Beautiful day for the track - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-07-2014, 06:29 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Yes I was stating that the 60' timer was incorrect. I can 99.99% promise you that the 60' time is incorrect. Your others look fine.

You posted in a previous thread, I found it amusing. Wash U.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-07-2014, 06:43 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post
Got lucky you didn't hit the wall,
This is why I believe people need alot more practice, b4 they make a trip to the track and try launching, in a manual.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Ohh the wall was quite far away than it looks in the video. I wouldn't hit it unless I swayed a lot more. I do some launches here and there and I don't usually sway this much but I'm thinking if the tire gunk at the start made it to lose traction. Next time I will try launching at a lower rpm.
FordMustang12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 06:48 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordMustang12 View Post
Ohh the wall was quite far away than it looks in the video. I wouldn't hit it unless I swayed a lot more. I do some launches here and there and I don't usually sway this much but I'm thinking if the tire gunk at the start made it to lose traction. Next time I will try launching at a lower rpm.

Oh you went through the water box? I should have told you to drive around it. I did. You don't want that on street tires.
Sakib is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-07-2014, 06:54 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakib View Post
Oh you went through the water box? I should have told you to drive around it. I did. You don't want that on street tires.
Yes I did go through it. I honestly did not know. Next time I will go around it.
Old 09-07-2014, 07:04 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yes I did go through it. I honestly did not know. Next time I will go around it.

Your friend with the Genesis that was right behind me knew to pass it because he followed me, haha. I wonder what your other Mustang friend did. I should have told all of you guys, I knew about that from reading threads on here. Rapinator was the one who said it, long time ago.
Old 09-07-2014, 07:13 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakib View Post
Your friend with the Genesis that was right behind me knew to pass it because he followed me, haha. I wonder what your other Mustang friend did. I should have told all of you guys, I knew about that from reading threads on here. Rapinator was the one who said it, long time ago.
The other friend went through it too. I saw him going through it.
Old 09-07-2014, 08:35 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
Quote:
The other friend went through it too. I saw him going through it.
Yep. Water box is only for drag slicks to clean the surface off.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Mustang Evolution mobile app
2011 V6 Race Red - Airaid CAI , BBK 73mm Throttle Body, 3.73 FRPP Gears, BBK Longtube Headers , BBK Off Road X-Pipe , Borla ATAKs , SR Performance Strut Tower Brace, MPT 91R Tune, Powerstop Rotors and pads, JLT Oil Seperator, Koni STR.T Struts & Shocks, Eibach Pro Line Springs, BMR Adjustable Panhard Bar, J&M Caster Camber Plates, Mickey Thompson Street Comps on 19" Laguna Seca Hyper Black Wheels, Several other aesthetic mods
JoeyM91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 10:19 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by VIG View Post

Now that several hours have passed I just read through this again, and yes, this meme describes it pretty well. Sorry, LiveWire, about my overreaction. P.S. It did help me come to this realization that my gf just read through this thread and laughed out loud when she got to this part. To VIG she says: "Try dating him."
Old 09-08-2014, 01:19 AM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post
Yes good save, but another reason you do not need to disable advanced track on ****ty tires.

---------- Post added at 05:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:47 PM ----------

Guarantee you your time would have been alot better with everything on.

I can tell you from experience, disabling the advancetrac / stability control completely is not a good idea if you are not in a controlled/isolated environment or your last name is not Gitten. I did a few stints and got cocky. One night on my way home with my wife following I thought I'd put on a display.... Two lane back road after midnight. Dropped the clutch and commenced to go sideways and steer into it, then shifted into 2nd and the P Zero's hooked up. It shot me across the road, I was able to barely get control before taking out a mailbox and possibly a parked car. Unfortunately, I rode the curb and fubared my rear wheel. That's $271 down the ****ter. I'm glad it happened though, it may have cost thousands down the road.
Old 09-08-2014, 08:51 AM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by badka2ma View Post
I can tell you from experience, disabling the advancetrac / stability control completely is not a good idea if you are not in a controlled/isolated environment or your last name is not Gitten. I did a few stints and got cocky. One night on my way home with my wife following I thought I'd put on a display.... Two lane back road after midnight. Dropped the clutch and commenced to go sideways and steer into it, then shifted into 2nd and the P Zero's hooked up. It shot me across the road, I was able to barely get control before taking out a mailbox and possibly a parked car. Unfortunately, I rode the curb and fubared my rear wheel. That's $271 down the ****ter. I'm glad it happened though, it may have cost thousands down the road.
The track and a normal street are two different things. The track is typically prepped, meaning a stickier surface.

The P ZEROS are also notoriously sketchy tires.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Mustang Evolution mobile app
2011 V6 Race Red - Airaid CAI , BBK 73mm Throttle Body, 3.73 FRPP Gears, BBK Longtube Headers , BBK Off Road X-Pipe , Borla ATAKs , SR Performance Strut Tower Brace, MPT 91R Tune, Powerstop Rotors and pads, JLT Oil Seperator, Koni STR.T Struts & Shocks, Eibach Pro Line Springs, BMR Adjustable Panhard Bar, J&M Caster Camber Plates, Mickey Thompson Street Comps on 19" Laguna Seca Hyper Black Wheels, Several other aesthetic mods
JoeyM91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 08:04 AM   #46

Well. I think i went through the water

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
mangeshc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 08:12 AM   #47

Ohh well sorry about that earlier post. Accidentally hit reply button

Anyways I am the "other mustang" guy in the photo. I did go through the water box.

Background on my car 2011 v6 with 3.31 gears with manual gear box. No tunes and no mods yet.

During my turn the stupid timer didn't start. Apparently i blew something on my start so no idea about my actual times. I launched at about 4k rpm. But since i forgot to switch off my traction control my rpm dropped down to about 2.5k. It felt really pathetic. Based on the video i took i am guessing I was somewhere close to sakibs final quarter mile time. From what i remember i was between 95 and 100 when i passed the quarter mile. I got a decent wheelspin at start but traction control ruined it. Not able
To post the video of my phone. Will add it from my computer later.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
mangeshc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 01:03 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
I started a new thread in the At The Track section for my trip last night. Take a look.

Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution
GrabberMeBlue is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang