Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Pssshhh or "sucking in" noise when shifting between gears

12K views 22 replies 10 participants last post by  natestang07 
#1 ·
I have a cai in my car and have recently notice an pshhh or "air being sucked in" or "turbo like noise" when shifting and accelerating between 1st 2nd or 2nd to 3rd. Is this an issue or problem? Please advise thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

#5 ·
Yes yes I've had the jlt cai for a while, unless I never paid attention to it? Last time I began hearing those "noises" it was because the cai connection became loose, so we had to tighten it. When it was right I wouldn't hear that "pshhh" noise, so it makes me think it's coming loose again, but I've looked at it and connection looks good

#7 ·
Lol

---------- Post added at 06:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:35 PM ----------

What I'm saying is I've heard the noise and have not heard the noise with the jlt cai... At various times lol

#10 ·
Have you had it before the turbo install? Was it immediately present once you put the turbo on or did it just come up recently? By "cufffffff" does it sound kind of like steam or gas being released? Or does it sound like a blow off valve. I'm assuming it doesn't sound like a blow off valve, and that it sounds more like exhaust gas may be shooting out somewhere?

#17 ·
i love the sound the exhaust makes when changing gears (manual trans) and the engine revs drop quickly. anyone else know what i mean? i have longtubes and o/r x-pipe so it sounds much different in shifting. i tried to find a clip on youtube but no dice.
its kinda like how the bullitt sounds in the famous chase scene when he shifts

#18 ·
i love the sound the exhaust makes when changing gears (manual trans) and the engine revs drop quickly. anyone else know what i mean? i have longtubes and o/r x-pipe so it sounds much different in shifting. i tried to find a clip on youtube but no dice.
its kinda like how the bullitt sounds in the famous chase scene when he shifts
I think what you're referring to is the engine "blip" when downshifting.

#22 ·
I guess that has to be what I'm talking about. Haha

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.