2014 front sensors and/or rear back up camera - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-06-2014, 12:09 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
2014 front sensors and/or rear back up camera

Hi everyone... Anyone have any of the above mentioned products? I've seen backup cameras where the screen is on the rear view mirror rather than a new led screen... Anybody have that?

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
elkoritaNAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-06-2014, 12:30 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
The 2014 didn't have front sensor just the rear. As for the backup camera if you have the electronics pkg with the nav then the backup camera will show up on that, if not it shows on the rearview mirror.
2014 SGM V6 Premium Auto | Pony Pkg. | Comfort & Security Pkg. | 3:31 Rear
2008 V6 Premium Coupe (Traded)
mustangfan410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 01:33 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
AM sells the curb alert system for a front parking aid. I bought one from Amazon as AM was out of stock. I haven't installed it yet, but it seems very straight forward.

Now I can keep my new GT bumper from ending up with all the curb checks my V6 bumper went through...

Sent from my SM-G900V using Mustang Evolution mobile app
2011 V6 Race Red - Airaid CAI , BBK 73mm Throttle Body, 3.73 FRPP Gears, BBK Longtube Headers , BBK Off Road X-Pipe , Borla ATAKs , SR Performance Strut Tower Brace, MPT 91R Tune, Powerstop Rotors and pads, JLT Oil Seperator, Koni STR.T Struts & Shocks, Eibach Pro Line Springs, BMR Adjustable Panhard Bar, J&M Caster Camber Plates, Mickey Thompson Street Comps on 19" Laguna Seca Hyper Black Wheels, Several other aesthetic mods
JoeyM91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-06-2014, 04:11 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
I have the rear backup camera with the screen in my rear-view mirror.
Old 09-29-2014, 12:07 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by forceflow2 View Post
Can you remove the felt pad on your trunk lid and take a photo of the wires underneath and post it here.

I'm trying to add a back up camera to my car and trying figure out a few things about the wiring already in place.

Ex: The plug that goes to the faux gas cap / latch component of the lid looks to have more wires than necessary. I'm trying to figure out if the camera wires are in that bundle of wires and tapped off of it on cars with stock cameras.
c_rizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 09:52 AM   #6

@forceflow2 what mirror do you have? Is it after market? How do you like it?
OnlineJeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 08:54 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by forceflow2 View Post
What mirror do you have? I've been looking for one.
OnlineJeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 09:41 AM   #8

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by c_rizzle View Post
Can you remove the felt pad on your trunk lid and take a photo of the wires underneath and post it here.

I'm trying to add a back up camera to my car and trying figure out a few things about the wiring already in place.

Ex: The plug that goes to the faux gas cap / latch component of the lid looks to have more wires than necessary. I'm trying to figure out if the camera wires are in that bundle of wires and tapped off of it on cars with stock cameras.
I added a factory camera to my 2014 and this is what I had to do. The factory camera wires are not in the trunk deck lid. Check out this tread.

2014 Rear deck camera wiring schematic needed - Mustang Evolution
Resto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 08:51 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlineJeff View Post
What mirror do you have? I've been looking for one.
I have the OEM backup camera system that comes with cars without the nav.
Old 10-03-2014, 08:57 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

2014 front sensors and/or rear back up camera

Forcedflow, can you do what I asked? (Take a picture of the wires under the rear deck felt)
Old 10-03-2014, 09:01 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Forcedflow, can you do what I asked? (Take a picture of the wires under the rear deck felt)
Is that not what wiring diagrams are for? A random picture of some wires probably isn't going to be useful without knowing what they are actually for.
Old 10-04-2014, 06:00 PM   #12

Region: Texas
Quote:

The rear mirror is different, it cost a lot to have a screen in it, if u want an oem. aftermarket stuff are cheap but doesn't look good.
Just share some experiences. I was trying to get one but it looks so ugly after you replace the oem mirror.
SQUALL1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 06:52 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Quote:
If you do not have a separate harness with the plug on it when you remove the liner you are making your own harness.
I has everything but the rear camera on mine and still had to make a harness to run up to the plug behind the right kick panel. It did seem that some of the GT's did have the harness, but they did have options we could not get on the V6.
If the wires with the wire color in the Ford Service manual are not there you are on your own just like I was Ford Service Manuals - Wiring Diagrams
Mods OEM Backup Camera, BBK Shorties, FRPP Cut and Clamp X-Pipe, Borla Touring A/B's, Airaid CAI, Axle Xchange 2 piece aluminum Driveshaft, Koni Sport Shocks and Struts, Vogtland V6 Leveling springs, Ford Racing 302s wheels wrapped with Continental 275/40 19's, JBL GTO 8628 6X8 in all 4 corners.
2013 F 150 FX2 With a 6.2 Boss
Siber Express is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 10:32 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah, I've given up on that idea. I thought at first there were more than 4 wires going to the electric trunk/lock release on the rear lid on stock backup cam cars and I might be able to tap some wires for power or something. Its an 8 pin plug, but only has 4 wires.

Anyway, I've compiled all kinds of stuff including the links you've provided Siber, bought the correct harness/pigtail and I plan on running my wires hopefully sometime this week. And installing the spoiler this coming weekend if its back from the painter.

This guide (<--click) is really nearly perfect already, but I'm going to try doing things slightly different for my OEM backup camera spoiler. I'll document my install and post a little How To afterwards.
Old 10-12-2014, 05:44 AM   #15

Region: Arkansas
I got an oem style setup with the mirror dimming feature installed at tint world for 350. They also have the mirror (rearview) with the bluetooth in for handsfree calling also. I thought it was a good deal since ford wants 360 just to upgrade the regular mirror with the auto dimming feature plus another 70 to 80 for install. Tint world seems to be nation wide.
nathan.kindle is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang