reason is that in autocross your brain is the key component that an auto trans can't replicate. Seeing what's ahead of you and planning your shifts accordingly, jumping gears etc. Would love for someone who does autocross to chime in

Old 09-08-2014, 11:25 PM   #139
Registered Member
Regular

I occasionally autocross.
110% recommend manual for it. You get caught and hang in gears way too much with an auto.
That being said, I just do it to mess around and have some fun, I'm fine with my auto doing it. If you're going to do it competitively or really want to see improvements or just not be annoyed by hanging or getting caught in gears, deff. go manual!!
Old 09-09-2014, 08:36 PM   #140
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
That's my understanding about Lund tuning as well. Very aggressive, very safe and very good. I personally don't run any tunes by Lund but my understanding is many hard core 5.0 performance enthusiasts run Lund.

As awesome as Lund may be I just don't need a fourth tune. I already run MPT, Steeda and Bama for my tunes. I'm very happy with all three but for F.I. I know Bama doesn't tune. Not sure about Steeda or MPT.

MPT will tune for FI, but not on their normal tunes. You have to buy another specifically for that.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Mustang Evolution mobile app
2011 V6 Race Red - Airaid CAI , BBK 73mm Throttle Body, 3.73 FRPP Gears, BBK Longtube Headers , BBK Off Road X-Pipe , Borla ATAKs , SR Performance Strut Tower Brace, MPT 91R Tune, Powerstop Rotors and pads, JLT Oil Seperator, Koni STR.T Struts & Shocks, Eibach Pro Line Springs, BMR Adjustable Panhard Bar, J&M Caster Camber Plates, Mickey Thompson Street Comps on 19" Laguna Seca Hyper Black Wheels, Several other aesthetic mods
JoeyM91 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang