Roush Axleback Legal noise? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-07-2014, 06:10 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Question Roush Axleback Legal noise?

First post so hopefully right section lol, Have been contemplating the idea of getting a Roush Axleback for my car, does anyone know if the sound of these breaches any noise level in any state? Some people have said it is too loud and have had to remove it just thought I would check! Thanks everyone!
KieraniGadget is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-07-2014, 06:12 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Harley's and motorcycles are louder than any axle back lol ur fine

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
elkoritaNAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 06:13 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Maybe California, but definitely not any others
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-07-2014, 06:16 PM   #4
Registered Member

Regular

Welcome to the forums.

You should be fine in most states, even here in Cali. However, there might be the cop or two that's having a bad day and might hassle you. If you see cops let off the gas, lol.
Socal Stangman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 06:22 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkoritaNAY View Post
Harley's and motorcycles are louder than any axle back lol ur fine

lol Thanks, maybe some people just dont like the noise

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangz View Post
Maybe California, but definitely not any others
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socal Stangman View Post
Welcome to the forums.

You should be fine in most states, even here in Cali. However, there might be the cop or two that's having a bad day and might hassle you. If you see cops let off the gas, lol.
Thanks for the welcome!

Thanks for the help everyone gratefully appreciated!
Old 09-07-2014, 10:08 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
It's all about being respectful and familiar with your surroundings. If you leave for work at 5 am and live in a neighborhood dont redline the car leaving, shift at 1500ish or so and you should be fine.
StarzTA17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 10:21 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarzTA17 View Post
It's all about being respectful and familiar with your surroundings. If you leave for work at 5 am and live in a neighborhood dont redline the car leaving, shift at 1500ish or so and you should be fine.

Haha thank you!

Old 09-07-2014, 10:22 PM   #8
Road Trip!

They will only tell you something about it if you're already stopped for something else.

I used them for 3 months here in California, I did get a lot of unwanted attention with them... I went WOT against a GTO and from very far, We saw the red and blue lights.... I'd think it's because they heard the loud exhaust and knew we were racing.

Didn't stop us and never got stopped for loud exhaust, The only time I did get stopped was when I got caught burning out and speeding in excess of 90MPH in a 40MPH zone, He mentioned he could cite me for the loud exhaust as well, But he let me off with a warning on everything.

So just don't be dumb like I was and you won't have any problems. (I removed them and sold them anyways).
RushGotti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 04:34 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Dont worry about bothering anyone. The only people you dont want to be going WOT around is your neighbors. I dont take mine over 2500 till I leave my neighborhood, then I could care less about "noise complaints" or these "cops" you speak of.

2014 3.7 Airaid CAI, Roush Axle Back Exhaust
iaintacop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 05:47 AM   #10
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by iaintacop View Post
Dont worry about bothering anyone. The only people you dont want to be going WOT around is your neighbors. I dont take mine over 2500 till I leave my neighborhood, then I could care less about "noise complaints" or these "cops" you speak of.

Poor attitude. Sooner or later, you'll get caught by the cop you don't care about.
Old 09-08-2014, 06:21 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
You CAN get a citation for an altered exhaust. Although it is unusual to stop a vehicle just because the exhaust, unless it is absurdly loud in a residential area. Typically it is used as a reason to pull you over and try to search the car if the cop suspects he might find other infractions/illegal substances.

Airraid CAI | BBK Ceramic Shorty Headers | BBK Catted X-Pipe | Ford Racing Sport Axlebacks | GT/CS Spoiler | Black GT500 Stripes
ToP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 08:00 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Op just be responsible with them, if you go wot all the time your no doubt going to attract attention. 1 1/2 years with them no problems. (knock on wood)

2013 3.7 Manual Candy apple red metallic,
GT 500 stripes, painted side mirror covers, GT 500 spoiler, 2010 GT premium wheels with Pirelli P-zero tires, upper and lower front billet grille, Barton shifter bracket, Airaid Cold air intake, S.R lowering springs, J&M adjustable panhard bar, Boss 302 strut tower brace, 3.73 ford racing gears, Bama tuned, BBK shorty headers, Roush Axel backs.
FastFord13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 09:15 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucko View Post
Poor attitude. Sooner or later, you'll get caught by the cop you don't care about.
Caught for? Texas doesn't have a noise level law in effect last I checked

Old 09-09-2014, 02:00 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

I thought it was 90 something db's? But then again there is no way that's right - some guy in the UK can burp over 110 db... I've never heard of having an altered exhaust alone being a reason for a ticket.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Dark_Pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 02:37 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Most road courses i've been do limit you to 95 Db, so 90 on the street seems doable. 110 is like rock concert level ... that's really loud, may want to double check that.
Voltwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 03:06 PM   #16
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Quote:
Caught for? Texas doesn't have a noise level law in effect last I checked

Found this by a simple Google search on noise law in Texas:

"According to the Texas Penal Code, making “unreasonable noise in a public place other than a sport shooting range,” using “abusive, indecent, profane or vulgar language in a public place” or discharging a firearm on or across a public road can be prosecuted for disorderly conduct. A state statute on nuisances also applies to noise, but it usually involves an illegal act to be prosecuted"

So if a police officer wants to, they have a right to do so.
Old 09-09-2014, 03:15 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks all, Its all about being responsible, there is a time and place for listening to your exhaust, Its all common sense!

Placed the order will post some photos on a new thread and things about the installation!
Old 09-09-2014, 03:45 PM   #18
Road Trip!

Congrats! You won't be disappointed. The Roush Chrome Tips make an awesome addition to the styling of the car, That's for sure.

RushGotti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 03:47 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by RushGotti View Post
Congrats! You won't be disappointed. The Roush Chrome Tips make an awesome addition to the styling of the car, That's for sure.

Thanks for showing me that photo! Finally a photo which shows the beauty of the exhaust!
Old 09-09-2014, 04:09 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by KieraniGadget View Post
Thanks all, Its all about being responsible, there is a time and place for listening to your exhaust, Its all common sense!

Placed the order will post some photos on a new thread and things about the installation!
Congrats! Exactly correct, there is a time and place as long as your responsible you should be fine. We have exhaust laws up here also but I've had no problems with my neighbours or the law regarding my Roush! BTW shorties will make them sound even better.

GT 500 stripes, painted side mirror covers, GT 500 spoiler, 2010 GT premium wheels with Pirelli P-zero tires, upper and lower front billet grille, Barton shifter bracket, Airaid Cold air intake, S.R lowering springs, J&M adjustable panhard bar, Boss 302 strut tower brace, 3.73 ford racing gears, Bama tuned, BBK shorty headers, Roush Axel backs.
Old 09-09-2014, 05:24 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Found this by a simple Google search on noise law in Texas:

"According to the Texas Penal Code, making “unreasonable noise in a public place other than a sport shooting range,” using “abusive, indecent, profane or vulgar language in a public place” or discharging a firearm on or across a public road can be prosecuted for disorderly conduct. A state statute on nuisances also applies to noise, but it usually involves an illegal act to be prosecuted"

So if a police officer wants to, they have a right to do so.
Unlike a lot of people, I dont let cops walk all over me.
Never have, never will.
If a cop wants to try to give anyone a hard time for exhaust, it WILL be a riced Honda.

Old 09-09-2014, 05:27 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I won't get "caught" for anything anything.
This is the land of the free, not matter how much of a police state this place has become.
Innocent until proven guilty.
Cops work for me, not the other way around.

Old 09-09-2014, 05:45 PM   #23
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
I won't get "caught" for anything anything.
This is the land of the free, not matter how much of a police state this place has become.
Innocent until proven guilty.
Cops work for me, not the other way around.

I think you've proven your point. Im pretty sure too much "cop hate" around here wont be tolerated. Lets just move on...
Old 09-09-2014, 05:54 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socal Stangman View Post
I think you've proven your point. Im pretty sure too much "cop hate" around here wont be tolerated. Lets just move on...
I await the arguments this guy will repeatedly cause.
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 06:02 PM   #25
Registered Member

Regular

Please no more negative comments about this...if it continues I'll lock it down.
Old 09-09-2014, 07:33 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
I'll just say this, you CAN be pulled over for a loud exhaust. Then again you can be pulled over for numerous infractions most drivers are unaware of. In my experience, most LEO's won't waste their time with something this trivial unless it is disturbing a residence or suspected that something else may be amiss. Enjoy your exhaust OP, just be respectful of others and you'll be fine. Also, it never hurts to read up on your state's laws and figure out what the book says just in case.

Airraid CAI | BBK Ceramic Shorty Headers | BBK Catted X-Pipe | Ford Racing Sport Axlebacks | GT/CS Spoiler | Black GT500 Stripes
ToP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 08:51 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voltwings View Post
Most road courses i've been do limit you to 95 Db, so 90 on the street seems doable. 110 is like rock concert level ... that's really loud, may want to double check that.
Not really on topic, but the record is 107.1 dbs.
http://guinnessworldrecordss.blogspo...-burp.html?m=1

Sent from my SM-N900V using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Dark_Pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 10:02 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

That's too funny!

Old 09-10-2014, 09:21 AM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Roush

I have had my Roush Axle Backs for 3 months now and they are really loud, but there are cars and motorcycles that are way louder than these mufflers. You will truly love them.
IanTheFancy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 11:11 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

It's perfectly legal! Sound amazing too!!!
Sahelmadani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 01:06 AM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahelmadani View Post
It's perfectly legal! Sound amazing too!!!

Not in all states. I can only speak to Florida but any modified exhaust is illegal.

2014 5.OHHHHHH
Noodles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 04:31 AM   #32
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToP View Post
I'll just say this, you CAN be pulled over for a loud exhaust. Then again you can be pulled over for numerous infractions most drivers are unaware of. In my experience, most LEO's won't waste their time with something this trivial unless it is disturbing a residence or suspected that something else may be amiss. Enjoy your exhaust OP, just be respectful of others and you'll be fine. Also, it never hurts to read up on your state's laws and figure out what the book says just in case.

^^ This ^^

I had a set of Roush installed for a few hours. They quickly came off. At that time, I had to leave for work at around 3:30 AM. Because I like my neighborhood and the neighbors around me, I realized that having to putt through the neighborhood this early in the morning to be respectful was simply not going to be worth it. I shopped around, and discovered the GT500's. These were perfect for me.

Even if the neighborhood drive in the early morning were not a factor, I just found the Roush too loud for my taste. It would be cheaper to simply remove the axlebacks all together; you'll get the same sound results; just no chrome tips.
Old 09-12-2014, 05:17 AM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

Anyone can respect their neighbours with any AB, Roush, pypes, ataks ect, if the driver wants to be respectful.

Old 09-12-2014, 08:47 AM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

I'm pretty sure it shouldn't be a problem. Just the AB with no other mods isn't obnoxiously loud. If ricers don't get pulled over then neither should you with the Roush. And you can hear ricers from miles away...lol
Sahelmadani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2014, 05:44 PM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

YES!!! I agree ..................
blackout2012 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang