Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Got a GoPro, short video

1K views 18 replies 8 participants last post by  Ponyboarder 
#1 · (Edited)
Let me know what you think, compressing the file kills the quality but I thought it turned out well. Will try different mounting positions soon, just a short test run.

Mustang GoPro CLICK HERE!

Should be fixed now, thank you everyone. It is on youtube now, so quality will take dive I think.

#3 ·
I see the still of it before it plays, but it won't actually play..... Looks pretty good quality though, i'm still trying to fiddle with mine to get it good quality. I shoot at 1440 @30 or 48fps and it always turns out like **** when i upload it to something, looks great on my computers playback though.

#7 ·
Looks good. Now you are going to start buying different mounts and different housings to try weird shots. I've been using the head strap mount but that points too much to my ceiling when driving so I'll try the chest mount and then after that I'll get a mount for my roll bar behind me. Look into external mics, much better sound out of those.

Bullitts are better than Bullets

#9 ·
The external mic I use is only $2 and is pretty good, just have to tape it to something so it doesn't flop around.
I also had to get another housing for it that has an opening on the side for it to plug in. That was like $16 on EBay.

Bullitts are better than Bullets

#12 ·
All I can say is >>>>

EXCELLENT
I think one of my next big purchases will likly be a "GO-PRO"
I love the roads where you live.
Ronnie

#13 ·
I love the roads where you live.
I was thinking the exact same thing. Your profile says Springfield, Illinois. Is the state capitol really that rural, or are you just saying Springfield because it's the closest city? There are some beautiful country roads like that here in Michigan too, but not right by my house. I wish!

Sent from my HTCONE using Mustang Evolution mobile app

#14 ·
They are my secret roads which are VERY close to downtown springfield actually. I'll do a video from downtown to my area today and upload. While the roads are nice there are some terrible potholes

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Mustang Evolution mobile app

---------- Post added at 08:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:14 AM ----------

And heat wise, the stock case does really well, but there is a high heat case that you can get.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Mustang Evolution mobile app

#15 ·
Both of these videos use the $2 mic. You can kinda see it at the first part of one video. You do have to get a bit more creative with where you put it or you will get a lot of wind noise, that is unless you shell out for a nice mic, or you can always get added silencers for the mic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mdp1YHFmZM&list=UUZn1oCvVn8OYv8TCwUDScdQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5PoWC3EzaM&list=UUZn1oCvVn8OYv8TCwUDScdQ

Now for comparison this video is using the entire waterproof housing, so there are no openings at all, you can tell that its more muffled.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKNM5kniS58&list=UUZn1oCvVn8OYv8TCwUDScdQ

#16 ·
CLICK HERE TO WATCH VIDEO!

Ok here is the video of me leaving the capital (Springfield) then driving to some nice backroads just 4 or 5 minutes out (depending on traffic)

Figured you guys liked the last one so here is some more.

Issue I had was youtube only lets it be viewable in 360p, though it looks higher resolution. Anyways, enjoy and give me some feedpack.

ALSO, found these in case anyone was interested
Foam Mic cover for gopro

Great battery deal with dual charger

#18 ·
Soccerluvr: nice videos, like your exhaust.

Pony: nice roads. I live like 2-3 min from roads like those, live in the "country" side, open and sometimes free of traffic; scenery not the same though!

"I know I was born and I know that I'll die... The in between is mine."

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.