Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Build. Should I upgrade injectors?

7K views 139 replies 23 participants last post by  JoeyM91 
#1 ·
So I have a 2014 pp mustang mt. I have steeda intake, 93 tune, 80mm gt 5.0 throttle body, bbk shorties, and stock exhaust. I am planning on a catless x pipe and upgraded injectors. Is this doable in a n/a 3.7 and what are the gains. I would go with 60lbs I have read that stock they are 29lb. Anyone done this without being sc or turbo

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app

#4 ·
I am always using 93 octane and won't be going over that. What other beneficial and affordable mods can I do at this point to get me over 300 hp and tq

---------- Post added at 07:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:26 PM ----------

Ported upper and lower intake manifolds?

#5 ·
Nitrous a 75shot will do

#6 ·
I don't mess with nitrous on a daily driver. I want constant power. Not only when I hit a button for it.

---------- Post added at 08:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:39 PM ----------

How about the water/method kits? Anyone messed with those yet

#7 ·
Well your gonna have a tough time getting there a cheap and affordable way.. most N/A guys with full bolts ons haven't even broken the 300rwhp mark

#8 ·
I dynod at 275rwhp with full bolt ons and ported manifolds before i went fi. My car is an auto

#15 · (Edited)
My 3.7 automatic was and is close to 300 rwhp. I dyno at 297 rwhp with my bolt on mods. ?

OP, just go procharger supercharger and done. 400 rwhp and perfect for DD. Power is always there when you nail the gas pedal but if not its like you don't even have a supercharger on it.

Sent from my naked Johnson. The third real non Boss 227

#10 ·
Nitrous would be perfect for a daily all u have to do is hit a button when u need it.. so it's not always putting stress

Sent from my HTC One using Mustang Evolution mobile app

#11 ·
I used to daily my car with a 100shot you only use the spray when you need it or for fun..
now I'm daily driving it boosted

#12 ·
Good point. I like the shorties because the low end torque. I have 3.31 gears since I have the performnace package. I have a 1 piece drive shaft too. The manual makes more hp that the auto correct?

#14 ·
in a way a WOT switch is a button...

#17 ·
If you have the green, Procharge it like Kona said. Never have an issue with power again. Lol I was actually looking at BBK shorties. Do you like them? They worth the $400?

#20 ·
Lt is for the mid to high hp but yields less tq gain. The shorties give some hp but more low to mid range tq than lt headers. Depends on what you are trying to achieve. If going the sc route than I would do lt headers. If turbo then stock or shorties. If 1/4 and 1/8 car than shorties are better IMHO because tq is what moves you off the line quicker and you aren't spinning it up to 10 mph at the track unless sc or turbo

---------- Post added at 07:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:32 AM ----------

*140mph

#24 ·
Soooo. 80mm throttle body, catless xpipe, shorty headers, steeda cai, dyno tune, lightweight driveshaft......is 300 rwhp and 290rwtq possible? Would coil packs, spark plugs, injectors, and porting upper/lower im's make a difference? ??

#28 ·
Ok good to know. Just wanted to know why it is listed they make a difference with hp/tq nd if people have actually gained anything from those mods. I do appreciate the info. I listen to forum members more than parts companies who have "dyno" graphs showing there gains

#31 ·
They are trying to sell there products that's what they say that. But notice they say " up to this # " then is not false advertising if you only pick up .5 hp. Alot of people fall for there adds bc they do not know better.

#29 ·
If you want 300 go with full exhaust and full Boltons and a good tune. # chasing is a dead end road as every dyno reads different. But yes you will get close may be slightly over 300 but as I said every dyno is different

#33 ·
Ok cool. I want to be close to those numbers because it would make a good solid performing car for weekend track and spirited driving with local clubs. I will go turbo or sc someday but for now alot more tq and a little more hp will be satisfyingly

#34 ·
Unfortunately, the thing that really lacks in the 3.7 is torque. Even with all my bolt on mods my rwtq was 276. Heck , a stock 2010 GT is probably higher rwtq coming from factory with no mods. Rwhp the 3.7 responds awesome and crushes numbers but when it comes too torque, not so good. Actually, fair at best.

Sent from my naked Johnson. The third real non Boss 227

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.